Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,675 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Glasswolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ge_traveler said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

State hasn't been relevant for years in any sport. Sorry, but it's the truth & State fans have to realize the culture has to change first & fans being happy with not winning ANY Championships of any kind & just settling for beating unc or duke every other year or making a sweet 16 appearance every 10 years, then winning a championship once every 20-30 years. That's got to change & we have to expect more.

I'm assuming you are talking basketball and football only. There are other sports in which we do very well, even on the national level. True, they are not high revenue sports but to say we havent been relevant in any sport is totally wrong.

I bet the pack swimmers in the Olympics just adore your narrow minded appreciation.
I'm a fan of the tiddly winks team. My WPC donations don't just support MBB and FB scholarships. They support every single student athlete.
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

Glasswolf
Maybe you can post this again just in case someone hasn't seen the other 300 times you've posted it.

Glasswolf
AtlWolf said:

ge_traveler said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

State hasn't been relevant for years in any sport. Sorry, but it's the truth & State fans have to realize the culture has to change first & fans being happy with not winning ANY Championships of any kind & just settling for beating unc or duke every other year or making a sweet 16 appearance every 10 years, then winning a championship once every 20-30 years. That's got to change & we have to expect more.

I'm assuming you are talking basketball and football only. There are other sports in which we do very well, even on the national level. True, they are not high revenue sports but to say we havent been relevant in any sport is totally wrong.

I bet the pack swimmers in the Olympics just adore your narrow minded appreciation.
What are the tv ratings when our swimming team takes to the pool? The only time anyone cares at all about swimming is at the Olympics...
Ever been to a swimming meet? A wrestling meet? For the most part they are packed so plenty of people care.

Glasswolf
Dunlow66 said:

Come on guys. Stay on topic
I will second this. Stay on topic. RECRUITING!!! NOT championships won or lost or how many times you can post about how long it's been.

Struttingwolf96
I believe not only coaching, but recruiting helps lead to winning a Championship, right? Just saying if State keeps missing on quality recruits, in both sports, it's gonna take longer to win anything of significance. Just saying, the 2/3 are linked to each other.
twentytoe
Struttingwolf96 said:

I believe not only coaching, but recruiting helps lead to winning a Championship, right? Just saying if State keeps missing on quality recruits, in both sports, it's gonna take longer to win anything of significance. Just saying, the 2/3 are linked to each other.

This guy just will not stop.....foot on the gas 24/7! Please please stop.
Da Pack since 75.
Acb0110
Struttingwolf96 said:

Dude, we've filled 2 of 4 schollies with two pretty good prospects. We still have a year to fill two more spots. We have lots of interest. Why are you so sad? Your life must suck hard. I wish you the best and am praying your pain goes away.
Struttingwolf96
I'm not miserable, have a great life now that it doesn't revolve around State sports outcomes because if I did it would be a pathetic life, believe me. Would just like to enjoy a season in something where State pulls out a special season & State fans could enjoy it like many others have gotten to experience. 1983 is a LONG way off. Come on Pack.
HungryWolf92
Noticed on IG that Hugley pretty much follows most of our team...didn't see any Pitt players/coaches unless I overlooked them.
nryanh94
HungryWolf92 said:

Noticed on IG that Hugley pretty much follows most of our team...didn't see any Pitt players/coaches unless I overlooked them.

Think he just follows everyone he meets. Hell I followed him on twitter and he followed me back.
HungryWolf92
nryanh94 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Think he just follows everyone he meets. Hell I followed him on twitter and he followed me back.

What about IG? Lol just wondering if there's a difference.
duran_duran
Struttingwolf96 said:

I'm not miserable, have a great life now that it doesn't revolve around State sports outcomes because if I did it would be a pathetic life, believe me. Would just like to enjoy a season in something where State pulls out a special season & State fans could enjoy it like many others have gotten to experience. 1983 is a LONG way off. Come on Pack.
And I think we would just like to enjoy this recruiting board without your constant whining no matter how well we recruit. You post like we have the worst recruiting of any school in the country.

The staff landed a Top 50 player literally one week ago, stop complaining for once and just join in the discussion like the rest of us do.
OldTuffy
I think it's about time we cut our losses with this dude.
ClePack
OldTuffy said:

you talking hugley or struttingwolf lol
Law of the Wolf
ClePack said:

OldTuffy said:

you talking hugley or struttingwolf lol
Hope he means Strutt. I think we get Hugley.
nryanh94
Langford has commited to BC
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Shocker........
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Shocker........

Any idea who else we could look at now for that SG spot now that Thomas and Langford are headed elsewhere?

Maybe Tristan Maxwell?
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Hall also considers himself a wing...but i wouldnt be surprised to see Maxwell become a top target. I am not a big fan of his playing style

Shocker........

Any idea who else we could look at now for that SG spot now that Thomas and Langford are headed elsewhere?

Maybe Tristan Maxwell?
PackAlpha91
Id rather take the JUCO or grad transfer route for a SG than Maxwell.
Wolfblood
Don't forget Thomas Allen. Also, we will have Braxton and Devon returning who could play the SG.

Waiting on Hugley now. I guess he is at Pitt this weekend. I hope UCF stomps Pitt today. Don't need some crazy upset.

Anyone have an update on Ambrose? Any rumors about an official visit? Any good vibes from sources. I finally checked out some video this week. He looks like a late bloomer with a high ceiling. Talk about length. This guy has plenty of it and has some skill. Nice shot. I love his motor. He never stops. I think he would be a great addition. Looks to be a legit 6-7 or 6-8 now with another growth spurt possible.

I wouldn't have said this before, but I think I would take Ambrose now instead of waiting out Hall if Ambrose is deciding early.

Get well Dunlow,. We need you back full speed.

nryanh94
Wolfblood said:

Don't forget Thomas Allen. Also, we will have Braxton and Devon returning who could play the SG.

Waiting on Hugley now. I guess he is at Pitt this weekend. I hope UCF stomps Pitt today. Don't need some crazy upset.

Anyone have an update on Ambrose? Any rumors about an official visit? Any good vibes from sources. I finally checked out some video this week. He looks like a late bloomer with a high ceiling. Talk about length. This guy has plenty of it and has some skill. Nice shot. I love his motor. He never stops. I think he would be a great addition. Looks to be a legit 6-7 or 6-8 now with another growth spurt possible.

I wouldn't have said this before, but I think I would take Ambrose now instead of waiting out Hall if Ambrose is deciding early.

Get well Dunlow,. We need you back full speed.

Ambrose announces his top 5 in 2 minutes; Hugley is at Pitt next weekend
nryanh94

Ambrose's final 5:

Arkansas, USC (SoCal), Bama, Dayton, and State!
Dunlow66
Im a little surprised we made Ambrose s final five.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

I am as well; assumed Bama, Arkansas and Dayton were locks
Dunlow66
Ambrose ov next week
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Ambrose ov next week

Wow great to see these late offers lead to "instant" visits with both Langford and Ambrose
Packfan8
Piece from phenom hoop report
NC State: "Great team, great transition. Head coach Kevin Keatts has stated I will make a huge impact in my freshman year. The Wolfpack seems insane, they definitely go hard for their team."
Official visit: September 27-29
With a decision in early November
Packfan8
I guarantee that Ambrose will wear red next season
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Just a guess... But right now i would go bama
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Gotta win one of these sooner or later

Just a guess... But right now i would go bama
Packfan8

Packfan8
Hate to see Pitt having a great game with hugley in attendance. There unofficially today btw
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Hate to see Pitt having a great game with hugley in attendance. There unofficially today btw

Think that ship has sailed for some reason.

Think our list of guys left consists of:

Ambrose
Hall
Dowuona
Tristan Maxwell
Cliff (not sure we can get any traction here)

And the maybe JaDun Michael if he reclassed

I'd expect the staff to focus in on Hall, Maxwell and Ambrose and maybe start reaching out to new options
Packfan8
2022 Kheni Briggs is on campus today. Received his first offer from Elon a few weeks ago
First Page Last Page
Page 227 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.