Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,714 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
1985 NCSU Grad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mack and Louisville keeps on getting kids and making moves with top ranked kids even though the NCAA is still in investigation mode and major problems still ahead.
RDUwolfpack
Yeah that's why I don't keep all the cloud recruiting comments.
Struttingwolf96
So PF JT Thor out of WV who State has offered has reclassed from the '21 to the '20 class. Is this right & does this help State's chances to land him?
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

So PF JT Thor out of WV who State has offered has reclassed from the '21 to the '20 class. Is this right & does this help State's chances to land him?

I'd say our chances are slim to none, he's already take. 2 unofficial to UK
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I'd say our chances are slim to none, he's already take. 2 unofficial to UK
We wont get him.....but I love his game and his name.
Dunlow66
Packfan8
On the rivals site Corey Evans our a projection in for us and jake weingarten put a projection in for Louisville for cam hayes
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

On the rivals site Corey Evans our a projection in for us and jake weingarten put a projection in for Louisville for cam hayes
I think Hayes is working on on OV to Louisville in the near future.
Struttingwolf96
Has Shakeel Moore took an official visit to State?
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Has Shakeel Moore took an official visit to State?

No, he's scheduled one though
Dunlow66
The next Carter Whitt......William Otto.

One to watch. Had a great run at the ENC Phenon 150 event. Rising Freshman

Dunlow66
Otto finished as the third leading scorer in this even that included many rising seniors.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/enc-phenom-150-scoring-leaders/

Will Otto- The smooth, skilled, high-IQ guard was easily one of the most impressive performers in attendance, especially given his age. Otto is a very efficient three-level scorer that can reliably create for himself or others. He sees the floor well and simply possesses an advanced feel and level of craftiness, which could allow him to become a special type of player.
Dunlow66
William Otto 5'9 G Garner Road | William Otto is a player that has excited Big Shots and the Garner Road family for many years and you may not know him nationally yet but you soon will. North Carolina's top shooter in 2023 with an advanced skill set and a tough swagger about him that you need to play at the highest of levels. At Big Shots Raleigh NC Top 150, Otto averaged 18 ppg scoring 21 points in game 2 on his way to earning 2023 MVP honors. A familiar spot for the shooter where he has consistently been named MVP at Big Shots over the years. He has a pure release off the catch and dribble and when pushed off the 3 he can finish with contact and over length at the rim. Scores in all ways at an efficient rate. Otto has many similarities to fellow Garner Road star University of Virginia commit Carson McCorkle, they both can stroke it, advanced skill package with footwork and IQ in the bag, defense to go with it and the confidence streak you want in a player. A bright future is ahead for William Otto one of NC's best in 2023. Big Shots NC 2023 Watchlist.

https://bigshots.net/2023-all-stars-big-shots-raleigh-nc-top-150/
Packfan8
Don't know if this has been reported but our new dobo is Travis Hackert who was our director of scouting last year. Was Keatts dobo at uncw
Dunlow66
PicklePacker said:

Friend of mine says Cam Hayes has moved on from holding out for a UNC offer.
Hayes must have gotten upset that they didnt pursue. Rumor is he will choose from the schools that have already offered. Good odds he moves back into the 2020 class. Not sure if he would still be considered a five star recruit if he does.
Struttingwolf96
Would still rather have Shakeel Moore, believe he would fit in Keatts' system perfectly.
pack1502
Struttingwolf96 said:

Would still rather have Shakeel Moore, believe he would fit in Keatts' system perfectly.

Rather have both
Packfan8
pack1502 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Rather have both

Thomas and one of those two would be perfect
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Rather have both

Getting the vibe the Thomas train has left the station
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Rather have both

Maybe Thomas still leans towards the Pack, but is just wanting to add some suspense and hype to his recruitment. Let's be honest, for the longest time everyone has said he's NC State's to lose. Maybe that got old to him. Maybe he wants other schools and their fans to show him some love. Hopefully all the hard work KK put in on him will mean something in the end. There's still time to swing him back in our favor if in fact UCONN has taken over as the leader. I'm not sure that's the case but social media buzz sure is trending in that direction.
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

pack1502 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Rather have both

Maybe Thomas still leans towards the Pack, but is just wanting to add some suspense and hype to his recruitment. Let's be honest, for the longest time everyone has said he's NC State's to lose. Maybe that got old to him. Maybe he wants other schools and their fans to show him some love. Hopefully all the hard work KK put in on him will mean something in the end. There's still time to swing him back in our favor if in fact UCONN has taken over as the leader. I'm not sure that's the case but social media buzz sure is trending in that direction.

He doesn't seem like he's rushed to make his decision so hopefully a strong season could sway his opinion if in fact he's leaning away
Dunlow66
Kenya Hunter is running point on this one for UConn.

He pulled a lot of talent from this part of the country to Nebraska...I'm sure it will be easier for him to get players to go to UConn instead. Wouldnt be surprised at all to see Thomas go to UConn.

Wish he was on our staff.Hunter is a relentless recruiter. Was a Georgetown asst for years and spent some time at NC State under Sendek as student manager and DBO. Received his Masters for State.
Struttingwolf96
Wish he was too. But a lot of poster say Keatts wants his own guys on the staff which is a good & bad thing. Hope it works out though.
Packfan8
Craig ponder was a star at uncw under Keatts and is now a grad assistant on the N.C. state staff.
Packfan8
Hall is cutting his list. Asked for someone to make an edit. I would assume nc state, Louisville, Texas, Kansas and the rest who knows
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Hall is cutting his list. Asked for someone to make an edit. I would assume nc state, Louisville, Texas, Kansas and the rest who knows
as of rigth now....I'd consider this a Louisville, NC State battle.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Sounds good, that damn Mack is pissing me off though
WolfpackSI
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I know right. We definitely needed ANOTHER powerhouse with an unlimited recruiting budget to compete against for recruits.

Though we should probably be blaming Kenya Hunter more than Mack
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I know right. We definitely needed ANOTHER powerhouse with an unlimited recruiting budget to compete against for recruits.

Why are we blaming an assistant at UCONN for Louisville being good again? Lol
Dunlow66
Dino Gaudio is now on staff at Louisville.

Also have Mike Pegues who has a lot of aau connections in the DC/VA area.
wolfpacker7
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

With Moore moving to Moravian Prep, I wonder if it makes sense to push hard and get him to commit. My thinking is then he could then turn around and help us recruit Hall.
Struttingwolf96
Exactly, makes me wonder at times. The same way it did with waiting to offer Farrar.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Oh yeah... do they have a financial planner on staff though?
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Oh yeah... do they have a financial planner on staff though?
If it were that simple, Gott would stil be here.

Guadio is a great assistant coach, same with Pegues as it relates to recruiting. Just dont let Dino run the show.
WolfpackSI
nryanh94 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Why are we blaming an assistant at UCONN for Louisville being good again? Lol
LOL and this is why I shouldn't be posting before AM coffee....

Dino is the guy with deep connections in NC thats affecting our recruiting
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.