Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,511 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
1985 NCSU Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sometimes kids want to play for a parents and/or siblings school as a legacy recruit. Sometimes they don't because they want to blaze their own trail. Sometimes a coach can help but sometimes it is fine because you have a great relationship with other coaches and have a different bond personally than your parent or sibling (especially if you did not play for that coach) did. Now he will probably go to BC and if he does then those items made a big difference in his choice but so far he has been open minded to see how HE personally feels about the situation..and where HE wants to go to school and to play for THE COACH that HE feels most comfortable with and maybe to a school that he fits in better at with the academics that he wants, etc.... Good luck to him with his selection.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Interesting....
UK is in on him, wonder if we don't feel confident about Hugley
I think we may be a bit too late on this kid. Intesting that Pitt is also in this recruitment.

Kentucky and Memphis recruiting him, just visited Auburn
Packfan8
Hugley was wearing an N.C. state shirt again today. Per his friend @certified.barnes Instagram story who has recently gone private
HungryWolf92
Mannn you stay on instagram haha
Packfan8
Gotta stay informed lol
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Hugley was wearing an N.C. state shirt again today. Per his friend @certified.barnes Instagram story who has recently gone private
I think we still lead for Hugley
Packfan8
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I think we still lead for Hugley

Getting through the PItt visit worries me.
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/MoravianPrep][/url]Jake
@jakeweingarten

1h
Breaking: Five-star guard DJ Steward has committed to Duke, he told
@Stockrisers
. Very big pickup for Coach K. Major rise from Steward, this time last year held low amount of offers, now lands at Duke.
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

I love it. Keep the instagram updates coming
SexualChocolate
What are the chances that Carter Whitt reclasses? Again, I think we need a true shooter in this class. Also Cliff Omoruyi is a guy I would love. He is a beast.
pack1502
Thomas Allen is a good shooter who will be coming in with these guys, I don't think we NEED one in this class
Ripper
We always need good shooters and plenty of them.
WolfpackSI
Ripper said:

We always need good shooters and plenty of them.

Agreed. I think we are headed in the right direction with Hayes + Thomas. Hates seems like a solid shooter. Farrar has a promising jumpshot as well.
curmudgeon.zen
IMO, we don't need to take ANY perimeter players that aren't, at a minimum, good shooters. Great shooters are preferable.
Log off. Go outside.
PackAlpha91
Great shooters don't grow on trees.
WolfpackSI
PackAlpha91 said:

Great shooters don't grow on trees.

Well Brax is a great shooter and everyone is usually screaming for him to be on the bench
jwpack
Brax is what I would call a streaky shooter, he had some good shooting games & some bad shooting games.
jwpack
Brax shot 34.7% from the 3 point line last year. Great shooters are 45% are better and 85% are better from the free throw line. Brax was 72.2% on free throws last year.
Bulldogwolf27
jwpack said:

Brax shot 34.7% from the 3 point line last year. Great shooters are 45% are better and 85% are better from the free throw line. Brax was 72.2% on free throws last year.

Who also played with a hurt off hand all year. If you can load up your shot and feel comfortable, it breaks down you natural hand mechanics.
jwpack
When he shoots above 45% I will call him a great shooter until then I don't think he is. He has never shot above 40% in college.
wolfpackfan00
45% from 3?!?! That's a little excessive. Braxton's 35% from 3 last season is pretty good. So you don't consider Steph Curry is a great shooter? He's shot a career average 44% from 3. And he's considered the best shooter of all time.
PicklePacker
great shooters are not hard to find. Every years we see these mid major teams make noise and have great shooters. What's hard to find is a great shooter that's also athletic enough to play D1 ball.
metcalfmafia
I just want a three point shooter who can stroke an easy 80%.

Give me someone who makes every single three and might miss a few here and there.
jwpack
Usually you can tell a great shooter by there free throw % and yes curry is one of the best shooters of all time. For his nba career he has shot 90.2% on free throws & 43.7% on threes. The 3 point line is shorter in college than the nba so that will make a difference in percentages as well.
Struttingwolf96
Scott Wood & Rodney Monroe were great shooters. I might even dare to say TJ Warren was as well. Braxton Beverly, like someone else stated is a streaky shooter.
PicklePacker
I'm not as picky as some of you. I'd take a Mav Rowan or an Archie Miller right now.
nryanh94
Damn, I thought something happened with all the new messages. But y'all are just talking about shooters.
HungryWolf92
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1985 NCSU Grad
jwpack said:

Shooting about 40% from 3 pt land is great - only 49 players did it last year in D1.
1985 NCSU Grad
Steph shot 41.2% in his college career and 38.9 his last year.
nryanh94

Arkansas and Mizzou frying really hard here, it seems.
1985 NCSU Grad
BB shot 81.6 FT% and 38.5% from 3 pt his freshman year..
WolfpackSI
Aside from the numbers, Brax has one of the smoothest shots i have seen. Reminds me a lot of Steph's shot. He just cant get it off like Steph can.
TheEagle
I heard a well known coach years ago in an interview. He was asked if he had any shooters, and he responded that he was loaded with shooters. Unfortunately, he said he didn't have many MAKERS!
First Page Last Page
Page 224 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.