Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,161 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

"He wants to be a one-and-done, if college at all," Hall said. "The reclass puts him in a unique situation. He will be 19 in October and one year removed from high school this time next year."
As it stands now, the NBA states a player must be at least 19 years old or one year removed from high school in order to be draft eligible.

Despite the possibility of foregoing college, wherever and however Hall can get better will play a large role in factoring into his decision."

Hopefully Keatts has learned his lesson and will be recruiting other players in case of the possibility of this happening again

Bringing this back up. He'll likely wait until spring for a decision on college but its not completely off the table that he goes pro. Although he doesn't seem like a pro prospect yet
Packfan8
Cam Hayes has moved down to 27th in 2021 according to rivals
nryanh94
Rivals has updated their class of 2021 rankings, players of note:

Commits:
Terquavion Smith: Ranked 147

Prospects:

Quincy Allen: 23 (Visited last weekend)
Cam Hayes: 27 (Likley to Reclass; OVing this weekend)
Efton Reid: 36 (Visiting this weekend)
Carter Whitt: 54
Roosevelt Wheeler: 58
Dontrez Styles: 82
Jadun Michael: 144
Packfan8
Good to see smith in there. If he can hit a growth spurt of 3 inches I think his rankings will sky rocket
Struttingwolf96
How did Quincy Allen & Carter Whitt enjoying Raleigh last weekend? I have heard Keatts really likes both of them for 2021. Heard Allen particularly likes Keatts as well.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

How did Quincy Allen & Carter Whitt enjoying Raleigh last weekend? I have heard Keatts really likes both of them for 2021. Heard Allen particularly likes Keatts as well.

Yeah I said Allen likes Keatts, I have a few buddies that are donors at Maret.

As for Whitt I don't think he made it last week; also haven't been able to confirm that Allen actually made it down
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Yeah I said Allen likes Keatts, I have a few buddies that are donors at Maret.

As for Whitt I don't think he made it last week; also haven't been able to confirm that Allen actually made it down

Allen was there I saw it on his Instagram story last weekend
nryanh94
Someone asked Hall on Instagram was he rescheduling to State and he said yeah! Also was asked when was he committing to Louisville, and he said we will see but he wouldn't be committing until the spring.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Someone asked Hall on Instagram was he rescheduling to State and he said yeah! Also was asked when was he committing to Louisville, and he said we will see but he wouldn't be committing until the spring.

These Instagram stories are becoming a powerful tool to ask these recruits info
Dunlow66
Jake
@jakeweingarten

9h
Georgia, Oklahoma State, Kansas, UCLA, and Kentucky, make up the finalists for Top-50 senior JT Thor. He visited Oklahoma State today, has visited KU, expect more visits to come.
nryanh94
Corey Evans article on Hayes says that he thinks Hayes will take all 4 scheduled OVs and may take a 5th to UNC
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Corey Evans article on Hayes says that he thinks Hayes will take all 4 scheduled OVs and may take a 5th to UNC

Doubt unc is still in contact but I could be wrong
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

I didn't think so either; but this is a direct quote from Evans:

"By the time October arrives, Hayes will have taken four of his five allotted official visits. He is expected to take one more before the fall completes as North Carolina is one program that has continued to remain in close contact with him"
Struttingwolf96
State & Keatts better turn up the pressure for Moore to commit. Said all along that Moore should be State's 1st option at PG, but seems like Keatts is infactuated by Hayes & I can't figure that one out, the same way I can't figure out why he plays Beverly when he is 1 for 12 shooting 3's & there are other guys on the bench who deserve a chance.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

State & Keatts better turn up the pressure for Moore to commit. Said all along that Moore should be State's 1st option at PG, but seems like Keatts is infactuated by Hayes & I can't figure that one out, the same way I can't figure out why he plays Beverly when he is 1 for 12 shooting 3's & there are other guys on the bench who deserve a chance.

Hayes likley has the highest ceiling of the 3 pg options and will probably be a 4 year player.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

To me hayes looks like the guy that goes to unc and pisses me off for 3-4 years so that's why I want him
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

I didn't think so either; but this is a direct quote from Evans:

"By the time October arrives, Hayes will have taken four of his five allotted official visits. He is expected to take one more before the fall completes as North Carolina is one program that has continued to remain in close contact with him"
I think UNC is going to land 5star PG Caleb Love.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Efton reed will take an unofficial tomorrow. 6'11'' junior
also taking an unoffical to UNC
Dunlow66
looks like Jaden Springer may not even visit UNC

Moving on to other schools. MIchigan, Tennessee, Memphis and Florida were his other 'final five'

Tennessee might win this one.

New coach at Springer's IMG academy is one of Keatts old assts at Hargrave. Wish we could have made the cut. Kid has a lot of talent.
Struttingwolf96
State & Keatts put ALL the attention torward Cam Thomas, made him option 1 & 1A. Didn't really didn't pay much attention to Springer after he left NC to play ball in FL.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

State & Keatts put ALL the attention torward Cam Thomas, made him option 1 & 1A. Didn't really didn't pay much attention to Springer after he left NC to play ball in FL.
nah....not the issue here.

Most felt it was going to be Tennessee even when Springer was still 'in state'. Michigan made a late move and Memphis has Penny pulling tons of talent

UNC was thought to be one of the favorites and even they look to have been alsorans here.

We were never really in this one no matter how much attention we did or didnt show Springer.
pack1502
Struttingwolf96 said:

It's saturday. Have a beer.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Moving on to other schools. MIchigan, Tennessee, Memphis and Florida were his other 'final five'

New coach at Springer's IMG academy is one of Keatts old assts at Hargrave. Wish we could have made the cut. Kid has a lot of talent.

WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Obviously he doesn't have the grades to qualify for UNC....
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Obviously he doesn't have the grades to qualify for UNC....

I know it's a joke, but I Hope UNC doesn't even think of trying that with Michigan on the list
Dunlow66
Smart money is on Tennessee but interesting to see Penny and Juwan Howard still in this one.
Packfan8
If Memphis gets in on hall I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there. A few months back in an interview he said his favorite basketball player ever is penny fwiw. But they aren't recruiting him so it doesn't really matter
ClePack
Struttingwolf96 said:

Where have we heard this one before? Ugh.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Hayes likley has the highest ceiling of the 3 pg options and will probably be a 4 year player.
also, IMO, the lowest floor.

Boom or bust kinda guy
HungryWolf92
Any chance of a Cam Hayes commitment today??
pack1502
HungryWolf92 said:

Or just any update of the visit? He didn't give us a play by play of the weekend on his Instagram story like others have lol
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

I dont think so but Coach Keatts has really put in a lot of time and energy on Hayes.
Dunlow66
Wouldnt be surpising to see Henry Coleman commit to Duke sometime soon after wrapping up his Va Tech visit.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

I dont think so but Coach Keatts has really put in a lot of time and energy on Hayes.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the visit went "good" or great" and we're toward "the top of his list" but he "still wants to take other visits"
Packfan8
Seems about right and then another school blows him away and we miss lol
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.