Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,395 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
wolfpacker7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Like the Farrar pickup. Roster starting to have some skilled size (there's a difference, sorry BeeJay).

I keep forgetting we have Terquavion Smith committed already in 2021, too. Saw this on my YouTube landing page today... looks like he's gotten a little taller or is it just me?
WolfpackSI
It just registered that Shakeel Moore and Josh Hall are both playing on the same team next year. Thats gotta work in our advantage
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

It just registered that Shakeel Moore and Josh Hall are both playing on the same team next year. Thats gotta work in our advantage

Give me the trio from Moravian, (those 2 and javarzia beltin) and that's a damn good class considering the ncaa cloud
Packfan8
Look for maxwell to follow Farrar
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

I've been under the impression that Maxwell's offer isn't commitable at this time.
TheWhiteWolf
Wonder if Keatts will use the redshirt method this year? I feel like guys need at least one year to get physically ready to play in Keatts system
Struttingwolf96
The only on I could see using a RS year is Seabron & he might not want to seeing he has already had a prep hs year. Think the Juco kid Taylor will help the team this year.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I've been under the impression that Maxwell's offer isn't commitable at this time.

Gotcha I was just saying because of his Instagram story yesterday when Farrar committed he posted "this is what we've been talking about (with an eyeball emoji)" and then deleted shortly after
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Wonder if Keatts will use the redshirt method this year? I feel like guys need at least one year to get physically ready to play in Keatts system
I like the idea of redshirting at least one freshman per year.

nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Gotcha I was just saying because of his Instagram story yesterday when Farrar committed he posted "this is what we've been talking about (with an eyeball emoji)" and then deleted shortly after

Very well may happen, I just think Keatts waits on Hayes/Smith/Thomas.

Maxwell is weird to me in that he is the size of a pg but is essentially a SG; and he doesn't have the explosiveness to make up for that lack of size.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Very well may happen, I just think Keatts waits on Hayes/Smith/Thomas.

Maxwell is weird to me in that he is the size of a pg but is essentially a SG; and he doesn't have the explosiveness to make up for that lack of size.
I'm not a big fan of Maxwell's game either.

High volume scorer but tends to take a lot of 'questionable' shot attempts and, IMO, doenst make the players around him better.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

I like the idea of redshirting at least one freshman per year.

Is anyone besides UVA consistently doing it? I think it seems like a great idea to everyone, but how many kids are OK with it?
Engineer97
http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-replay-a-look-back-at-the-rise-of-2020-nick-farrar/

He may not need a redshirt. That article is nuts.
Dunlow66
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Looks like he's developing really nicely. With 2 years left to play I could see him becoming a top 75 type kid easily
WolfpackSI
Its really assuring to have a kid already in the bag. 2 years is a long time to go. I just really hope he doesnt blow up and re-open his recruiting if the blue bloods come knocking.
nryanh94
WolfpackSI said:

Its really assuring to have a kid already in the bag. 2 years is a long time to go. I just really hope he doesnt blow up and re-open his recruiting if the blue bloods come knocking.

Always a possibility but he did call us his "dream school"
WolfpackSI
Engineer97 said:

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/phenom-replay-a-look-back-at-the-rise-of-2020-nick-farrar/

He may not need a redshirt. That article is nuts.

This kid is so eerily similar to Luke Maye in high school. His body and his skill needs a lot of polishing but hes got a nice foundation to work with. I hope our staff help him have a similar transformation like Luke did in Carolina's S&C program.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

He has some good vision and knows how to win. Where ever he ends up being ranked he will contribute to our program in 2 years. He's still really long so it wouldn't surprise me to see him get to 6'5''-6'6''
pack1502
Is Justin Wright getting (or anticipated to) high major attention? From that video it seems like he has nice court vision and a good looking shot. Didn't seem terribly athletic and he doesn't have great size.

Edit: by the looks of his phenom hoops report ranking, no.
Dunlow66
pack1502 said:

Is Justin Wright getting (or anticipated to) high major attention? From that video it seems like he has nice court vision and a good looking shot. Didn't seem terribly athletic and he doesn't have great size.

Edit: by the looks of his phenom hoops report ranking, no.
all he does is win

Love to see him end up at a HM, but if not, I think he would be a solid PG at ECU or ODU with the chance to maybe transfer 'up' in a couple of years if he wants.
Packfan8
Well I can almost bet we won't lose hall to unc. From his Instagram story it seems like they don't even have contact with him anymore. And he said he wouldn't mind playing with Farrar
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Well I can almost bet we won't lose hall to unc. From his Instagram story it seems like they don't even have contact with him anymore. And he said he wouldn't mind playing with Farrar

Cam Hayes story someone asked Duke or UNC? And he responded "or" lmao

However it does seem like UofL is gonna be a pain for us in regard to Hall and Hayes
pack1502
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

However it does seem like UofL is gonna be a pain for us in regard to Hall and Hayes
Adidas has to get us jerseys like those black Louisville ones, those are sick
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Louisville can have Hayes and we take Hall.......be fine with me.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Louisville can have Hayes and we take Hall.......be fine with me.

That'd be great, but only f we can get Smith or Moore

But at the same time my concern with that situation is if Hall decides he's going to do what Lecque did
pack1502
Surely we get one of Smith, Hayes, Moore?
Struttingwolf96
Give me Moore, Hall, & Thomas or Calhoun
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

That'd be great but I doubt they take Calhoun if they get Hall. That last spot will likley be for a center

We could always have attrition though.
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

That'd be great but I doubt they take Calhoun if they get Hall. That last spot will likley be for a center

We could always have attrition though.
My understanding is the staff would like to add 2 guards. Probably Hall or a center.

If we have attrition, look for a postgrad to fill out the roster.
HungryWolf92
Are we still feeling good about Thomas? Haven't heard much about him lately.
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Are we still feeling good about Thomas? Haven't heard much about him lately.
Some are.....hard to get much info on Thomas right now. As has been said before, this kid is a bit different. I'd expect him to be playing pro ball somewhere in 2 or 3 years. That is his goal. He could be featured at NC State if he wants it.
Packfan8
Do we have a realistic shot at smith? Obviously he likes us enough to take his first visit here but how much more ground do we need to make up?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Do we have a realistic shot at smith? Obviously he likes us enough to take his first visit here but how much more ground do we need to make up?
a lot, IMO. Not sure we are even top 3 at the moment.
Dunlow66
another visit scheduled. News should break soon. Stay tuned.
First Page Last Page
Page 194 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.