Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,054 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1985 NCSU Grad said:

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/4/5/18296225/nba-draft-2019-rules-agent-deadline

Here is a good explanation of the current rules.

Here's from the ncaa website which also explains other rules that are awaiting the approval by the nba.
"College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren't drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season."
http://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibility-going-pro-and-getting-degree
This rule could be huge in the upcoming years
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/4/5/18296225/nba-draft-2019-rules-agent-deadline

Here is a good explanation of the current rules.

Here's from the ncaa website which also explains other rules that are awaiting the approval by the nba.
"College basketball players who request an Undergraduate Advisory Committee evaluation, participate in the NBA combine and aren't drafted can return to school as long as they notify their athletics director of their intent by 5 p.m. the Monday after the draft.

This change is effective if/when the NBA and NBPA make an expected rule change, which would make undrafted student-athletes who return to college after the draft ineligible for the NBA until the end of the next college basketball season."
http://www.ncaa.org/about/flexibility-going-pro-and-getting-degree
This rule could be huge in the upcoming years
and a great step in the right direction
FergusWolf
I'm not sure about that...basically what this rule says is:

1. Every player can (and probably should) declare for the NBA draft, every year
2. The undrafted players then will be able to notify their college they are returning

So, effectively, from the end of the NCAA tournament til the Monday after the draft, every team will be in total flux. This is going to cause even more chaos, because there is no harm in declaring.

Personally, I think the baseball rules are better for team stability.
Dunlow66
FergusWolf said:

2. The undrafted players then will be able to notify there college they are returning

So, effectively, from the end of the NCAA tournament til the Monday after the draft, every team will be in total flux. This is going to cause even more chaos, because there is no harm in declaring.

You can talk baseball rules but I dont see that happening. Not a three year commitment

HS seniors should be eligible. Every college player should be eiligible to be drafted without declaring or giving up eligibility. Any player should be allowed to reject the NBA drafting team and go to school if a deal cant be reached. Draft expanded to three rounds to offset those that dont want to sign with the league. Players should be allowed legal representation when negotiating a potential NBA deal without giving up eligibility.

If those rules were in place, maybe we could get a two year commitment from kids who want a scholarship. I highly doubt you will ever see three years like baseball. Kids that still want to be 'one and done' would have to go to JUCO
Packfan8
FergusWolf said:

2. The undrafted players then will be able to notify their college they are returning

But the thing is only players invited to the combine who don't get draft could come back so it's only going to affect maybe 5 kids. There are a little over 60 players invited to the combine each year so it's not going to do much but help college basketball by allowing players to go through the entire process instead of having a guy like trevon duval last year who went undrafted that probably could've used another year in college. Sorry for getting off topic I know this should mainly be a recruiting board
Packfan8
Getting back on topic, is there any way that cone surprises anyone or is this a done deal to vt. Evan Daniels changed his pick last night from foggy to vt
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

Getting back on topic, is there any way that cone surprises anyone or is this a done deal to vt. Evan Daniels changed his pick last night from foggy to vt
Cone is gonna be a Hokie.
FergusWolf
I just wish there was a solution that helped stabilize things. I agree that HS seniors should be able to go directly to the NBA if the NBA wants them, the current 1 and done rule is silly and arbitrary at best.
Packfan8
Little bit off topic but state **** just struck us with Kaba for football so maybe some of that stuff strikes vt later. I know the numbers don't work out but Keatts will figure it out later lol
Dunlow66
Cone offically to Va Tech
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

Hello Shakeel Moore?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Hello Shakeel Moore?
Hope Seabron gets in with that scholarship and Markell returns so the need isnt as great.

If either one isnt on the roster or someone else makes a move, I think Moore would be a solid target and could go 2019(his natural class).
HungryWolf92
If Kell and Seabron are on the roster next year I'll feel good about the team. We are a different team with Kell on the court, and from what I've seen on Seabron he could help the team not take too much of a drop with Kell on the bench.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

Hello Shakeel Moore?
Hope Seabron gets in with that scholarship and Markell returns so the need isnt as great.

If either one isnt on the roster or someone else makes a move, I think Moore would be a solid target and could go 2019(his natural class).
sounds like seabron is close to qualifying
Dunlow66
Jamie Shaw @JamieShaw5 May 8
More

NC Top 80 Combine Testing via @Monster_V_P #NCTop80

(max vertical)

1. '19 Jalen Cone - 47"
2. '20 Jajuan Carr - 44"
3. '20 Shakeel Moore - 42"
4. '21 Jalen McDonald - 41"
5. '21 AJ Smith - 41"

ClePack
does anyone have a write-up or any more info on moore? 247 ranks has him unrated and rivals has him as a 2 star. Whats the draw to this young man?
Packfan8
ClePack said:

does anyone have a write-up or any more info on moore? 247 ranks has him unrated and rivals has him as a 2 star. Whats the draw to this young man?

Looks like he's been outperforming/equally performing his aau teammate cam hayes (who is a top 20 junior) from his tape but that's just highlights that don't show the true story. Never seen anything on him other then those videos but I was impressed
TheWhiteWolf
Saw we made the Top-7 for Terrance Williams, 2020 PF from DC area
1985 NCSU Grad
Seabron - Keatts has been on record stating he just has to close out the year - in other words he is fine and that expect him to be fine - he just has to finish up without hiccups.
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

Dont think we are 'top 3' in this one...at least not yet.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Seabron - Keatts has been on record stating he just has to close out the year - in other words he is fine and that expect him to be fine - he just has to finish up without hiccups.
Hope so, but I wouldnt expect Coach Keatts to say anything negative about the situation either.

This is a player one year removed from high school, but still has not qualified. I'll feel much better if and when he makes it to campus.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Word up here is UVA or Georgetown for now.

Personally think he'd fit in really well at UVA. Would be nice to get that Dematha pipeline opened back up
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

Personally think he'd fit in really well at UVA. Would be nice to get that Dematha pipeline opened back up
I think UVA ends up with Henry Coleman at that spot.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

I guess it's just dependent on if Williams has a committable offer or not. I see him deciding before Coleman
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

TheWhiteWolf said:

I guess it's just dependent on if Williams has a committable offer or not. I see him deciding before Coleman
Williams has the look of a Georgetown player to me....from a physical standpoint, looks like a 'Hoya'
HungryWolf92
Derryck Thornton as a grad transfer??
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Can we make this happen? We would literally have to lose seaborn, mj, and jalen for this to open up 1 scholly for him
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Can we make this happen? We would literally have to lose seaborn, mj, and jalen for this to open up 1 scholly for him

We'd only have to lose 2. Dixon puts us at 14 with all 3
MarOdoxPhoenician7
I would think in that scenario seaborn qualified but mj and jalen head out...so it would be seaborn and Thornton

Is thorton better than either jalen or mj?
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I would think in that scenario seaborn qualified but mj and jalen head out...so it would be seaborn and Thornton

No, he was highly regarded out of HS but been kind of a bust
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

No, he was highly regarded out of HS but been kind of a bust
and his 'circle' didnt make things any easier. I'd pass on this kid.
braz213
I know the consensus is Leque is gone, but does anyone think Dixon's offer is contingent on there being an available ship?
sf59
braz213 said:

I know the consensus is Leque is gone, but does anyone think Dixon's offer is contingent on there being an available ship?
no, there is probably other attrition that coach is aware of outside of the guys exploring the NBA. Dixon has a secure spot.
Packfan8

Another local pwo. One of my biggest complaints of the first two years of the Keatts era is not having bodies at the end of the bench for blow out games so we don't have to risk injury to key rotation players and now we're going to have two for next year. Good job Keatts
First Page Last Page
Page 166 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.