Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,482 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
AtlWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dun- Obviously Keatts is trying to fill the roster with the turnover we have had and it looking like Seabron may not be able to qualify. So these last two years we have had to rely on transfers almost exclusively.

What is your take on the potential for a strong class in 2020?
HungryWolf92
If the 2020 class doesn't hit......
MarOdoxPhoenician7
He had interest from California and Pittsburgh
Is he a walkon? If not then who is gone?
ClePack
HungryWolf92 said:

We will have a new coach.
twentytoe
I love all the college coaches we have on the board. Keatts knows what he's doing.
Da Pack since 75.
metcalfmafia
ClePack said:

HungryWolf92 said:

We will have a new coach.
LOL
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Who?

Y'all said you wanted a big man, now you got one just at the expense of someone else like Markell or lecque. Unless he's a walkon but I doubt he grad transfers to walk on
Dunlow66
He will be on scholarship
Struttingwolf96
Remember y'all Keatts doesn't just give out schollies to fill a roster, he will hold it for next year if he has to.
Dunlow66
AtlWolf said:

Dun- Obviously Keatts is trying to fill the roster with the turnover we have had and it looking like Seabron may not be able to qualify. So these last two years we have had to rely on transfers almost exclusively.

What is your take on the potential for a strong class in 2020?
Like to see an early commit or two from that class.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Remember y'all Keatts doesn't just give out schollies to fill a roster, he will hold it for next year if he has to.

He gave out the scholarship AND held it open for next year by giving it to a postgrad.

I dont even know why you are posting here anymore.

Packfan8
Struttingwolf96 said:

He's literally a one year player. That is what those scholarships are for, Keatts knows that we won't get all three of seabron, lecque and Johnson so he's using one of those scholarships or who knows some else could be leaving. Trust me Keatts can count and this now means we will have another scholarship for the 2020 class
1985 NCSU Grad
After watching multiple highlights of him from high school, GMU and UMKC - he is the Walker replacement and he is "slightly" more athletic than Wyatt Walker that can give us those few minutes that we need without tying up a scholarship for several years. We do not need a 25-30 minute guy - we need a big man for 10-15 minutes and usually in 3-5 minute spurts to help keep fouls down and when in the game - provide some defense and grab some rebounds, make good passes and maybe make a few shots or put backs....
Packfan8
1985 NCSU Grad said:

After watching multiple highlights of him from high school, GMU and UMKC - he is the Walker replacement and he is "slightly" more athletic than Wyatt Walker that can give us those few minutes that we need without tying up a scholarship for several years. We do not need a 25-30 minute guy - we need a big man for 10-15 minutes and usually in 3-5 minute spurts to help keep fouls down and when in the game - provide some defense and grab some rebounds, make good passes and maybe make a few shots or put backs....

Agreed basically he's there to give you 5 more fouls and an insurance policy in case of an injury or foul trouble in a game. Not the best big man but definitely someone you can trust if you have to
dogplasma
Well, this is confirmation that one of the three (MJ, JL, or DS) won't be here in the fall. It's just not public knowledge who it is (apparently).
1985 NCSU Grad
Now we wait to see what Jalen Cone does on Thursday at 3:45 pm...since he is reclassifying where does he end up at...hopefully the Wolfpack.
Dunlow66
Looks like a better three point shooter than Funderburke.
Dunlow66
1985 NCSU Grad said:

Now we wait to see what Jalen Cone does on Thursday at 3:45 pm...since he is reclassifying where does he end up at...hopefully the Wolfpack.
Va Tech
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

1985 NCSU Grad said:

Agreed basically he's there to give you 5 more fouls and an insurance policy in case of an injury or foul trouble in a game. Not the best big man but definitely someone you can trust if you have to
The kid can also shoot freethrows and will hit the three if you leave him open.
nryanh94
1985 NCSU Grad said:

It's pretty much known he's going to vt at this point
AtlWolf
dogplasma said:

Well, this is confirmation that one of the three (MJ, JL, or DS) won't be here in the fall. It's just not public knowledge who it is (apparently).
I think Lecque is going to stay in the draft. The real question is does MJ comeback or Seabron qualify?
1985 NCSU Grad
I look at him as our "Jack Salt of UVa type of sub" where his minutes will vary from game to game but he will hustle and make plays and do his job with heart and give 110% and help us hold ground while in the game and giving the others rest.
HungryWolf92
Boy I know how to stir the pot...I was waiting for that response
HungryWolf92
Screaming for attention.
WOLFDAC
What I'd like to know is...did Markell finish the spring semester, because exams are about to hit. He didn't get invited to the combine and apparently wasn't offered a G League spot...so, come back and be one of the if not best G in the ACC for his senior year or go overseas...was told he will not sit one to play one.
RDUwolfpack
WOLFDAC said:

What I'd like to know is...did Markell finish the spring semester, because exams are about to hit. He didn't get invited to the combine and apparently wasn't offered a G League spot...so, come back and be one of the if not best G in the ACC for his senior year or go overseas...was told he will not sit one to play one.

Exams are practically over.
WOLFDAC
...then there are some pretty simple connect the dots answers out there in regards to Markell, of course there's summer school to get back on track.
ClePack
WOLFDAC said:

...then there are some pretty simple connect the dots answers out there in regards to Markell, of course there's summer school to get back on track.
you make a good point. Markell has been training/in cleveland for the last few weeks. Probably wasn't taking exams...
Dunlow66
It's to the point where I hope we get Seabron.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Say he doesn't qualify, does the staff still honor the commitment and wait a year on him while he goes the juco route or do they move on?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Say he doesn't qualify, does the staff still honor the commitment and wait a year on him while he goes the juco route or do they move on?
No idea. I would imagine he would just reopen his recruitment and we would go from there.

Maybe they like him enough to wait while he burns a year of eligibility in JUCO.

I'm hoping he gets in. Really like his game and that prep year looks to have helped him improve on it.
Bulldogwolf27
One of Dunlow's favors Deshawn Crewper signed with Texas a&m went juco and signed with Texas tech after 2 years of juco.

Also people forget that V had some studs come from the juco ranks and coach Keatts recruited Chris Jones while at Louisville from juco. He was a stud for them, just a knucklehead.
WolfPacker54
Could Seabron go to juco for 1 semester then transfer or do they have to go for the full year?
AtlWolf
Dunlow66 said:

I take this to mean that you don't think MJ returns?
Packfan8
I'm sure the staff has contingency plans in place. If we don't get any of seabron, Johnson or lecque then the staff would really have no choice but attempt to get a waiver for Thomas Allen (coach firing and going closer to home) which will mean Blake/Braxton split time at the 1
First Page Last Page
Page 162 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.