Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,002 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

unreal13 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

I'm not close to still being a student at state, and don't know if anyone on this board is. But it'd be really cool if the student sections would chant Hall and Hayes' names during the game Saturday. I know we've done it for big time recruits in the past and the kids eat that stuff up
That would definitely be cool.
A large portion of the student section is drunk on gameday and can barely sing the fight song on beat. Not to mention most won't have any idea who Hall and Hayes are, so that might too much to ask tbh.

I remember them doing it with Purvis, Randle, Anya, and TJ at various points

Last year for lecque and Williams as well.
Packfan8
Rivals 150 will be released tomorrow. Hugley, smith and hall all have moved up in their respective position so it'll be interesting to see where they are ranked
Packfan8
Miami just received a commitment from a 6'8 forward. Maybe this pushes Miami out of the Hugley sweepstakes. Remember nysier brooks is a sit out transfer for them unless he receives a waiver
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Miami just received a commitment from a 6'8 forward. Maybe this pushes Miami out of the Hugley sweepstakes. Remember nysier brooks is a sit out transfer for them unless he receives a waiver
Think Pitt is the main comp right now. He is suppossed to OV there at the end of the month. Guess we will see
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Think Pitt is the main comp right now. He is suppossed to OV there at the end of the month. Guess we will see
if he doesn't commit before then...
WolfpackSI
I like this little pipeline we are creating from Cleveland. Seems like the Kids that come out of there are tough and gritty basketball players.

Keatts hasn't gotten a bully big man like Cacok or Harrell yet at NC State. I thought Steele was gonna be that type of player but we all know how that turned out. I feel like we would be getting two of those types of players in Farrar and Hughley
wolfpacker7
Anyone hear how Deivon Smith felt after visit?
Dunlow66
wolfpacker7 said:

Not much on it

Still think he ends up elsewhere, Lousiville or maybe Georgia
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Not much on it

With Smith likley going elsewehere and Hugley not having commited yet. Seems that this weekend could be make or break for this class, especially with Hall seeming like he was blown away by UofL
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Not much on it

With Smith likley going elsewehere and Hugley not having commited yet. Seems that this weekend could be make or break for this class, especially with Hall seeming like he was blown away by UofL
If I was Kevin Keatts I'd find a position on the staff for Quincy Hall. Not only would it lock up Josh, it would probably get us 2 more of those Movarian Prep kids. Just a thought.
Struttingwolf96
Sounding like it's gonna be like usual with these highly ranked kids looking at State. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Sounding like it's gonna be like usual with these highly ranked kids looking at State. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.
dont start that already.

You got Farrar, that should be enough to keep you from complainig for at least another month.

It's hard to land all the 'under rated' local kids and bring in lots of Star power at the same time.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

You've been told we lead for Hugley; we're right there with UofL for Hall and have a shot at him this weekend; we're right there with Hayes and Moore as well.

Where are you getting the bridesmaid BS
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

Always have something to complain about. Tbh recruiting is looking up for the first time in a while.
Struttingwolf96
Let's land a few & I'll stop saying anything, until then State usually finishes in 2nd or 3rd place for the top kids. When they give trophies for that, I'll be satisfied. I'm glad Keatts pulled in Farrar, one I was hoping State would offer. Teams need a mixture of highly ranked & under the radar guys on a team. Beside Dennis Smith, whose the last top 35 recruit State has landed?
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Let's land a few & I'll stop saying anything, until then State usually finishes in 2nd or 3rd place for the top kids. When they give trophies for that, I'll be satisfied. I'm glad Keatts pulled in Farrar, one I was hoping State would offer. Teams need a mixture of highly ranked & under the radar guys on a team. Beside Dennis Smith, whose the last top 35 recruit State has landed?

Who is the last top 35 kid UVA landed?
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

With 10 of the top 35 usually off the board to Duke and UK

That leaves 25 for the rest of the NCAA programs to split.

What have we done on or off the court over the last 20 years to consistently land those types of players?

You cant just WISH it so. Lots of times you see kids go certain places and wonder why? well its $$, not the coaching staff or the HC getting it done....pure financial transaction.

So subtract those guy from the remaining 25

How many does that leave.
pack1502
Josh Hall just put on his instagram story that he isn't OVing to State this weekend
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

With 10 of the top 35 usually off the board to Duke and UK

That leaves 25 for the rest of the NCAA programs to split.

What have we done on or off the court over the last 20 years to consistently land those types of players?

You cant just WISH it so. Lots of times you see kids go certain places and wonder why? well its $$, not the coaching staff or the HC getting it done....pure financial transaction.

So subtract those guy from the remaining 25

How many does that leave.

nryanh94
pack1502 said:

Josh Hall just put on his instagram story that he isn't OVing to State this weekend

Well ****, looks like UofL May have locked him down
nryanh94
https://instagr.am/p/B1_qn1QASCb

Go show Hugley some love
nryanh94
Also appears that Coleman may still be planning on visiting here:
Struttingwolf96
Here we go again.
Packfan8
Updated rivals rankings
Hall 24
Thomas 28
Coleman 43
Smith 50
Langford 79
Hugley 92

Ripper
I don't get the lure for Louisville. Besides the hookers, they must be giving out free bourbon and free access to Churchill Downs.
Dunlow66
Ripper said:

I don't get the lure for Louisville. Besides the hookers, they must be giving out free bourbon and free access to Churchill Downs.
sounds about right.....but I think hookers are a 'no no' now that Pimp Daddy Pitino has moved on.

Packfan8
I love reading into things too much but here you guys go and try to interpret this exchange between Hugley and smith yourself from Hugley's Instagram post
Smith says "hey John" and Hugley responds with "my boy let's talk business"
I could definitely be reading into this way too much but sounds like Hugley wants a package deal. The only two schools that overlap on both of their lists are us and Miami
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

I love reading into things too much but here you guys go and try to interpret this exchange between Hugley and smith yourself from Hugley's Instagram post
I could definitely be reading into this way too much but sounds like Hugley wants a package deal. The only two schools that overlap on both of their lists are us and Miami
Maybe we are about to land Hugley and the Cardinals are getting Hall.
wolfpackjb
Well, I really wanted Hall, but I really like Hugley for us as well. A little good news/bad news I guess.
Packfan8
Hugley is wearing an N.C. state shirt today. From his Instagram story
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Maybe we are about to land Hugley and the Cardinals are getting Hall.
You think Hugley could commit anytime?
duran_duran
pack1502 said:

Well that is unfortunate, hope it doesn't sour Cam Hayes' visit this weekend
Packfan8
Gives more time solely focused on hayes
wolfpackjb
Yep! Go all out for Hayes!
WolfpackSI
Damn, any info about why he cancelled? Maybe its just a scheduling issue?

I'll be honest. I always got the feeling that we are Hall's backup option.
First Page Last Page
Page 208 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.