Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,215,792 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wolfblood said:

wufpack7 said:

So dun, do you think Withers is a candidate for the Hellems/Hamilton stretch-4 spot only if we miss on both of those guys, or are we considering offering Withers even if we get Steere and one of Hellems/Hamilton?

Not dun, but Withers is 2019. Rick's tweet was wrong. Those questions will still need to be answered, but not in this class.

Another question for Dunlow. Is Springer a no-brainer at PG or is Cone on his level as a prospect? If so who do you like best and more important can the staff wait until 2020 for PG recruit?
I love Whthers long term potential as a stretch 4.

As for Springer/Cone.....I am really impressed with Cone's game and athleticism, despite the height concerns. I think he is going to be an outstanding college PG.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Wolfblood said:

wufpack7 said:

So dun, do you think Withers is a candidate for the Hellems/Hamilton stretch-4 spot only if we miss on both of those guys, or are we considering offering Withers even if we get Steere and one of Hellems/Hamilton?

Not dun, but Withers is 2019. Rick's tweet was wrong. Those questions will still need to be answered, but not in this class.

Another question for Dunlow. Is Springer a no-brainer at PG or is Cone on his level as a prospect? If so who do you like best and more important can the staff wait until 2020 for PG recruit?
I love Whthers long term potential as a stretch 4.

As for Springer/Cone.....I am really impressed with Cone's game and athleticism, despite the height concerns. I think he is going to be an outstanding college PG.
and he might stop by this weekend
pack1502
Ian steere came by the tailgate today he's ready to run with the pack
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

Ian steere came by the tailgate today he's ready to run with the pack
Fans will love this young man's power game. Will have a collection of face melting dunks before he leaves NCSU.
WolfpackSI
Who was at the game? Did the staff host anyone else beside Ian Steere?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

More visitors for Saturday including

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops 3h3 hours ago
More

2020 guard Brandon Boston @bboston_ of Norcross (GA) @NorcrossHoops will be on campus at NC State this weekend

2019 forward DJ Burns @beastboyburns of York Prep (SC) will visit NC State as well this weekend

2019 wing Marcus Watson @BigTime_MW of Buford (GA) @Buford_MBB will be on campus at NC State this weekend
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
NatePait94
Dunlow66 said:

More visitors for tomorrow

Rick Lewis @Coach_Rick57 2m2 minutes ago
More

6'8 '18 Jae'lyn Withers & 6'3 '20 Tristan Maxwell will be on unofficial visit to NC State tomorrow
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
RowanWolf
Unless he has somehow reclassified, Withers is Class of '19....and a name to watch. This young man is going to climb in the ratings. Would love to have him in Raleigh.
Dunlow66
RowanWolf said:

Unless he has somehow reclassified, Withers is Class of '19....and a name to watch. This young man is going to climb in the ratings. Would love to have him in Raleigh.
He has not reclassed, just a typo....and I agree. Love his potential
Dunlow66
Still hearing Keldon Johnson could go to any of his four finalist.

UK roster concerns have prevented them from sealing the deal on this one.
Maryland visit ongoing
Texas still has a strong shot with Shaka's existing relationship being the key.
NCState has made if farther along in this one than many ever gave us credit for and I still hear we are in better shape than a lot of peopel think.

This one could go in any direction.
RowanWolf
He's a top 25 talent. Wonder if the events of this past week have had any impact?
wolfpackfan00
Isaiah Todd (#1 player in 2020 class) was at NC State yesterday for an unofficial visit.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Isaiah Todd (#1 player in 2020 class) was at NC State yesterday for an unofficial visit.
Think this one goes to a blue blood.

At least Coach Keatts and staff have time and are in the discussion.
wickedmojo
Justin Byerly @JustinByerly 22h22 hours ago

Duke has offered 2019 wing Joey Baker of Trinity Christian NC @Joey_bvker

Dunlow66
PG Jalen Cone did make it to visit yesterday. If you have not checked out this kid yet.....I suggest you do so. He has 'it'
stuartmcarthur5
According to the Loaded AAU page he was there for a visit. Is this not the case?
wolfpackfan00

https://247sports.com/Player/Saddiq-Bey-46041574
Dunlow66
My take on Bey's game

Pure scorer on the court. Very, very good three point shooter. Also gets up and dunks with the best of them. Could even grow a few more inches. Wouldnt be surpirsed to see him top out at about 6'8. Active hands and will get out on the break in a hurry. Very effective jab step that opens up either 'the lane' or a nice three point attempt. He will shoot over shorter defenders and is a willing passer. He will get the ball to open shooters if the defense doubles him or he breaks down his own man. Better at gettting his own shot off the dribble than he is as using screens/pick and roll action. Can shoot the 'pull up' going right or left. Nice body control when he has contact with the defender.
Dunlow66
Bey Highlights
WolfpackSI
Bey is most likely to go to Maryland right?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Bey is most likely to go to Maryland right?
Xavier, Pitt, and Northwestern are contenders. Miami was, but I wonder if all the current negative publicity for that program has taken them out of the running. Some feel like Xavier is the leader, but I think we could make a move here if we push. Feel like Xavier has fallen back a bit

Would be a great backup plan to Keldon Johnson.
apackfan69
Is Steere still planning on announcing today? If so, do we know what time?
Bulldogwolf27
He is will commit on Friday the 6th
Dunlow66
Getting some Maryland buzz for Keldon Johnson. Just visited there, so that could be part of it. Recruits often say what players/fans/coaches want to hear while on an OV.

Still, some feel they made up ground and could get KJ on board soon.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Getting some Maryland buzz for Keldon Johnson. Just visited there, so that could be part of it. Recruits often say what players/fans/coaches want to hear while on an OV.

Still, some feel they made up ground and could get KJ on board soon.

Dang it's a long drive from South Hill to Maryland.
wolfpackfan00

https://247sports.com/Player/Anfernee-Simons-89839
Ripper
Not sure if already posted, but former 2018 Gottfried recruiting target Xavier Johnson (Bishop O'Connell 6-3 Guard) committed to Nebraska. Saw him play a few times and he's a decent player.
stuartmcarthur5
Out of that list I feel he will land at Florida since he goes to IMG
RyanMB
Any recruits going to be at the game Thursday night? Should be a great atmosphere.
NatePait94
Saddiq Bey for one. Potentially, Ian Steere.
NatePait94
Only other recruits would have to be local. I wouldn't imagine underclassmen kids traveling long distances on a school night LOL
Dunlow66
stuartmcarthur5 said:

Out of that list I feel he will land at Florida since he goes to IMG
I have heard a Florida commitment from Simmons is imminent
TheWhiteWolf
Any truth in dook being Joey Baker's leader?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

They offered......they are Duke. They get a LOT of their top targets. Not a stretch to say they lead, but I hear Baker also likes NC State. We'll see. Once upon a time, Duke was considered the leader for DSJ. Things change.

WOLFDAC
TheWhiteWolf said:

I would use the word "contender" and not "leader" with the Baker commitment/offer
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.