Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,297 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
wolfpackjb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I, and I hope Keatts, would gladly accept the role of "backup" if Josh Hall wanted to come to State.
Packfan8
TOS wrote a good free article if anyone wants to read about Ambrose's visit
wufpack7
Personally, I hope we're able to fill all of our scholarships this fall, but keep recruiting Hall as well as keep our eyes open for really good grad or traditional transfers to fill whatever scholarships open up during or after the season (because odds are that at least one will). I would really rather not pass up on a good 4-year player just to keep a scholarship open "just in case". Now, if we truly feel that we've got a great shot at Hall (like > 50%) or we know of a specific really good grad transfer who will want to come here, that changes things. Or obviously if you miss on all of your recruiting targets, there's no point in just bringing in a body in the fall. But if we could land 2 of the guys who already have offers? I hope we do it.
Dunlow66
I think Hugley to Pitt is just a matter of time.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

I think Hugley to Pitt is just a matter of time.
Rumor is he has told their staff he will commit.
braz213
How are we looking on Carter Whitt? How's his recruitment going?
Packfan8
So we need a center or no??? Asking for a friend
WolfpackSI
Whats the deal with DJ? Grades? A huge loss if he isn't on the roster
Packfan8

Missed this a couple days ago
TheStorm
^ He posted that same foolishness on 3 or 4 threads last night... whatever good that's supposed to do everyone here.

nryanh94
TheStorm said:

^ He posted that same foolishness on 3 or 4 threads last night... whatever good that's supposed to do everyone here.

I'm just trying to figure out *** it has to do with recruiting, or Funderburk
Packfan8
PackDaddy
Unfortunately for me 6 inches is average
HungryWolf92
Hugley deciding on the 18th...still feel like its Pitt, Dun?
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Hugley deciding on the 18th...still feel like its Pitt, Dun?
I think he has already told their staff...but we can keep hoping until then.
PicklePacker
His twitter shows he recently started following Pitt Compliance.
Dunlow66
all that is getting deleted.
wufpack7
Gotta keep up the "suspense" before the announcement.
WolvesWinNow
I know nothing about it but if DJ were to leave/transfer is that an open scholarship that Keatts would look to fill with high school player for next year, go grad transfer route or possibly hold for following year?
WolfpackSI
WolvesWinNow said:

I know nothing about it but if DJ were to leave/transfer is that an open scholarship that Keatts would look to fill with high school player for next year, go grad transfer route or possibly hold for following year?
DJ thing isn't a major violation. He will remain on the team. This is more of a teaching moment for him.

I respect a coach that isn't afraid to suspend a major player. Sets a good tone for the rest of the team when you hold everyone to the same standard. DJ and MJ need to be our leaders on and off the court.
WolvesWinNow
Thanks that's good to hear. Was curious about the what/if scenario but glad it won't come to that.
Struttingwolf96
See where another 5 star kid PG Caleb Love committed to the tar holes tonight joining two 5 star big men. For duke & unc that's 6 of there 7 commits being 5 star, top 25 kids. Plus, the only 4 star kid that's committed to duke is Henry Coleman, who was a big target for Keatts & State. We do have 4 star Cam Hayes & Nick Farrar, one of my personal favorites. Keatts has a way to go hope he can bring in 2 more good recruits to finish up the class.
stratmaster48
Struttingwolf96 said:

See where another 5 star kid PG Caleb Love committed to the tar holes tonight joining two 5 star big men. For duke & unc that's 6 of there 7 commits being 5 star, top 25 kids. Plus, the only 4 star kid that's committed to duke is Henry Coleman, who was a big target for Keatts & State. We do have 4 star Cam Hayes & Nick Farrar, one of my personal favorites. Keatts has a way to go hope he can bring in 2 more good recruits to finish up the class.
Bro....

Duke - 5 National Championships (all 5 coming after our 2)
Carolina - 6 National Championships (4 coming after our 2)

As much as we would all love NC State to be competing on their level, it's just not happening right now. Why would it? Get a grip on your expectations.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96
I've had to have a grip on my expectations, which aren't very high for over 30 years now, how much longer you want me to wait & be patient?
Struttingwolf96
Man, if Hugley commits to Pitt as most expect & if Keatts is really going all out now for this kid now to fill the low post position in this class. If State loses out to them other teams, including Pitt again, then our b-ball program has really got a long way to go, unless if it's about location. State should be able to get a commit from this young man, imo don't you think.
Bulldogwolf27
Struttingwolf96 said:

Man, if Hugley commits to Pitt as most expect & if Keatts is really going all out now for this kid now to fill the low post position in this class. If State loses out to them other teams, including Pitt again, then our b-ball program has really got a long way to go, unless if it's about location. State should be able to get a commit from this young man, imo don't you think.

You forget how vital Capel was to Duke's recruiting success. They weren't a recruiting juggernaut like they are now. It's just different after capel for them.

So I'm not surprised he got a kid to come 3 hrs from home to come play at Pitt. There are far worse ppl to lose a recruit to.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

He likes usf
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Do you read the board or just post rants everytime UNC/Duke get a commit or we miss on a kid

Hugley was considered a Silent Verbal to Pitt before we even started recruiting him. Been on their campus multiple times before we even offered.

State gave him something to think about, his HS coach liked State but the young man has more connections to Pitt. Plain and simple

This has been coming for a few weeks now and regularly updated on this thread.
Struttingwolf96
You mean like Denver, San Diego St., & S.Florida? That's the main teams I was referring to. Think if Pitt gets Hugley all there scholarships will be given out.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

You mean like Denver, San Diego St., & S.Florida? That's the main teams I was referring to. Think if Pitt gets Hugley all there scholarships will be given out.
Damn. You might need to take it easy for a while. Every recruit is not make or break, not some sort of example or anything else.

Its recruiting, unless you are one of about 5 or 6 schools.....you miss a lot more than you ever sign.

Maybe there is a reason this kid is looking at those schools. Maybe that is the level he sees as the best fit for him. Maybe he really isnt all that good but a potential long term prospect.

Not worth worrying about, either way.
Struttingwolf96
I was referring to Dowuona choosing Pitt, not Hugley. Have been reading on here for a while that Hugley was almost a sure thing to commit to Pitt.
nryanh94
Have you ever thought that maybe the staff isn't recruiting Dowuona that hard? He has an offer and took an ov so they'd surely take a commit. But that doesn't mean they're prioritizing him.
oceanclub
Nobody loves State basketball more than me; however, we do have a big hill (much self inflicted) to climb back to national prominence. I believe KK has a vision and is as complete a coach as we have had since Coach V. I think getting length and athleticism will help us as well as good shooters. In addition, getting a few "snubs with attitudes" will always benefit us against the baby blues!
Packfan8
Hugley will still visit k state before deciding. There's hope that we don't have to play against him lol
First Page Last Page
Page 233 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.