Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,376 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
WolfpackSI
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Hall is cutting his list. Asked for someone to make an edit. I would assume nc state, Louisville, Texas, Kansas and the rest who knows
as of rigth now....I'd consider this a Louisville, NC State battle.
With Moore moving to Moravian Prep, I wonder if it makes sense to push hard and get him to commit. My thinking is then he could then turn around and help us recruit Hall.
Ya, hopefully it helps us. Could also hurt us if they don't end up jiving while playing together this year
TheStorm
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Dino Gaudio is now on staff at Louisville.

Also have Mike Pegues who has a lot of aau connections in the DC/VA area.

Oh yeah... do they have a financial planner on staff though?
If it were that simple, Gott would stil be here.

Guadio is a great assistant coach, same with Pegues as it relates to recruiting. Just dont let Dino run the show.

I just enjoy the irony of Gott and Gaudio getting mentions within the same post...
WolfpackSI
How is Cam Hayes shooting?
duran_duran
Struttingwolf96 said:

Exactly, makes me wonder at times. The same way it did with waiting to offer Farrar.
We landed him immediately after offering, what is there to wonder about there?
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Exactly, makes me wonder at times. The same way it did with waiting to offer Farrar.
I was told the Farrar offer would be extended when he was ready to commit....and that seems to be how it played out.

It was up to him if he wanted to end it or not. When Farrar was ready, you see what happened.
PicklePacker
Shakeel Moore about to narrow his list.
Dunlow66

Jake
@jakeweingarten

24m
Top-100 senior guard, Shakeel Moore, told me yesterday that he's setup official visits to NC State, Pittsburgh, Providence, and is working on a visit to Illinois.[url=https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten][/url]
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Shakeel Moore about to narrow his list.
August 25th
PicklePacker
Gotta like our chances.
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Gotta like our chances.
Id guess NC State/Providence battle right now.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Hall is cutting his list. Asked for someone to make an edit. I would assume nc state, Louisville, Texas, Kansas and the rest who knows
With Moore moving to Moravian Prep, I wonder if it makes sense to push hard and get him to commit. My thinking is then he could then turn around and help us recruit Hall.
Ya, hopefully it helps us. Could also hurt us if they don't end up jiving while playing together this year
I think they are already friends off the court. See them interact on social media from time to time. I'd guess it helps us more than hurts.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I think they are already friends off the court. See them interact on social media from time to time. I'd guess it helps us more than hurts.
Sweet, didn't know that. Thats definitely might help us down the road!
TheStorm
Thread getting ready to hit 200 pages soon...
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

They were tweeting at each other last night about announcing a top-5 maybe a package deal?
WolfpackSI
Shakeel can really get to the hole. The way he attacks the rim reminds me a lot of D-Rose(obviously lacking the elite athleticism/bounce). I can see why you guys really like his toughness. One thing that kinda concerns me is that there isn't much video of this shooting. How is his shooting?

On he other hand, Cam Hayes seems like he is a much better shooter. His game actually reminded me a lot of Markell.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Shakeel can really get to the hole. The way he attacks the rim reminds me a lot of D-Rose(obviously lacking the elite athleticism/bounce). I can see why you guys really like his toughness. One thing that kinda concerns me is that there isn't much video of this shooting. How is his shooting?

On he other hand, Cam Hayes seems like he is a much better shooter. His game actually reminded me a lot of Markell.

Could be wrong but I believe Moore had better shooting numbers on the Aau circuit than Hayes did
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Shakeel Moore also has some great athleticism. He can really get up.. 42 inch vertical at one recent event.

NC Top 80 Combine Testing via
@Monster_V_P
#NCTop80

(max vertical)

1. '19 Jalen Cone - 47"
2. '20 Jajuan Carr - 44"
3. '20 Shakeel Moore - 42"
4. '21 Jalen McDonald - 41"
5. '21 AJ Smith - 41"
Dunlow66
Cam Thomas listed at 23 in the latest 247 2020 rankings

Mark Williams 28
Henry Coleman 36
Devion Smith 41
Josh Hall 47
John Hugley 73
Justin Thomas 176
Shakeel Moore 180
Tristan Maxwell 197
Nick Farrar 203
Dunlow66
Very underreated recruit, IMO

19m
Preparing for BIG junior season: 2021 6'2 Elijah Jamison
#PhenomHoops

Already holding 2 offers, Jamison talks the latest going on with him. What schools are showing interest? How did his summer go & what is his focus coming into the season?

Read: http://phenomhoopreport.com/preparing-for-big-junior-season-2021-62-elijah-jamison/
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Shakeel Moore also has some great athleticism. He can really get up.. 42 inch vertical at one recent event.

NC Top 80 Combine Testing via
@Monster_V_P
#NCTop80

(max vertical)

1. '19 Jalen Cone - 47"
2. '20 Jajuan Carr - 44"
3. '20 Shakeel Moore - 42"
4. '21 Jalen McDonald - 41"
5. '21 AJ Smith - 41"

Right and it definitely shows. I just put that because I didn't want people to think I was saying he is the next D-Rose. D-Rose ability to attack the rim(mix of handle/athleticism/first step/bounce) is unmatched imo but I see some glimpses of D-Rose's game in Shakeel.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Could be wrong but I believe Moore had better shooting numbers on the Aau circuit than Hayes did
3 point shooting or overall fg%?
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

3 point shooting or overall fg%?

3pt %
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Cam Thomas listed at 23 in the latest 247 2020 rankings

Mark Williams 28
Henry Coleman 36
Devion Smith 41
Josh Hall 47
John Hugley 73
Justin Thomas 176
Shakeel Moore 180
Tristan Maxwell 197
Nick Farrar 203

Farrar is also 166 in the composite which doesn't seem right since I can't find him ranked elsewhere
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Dang that kid moves well for his height.
Packfan8
Glad to see players on visits are wearing newer uniforms. Farrar posted a pic today
Dunlow66
Cam Hayes schedules OV to Louisville as expected. 2 Weeks after ours.

Cards seem to be picking up a lot of steam in this one as we have talked about prevoiusly
Struttingwolf96
Just hope Keatts can reel in Moore or if he reclassifies Carter Whitt. Hayes, for me would be the 4th option even behind Smith. Let him go to Louisville, I would rather have Moore.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just hope Keatts can reel in Moore or if he reclassifies Carter Whitt. Hayes, for me would be the 4th option even behind Smith. Let him go to Louisville, I would rather have Moore.
Hayes is rumored to be the top choice of the staff at the point......
ClePack
If we don't land Hayes, ill start to panic. Until then? Just waiting
PackAlpha91
Hayes isn't the PG you want...get Moore and rejoice.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Cam Hayes schedules OV to Louisville as expected. 2 Weeks after ours.

Cards seem to be picking up a lot of steam in this one as we have talked about prevoiusly

So at the moment it appears:

Thomas is leaning away from us and toward UConn

Hayes is leaving away from us and toward UofL

Hall is a wild card, but I still get the sense that we're more of a fall back for him

Moore is between us and providence

And outside of that it's a guessing game? Man this class may very well suck when it's all said and done
Packfan8
ScoobyWolf

First Page Last Page
Page 199 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.