Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,655 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Love his game. Pro potential
Packfan8

Back to the old jerseys
Packfan8
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

And Late night with Roy
Packfan8
Dunlow66
I think pitt is back in the lead for Hugley. Id project him to Pitt unless something changes
nryanh94

Show Ambrose some love!
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

I think pitt is back in the lead for Hugley. Id project him to Pitt unless something changes
Anymore center targets for this class? Or are we thinking grad transfers?
nryanh94
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Ebenezer Dowuona (we've offered and he OVed last weekend)

https://247sports.com/Player/Ebenezer-Dowuona-46055229/

Cliff Omoruyi: (we offered and are circling back around; not sure we can get much traction here. UK is the leader and Rutgers has been on him a long time but this kid would be an absolute monster for us)

https://247sports.com/Player/Cliff-Omoruyi-46043044/

Javarzia Belton (dunlow's preferred candidate, teammates with Josh Hall; doesn't have an offer yet, but would be a great option to come in and red shirt; kid is a monster in the weight room)

https://247sports.com/player/javarzia-belton-46048801/

Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Ebenezer Dowuona (we've offered and he OVed last weekend)

https://247sports.com/Player/Ebenezer-Dowuona-46055229/

Cliff Omoruyi: (we offered and are circling back around; not sure we can get much traction here. UK is the leader and Rutgers has been on him a long time but this kid would be an absolute monster for us)

https://247sports.com/Player/Cliff-Omoruyi-46043044/

Javarzia Belton (dunlow's preferred candidate, teammates with Josh Hall; doesn't have an offer yet, but would be a great option to come in and red shirt; kid is a monster in the weight room)

https://247sports.com/player/javarzia-belton-46048801/

I'd be glad with any of those. Dowuona and belton play similar but belton is a full grown man and Dowuona seems a little more athletic
Dunlow66
Staff has been keeping a close eye on Belton at Moravian. Might see him visit soon if we miss on others
Dunlow66
Omuruyi has become a hot National level recuit with Memphis also recently jumping in. May be more of a longshot but definitely the most talented of the three
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Staff has been keeping a close eye on Belton at Moravian. Might see him visit soon if we miss on others

Do you think if we landed a center and Ambrose that the staff would continue to recruit Hall?
Dunlow66
Dowuona is interesting....wouldnt be surprised at all to see us turn up the heat on him if we miss on Hugley. Long term potential who may not need a redshirt year to contribute. Could be a midmajor star if he goes thst route
Struttingwolf96
Cant Ambrose-Hylton play SF? Would be good to add him & either Diagonal or Belton to go along with Allen,Farrar, & Hayes.
Struttingwolf96
*Dowuona
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Cant Ambrose-Hylton play SF? Would be good to add him & either Diagonal or Belton to go along with Allen,Farrar, & Hayes.

I've read elsewhere that Ambrose wants to be a SF in college. He has the shot and athleticism for it; not sure he has the ball skills.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Do you think if we landed a center and Ambrose that the staff would continue to recruit Hall?

I would. Hall may only play one year in college. Still not sure what our odds are on Ambrose yet either
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I've read elsewhere that Ambrose wants to be a SF in college. He has the shot and athleticism for it; not sure he has the ball skills.

Looks like a stretch 4 in our system to me
Struttingwolf96
The reason I asked that was if we can bring him in at SF, then State could have Farrar at PF, Hayes at PG, Allen at SG, & either Dowuona or Belton at C. That would be a solid 5 man class at each ppsition.
Packfan8

"Last season, Maxwell averaged 22 PPG for NCHSAA 4A power North Mecklenburg High School, not to mention he averaged 18 PPG with Team Charlotte in the Under Armor circuit. In the Under Armor circuit, Maxwell shot 39% from the 3-point line, 74% from the free throw line and was the fourth leading scorer. This summer, Maxwell was invited to the prestigious NBPA Top 100 camp and averaged 15.7 PPG."
There's no doubt he can score but he is undersized as a 2 guard for college basketball. Is he a good defender?
nryanh94
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

He would make a great center rotation with Manny Bates. Very similar players
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

"Last season, Maxwell averaged 22 PPG for NCHSAA 4A power North Mecklenburg High School, not to mention he averaged 18 PPG with Team Charlotte in the Under Armor circuit. In the Under Armor circuit, Maxwell shot 39% from the 3-point line, 74% from the free throw line and was the fourth leading scorer. This summer, Maxwell was invited to the prestigious NBPA Top 100 camp and averaged 15.7 PPG."
There's no doubt he can score but he is undersized as a 2 guard for college basketball. Is he a good defender?

Maxwell never met a shot he didn't like. Kind of a selfish playet IMO.. but he can score and score a lot. Will it lead to wins is my question
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Maxwell never met a shot he didn't like. Kind of a selfish playet IMO.. but he can score and score a lot. Will it lead to wins is my question

How is that any different than Cam Thomas though?
Dunlow66
Always felt like Thomas got his more'in the flow' of the team offense. JMO.
Dunlow66
Sorry ive been a little out of the loop this week. Still in the hospital. Thank you to all the posters who have been helping keep the forum updated. You guys have done a great job
PicklePacker
I hope the Maxwell situation doesn't pan out to be like the Damien Wilkins story. Does anyone know if Maxwell's dad is fairly chill or is he baggage?
TheStorm
PicklePacker said:

I hope the Maxwell situation doesn't pan out to be like the Herb Sendek story. Does anyone know if Maxwell's dad is fairly chill or is he baggage?
FTFY. What a waste of ten (10) years of my life.
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

Sorry ive been a little out of the loop this week. Still in the hospital. Thank you to all the posters who have been helping keep the forum updated. You guys have done a great job
We appreciate your longtime dedication to this thread dun and hope that the temporary setback brings you back stronger than ever... well deserved shoutouts to nryanh94 and Packfan8 (and sorry to the others that I'm drawing a blank on as I type this) for their activity and input onto this thread as well...
Tootie4Pack
TheStorm said:

Dunlow66 said:

We appreciate your longtime dedication to this thread dun and hope that the temporary setback brings you back stronger than ever... well deserved shoutouts to nryanh94 and Packfan8 (and sorry to the others that I'm drawing a blank on as I type this) for their activity and input onto this thread as well...

Well said, Storm. Hoping you get better soon Dun.
Packfan8
Packfan8
"Following Pitt, Hugley says that he still has trips planned to Kansas State, Missouri and Miami."
From Pittsburgh sports now
Packfan8
TheStorm
Why is one brother Ashton-Langford and the other is just Langford? (in regards to the BC commitment) Aren't they like one year apart in age?
First Page Last Page
Page 228 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.