Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,326 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Packfan8 said:

Rivals has updated their 2020 and 2021 rankings. In 2020 some key targets made the top 150, Seymour(142 hope the staff continues to recruit dispite his injury), Matthew murrell(110), Terrence Williams (98), josh hall (59 huge jump like I said last week when 247 ranked him 171), Zach Loveday (54), Williams (51), Coleman (41), and cam thomas (22). In 2021 whitt(46), and Hayes (16). Probably missed a few recruits but these are the guys that are mostly talked about
Gotta land 2-3 of those 2020 kids
Packfan8
Sure hope so, the staff has had time to build relationships with these guys and it can be the turning point in our program. Kinda like the 2014 football class
1985 NCSU Grad
https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/05/06/80-players-invited-to-nba-g-league-elite-camp/

MJ was not invited to the G-League combine.
ClePack
Acb0110 said:

I know some are panicking about recruiting but let's look at the class this year. Leque, Seabron, Andree, Atticus. I know Seabron has not qualified and Leque may not show up, but you still have to take those guys. They are great players. You can't predict what is happening with them right now. I still think we get one of MJ or Leque back and I think Seabron will qualify. No inside info, just a hunch. All of that with players getting older and better, I think the team will be just fine next season. We literally have a possible 13 guys that can contribute. That is pretty unheard of on any roster, unless you WVU. I am also excited about seeing what type of leap Hellems takes this year. I feel like the biggest leaps happen Freshman to Sophomore year. Maybe some of the guys that were sophomores last season take a step as well, specifically DJ. Lot's of potential here and that is all you can ask for.
I see what you're saying, the issue though is we can play devil's advocate. This class may as well end up with two people, Atticus and one year of andree. That would be unacceptable at the ACC level. Let's hope it doesn't end up this way, but it very well could.
PackAlpha91
I don't think that will happen.
ClePack
PackAlpha91 said:

I don't think that will happen.
for the record, neither do i. But it's possible. We've seen some crazy stuff happen.
TriangleDreamer
Packfan8 said:

Wow Patrick Williams cracks the top 30. What a miss that was.... oh well

Really feel like we missed on Williams because we had SKJ sitting on the bench expecting to play next year. Just shows how a recruit that doesn't pan out cuts you twice.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Yep exactly people keep forgetting we had SKJ coming in and that changed a lot of stuff
Packfan8
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

Yep exactly people keep forgetting we had SKJ coming in and that changed a lot of stuff

He really screwed a lot up, lost Steere because he couldn't see himself playing much in his first few seasons, and then we didn't have much time to fill his scholarship because all of the players that we were recruiting before had already committed else where
Packfan8
1985 NCSU Grad said:

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/05/06/80-players-invited-to-nba-g-league-elite-camp/

MJ was not invited to the G-League combine.

Hopefully this gives him the message that nba teams don't like him yet, unless he's stuck on going overseas then he should be back
Dunlow66
TriangleDreamer said:

Packfan8 said:

Wow Patrick Williams cracks the top 30. What a miss that was.... oh well

Really feel like we missed on Williams because we had SKJ sitting on the bench expecting to play next year. Just shows how a recruit that doesn't pan out cuts you twice.
SKJ couldnt shoot from outside and was strictly a potential post player for us. Had no impact on Williams and I am not so sure Williams was ever enamored with playing at NC State. Even if he passed on FSU, we still likely would not have gotten him,IMO
Acb0110
MJ and Lecque have talked, i'm sure. If they are smart, they realize the potential attention they would get playing together for a year. Especially with the roster we have now. That's a team that can contend on a national level, and with Keats system, they would show out. There is money to be made in that scenario for both of them. They will only make each other better.
Packfan8
With Markell not getting an invite to either combine I would expect him to get a few more workouts and then officially make a decision. Hopefully Keatts can give him what he needs to hear and he comes back but as dun has said he's hearing conflicting things on Markell. Maybe things are getting better as the days go on but losing carr can't hwlp our case
Packfan8
ncstats
ClePack said:

Acb0110 said:

I know some are panicking about recruiting but let's look at the class this year. Leque, Seabron, Andree, Atticus. I know Seabron has not qualified and Leque may not show up, but you still have to take those guys. They are great players. You can't predict what is happening with them right now. I still think we get one of MJ or Leque back and I think Seabron will qualify. No inside info, just a hunch. All of that with players getting older and better, I think the team will be just fine next season. We literally have a possible 13 guys that can contribute. That is pretty unheard of on any roster, unless you WVU. I am also excited about seeing what type of leap Hellems takes this year. I feel like the biggest leaps happen Freshman to Sophomore year. Maybe some of the guys that were sophomores last season take a step as well, specifically DJ. Lot's of potential here and that is all you can ask for.
I see what you're saying, the issue though is we can play devil's advocate. This class may as well end up with two people, Atticus and one year of andree. That would be unacceptable at the ACC level. Let's hope it doesn't end up this way, but it very well could.
Can't make a recruit show up to class. Leque was a riskier bet that I don't think will pan out.
HungryWolf92
Some twitter folk already saying MJ and JL are gone. I'm hoping they have no idea. Could be they have Premium content that I don't.
nryanh94
HungryWolf92 said:

Some twitter folk already saying MJ and JL are gone. I'm hoping they have no idea. Could be they have Premium content that I don't.

I can tell you that there's been no premium content on any of the 3 sites saying Markell or Lecque are definitely gone. With that being said I think they are
WolfPacker54
So is Seabron an acceptable recruit now that he is in the 50-100 ranking range? Asking for a "friend"
nryanh94
WolfPacker54 said:

So is Seabron an acceptable recruit now that he is in the 50-100 ranking range? Asking for a "friend"

****, I've always thought of him as a top 50 kid. He looked really good against Brewster
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

still got to qualify

Seabron played his public school ball close to where I live and a lot of people wondered why he went the prep route instead of going to college after HS. I guess now we know why. He was a stud as a senior and dominated the State playoffs in VA.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

HungryWolf92 said:

I can tell you that there's been no premium content on any of the 3 sites saying Markell or Lecque are definitely gone. With that being said I think they are
ugh
Packfan8
Cone has been spotted shooting a video in a red shirt, probably just his high school shirt but it seems like he will release a video with his commitment as well
HungryWolf92
Lmao you're like the Bryan Windhorst of Jalenn Cone updates
Packfan8
Just his sisters Instagram story lol. Social media is such a powerful tool for recruiting. Looks like the shirt said "jiant" whatever that means
ClePack
haha I am actually all for the social media updates. Sometimes it's a good way to find things out
Dunlow66
Phenom_Exposure @PhenomExposure 12h12 hours ago
More

6'5 2020 Dji Bailey of Greenfield (NC) / Garner Road has committed to Wake Forest
ClePack

Who?
ClePack
could this be the kid in the pictures from above?
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

Who?

Who??
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
metcalfmafia
WolfpackSI said:

ClePack said:

Who?

Who??
WolfpackSI
I hope thats a freakin walk on
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
HungryWolf92
John Doe. Big white guy. Vandy. The Danny Dixon.
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

could this be the kid in the pictures from above?
yep
Dunlow66
Kid was at George Mason in the A10 for 2 years before tranfering
1985 NCSU Grad
http://gmuhoops.co/2015/04/28/610-forward-danny-dixon-commits-to-george-mason/#sthash.6gNNyZ68.dpbs

High School Highlights
First Page Last Page
Page 161 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.