Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,221,526 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
TheWhiteWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

"Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late.
NC State will land two of the three mentioned above, with Hayes and Hall the likeliest. The Wolfpack are also heavily in the mix for Henry Coleman, John Hugley, Deivon Smith and Tristan Maxwell."
From Corey Evans
I think we get Moore.

Would we take two lead guards?
Possible
Dun, I know you've been really high on Thomas, how bad will missing out on him hurt? I know some thought he could be "the" recruit for Keatts. Got to feel for Keatts he's put in a lot of work and time there (but I'm sure he used to in this business)
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

"Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late.
NC State will land two of the three mentioned above, with Hayes and Hall the likeliest. The Wolfpack are also heavily in the mix for Henry Coleman, John Hugley, Deivon Smith and Tristan Maxwell."
From Corey Evans
I think we get Moore.

Would we take two lead guards?
Possible
Dun, I know you've been really high on Thomas, how bad will missing out on him hurt? I know some thought he could be "the" recruit for Keatts. Got to feel for Keatts he's put in a lot of work and time there (but I'm sure he used to in this business)
If we land another potenial 5 star with skills to play outside like Josh Hall, not that much

If we miss on Hall and Coleman(as expected as of today).....a lot.
Packfan8
In Moore's 14 games on the eybl circuit and peach jam he averaged 16.8 ppg 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.8 steals per game. Shot 35.7% from 3 and only 55% from the ft line. For a guy who is highly regarded as a defender he can still get it done on the offensive end.
Hayes on the same team averaged 13.6 ppg, 4.2 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game. Hayes was a streaky shooter and only shot 31.9 % from 3 while shooting 71% from the line.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

In Moore's 14 games on the eybl circuit and peach jam he averaged 16.8 ppg 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 2.8 steals per game. Shot 35.7% from 3 and only 55% from the ft line. For a guy who is highly regarded as a defender he can still get it done on the offensive end.
Hayes on the same team averaged 13.6 ppg, 4.2 rebounds, 5.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game. Hayes was a streaky shooter and only shot 31.9 % from 3 while shooting 71% from the line.
Moore is also tough as nails. That kid plays through a lot of contact. Get that freethrow percentage up to 70 or better and he will get his on the offensive end. Very solid finisher on the break and tough to stop once he beats the first defender.

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Moore is also tough as nails. That kid plays through a lot of contact. Get that freethrow percentage up to 70 or better and he will get his on the offensive end. Very solid finisher on the break and tough to stop once he beats the first defender.

Fwiw maxpreps has him at 180 for 258 from the line in his 86 games at the varsity level which is 69.8%. Could have just been a bad 14 game stretch this summer. And this past season shot 78% at the line. I would love to have him on our squad even if he's not a top 100 player
PicklePacker
count me in on Moore. i want tough kids. not sure hayes has that same fire.
Struttingwolf96
So is Josh Hall visting State on Sept.10th?
PicklePacker
josh hall on twitter confirming his recruitment is 110% open. wonder if rumors were floating around that he was about to commit.
ClePack
PicklePacker said:

count me in on Moore. i want tough kids. not sure hayes has that same fire.
I'd take both. There's go to be a reason Hayes is ranked so highly. Don't get me wrong, i'd love both, but we need a severe influx of talent if we want to compete in the top 4 of the ACC. 100+ ranked kid's probably won't cut it (unless keatts can really develop kids). This is one of the reasons why I really wanted Cam Thomas.
ZAXPACK15
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Keatts retweeted his sons offer but since he is now a recruit and it's a no communication period (I believe) isn't that a violation. If so I hope it gets reported to compliance before it turns into something it shouldn't be

Special rules regarding children; that's why Keatts can go watch Garner Road whenever he wants and Gott could do the same with Broughton
still makes me wonder why Gott didnt see what Devonte Graham could do at the next level. I know he blew up as a Senior after siging with App State, but still, the talent was there. Others also missed on Graham.... they didnt have the opportunities and inside info Gott did....same could be said for Jerome Robinson.

I'm fairly certain Gott just went to scout or rivals and went down the list and offered everyone in the top 100.
Oh Gott was scouting the "talent" around Broughton for sure. Most of it was about 5'7" with long blonde hair though...
nryanh94
ZAXPACK15 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Keatts retweeted his sons offer but since he is now a recruit and it's a no communication period (I believe) isn't that a violation. If so I hope it gets reported to compliance before it turns into something it shouldn't be

Special rules regarding children; that's why Keatts can go watch Garner Road whenever he wants and Gott could do the same with Broughton
still makes me wonder why Gott didnt see what Devonte Graham could do at the next level. I know he blew up as a Senior after siging with App State, but still, the talent was there. Others also missed on Graham.... they didnt have the opportunities and inside info Gott did....same could be said for Jerome Robinson.

I'm fairly certain Gott just went to scout or rivals and went down the list and offered everyone in the top 100.
Oh Gott was scouting the "talent" around Broughton for sure. Most of it was about 5'7" with long blonde hair though...

We may not like Gott, but let's not start throwing around rumors that he was after underage girls, even if it is a joke
ZAXPACK15
Moore and Hall would be great. Throw in one more HS recruit or Grad-transfer and I'll be very happy
ZAXPACK15
nryanh94 said:

ZAXPACK15 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

We may not like Gott, but let's not start throwing around rumors that he was after underage girls, even if it is a joke
Oh I shoulda been more clear, I was referring to the moms in my head haha
WolfpackSI
Lock up Farrar/Moore/Hall/Calhoun
Struttingwolf96
Like it. Don't believe State needs to sign a C until the 2021 class.
Struttingwolf96
Is Calhoun ever gonna be put on the Watchlist? He's had an offer for a while & Springer is still on it even though when he made cut of schools State wasn't on it. Why is he still on it?
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

Is Calhoun ever gonna be put on the Watchlist? He's had an offer for a while & Springer is still on it even though when he made cut of schools State wasn't on it. Why is he still on it?
You really, really, really get hung up on that Watchlist for some reason, don't you?
PicklePacker
TheStorm said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

You really, really, really get hung up on that Watchlist for some reason, don't you?
It does seem to need an update.
Struttingwolf96
Agree, thank you.
Struttingwolf96
Just like you respond to all my post. It's like clock work.
Dunlow66
Who cares about the watchlist?

Read this thread and you will be kept up to date. Most of those guys on that chart will head elsewhere anyway.

Dont think we get the JUCO kid rigth now. Not even sure we are still in it or ever were.
Dunlow66
Va Tech looks like they will and another guard soon in Darrius Maddox. Already have Joe Bamisille for 2020 and Jalen Cone for 2019

Probably ends their recruitment of Shakeel Moore and Cam Thomas as it relates to NCSU recruiting.. They need to add some big guys.
Dunlow66
Adam Miller looks like he is Illinois to lose. Arizona State in it with Kansas watching.
Dunlow66
I'd put Shakeel Moore and Josh Hall abouve Cam Thomas right now, IMO, as far as our odds.
TheStorm
Struttingwolf96 said:

Just like you respond to all my post. It's like clock work.
I'm just surprised that you don't post your own "watchlist" here on this thread and keep it updated for everyone... I'm sure that no one here would mind.
Dunlow66
Coleman is Duke's, IMO, if they want him right now. He is still looking around and if a higher ranked guy takes a Duke scholarship, that could open Coleman up a bit.

Dad is a Va Tech alum and they need bigs so might consider them as runner up right now.
Dunlow66
Tristan Maxwell likes the Pack more than I like him. Think he is a fall back option that could get some late attention if Thomas goes elsewhere.
Dunlow66
No shot at Matt Murrell
Dunlow66
Williams is likely going to Duke

Jalen Bridges is no longer listing us

Seymore's offer may be contigent on his rehab from ACL surgery. Va Tech may have the inside track on him assuming a full recovery
Dunlow66
John Hugley should move up to maybe Top 5 on the Watchlist. Recruitment is still fluid....watch out for PItt
nryanh94
So to sum it up:

1. Shakeel Moore
2. Josh Hall
3. Cam Hayes
4. Cam Thomas (starting to lean away from us)
5. John Hugley
6. Henry Coleman (contingent on if duke wants him)

Still in it with Williams (likely Duke); Smith (likely a GA team); Maxwell (fall back option)
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

So to sum it up:

1. Shakeel Moore
2. Josh Hall
3. Cam Hayes
4. Cam Thomas (starting to lean away from us)
5. John Hugley
6. Henry Coleman (contingent on if duke wants him)

Still in it with Williams (likely Duke); Smith (likely a GA team); Maxwell (fall back option)
Seems about right to me.....any other opinions or info?

Feel free to share.
WolfpackSI
2020/2021 NC State Basketball Scholarship tracker:

Seniors(4): Braxton Beverly, Derek Funderburk, Devon Daniels*, Blake Harris,

Juniors(3): Jericole Hellems, Atticus Taylor, Thomas Allen Jr*

Sophomores(2): Manny Bates*, Dereon Seabron

Freshman(1): Farrar

Scholarships available for 2019: 3

Departures: Markell Johnson, CJ Bryce, Pat Andrees, Danny Dixon
WolfpackSI
WolfpackSI said:

Heres a roster tracker I updated for anyone interested.

Big might be a bigger need than I originally thought. Depending on how comfortable you are with Farrar contributing as a big and if you view Hall is a big or a tall wing.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

WolfpackSI said:

Heres a roster tracker I updated for anyone interested.

Big might be a bigger need than I originally thought. Depending on how comfortable you are with Farrar contributing as a big and if you view Hall is a big or a tall wing.
Taylor may be a big by then.

If we dont get Hall(or Coleman), I do think a big man becomes more of a priority
First Page Last Page
Page 196 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.