Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,133 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Louisville will have a 6'3'' guard for an official visit the same day that Hayes visits. Might be a push for a commit from one of the two
Struttingwolf96
Is there a particular reason why? I mean he doesn't impress me that much more than Moore if at all.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Is there a particular reason why? I mean he doesn't impress me that much more than Moore if at all.

My guess would be that Hayes is probably more ready to contribute on the offensive end immediately.
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Cam Hayes schedules OV to Louisville as expected. 2 Weeks after ours.

Cards seem to be picking up a lot of steam in this one as we have talked about prevoiusly

So at the moment it appears:

Thomas is leaning away from us and toward UConn

Hayes is leaving away from us and toward UofL

Hall is a wild card, but I still get the sense that we're more of a fall back for him

Moore is between us and providence

And outside of that it's a guessing game? Man this class may very well suck when it's all said and done
Feels to me like we've been trending up with Hall
Struttingwolf96
But isn't Hayes gonna have to reclassify first, he is younger than Moore? To me watching film Moore seems like the more ready to help. I think ranking has more to do with it. It will be interesting to see where Hayes is ranked if he does move up a class.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

But isn't Hayes gonna have to reclassify first, he is younger than Moore? To me watching film Moore seems like the more ready to help. I think ranking has more to do with it. It will be interesting to see where Hayes is ranked if he does move up a class.

I definitely don't think it's ranking, Keatts has shown that's not how he recruits.

Hayes has a more polished game, and is probably more ready to be a true PG.

Moore while he is stronger and a better defender hasn't shown enough of those true PG skills that you see with Hayes.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I definitely don't think it's ranking, Keatts has shown that's not how he recruits.

Hayes has a more polished game, and is probably more ready to be a true PG.

Moore while he is stronger and a better defender hasn't shown enough of those true PG skills that you see with Hayes.
IMO, Shakeel more than makes up for that with his defense

but honetly, other than big men who block shots....I dont think 'defense' is giving equal consideration to 'offense' when some of these kids are ranked.

Hayes has the 'rep' and has a size advantage. Also a year younger than Moore. He has a higher celing than Moore.

Moore, IMO, has a higher 'floor'. Defense doenst go into slumps. I think Moore is actually the better athlete and definitely has the advantage(IMO) when it comes to hustle and determination. Hayes is smoother and could be great, could bottom out. Moore, IMO, doesnt have 'greatness' potential but will be solid and can help us win.

I really think his game would pair nicely with another PG that can shoot like Carter Whitt. Each one is strong in a area where the other is weak.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66
Watch out now.....this guy is firmly on our radar.

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Get the Moravian contingent of Belton, Moore and Hall to go with Farrar. That's an excellent class to build on for the future
metcalfmafia
Dang that kid is huge.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Hall said this last week on Instagram. Someone asked why Keatts wasn't recruiting belton and he said "he's watching him". Would be nice to have that entire team, adds team chemistry and develops a path for future players that go through that program. Would belton be a redshirt or is he ready from day 1?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

His game reminds me of cacok that Keatts had a uncw. A monster on the boards and finishes strong around the rim. Something we definitely need. Don't care about rankings as long as he fits a need which he does
ClePack
PackAlpha91 said:

Hayes isn't the PG you want...get Moore and rejoice.
For the record i'd love both, however, there HAS to be a reason Hayes is ranked so high. Good passer? Good floor general? Ability to score? We could use all of that.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

PackAlpha91 said:

Hayes isn't the PG you want...get Moore and rejoice.
For the record i'd love both, however, there HAS to be a reason Hayes is ranked so high. Good passer? Good floor general? Ability to score? We could use all of that.

Hayes' game reminds me a lot of what Chris Paul looked like in Hs
nryanh94

This may be huge news for us!
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

For those that dont know

Chad Myers was an asst with Coack Keatts at Hargrave
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

For those that dont know

Holy **** this can help us a lot
RowanWolf
Two words for Javarzia Belton..."jump" "rope". Kid has zero spring. With a little more explosion, he could be really good.
Dunlow66

Two words for Javarzia Belton..."jump" "rope". Kid has zero spring. With a little more explosion, he could be really good.
RowanWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Thanks for sharing. It takes a long time for him to get off the ground and reach his high point (which isn't all that high for someone 6'-10"). Probably a reason he only has 3 stars. But, that is easily correctable. Kid could be a beast with some jump training.
WolfpackSI
Myers at IMG could be huge for us.

Did he help us with Seabron?
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Thanks for sharing. It takes a long time for him to get off the ground and reach his high point (which isn't all that high for someone 6'-10"). Probably a reason he only has 3 stars. But, that is easily correctable. Kid could be a beast with some jump training.
Word on Belzer right now is that he has really improved his footwork over the summer. I think he is so raw as a BBall player that maybe even he isnt sure what he is capable of....which can cause some hesitation on his 'power moves'

GREAT long term prospect. Higher NCAA ceiling, IMO, than Manny and I loved Manny as a post recruit.
TheWhiteWolf
With Myers going to IMG would that open up a chance to pursue Noah Farrakhan I seem to remember someone posting a long long time ago that we were one of his favorite schools. I know we have a lot of PG targets but there are some other really good players there too
RowanWolf
Dunlow66 said:

RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Word on Belzer right now is that he has really improved his footwork over the summer. I think he is so raw as a BBall player that maybe even he isnt sure what he is capable of....which can cause some hesitation on his 'power moves'

GREAT long term prospect. Higher NCAA ceiling, IMO, than Manny and I loved Manny as a post recruit.

Absolutely. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Can't coach that size. A RS year to turn that baby fat to lean muscle and develop some explosion, he'd be the equivalent of a top 50 recruit.
WolfpackSI
I don't think we take both Moore and Hayes. I think its more important to bring in another big since we are losing 2 bigs in Andrees and Dixon. and a wing scorer like Hall.

Moore + Hall + + Farrar + Belton is a very well rounded class to go with what we are already returning in 2021.
nryanh94
RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

RowanWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Absolutely. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Can't coach that size. A RS year to turn that baby fat to lean muscle and develop some explosion, he'd be the equivalent of a top 50 recruit.

Baby fat? Are we looking at the same guy lmao?
Dunlow66
He looks like a future pro bodybuilder.

Grown ass man right there........and he still has a year of HS eligibilty.

Imagine BJ Anya all cut up like that.
RowanWolf
Hadn't seen that picture. Stand corrected. He's chiseled.
WolfpackSI
WOW Imagine him and Farrar in the post in a few years. Holy hell that would be a nasty front line
sf59
Dunlow66 said:

He looks like a future pro bodybuilder.

Grown ass man right there........and he still has a year of HS eligibilty.

Imagine BJ Anya all cut up like that.

The only thing BJ Anya cut up was a porter house.
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
—Jack Handey
Dunlow66
I been drinking tonight so I'm gonna brag a little

Go find a better NCSU recruiting forum...........I dare ya.
wolfpacker7
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

For those that dont know

This is big. If you want perspective, just look at the football recruits that have come out of IMG in the last 5 years....

Hoops is catching up quick. If it's anything like football, these can be make or break recruits (ex take Delpit for football at LSU). This connection could be is HUGE
wolfpacker7
Dunlow66 said:

I been drinking tonight so I'm gonna brag a little

Go find a better NCSU recruiting forum...........I dare ya.

I strongly relate to the first line, as I usually do if I post...
1985 NCSU Grad
We have some time to evaluate and work the recruitment on Belton. He plans to make his commotment on March 27th, 2020 so there is plenty of time to see him.
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.