Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,366 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Boo Williams @BooWilliamsAAU 8m8 minutes ago
More

2020 Cam Thomas picks up his latest offer from Kansas
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

More

metcalfmafia
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Hahaha. Man that's one of my favorites.
NCSU1995
wufpack7 said:

Take the sarcastic tone out of the post and I'm not sure there's anything incorrect ... I would love to have that faith and not be concerned about where we're headed, so any information that can get me there will be greatly appreciated.

I feel that we have our first "coach" since Herb and our first coach putting an enjoyable product on the floor since V. That's a GREAT thing. That buys time with me.
Thunderhill
Jaywolf27 said:

One of Dunlow's favors Deshawn Crewper signed with Texas a&m went juco and signed with Texas tech after 2 years of juco.

Also people forget that V had some studs come from the juco ranks and coach Keatts recruited Chris Jones while at Louisville from juco. He was a stud for them, just a knucklehead.
Tiny Pinder....
Dunlow66
Joe GiglioVerified account @jwgiglio 7h7 hours ago
More

With the addition of grad transfer Danny Dixon, NC State's basketball roster is potentially at 14 (the NCAA scholarship limit is 13).

According to an NBA source, Jalen Lecque is "likely" staying in the draft. He has until May 29 to make an official decision
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

Let Keatts figure everything out, if we strike out on the next two classes then we will have a right to be concerned but he took the job a little over two years ago
uhh...if we strike out on the next two classes we'll be hiring a new coach lmao
PackAlpha91
Good lord man, go to bed.
ClePack
You really think a coach can survive 3 straight recruiting cycle misses? You've got some optimism
HungryWolf92
If we make the tourney 2/3 years, yes.
ClePack
fair enough
Luke12321
I hope next year is a tourney team.

If Markell returns, then we could be but it is far from a lock even if he returns.

Need to get some momentum building within the program again. Feels like we are treading water right now.

If Markell returns and Bryce, DD, Fundy, BB, Hellems all improve. I think we can do it.

ACC will be weaker next year, thank God.
PackDaddy
If Markell returns I think our ceiling is the elite eight. Or is it our roof?
TheStorm
I don't know what to make of the "happenings" this off-season, but what I can say is that some really weird **** has been going on... if there is an actual "cause and effect" behind it? Of that I have no clue.

Just along for the ride right now - and I'm definitely not in a position to judge, so I choose not to do so at this point...

And I thought I saw the word "Herb" typed somewhere in this thread? Whoever that was - Stop... Just stop!

HungryWolf92
Dun, anything new on the Cone recruitment? Was KK able to let Thompson know Cone is a priority for us?
Law of the Wolf
While, unfortunately, it seems a done deal for Cone to go to VaTech, I don't see any way, Keatts can even accept a commit from Cone unless he already knows that at least two of Seabron, Lecque and Markell will not be here. There are just no spots.
Dunlow66
Law of the Wolf said:

While, unfortunately, it seems a done deal for Cone to go to VaTech, I don't see any way, Keatts can even accept a commit from Cone unless he already knows that at least two of Seabron, Lecque and Markell will not be here. There are just no spots.
If Cone wanted to be here, there would be a spot for him, IMO.

People were saying the same thing 2 days ago about the Center position and look what happened.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Law of the Wolf said:

If Cone wanted to be here, there would be a spot for him, IMO.

People were saying the same thing 2 days ago about the Center position and look what happened.

Tennessee fans seem to think that this is gonna be like Josiah James where everyone thought he was bound to go to Clemson and picked Tennessee
nryanh94
Well it could be viewed as a good sign that Markell is retweeting a post about Keatts' summer camps
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Well it could be viewed as a good sign that Markell is retweeting a post about Keatts' summer camps

Waiting until the 29th is going to be stressful for state fans. Hopefully they both make their decisions sooner than that. Or maybe we can get a leak about Markell before he announces
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

Waiting until the 29th is going to be stressful for state fans. Hopefully they both make their decisions sooner than that. Or maybe we can get a leak about Markell before he announces

I think Lecque's decision may have just been decided for him or he's already said he isn't coming
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

I think Lecque's decision may have just been decided for him or he's already said he isn't coming

Keatts knows something or he's just playing the numbers and the likelihood that both come is very slim so he went ahead and filled a spot for depth and whoever wants to come can come
Packfan8
Cam Hayes just wished Henry Coleman a happy birthday on his Instagram story and said "future teammate?". The only schools to offer both is NC state and wake. I hate when recruits tease us
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

Cam Hayes just wished Henry Coleman a happy birthday on his Instagram story and said "future teammate?". The only schools to offer both is NC state and wake. I hate when recruits tease us
UVA has offered both.
Packfan8
metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

UVA has offered both.

Ahh I see that now, 247 reports only 4 offers for hayes
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Packfan8 said:

UVA has offered both.
Gonna be very tough to get Coleman out of Virginia.
TheDireWolf33
I would think their plan with Danny if Markell and Jalen were to come to State would be to give him an academic scholarship. While it isn't basketball related per se I know the athletics department could swing something.
FergusWolf
On the subject of "giving an academic scholarship to an athlete", I've often wondered why schools don't do this, particularly like the Alabama's and Clemson's for football. Use them to "stash" more 4 and 5 star players away for their red-shirt year.

But, I'm generally ignorant....maybe they do.
Packfan8
FergusWolf said:

On the subject of "giving an academic scholarship to an athlete", I've often wondered why schools don't do this, particularly like the Alabama's and Clemson's for football. Use them to "stash" more 4 and 5 star players away for their red-shirt year.

I'm all for it if their academic achievements warrant an academic scholarship but most of the time these guys aren't 4.0 students who deserve an academic scholarship.
WolfPacker54
FergusWolf said:

Pretty confident that's illegal
ge_traveler
Packfan8 said:

FergusWolf said:

I'm all for it if their academic achievements warrant an academic scholarship but most of the time these guys aren't 4.0 students who deserve an academic scholarship.

Bingo....
duran_duran
Packfan8 said:

FergusWolf said:

So how do we know Dixon is? Seems a little hopeful to think we could just create another scholarship for a guy like that.
nryanh94
WolfPacker54 said:

FergusWolf said:

Pretty confident that's illegal

No, it's illegal to give a regular student and athletic scholarship though.
nryanh94
duran_duran said:

Packfan8 said:

FergusWolf said:

So how do we know Dixon is? Seems a little hopeful to think we could just create another scholarship for a guy like that.

Idk what his gpa is, but he was in some kind of national honor society out of Hs
FergusWolf
Sorry, I was wandering off topic...back to recruiting.
First Page Last Page
Page 164 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.