Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,966 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Providence is still very much a contender for Shakeel Moore.
Engineer97
This video was in November of 2008. He's top 120 on 247 now, number 17 center. I bet he moves up.

Packfan8
He's 120 by the 247 composite but they actually rank him as 73rd. Either way he has talent
WolfpackSI
Engineer97 said:

This video was in November of 2008. He's top 120 on 247 now, number 17 center. I bet he moves up.

I think you mean 2018. That does not look like a7 year old lol.

Good for him, looks like hes really got his body in the right shape. Credit to him and his coaches. Spare us the BJ Anya jokes, folks.
nryanh94
Dunlow you think Hugley still takes other visits?

Also anything else on Hall, UofL guys think they lead
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow you think Hugley still takes other visits?

Also anything else on Hall, UofL guys think they lead
They felt that way before the visit. I'd say wait and see how his visit here goes first. Also Hall has said he will wait til spring so this one doesnt sound like it is over yet. Louisville has a couple of others they are targeting.
Dunlow66
Wolfblood said:

I watched some of Hugley's highlights this weekend. You can tell by the most recent clips how he has transformed his body which shows a strong work ethic. Looks like a solid post player with a nice touch. Would be a huge get. Why is Big10 sleeping on Hugely. Seems like a typical Izzo big.

Very impressed with the recent recruits on campus and those coming this weekend. With the chance to add four recruits each of the next two seasons the staff has a chance to really shape the roster moving forward.

A few thoughts. We really need one of the point guards in Smith, Hayes or Moore. Also think we need to land Hall to get this ball rolling.

With that said, here is my CBs for the next two classes to go with Farrar and Smith. Heh!

J Hugley
J Hall
S Moore

Q Allen
J McDonald
C Whitt
Wouldnt be surprised to see Ja'Don Micheal running with the pack in 2021
Engineer97
WolfpackSI said:

Engineer97 said:

I think you mean 2018. That does not look like a7 year old lol.

Good for him, looks like hes really got his body in the right shape. Credit to him and his coaches. Spare us the BJ Anya jokes, folks.

It's been a rough day.
Engineer97
Packfan8 said:

He's 120 by the 247 composite but they actually rank him as 73rd. Either way he has talent

You are correct. That's extremely confusing.
Packfan8

How is it legal to allow these recruits to scrimmage in front of fans?
Packfan8
Hayes will visit Maryland and FSU later this month. Not sure if this has been reported on here because I can't remember but 247 is showing it
Packfan8
If weingarten doesn't put a prediction in for hall in the next few days I will feel confident in him coming to state. That guy puts a prediction in for every kid that Louisville is recruiting it seems
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

If weingarten doesn't put a prediction in for hall in the next few days I will feel confident in him coming to state. That guy puts a prediction in for every kid that Louisville is recruiting it seems

He goes to Louisville.
Wolfblood
Hey Dunlow, how do you compare Michael and McDonald? I would take either in a heartbeat. Any idea on how they project in the 2021 rankings?

Watching a few videos of each, Michael seems like a more skilled and polished player. And while Michael is athletic, McDonald jumped off the screen as a plus athlete. Basically a freak who can jump out of gym. Both looked to have nice jumpers. Not sure how consistent though.

I would love to have either.
TriangleDreamer
Wolfblood said:

Hey Dunlow, how do you compare Michael and McDonald? I would take either in a heartbeat. Any idea on how they project in the 2021 rankings?

Watching a few videos of each, Michael seems like a more skilled and polished player. And while Michael is athletic, McDonald jumped off the screen as a plus athlete. Basically a freak who can jump out of gym. Both looked to have nice jumpers. Not sure how consistent though.

Michael McDonald is a great singer but I don't think he would be D1 material...
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
wufpack7
If we sign Michael McDonald, Yah Mo B There for every game.
Ripper
TriangleDreamer said:

Wolfblood said:

Michael McDonald is a great singer but I don't think he would be D1 material...
Preferred The Doobie Brothers before McDonald got involved.
PicklePacker
Keatts better pull out the red carpet this weekend for Josh Hall. From what I can tell, he and his family have really enjoyed their visit to Louisville. I still think his parents would prefer to have him play close to home so Keatts just needs to do his thing and I think we'll be fine.
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

Keatts better pull out the red carpet this weekend for Josh Hall. From what I can tell, he and his family have really enjoyed their visit to Louisville. I still think his parents would prefer to have him play close to home so Keatts just needs to do his thing and I think we'll be fine.

Really hard to compete with a live scrimmage with fans there, and playing Notre Dame on National TV. Hope we can pull it off.
PicklePacker
Both Josh and his dad are super active on twitter. I encourage all of you to go show them some love as he prepares for his visit to State this coming weekend. A barrage of tweets from State fans could help slow down the Louisville momentum. Take a few seconds and send them quick message.
Packfan8
Langford will visit N.C. state
Packfan8
"Demarr Langford just completed his official visit to Boston College over the weekend and has three others lined up for NC State, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech"
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

Jaywolf27 said:

Really proud of the staff if they turned Hugley around that fast. Should be a good fit and has shown he is a hard worker by dropping all of the weight.
I've seen a few rumors that Hugley was basically a silent verbal to Pitt. This would be a great job by our coaches.
And he's from Cle?? SIgn me up! Ill take more Cle boys any day! Markell and Funder have been great.
Struttingwolf96
Maybe a replacement for Cam Thomas?
nryanh94
PicklePacker said:

Both Josh and his dad are super active on twitter. I encourage all of you to go show them some love as he prepares for his visit to State this coming weekend. A barrage of tweets from State fans could help slow down the Louisville momentum. Take a few seconds and send them quick message.

This; we've finally started to get a decent showing of fan support on Twitter in regards to football recruiting, but hardly any at all for the basketball recruits. Go show Hall, Hayes, Moore, Hugley, Smith and Langford some love.

Some Recruits to follow if you aren't already:

@jay5mula - Josh Hall

@thejohnhugley - John Hugley

@TheCamHayes - Cam Hayes

@sneakgod - Deivon Smith

@TheShakeelMoore - Shakeel Moore

@langford_demarr - Demarr Langford

@Qfromig - Quincy Allen "2021"

@jadunmichael10 - JaDun Michael "2021"

@PassBreon - Breon Pass "2021" Football and Basketball recruit

@D_styles4 - Dontrez Styles - "2021"

Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

"Demarr Langford just completed his official visit to Boston College over the weekend and has three others lined up for NC State, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech"
Brewster Academy will host college coaches for Open Gym on the following days / times during the first week of the NCAA recruiting period:

Monday, September 9- 4pm
Tuesday, September 10- 4pm
Wednesday, September 11- 1:30pm
Thursday, September 12- 4pm
Engineer97
nryanh94 said:

PicklePacker said:

This; we've finally started to get a decent showing of fan support on Twitter in regards to football recruiting, but hardly any at all for the basketball recruits. Go show Hall, Hayes, Moore, Hugley, Smith and Langford some love.

@jay5mula - Josh Hall

@TheCamHayes - Cam Hayes

@sneakgod - Deivon Smith

Thank you for this. Any idea what Hall's father's handle is
nryanh94
Engineer97 said:

nryanh94 said:

PicklePacker said:

@jay5mula - Josh Hall

@TheCamHayes - Cam Hayes

@sneakgod - Deivon Smith

Thank you for this. Any idea what Hall's father's handle is

@canes_coach_Q
nryanh94
I'm not close to still being a student at state, and don't know if anyone on this board is. But it'd be really cool if the student sections would chant Hall and Hayes' names during the game Saturday. I know we've done it for big time recruits in the past and the kids eat that stuff up
Dunlow66
Looks like we may indeed be the leader for Hugley at this time.
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

I'm not close to still being a student at state, and don't know if anyone on this board is. But it'd be really cool if the student sections would chant Hall and Hayes' names during the game Saturday. I know we've done it for big time recruits in the past and the kids eat that stuff up
That would definitely be cool.
nryanh94
3 crystal balls for Hugley on 247 and 2 predictions on rivals
unreal13
PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

A large portion of the student section is drunk on gameday and can barely sing the fight song on beat. Not to mention most won't have any idea who Hall and Hayes are, so that might too much to ask tbh.
nryanh94
unreal13 said:

PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

A large portion of the student section is drunk on gameday and can barely sing the fight song on beat. Not to mention most won't have any idea who Hall and Hayes are, so that might too much to ask tbh.

I remember them doing it with Purvis, Randle, Anya, and TJ at various points
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Looks like we may indeed be the leader for Hugley at this time.

Going into his visit he seemed like a long shot. It's great to see this staff make up ground really quick. Just wish he would end his recruitment right here
First Page Last Page
Page 207 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.