Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,216,025 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

another visit scheduled. News should break soon. Stay tuned.

Interesting. Maybe it's Williams?
Packfan8
Glad to see Moore set up a visit
nryanh94
So OVs scheduled with:

Deivon Smith
Cam Hayes
Josh Hall
Shakeel Moore

Likely to get one with:
Henry Coleman
williewolf
is pack a contender for either tristan maxwell or carter whitt?
nryanh94
williewolf said:

Maxwell is a strong pass for me.
TheWhiteWolf
With Farrar in the fold could that help with some of these other guys? I assume the NC players at least know of or talk to one another?
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

With Farrar in the fold could that help with some of these other guys? I assume the NC players at least know of or talk to one another?
Farrar didnt play a lot of big time AAU ball so I'm not sure how close he is to other top NC players that played for bigger programs. I think he played a few game with Team Loaded but not a regular with them
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

williewolf said:

Some like him but I see a 'me first' type player.

I like guys who value winning at any and all cost, even over their own stats.
PicklePacker
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

williewolf said:

Some like him but I see a 'me first' type player.

I like guys who value winning at any and all cost, even over their own stats.
doesn't really impress me.
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/ThomasAllen5_][/url]

Thomas Allen
@ThomasAllen5_

54m
Everyone keeps asking if I'm playing this year. I have no intention in asking for a waiver or anything like that. I'm redshirting and will be back the following year.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Thomas Allen
@ThomasAllen5_

54m
Everyone keeps asking if I'm playing this year. I have no intention in asking for a waiver or anything like that. I'm redshirting and will be back the following year.
Thomas has been really upfront and honest about his situation. Think hes making a really mature decision that will pay off in the long run. So glad to have him back!
ZAXPACK15
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Thomas Allen
@ThomasAllen5_

54m
Thomas has been really upfront and honest about his situation. Think hes making a really mature decision that will pay off in the long run. So glad to have him back!
It will be great if Bryce has a great year and then Allen plugs right in the year after at the 2/3.
PicklePacker
I expect Bryce to have an All-ACC type of season.
Packfan8
PicklePacker said:

I expect Bryce to have an All-ACC type of season.

I hope so and I also expect Hellems to step into a huge role this year and hopefully start by the end of the year
nryanh94

Hamilton offering KJ Keatts
PackFansXL
nryanh94 said:

Hamilton offering KJ Keatts
Cool! I'm happy for KJ!
WolfpackSI
Woahh didn't KK say KJ was already committed to the wolfpack during his introductory press conference?!??

lol in all seriousness, what is KJ's ceiling? Must be pretty good to be getting a D1 offers
IseWolf22
Would be an interesting choice if he's not ACC material. Preffered walk on with your dad's team or on scholarship at a friend of your dad. I would think he may want to go to E Kentucky and play.
Packfan8
Keatts retweeted his sons offer but since he is now a recruit and it's a no communication period (I believe) isn't that a violation. If so I hope it gets reported to compliance before it turns into something it shouldn't be
Engineer97
What if it's his own son he's retweeting?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Keatts retweeted his sons offer but since he is now a recruit and it's a no communication period (I believe) isn't that a violation. If so I hope it gets reported to compliance before it turns into something it shouldn't be

Special rules regarding children; that's why Keatts can go watch Garner Road whenever he wants and Gott could do the same with Broughton
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Special rules regarding children; that's why Keatts can go watch Garner Road whenever he wants and Gott could do the same with Broughton
still makes me wonder why Gott didnt see what Devonte Graham could do at the next level. I know he blew up as a Senior after siging with App State, but still, the talent was there. Others also missed on Graham.... they didnt have the opportunities and inside info Gott did....same could be said for Jerome Robinson.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

still makes me wonder why Gott didnt see what Devonte Graham could do at the next level. I know he blew up as a Senior after siging with App State, but still, the talent was there. Others also missed on Graham.... they didnt have the opportunities and inside info Gott did....same could be said for Jerome Robinson.

I'm fairly certain Gott just went to scout or rivals and went down the list and offered everyone in the top 100.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Gary Clark, Jerome Robinson, Devonte Graham, and to an extent Thomas Allen(we offered him really late iirc). All very good players right under Gott's nose that he whiffed on because he was too reliant of stars.
OldTuffy
The flip side of offering all the local guys no ones heard of is being out of a job before your first contract is up because they end up actually sucking. Let's not pretend there wasn't pressure from the top to get high ranked recruits. I'm not going down this rabbit hole, though. FWIW I'm glad we've locked down Nick and the Farmville kid.
WolfpackSI
OldTuffy said:

The flip side of offering all the local guys no ones heard of is being out of a job before your first contract is up because they end up actually sucking. Let's not pretend there wasn't pressure from the top to get high ranked recruits. I'm not going down this rabbit hole, though. FWIW I'm glad we've locked down Nick and the Farmville kid.

No one is asking to offer all Nc kids. But you cant tell me we didnt have room for those guys. Gott always had a few scholarships in his hand that he held onto instead of offering these kids
Packfan8
"Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late.
NC State will land two of the three mentioned above, with Hayes and Hall the likeliest. The Wolfpack are also heavily in the mix for Henry Coleman, John Hugley, Deivon Smith and Tristan Maxwell."
From Corey Evans
Struttingwolf96
I would gladly take that, but I hope the staff can maybe get the Juco kid Calhoun & I would prefer Moore over Hayes at the PG position.
Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

I would gladly take that, but I hope the staff can maybe get the Juco kid Calhoun & I would prefer Moore over Hayes at the PG position.

I personally would attack Thomas harder if possible. It would sting to lose him but you have to think the ncaa stuff comes into play since he's leaning away in the last few weeks
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

"Lastly, Thomas has been an NC State lean for a while, but the longer things have gone, the less likely it seems he will end up in Raleigh. Look for UConn with Thomas, as the Huskies have picked up ground with him of late.
NC State will land two of the three mentioned above, with Hayes and Hall the likeliest. The Wolfpack are also heavily in the mix for Henry Coleman, John Hugley, Deivon Smith and Tristan Maxwell."
From Corey Evans
I think we get Moore.

ETA....I'd take Moore, Josh Hall and Belton from Morovian and feel like we landed a solid class
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

From Corey Evans
I think we get Moore.

Would we take two lead guards?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

From Corey Evans
I think we get Moore.

Would we take two lead guards?
Possible
Struttingwolf96
I hope your right on that class. I would take it.
nryanh94
Think you get Moore and it helps with Hall
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Think you get Moore and it helps with Hall
Hall would be a great fit, IMO. Moore brings the D, Hall brings the O. Lock em both up.
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.