Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,593 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Been a fan for 2 years now. Wonder if Stackhouse pulls him to Vandy
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

welppack said:

Almost 18 pts on 48% from the field and 42% from three on a decent team? Sounds good to me.
Kid is a great shooter. I could see him playing the 4 in our offense.
JUCO kid? How many years of eligibility does he have?
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

welppack said:

Almost 18 pts on 48% from the field and 42% from three on a decent team? Sounds good to me.

Played for Boo Williams in the past.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

welppack said:

Played for Boo Williams in the past.
Cool, seems like a ideal wing to play in KK's system. Hope we get him.
PicklePacker
I'm no recruiting expert or great judge of talent but this kid looks like a very good prospect to me. His stroke is the kind of stroke that looks like it can catch fire rather easy, if that makes sense.
Dunlow66
[url=https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsNC][/url]Prep Hoops North Carolina

@PrepHoopsNC
[url=https://twitter.com/PrepHoopsNC][/url]

1h

Texas A&M and Rhode Island are the latest schools to offer Javarzia Belton (
@jbelton01
). He's got high-major written all over him and schools are starting to wake up. -JA
PicklePacker
FWIW, UNC hasn't reached out to Josh Hall since he went there and played in the pick up games a few weeks back. Thats good news for the Pack as I think he will end up staying close to home.
WolfpackSI
PicklePacker said:

FWIW, UNC hasn't reached out to Josh Hall since he went there and played in the pick up games a few weeks back. Thats good news for the Pack as I think he will end up staying close to home.
I know I bring this up a lot but its so damn annoying that UNC can get away with that. If we did that, some family member/coach/adviser/someone in the inner circle would be upset about it. We are competing at the same level but they get so many passes on the recruiting trail. They can just swoop in and grab any player they want.

I know, I know they earned that but holy hell is that frustrating..

I don't think we get Josh. Since he views himself as a 1+Done then he is probably looking to go to a blue blood to get on the fast track to get drafted.
PicklePacker
WolfpackSI said:

PicklePacker said:

I know I bring this up a lot but its so damn annoying that UNC can get away with that. If we did that, some family member/coach/adviser/someone in the inner circle would be upset about it. We are competing at the same level but they get so many passes on the recruiting trail. They can just swoop in and grab any player they want.

I know, I know they earned that but holy hell is that frustrating..

I don't think we get Josh. Since he views himself as a 1+Done then he is probably looking to go to a blue blood to get on the fast track to get drafted.
Watch out for Louisville
Willies1
I have give up on recruiting. All these offers and all this bull crap. Until kk signs a top prospect and he is enrolled then I will believe. And we can keep making excuses for him but the proof is in the pudding. And cuss me if you want. 52 years old watched this crap since Walter Proctor. Called the Wolfpacker hotline on Cotten. Kk is struggling. And blame it on Gottfried and the investigation if you want. Has it effected other schools like us. I thought his strong suit would be recruiting. The only person he has recruited well is Markell Johnson should be thinking our lucky stars we have him. What goods wins would we have without him if he would have left after his freshman year.
Willies1
And I know grammar is not perfect I am posting driving.
nryanh94
Willies1 said:

I have give up on recruiting. All these offers and all this bull crap. Until kk signs a top prospect and he is enrolled then I will believe. And we can keep making excuses for him but the proof is in the pudding. And cuss me if you want. 52 years old watched this crap since Walter Proctor. Called the Wolfpacker hotline on Cotten. Kk is struggling. And blame it on Gottfried and the investigation if you want. Has it effected other schools like us. I thought his strong suit would be recruiting. The only person he has recruited well is Markell Johnson should be thinking our lucky stars we have him. What goods wins would we have without him if he would have left after his freshman year.

Ok
Packfan8
Willies1 said:

We have a kid named Seabron who just so happens to be a pretty good recruit
Packfan8
WolfpackSI
Willies1 said:

And I know grammar is not perfect I am posting driving.

You know, for a guy thats been around, you sure aren't too smart. How bout you keep your eyes on the road bud...
WolfpackSI
Willies1 said:

The other schools aren't struggling because they are all more/less the flagship school in their state. Who the hell does LSU/UArizona compete against for in-state recruits? Not only are we not the flagship in our school but we also have to compete against the best coach of all time within our own state. Our adjacent state flagship school just won the NCAA. Thats why we are stuggling and the other schools aren't. Despite that, KK is still filling our roster with some solid talent. More importantly, he is RETAINING talent. This is the least roster turnover we have had in God knows how long.

KK is doing fine. I have a feeling once he firmly incorporates his system and the NCAA stuff blows over then we will really see what KK can do on the recruiting trail. K and Roy aren't gonna be around for much longer. We just gotta be patient and not "give up" after 2 recruiting cycles(Jesus Christ...)

PackFansXL
WolfpackSI said:

Willies1 said:

The other schools aren't struggling because they are all more/less the flagship school in their state. Who the hell does LSU/UArizona compete against for in-state recruits? Not only are we not the flagship in our school but we also have to compete against the best coach of all time within our own state. Our adjacent state flagship school just won the NCAA. Thats why we are stuggling and the other schools aren't. Despite that, KK is still filling our roster with some solid talent. More importantly, he is RETAINING talent. This is the least roster turnover we have had in God knows how long.

KK is doing fine. I have a feeling once he firmly incorporates his system and the NCAA stuff blows over then we will really see what KK can do on the recruiting trail. K and Roy aren't gonna be around for much longer. We just gotta be patient and not "give up" after 2 recruiting cycles. (Period)
Friendly edit.
Packfan8
Mark Williams is transferring to IMG Academy
ScoobyWolf
Maybe this has been asked and answered, if so, I apologize.

Are pictures of Dennis Smith still used in our Bball recruiting graphics?

if so, I hope that changes.
duran_duran
Willies1 said:

If you've given up on recruiting why do you feel the need to whine on a recruiting thread. We're actually trying to have a discussion here and your moaning really isn't helping.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Mark Williams is transferring to IMG Academy
Great move for him. Future pro.
98pack
ScoobyWolf said:

Maybe this has been asked and answered, if so, I apologize.

Are pictures of Dennis Smith still used in our Bball recruiting graphics?

if so, I hope that changes.

Noticed that as well. Probably not the best time to use his image.
Dunlow66
  • [url=https://twitter.com/TheShakeelMoore][/url]Shakeel Moore

@TheShakeelMoore
    [url=https://twitter.com/TheShakeelMoore][/url]

• Blessed to receive an offer from the University of Pittsburgh!

Dunlow66

Shakeel Moore

@TheShakeelMoore
    2h
    Blessed to receive an offer from Texas A&M University! #goaggies

ClePack
    Packfan8 said:

I would love another guy from Cleveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    I just don't understand how Keatts isn't out recruiting the two biggest basketball schools in our state who have two HOF coaches in year 3? Doesn't make sense
    WolfpackSI
    TheWhiteWolf said:

I just don't understand how Keatts isn't out recruiting the two biggest basketball schools in our state who have two HOF coaches in year 3? Doesn't make sense

Its cool they are gonna retire any minute now.......any minuuuuute nowww ........any minnuuuu.....
    Dunlow66
    Another 'under the radar' local big man of interest might be 2020 Jonas Aidoo of Voyager. Close to 7 foot now.

Nice length and the kid has a good outside shot. Could be a 'True' stretch 4
    Dunlow66
    Dunlow66
    [url=https://twitter.com/JamieShaw5][/url]Jamie Shaw

So here's the deal with 7' 2020 Jonas Aidoo of Voyager Academy (NC). He's only 16. If he preps he's no brainer HM

Lows & Mids if you want any chance got to offer now & get him in 2020. He's a game changer with All-League potential at that level

Brandon L. Blakney
    @BrandonLeeTV
    6'10 Jonas Aidoo (Voyager) is an intriguing long term prospect. Aido is still raw, but he's agile at 6'10, Aido runs the floor like a gazelle,he's a springy athlete, he's converted some strong finishes today, & has been aggressive on the boards. Also shoots it!
    WolfpackSI
    7 footer at age 16? Yowza

A lot of things to like but still looks pretty slow/raw. Can't imagine him being ready for high major ball in a year. Think he would be a great RS candidate
    Dunlow66
    WolfpackSI said:

A lot of things to like but still looks pretty slow/raw. Can't imagine him being ready for high major ball in a year. Think he would be a great RS candidate
    I wish we could start redshirting guys like this....one per year.

Takes some of the pressure off of a freshman big man, gives him time to add a little muscle and learn how to play a true 'big man' game....also hard to keep 13 happy so having one redshirt and one transfer sit out with 11 guys getting some PT seems like a good model, IMO
    PackFansXL
    Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Takes some of the pressure off of a freshman big man, gives him time to add a little muscle and learn how to play a true 'big man' game....also hard to keep 13 happy so having one redshirt and one transfer sit out with 11 guys getting some PT seems like a good model, IMO
    I like it!
    WolfpackSI
    Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Yea I think that would be great. 2-3 Redshirts allows you to still go 2 deep at each position.
    ScoobyWolf

First Page Last Page
    Page 188 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.