Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,503 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
stratmaster48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

What's up with all of the Providence love? How have they become an issue?
nryanh94
If I had to guess the 5 for Ambrose I'd guess it's out of this group: SoCal, Arkansas, Florida, Alabama, Dayton, Illinois, State
PicklePacker
At this point in time Providence is just as relevant in college basketball as NC State. Am I wrong? We need to spend the majority of this coming season in the top 25, make the NCAAT and at least win a game in order to get this train back on the track. We are the team that the media roasted for having the worst schedule in America last year and then didn't make the NCAA's. We also set the record for scoring just 24 points in a game. We need to make some new memories for NC State and kill the misery of last year.
duran_duran
PicklePacker said:

At this point in time Providence is just as relevant in college basketball as NC State. Am I wrong? We need to spend the majority of this coming season in the top 25, make the NCAAT and at least win a game in order to get this train back on the track. We are the team that the media roasted for having the worst schedule in America last year and then didn't make the NCAA's. We also set the record for scoring just 24 points in a game. We need to make some new memories for NC State and kill the misery of last year.
I absolutely would not put Providence on the level of an ACC team, regardless of how we are perceived in the media
PackFansXL
PicklePacker said:

I suppose if one believes teams playing a Top 40 schedule difficulty in the best conference in America makes us marginally relevant, then I guess you're not wrong. You are wrong about the media roasting. They called us out for playing the worst NON-Conference schedule in the nation. [sarcasm]It's similar to how they always beat up the SEC football teams for their pathetic non-conference schedules. [/sarcasm]
Struttingwolf96
State hasn't been relevant for years in any sport. Sorry, but it's the truth & State fans have to realize the culture has to change first & fans being happy with not winning ANY Championships of any kind & just settling for beating unc or duke every other year or making a sweet 16 appearance every 10 years, then winning a championship once every 20-30 years. That's got to change & we have to expect more.
Acb0110
Struttingwolf96 said:

State hasn't been relevant for years in any sport. Sorry, but it's the truth & State fans have to realize the culture has to change first & fans being happy with not winning ANY Championships of any kind & just settling for beating unc or duke every other year or making a sweet 16 appearance every 10 years, then winning a championship once every 20-30 years. That's got to change & we have to expect more.

When was the last time providence won a championship?
Packfan8

Not recruiting related but it looks like other notices will he sent out soon. Hopefully all of this can end soon
Acb0110
Struttingwolf96 said:

In 2014 they won the Big East championship. Check & see when was the last time State won an ACC Regular or tournament Championship, bet it's longer than 5 years.

Wow, defensive much? I was just asking a question that I didn't know the answer to. IMO 10 big east ships are = to 1 ACC ship. Just sayin.
PicklePacker
A championship of any sort in basketball would be great but I think Keatts just needs to make us a regular in the top 25 and recruiting will pick up. Start winning a lot and players will take notice. I personally think he can be an awesome recruiter if he can get this NCAA thing behind him and have a couple of really successful seasons. Being a black head coach in the ACC should have it's advantages on the recruiting trail. Leonard Hamilton sure has landed a ton of top recruits over the years.
Struttingwolf96
1989, just to let you know. 30 years ago, football is even longer, seems a little ridiculous to me.
ge_traveler
Struttingwolf96 said:

I'm assuming you are talking basketball and football only. There are other sports in which we do very well, even on the national level. True, they are not high revenue sports but to say we havent been relevant in any sport is totally wrong.

I bet the pack swimmers in the Olympics just adore your narrow minded appreciation.
Struttingwolf96
I know they have won & been dominant in swimming, track, wrestling, & fishing, but that's like a Duke fan telling a State fan how many championships they have won in lacrosse. State fans wouldn't care, unless they play them, have family that play, or are die hard fans. Honestly, I don't really care or follow them sports & not most casual fans either. The big sports in college are football, basketball, maybe women's basketball, & then either women's softball or men's baseball. When State wins a Championship in one of them that will be big for the fans & the university.
WolfpackSI
Struttingwolf96 said:

I know they have won & been dominant in swimming, track, wrestling, & fishing, but that's like a Duke fan telling a State fan how many championships they have won in lacrosse. State fans wouldn't care, unless they play them, have family that play, or are die hard fans. Honestly, I don't really care or follow them sports & not most casual fans either. The big sports in college are football, basketball, maybe women's basketball, & then either women's softball or men's baseball. When State wins a Championship in one of them that will be big for the fans & the university.

Oh sorry, someone let the athletics department know that its a problem that we haven't won any championships in sports that Strutt cares about
AtlWolf
ge_traveler said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I'm assuming you are talking basketball and football only. There are other sports in which we do very well, even on the national level. True, they are not high revenue sports but to say we havent been relevant in any sport is totally wrong.

I bet the pack swimmers in the Olympics just adore your narrow minded appreciation.
What are the tv ratings when our swimming team takes to the pool? The only time anyone cares at all about swimming is at the Olympics...
Struttingwolf96
Yes.
williewolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

1989, just to let you know. 30 years ago, football is even longer, seems a little ridiculous to me.
i think it is actually worse........wasn't it 1987 ?
Struttingwolf96
Might be, my mistake. Thanks for letting me know. I thought State won the regular season one year & the tourney another.
Acb0110
Give Keats time. He will win. Now DD I don't know about.
WolfpackSI
Acb0110 said:

Give Keats time. He will win. Now DD I don't know about.

I still believe in DD. We may never win an acc championship because we are stuck in the same division as Clemson and FSU. They are gonna trade being powerhouses for the foreseeable future. I still think DD is building our program the right way and i would like to see these next two recruiting classes through before making a change
HungryWolf92
No recruiting news eh? Carry on
Dunlow66
Lawd have mercy... What is happening to the recruiting forum. I aint dead yet
Struttingwolf96
NO. MORE. POST. LIKE. THIS. IN A RECRUITING THREAD
Packfan8

Wow. Must be some serious evidence against Kansas. Possible transfer who will likely get immediately eligible next season
RDUwolfpack
Packfan8 said:

Wow. Must be some serious evidence against Kansas. Possible transfer who will likely get immediately eligible next season

Needs to charge his phone
RDUwolfpack
Packfan8 said:

A blue blood like Kansas getting hit is nothing but good for us. If they get hit and other blue bloods we're doing it there's no way they go down alone.
Dunlow66
Come on guys. Stay on topic
WolfpackSI
Damn wish we had some open schollies. The Isaac kid is nice

Edit: according to KU people this decision was made before because McBride skipped practice. This might have been a "mutual decision"
Tootie4Pack
Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow, you miss a few hours and this page goes to hell in a hand basket. We miss your sense of order and decorum. Hope you are getting better.
Dunlow66
stratmaster48 said:

nryanh94 said:

What's up with all of the Providence love? How have they become an issue?

They have former wake asst Jeff battle and former Boo Williams coach Ivan Young on staff. Great NC and VA connections
Dunlow66
Tootie4Pack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dunlow, you miss a few hours and this page goes to hell in a hand basket. We miss your sense of order and decorum. Hope you are getting better.

Posting from my hospital bed. Dont have the energy to moderate . Hope we can stay on topic. Kansas stuff is fine but things have gotten a bit off track
Acb0110
Dunlow66 said:

Tootie4Pack said:

Dunlow66 said:

Posting from my hospital bed. Dont have the energy to moderate . Hope we can stay on topic. Kansas stuff is fine but things have gotten a bit off track

Dunn, prayers are with you brother!!

Side note, I'm excited to see the Langford decision and what Ambrose does. Actually really like the Ambrose kids game. Seems like the type to put up 15 and 7 and no one notices. I love those guys.
nryanh94
BC guys feel REALLY confident on Langford
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

BC guys feel REALLY confident on Langford

I know some feel we have a shot... I am not one of them. Love to have him but not feeling this one. Great job by the staff to make the final two. Just a lot to overcome
Acb0110
This staff has done a great job with making sure there are options. If we land one more and a grad transfer, this class would be great. Especially with Allen on the docket as well. I love what KK is doing!!
First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.