Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,586 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfnate77 said:

Did Henry Coleman commit to Duke?
No, he is set to visit VIrginia Tech. His dad played football there.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Per Q Hall "State is very much in the hunt and is high priority". He did not give any details about why the visit got cancelled and I didn't ask.
Pay attention to what 'Dad' says

They have a lot of influence in this one and Pops says they are not ready to commit yet.

I think that Dad loves the idea of Josh staying local. If it were up to Josh, I think Louisville is his favorite right now but the family also has a lot of say. This one isnt over yet, IMO.
wufpack7
In the past, it seems like we haven't had much luck when the parents want a kid to come here but the recruit wants to go elsewhere. Hopefully Dad has enough pull to at least get him to visit officially and give us a fair shake.
PicklePacker
wufpack7 said:

In the past, it seems like we haven't had much luck when the parents want a kid to come here but the recruit wants to go elsewhere. Hopefully Dad has enough pull to at least get him to visit officially and give us a fair shake.
Dunlow is 100% correct. Pops is very hands on. I firmly believe Josh will do whatever his dad thinks is best. I just hope KK can win him over when they come to Raleigh.
WolfpackSI
We've had it all. We've had situations where the kids wanted to come here but the parents wanted to go somewhere else(Amile Jefferson, Wendell Moore). We've had situations where the parents wanted to come here but the kids wanted to go somewhere else(Keldon Johnson). The results have always been the same - the kid goes somewhere else.
Dunlow66
Newnan (GA) center
Ebenezer Dowuona
has been recruited by coach Pastner and staff for some time, and the interesting has been heating up. JacketsOnline caught up with Dowouna to get the latest on his recruitment.

"Overall, I have been getting a lot of interest from NC State, Georgia Tech, Georgia, San Diego State, Denver, South Florida, Clemson, Ole Miss, and probably a couple more that I can't think of right now."

The six-foot-ten center has plenty of great options to choose from and has narrowed down the schools that he would like to take his official visits to.
"I am going to NC State on September 14th, South Florida after that, and then I think I am going to go to Pittsburgh," Dowuona told JacketsOnline. "I will probably also do a couple more unofficials."
Dowuona has already taken two officials to Denver and San Diego State.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/2020-center-ebenezer-dowuona-talks-georgia-tech-sets-official-visits
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Newnan (GA) center
Ebenezer Dowuona
has been recruited by coach Pastner and staff for some time, and the interesting has been heating up. JacketsOnline caught up with Dowouna to get the latest on his recruitment.

"Overall, I have been getting a lot of interest from NC State, Georgia Tech, Georgia, San Diego State, Denver, South Florida, Clemson, Ole Miss, and probably a couple more that I can't think of right now."

The six-foot-ten center has plenty of great options to choose from and has narrowed down the schools that he would like to take his official visits to.
"I am going to NC State on September 14th, South Florida after that, and then I think I am going to go to Pittsburgh," Dowuona told JacketsOnline. "I will probably also do a couple more unofficials."
Dowuona has already taken two officials to Denver and San Diego State.

https://georgiatech.rivals.com/news/2020-center-ebenezer-dowuona-talks-georgia-tech-sets-official-visits

Maybe that will help push Hugley to commit
pack1502
WolfpackSI said:

We've had it all. We've had situations where the kids wanted to come here but the parents wanted to go somewhere else(Amile Jefferson, Wendell Moore). We've had situations where the parents wanted to come here but the kids wanted to go somewhere else(Keldon Johnson). The results have always been the same - the kid goes somewhere else.
I guarantee there have been kids in either of those situations that have ended up committed. We just don't remember their situation as much since they committed and we didn't dwell on it for years.
Packfan8
If smith commits to Louisville this weekend itmight push Hayes timeline up. Have no inside knowledge on this but just makes sense when one of your preferred options takes another guy, you might want to jump the gun and pull the trigger on your other top choice before someone else does (Moore)
Packfan8
Sam hunt is right by hayes side throughout his entire visit. Remember they are close
Packfan8
Engineer97
WolfpackSI said:

Is this really true about Moore and Jefferson?
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Sam hunt is right by hayes side throughout his entire visit. Remember they are close
That's big, if you ask me. Hunt was some sort of volunteer coach last season I believe. Still loves NC State, and could do a lot to sway Hayes.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

That's big, if you ask me. Hunt was some sort of volunteer coach last season I believe. Still loves NC State, and could do a lot to sway Hayes.

Was a grad assistant
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Not great for us, hope we pull through on this one.
nryanh94
He's raw as hell, but Evenezer has some potential if we miss on Hugley:

oceanclub
More than belton?
nryanh94
oceanclub said:

More than belton?

Belton is stronger, this kid seems to move a bit better/ have more spring. They're both great candidates to bring in and redshirt.

I like Ebenezer's offer list: Auburn, GT, Ole Miss, Mizzou, K State, Minnesota, Miss St, and Wake have all offered.
Packfan8
Efton reed will take an unofficial tomorrow. 6'11'' junior
Packfan8
We received 1 crystal ball late last night for both Hugley and hayes.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Efton reed will take an unofficial tomorrow. 6'11'' junior
From Richmond Va.

UVA has offered. This is the type of kid they seem to land every year and then get him to redshirt.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I've heard Hugley's high school coach would like to see him at NC State and he is one of Hugley's main advisors
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

He's raw as hell, but Evenezer has some potential if we miss on Hugley:

Also might be a 'plan b' option for Pitt. They are trying to get him on campus
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

I'll feel more confident when we receive 9 like Louisville has for Smith
WolfpackSI
The way we are recruiting, it looks like we are looking to land more than 4 players in this class.

- Farrar is committed
- PG: Looks like we could take both Shakeel Moore and Cam Hayes. Deivon Smith also in the mix.
- Wing: We are a serious player with Josh Hall; Still in the hunt with Cam Thomas though things aren't looking great; Langford is officially visiting
- Big: Will take either Hughley/Dowuona/Belton/Reed

Seems like we are either the leader or in the top 2 for Shakeel, Hayes, Hall, and Hughley. Makes me think that maybe the staff is gunning for having a 5-man class.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I'll feel more confident when we receive 9 like Louisville has for Smith
I think Demling has a good source inside the Louisville program and when he makes a pick for the Cards, it is usually based on that soucre.

Others follow. 7 CBs after Demling put his in.
RDUwolfpack
WolfpackSI said:

The way we are recruiting, it looks like we are looking to land more than 4 players in this class.

- Farrar is committed
- PG: Looks like we could take both Shakeel Moore and Cam Hayes. Deivon Smith also in the mix.
- Wing: We are a serious player with Josh Hall; Still in the hunt with Cam Thomas though things aren't looking great; Langford is officially visiting

Seems like we are either the leader or in the top 2 for Shakeel, Hayes, Hall, and Hughley. Makes me think that maybe the staff is gunning for having a 5-man class.
Remind me who the 5th SR is we're losing?

Kel
Pat
Dixon
CJ
5??
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

- Farrar is committed

Some think the staff may save that 'big' slot if Hughley doenst commit.

Maybe look for a postgrad or late spring stock riser(or decommit)
Dunlow66
RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

- Farrar is committed

Kel
Pat
Dixon
CJ
5??
Seems like we lose at least one player 'early' or to transfer every season.
RDUwolfpack
Dunlow66 said:

RDUwolfpack said:

WolfpackSI said:

- Farrar is committed

Kel
Pat
Dixon
CJ
5??
Seems like we lose at least one player 'early' or to transfer every season.
Oh that's right. Thanks!
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

- Farrar is committed

Just fyi, Reed is a junior. Don't know if he's eligible to reclass
Packfan8
Hall has yet to receive any predictions from his visit last weekend. Has to be a good sign, I'm sure he'll still stretch this out to the spring but it would be nice to get him on campus soon and lock him up early
RowanWolf
Any chance Hall is waiting until Spring to see what his draft stock might be? Hasn't he already made it known he intends to be a one and done? Wouldn't be a stretch to think he might go ahead and try to make that jump.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker
RowanWolf said:

Any chance Hall is waiting until Spring to see what his draft stock might be? Hasn't he already made it known he intends to be a one and done? Wouldn't be a stretch to think he might go ahead and try to make that jump.
Nah. I don't think so. It's not out of the realm of possibility but highly unlikely IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 210 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.