Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,220 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

It's to the point where I hope we get Seabron.
If not, this stands to be the worst recruiting class in NC state history, yes? 0 Freshmen would be in this class.
NCSU1995
I'm still onboard but this will be year 3 of cobbled together teams and it's starting to be more and more a result of our own actions not circumstances.
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

It's to the point where I hope we get Seabron.
If not, this stands to be the worst recruiting class in NC state history, yes? 0 Freshmen would be in this class.
We could target a player with potential to reclass from 2020 to 2019
Dunlow66
Michigan State, Wisconsin and UVA are the final three for the Hauser Brothers.
twentytoe
Do you see the landscape of college basketball? All the transfers and grad transfers has an impact on recuiting hs players as well.
Da Pack since 75.
duran_duran
WOLFDAC said:

...then there are some pretty simple connect the dots answers out there in regards to Markell, of course there's summer school to get back on track.
He could have worked something out with his professors in regards to exams, I wouldn't really look at that as proof he's not coming back.
IseWolf22
duran_duran said:

WOLFDAC said:

...then there are some pretty simple connect the dots answers out there in regards to Markell, of course there's summer school to get back on track.
He could have worked something out with his professors in regards to exams, I wouldn't really look at that as proof he's not coming back.
It's been said all his classes are online this semester
PicklePacker
I would hope, the coaching staff would be monitoring Markell's situation regarding his classes.
HungryWolf92
Evan Daniels with an "undecided" prediction on Cone's crystal ball. That's interesting. Anybody seeing anything change?
Packfan8
HungryWolf92 said:

Evan Daniels with an "undecided" prediction on Cone's crystal ball. That's interesting. Anybody seeing anything change?

Well has he officially canceled his visit with Tennessee?
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Keatts went in depth with his coach last night.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Keatts went in depth with his coach last night.

Still thinking vt? Or are those vibes back?
Dunlow66
Heard PG Bede might pull out of the transfer portal and return to Va Tech.

ETA: Dont know how much impact that would have on Cone.
Packfan8

Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

Well has he officially canceled his visit with Tennessee?
I heard he did.
PicklePacker
Packfan8 said:

If he was leaving, no reason to continue with classes. At least he's given himself the option to return. I think he will.
wolfpackjb
Dunlow66 said:

If Bede did return, I would assume they would not get both Cone and Moore.
duran_duran
wolfpackjb said:

Dunlow66 said:

If Bede did return, I would assume they would not get both Cone and Moore.
Would seem so, maybe it would've been smart to hold off on offering the UMKC kid until that situation played itself out.
WolfpackSI
So this means that our last scholarship is gonna be filled by either Cone Markell or Lecque?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

So this means that our last scholarship is gonna be filled by either Cone Markell or Lecque?
It means someone currently on the roster(Markell?, Lecque?, Seabron?, mystery transfer?) will not be here when the season starts.
Luke12321
What a great get by Coach Keatts and staff.

We have reloaded next year with some quality one and done players.

Dixon is 6-10 230, you can't teach size.

We could not wait for Dixon, he was in high demand and we had to strike while the iron was hot.

He averaged 7 and 3 last season and will bring great experience and leadership to this NC State team as he comes from UMKC which had a 11 win season last year.

That type of experience at UMKC will be very valuable.

He fits great into Keatts pressing style, last year he had 6 blocks so he really knows how to use his size. Put him in the back of the press and just dare these ACC guys to try to attack Dixon at the rim.

He will only have one year with the pack but everyone brings in one and done players these days so don't worry, KK is building it the right way.

The future is bright

Essentially we traded Wyatt Walker and Dorn for Andee, Dixon, and the Juco kid. The sky is the limit with such depth and experience!

Keep up the good work coach Keatts, I am VERY excited about next year.
metcalfmafia
Luke12321 said:

We could not wait for Dixon, he was in high demand and we had to strike while the iron was hot.

He averaged 7 and 3 last season and will bring great experience and leadership to this NC State team as he comes from UMKC which had a 11 win season last year.

He fits great into Keatts pressing style, last year he had 6 blocks so he really knows how to use his size. Put him in the back of the press and just dare these ACC guys to try to attack Dixon at the rim.

He will only have one year with the pack but everyone brings in one and done players these days so don't worry, KK is building it the right way.

The future is bright

Essentially we traded Wyatt Walker and Dorn for Andee, Dixon, and the Juco kid. The sky is the limit with such depth and experience!

TheStorm
Why is Dixon wearing #4?
910wolf
metcalfmafia said:

Luke12321 said:

The future is bright

Luke12321
Troll?

I am excited man. Did you see his offers?

Solid!

2020 class is shaping up to be a monster class. They are some really good 5th year guys and JUCOS that I feel like we will land.

Our roster is very experienced next year, if Markell returns we will have 8 upperclassmen.

I like what we are doing, UVA had a very experienced team and you see what they did.

Dunlow66
delete or mock??

Y'all chooose.
warlords86
Ignored!
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

delete or mock??

Y'all chooose.
wufpack7
Take the sarcastic tone out of the post and I'm not sure there's anything incorrect about it. I mean, seriously, at this point everything is 100% dependent on your faith in a coach who is completely unproven at this level. Personally I don't see ANY factual information about this team or the current recruiting that points to any success in the future greater than (or even equal to, honestly) the minor successes we've had in the last 25 years.

Seriously, other than name-calling or simply stating that you trust KK, what would you honestly point to right now that would lead an impartial observer to think we're headed for big success in the near-to-medium future? If another school were in our exact position right now, would you be thinking they had a bright future? I would love to have that faith and not be concerned about where we're headed, so any information that can get me there will be greatly appreciated.
Packfan8
Let Keatts figure everything out, if we strike out on the next two classes then we will have a right to be concerned but he took the job a little over two years ago
metcalfmafia
wufpack7 said:

Take the sarcastic tone out of the post and I'm not sure there's anything incorrect about it. I mean, seriously, at this point everything is 100% dependent on your faith in a coach who is completely unproven at this level. Personally I don't see ANY factual information about this team or the current recruiting that points to any success in the future greater than (or even equal to, honestly) the minor successes we've had in the last 25 years.

Seriously, other than name-calling or simply stating that you trust KK, what would you honestly point to right now that would lead an impartial observer to think we're headed for big success in the near-to-medium future? If another school were in our exact position right now, would you be thinking they had a bright future? I would love to have that faith and not be concerned about where we're headed, so any information that can get me there will be greatly appreciated.
Well...

We have a coach returning for just his third year at the helm of a program that is 45-24 so far under his coaching. We return a high percentage of our production from a team that should have been in the tournament last year (a team that battled every single highly ranked team to the end).

That's all before "faith." Let the man build and yes if another school were in our exact position, returning most of their team from last year that should have been in the tourney, then I would say we have a bright future.
duran_duran
wufpack7 said:

We don't know how the roster will shake up for next season yet. If Markell comes back and Seabron qualifies then we are good enough to finish top 5 in the ACC. I would rather have some optimism amid the uncertainty rather than calling the season over before it even begins.
PicklePacker
wufpack7 said:

Dude. We barely missed the tourney last year/you could argue we deserved to get in, and it looks like we may only lose one player from that team while adding some nice pieces. A lot hinges on Markell returning, and if he does, this team will be an NCAAT team. How many "very good" grad transfer big men would want to come into the situation we are in. We've got Bates and Funderburk. Unless you feel confident that you can start over both of those two guys, you know your minutes will be limited if you come here.
wufpack7
Markell is a HUUGE part of that returning nucleus, and it has seemed to me that dunlow has been implying or flat-out saying that he doesn't think he will be back for quite a while now, so I have a hard time including Markell in any discussions about the future. Even WITH him, I think top-5 is pretty optimistic, certainly not out of the question but 4th or 5th is likely a best-case scenario if everything goes right (which it never seems to). Without him? Well, I think we'll likely be on a trend of downward win totals. (11 to 9 to 7 or so)

And I've got a diatribe in my head about how our future beyond next year looks pretty bleak unless recruiting really turns around, but it's not worth it. Basically, there's nothing to be said that will make the optimists worry, and nothing to be said that will make the worriers optimistic, so I'll try to go back to silent concern.
metcalfmafia
wufpack7 said:

Markell is a HUUGE part of that returning nucleus, and it has seemed to me that dunlow has been implying or flat-out saying that he doesn't think he will be back for quite a while now, so I have a hard time including Markell in any discussions about the future. Even WITH him, I think top-5 is pretty optimistic, certainly not out of the question but 4th or 5th is likely a best-case scenario if everything goes right (which it never seems to). Without him? Well, I think we'll likely be on a trend of downward win totals. (11 to 9 to 7 or so)

And I've got a diatribe in my head about how our future beyond next year looks pretty bleak unless recruiting really turns around, but it's not worth it. Basically, there's nothing to be said that will make the optimists worry, and nothing to be said that will make the worriers optimistic, so I'll try to go back to silent concern.

No one knows what Markell is gonna do. Any predictions are Twitter and message board conjecture.
First Page Last Page
Page 163 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.