Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,280 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
apackfan69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WOLFDAC said:

Dunlow66 said:

dogplasma said:

The main advantage we have over Missouri is that we're not in Missouri.

Would Bates' commitment affect Steere at all? They appear to be similar players, but then, we have a bunch of PT available in '18.
Steere wants to be closer to home. Left High Point to attent HS in Fayetteville.

He is from Fayetteville. His dad has a supplement business in Fayetteville.

Steere and Bates will play HS ball together this year at Northwood Temple.

I think Bates commit is a very good thing for the recruitment of Ian Steere to NC State and I think we get him.

I heard there is a solid chance we get a commitment shortly after or during the OV....that would be sweet.
Hurry up an call our shoe rep.
stuartmcarthur5
According to Evan Daniels
Five Star power forward EJ Montgomery just decommitted from Auburn, per is father.
Do you think we take a shot at this guy now that he's reopened his recruitment or stick with Steere?
NatePait94
It would surprise me if we went after anyone coming out of this situation
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
TheWhiteWolf
With the new of what was going on at UofL and it looking like Rick will be asked to leave. Are there any recruits or players that we could talk to or have interest in?
Dunlow66
only the beginning.

Dont know much about Montomery because he has been committed to Auburn for over a year now. Be intetesting to see who reaches out. Kid is a 5 star talent and from Wheeler HS, Ga....an area we have recruited quite heavily in the past.
Dunlow66
Jeff BorzelloVerified account @jeffborzello 5m5 minutes ago
More

FYI: Louisville has two 2018 commits -- five-star Anfernee Simons, top-50 Courtney Ramey) -- and David Johnson in 2019.
Megapack
Looks like Pitino is gone. I don't want to circle carcasses, but wonder is Adidas will send any decommits our way?
I just hope this situation finally starts to clean up the game.
Dunlow66
Megapack said:

Looks like Pitino is gone. I don't want to circle carcasses, but wonder is Adidas will send any decommits our way?
I just hope this situation finally starts to clean up the game.
I think letting freshmen go pro again could help a little bit, but until the NCAA offers these kids actual value for what they bring.........someone else will
SexualChocolate
Steere to announce 10/6
apackfan69
Dunlow66 said:

Jeff BorzelloVerified account @jeffborzello 5m5 minutes ago
More

FYI: Louisville has two 2018 commits -- five-star Anfernee Simons, top-50 Courtney Ramey) -- and David Johnson in 2019.
Make that 0 now. Simons and Ramey have decommitted.
FergusWolf
If I were a former Louisville recruit, there is almost no way I would sign with an Adidas school. There are going to be a lot of questions. Better to go to a Nike or UA school.
Dunlow66
SexualChocolate said:

Steere to announce 10/6
Wonder who he will pick
TheWhiteWolf
But it wasn't just Adidas schools involved, or do you mean strictly UofL players/recruits
wolfpackfan00
NC State watching Jericole Hellems today
Dunlow66
Dustin McComasVerified account @DMcComasOB 7h7 hours ago
More

Texas was at Oak Hill Academy yesterday, home to 2018 five-star and top #HookEm priority Keldon Johnson.
0 replies1 retweet3 likes

Dunlow66
Devon Dotson and Keldon Johnson will officially visit Maryland this weekend
NatePait94
CKK and Co. went to watch Joey Baker yesterday and Hellems today. Lots of travelling the trail.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
NatePait94 said:

CKK and Co. went to watch Joey Baker yesterday and Hellems today. Lots of travelling the trail.
I really like Hellems game. He and Keldon Johnson are TOUGH mofos. Would make for a very solid, physical, brusing ACC recruiting class if paired with Bates and Steere.
WarPack
Do you think we would take Hellems and Hamilton? I'd love to have both.
Bulldogwolf27
WarPack said:

Do you think we would take Hellems and Hamilton? I'd love to have both.

I think we take one of the two. I think we take one of these guys and maybe a lost grad if they don't think Dorn can start at the 4 next year.
wolfpackfan00

NC State was in his Final 4 schools
goosewolf
so what do you guys think:

Does anyone take these guys? They could all be taped by the FBI taking payments. Legal or not they sure violate NCAA rules. So, what do you guys think? Will anyone touch them? Could end up with season forfeited if they are declared ineligible.
Bell Tower Grey
goosewolf said:

so what do you guys think:

Does anyone take these guys? They could all be taped by the FBI taking payments. Legal or not they sure violate NCAA rules. So, what do you guys think? Will anyone touch them? Could end up with season forfeited if they are declared ineligible.
I think all of these guys would be questionable no matter how good they are. I can't see many AD's willing to give a coach the green light to recruit them. Granted, some of these guys may be clean. However, given the scope of what is going on, guilt by association will undoubtedly be the normal expectation. Hopefully they will get to the D league or an overseas team somewhere.

I'd be one that would pass on any of them...too much of a chance for trouble either now, or down the road.
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
NC State visited 2020 PG Jaden Springer yesterday. Also set to visit this weekend on an unoiffical visit.
Dunlow66
More visitors for Saturday including

Shun Williams @OntheRadarHoops 3h3 hours ago
More

2020 guard Brandon Boston @bboston_ of Norcross (GA) @NorcrossHoops will be on campus at NC State this weekend

2019 forward DJ Burns @beastboyburns of York Prep (SC) will visit NC State as well this weekend

2019 wing Marcus Watson @BigTime_MW of Buford (GA) @Buford_MBB will be on campus at NC State this weekend
WolfpackSI
Dun, do you think there is any interest in Antwann Jones? We were in his top-4 at one point or are we gonna stay away from these recent decommits?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dun, do you think there is any interest in Antwann Jones? We were in his top-4 at one point or are we gonna stay away from these recent decommits?
I didnt think we were in it before, even with that 'top 4' desigination. Now??? no clue. I expect things to get really heated on the recruiting front over the next month or so.
goosewolf
Moved to 'Federal Corruption' thread
Dunlow66
think we need to keep the discussion to specific recruits in this thread and although it is a huge 'crossover' topic, keep the other stuff regarding the 'coaching bribery/recruit buying' scandal in the other thread if possible. I do understand how connected the subjects are, but I feel like this thread should be a bit more concise.
Dunlow66
More visitors for tomorrow

Rick Lewis @Coach_Rick57 2m2 minutes ago
More

6'8 '18 Jae'lyn Withers & 6'3 '20 Tristan Maxwell will be on unofficial visit to NC State tomorrow
goosewolf
Dunlow66 said:

think we need to keep the discussion to specific recruits in this thread and although it is a huge 'crossover' topic, keep the other stuff regarding the 'coaching bribery/recruit buying' scandal in the other thread if possible. I do understand how connected the subjects are, but I feel like this thread should be a bit more concise.

right you are, sorry bout that
wufpack7
So dun, do you think Withers is a candidate for the Hellems/Hamilton stretch-4 spot only if we miss on both of those guys, or are we considering offering Withers even if we get Steere and one of Hellems/Hamilton?
NatePait94
Withers is an up and comer. The program in Charlotte, North Meck, I believe, has some sort of network with Creighton
Wolfblood
wufpack7 said:

So dun, do you think Withers is a candidate for the Hellems/Hamilton stretch-4 spot only if we miss on both of those guys, or are we considering offering Withers even if we get Steere and one of Hellems/Hamilton?

Not dun, but Withers is 2019. Rick's tweet was wrong. Those questions will still need to be answered, but not in this class.

Another question for Dunlow. Is Springer a no-brainer at PG or is Cone on his level as a prospect? If so who do you like best and more important can the staff wait until 2020 for PG recruit?
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.