Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,810 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cone has also picked up 2 cbs today for vt, not looking good but Keatts could possibly change his mind but he would need to know for certain about Markell or lecque before he can come here
Packfan8

Interesting...
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Interesting...

Vandy?
Packfan8
That's what I was thinking, also would he be allowed to take a recruit to a hockey game?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

That's what I was thinking, also would he be allowed to take a recruit to a hockey game?

I had the same question, but apparently he took Atticus
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I had the same question, but apparently he took Atticus

Didn't know that. This is what that ncaa website says "The school can pay for the following for you and your parents/guardians: transportation to and from the campus, lodging throughout your visit, three meals per day and three tickets to a home sports event." it doesn't specify that it has to be the college sporting event so maybe he can do that to get the recruits to see what the city is like
metcalfmafia
Do we even know that guy was with Keatts? Haha
Packfan8
No clue lol but being a state fan is all about speculating about the little things
metcalfmafia
Packfan8 said:

No clue lol but being a state fan is all about speculating about the little things

Trust me, I do it all the time man.
ClePack
I guess there is nothing to do but wait now. If JL or Markell don't return, I have no idea were we'll get more bodies from
woody wolfpacker
Another thing about Cone that I haven't seen mentioned is that he is apparently related to Landers Nolley the redshirt freshman at VT.
Thunderhill
So who is the guy in the pic?
Packfan8
Thunderhill said:

So who is the guy in the pic?

Rn his name is John Doe until someone either confirms that someone else went on a visit while Taylor was visiting or it was just a random tall guy walking next to Keatts for a while.
PackDaddy
Maybe he was just asking Keatts for a ship since we supposedly have so many to give out
duran_duran
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Interesting...

Vandy?
That's my guess, Vandenberg is on the player guest list for every basketball game and I think still hangs out with the team. Impossible to tell obviously but looks like it could be him
IseWolf22
duran_duran said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Interesting...

Vandy?
That's my guess, Vandenberg is on the player guest list for every basketball game and I think still hangs out with the team. Impossible to tell obviously but looks like it could be him

Vandy doesn't really look like a "Young fella" of recruit age. And I would hope the original tweeter would recognize him
Packfan8
IseWolf22 said:

duran_duran said:

nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

Interesting...

Vandy?

Vandy doesn't really look like a "Young fella" of recruit age. And I would hope the original tweeter would recognize him

Especially since he works for sports channel 8
PicklePacker
watching the season highlights for Atticus and Im seeing why Keatts and Buzz like him. Think Marcus Melvin.
nryanh94
https://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Miller-46036282/

Siddle recently started following Adam Miller, big time prospect from Chicago for 2020
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Adam-Miller-46036282/

Siddle recently started following Adam Miller, big time prospect from Chicago for 2020
Illinois has been on this kid for a while. Louisville is also high on Miller's list.
Packfan8
Any chance that we can get Kenya hunter on the staff, I know dun has talked about how good he is at recruiting our area. Maybe move Roy Roberson to dobo
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Any chance that we can get Kenya hunter on the staff, I know dun has talked about how good he is at recruiting our area. Maybe move Roy Roberson to dobo
Doubt it, Keatts likes to keep in in house from what we've seen
Struttingwolf96
Sometimes you gotta change things up. Look at what Doeren did with the football staff over time. It's been a plus imo.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Sometimes you gotta change things up. Look at what Doeren did with the football staff over time. It's been a plus imo.

I'm not arguing that he should keep it that way by any means lol. My biggest critic of Keatts is the staff he put together
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I'm not arguing that he should keep it that way by any means lol. My biggest critic of Keatts is the staff he put together
I really liked Hamilton
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

I really liked Hamilton

I though Hamilton was good, unfortunately we only had him for a year. JJ is alright but isn't an elite recruiter, Siddle is very young and unproven, and Roberson is a financial advisor...
nryanh94
Seabron moves up to 88 in the final 247 rankings
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

He gonna qualify?
nryanh94
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

He gonna qualify?

No clue, hope so
Struttingwolf96
I really hope so, seems like the kind of team player that will get better every year. Plus he looks like he fits the type of player Keatts is wanting.
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

This should show how well Keatts evaluates talent, the kid was unranked when he first took his official visit I believe
Packfan8
Wow Patrick Williams cracks the top 30. What a miss that was.... oh well
Acb0110
I know some are panicking about recruiting but let's look at the class this year. Leque, Seabron, Andree, Atticus. I know Seabron has not qualified and Leque may not show up, but you still have to take those guys. They are great players. You can't predict what is happening with them right now. I still think we get one of MJ or Leque back and I think Seabron will qualify. No inside info, just a hunch. All of that with players getting older and better, I think the team will be just fine next season. We literally have a possible 13 guys that can contribute. That is pretty unheard of on any roster, unless you WVU. I am also excited about seeing what type of leap Hellems takes this year. I feel like the biggest leaps happen Freshman to Sophomore year. Maybe some of the guys that were sophomores last season take a step as well, specifically DJ. Lot's of potential here and that is all you can ask for.
Packfan8
Acb0110 said:

I know some are panicking about recruiting but let's look at the class this year. Leque, Seabron, Andree, Atticus. I know Seabron has not qualified and Leque may not show up, but you still have to take those guys. They are great players. You can't predict what is happening with them right now. I still think we get one of MJ or Leque back and I think Seabron will qualify. No inside info, just a hunch. All of that with players getting older and better, I think the team will be just fine next season. We literally have a possible 13 guys that can contribute. That is pretty unheard of on any roster, unless you WVU. I am also excited about seeing what type of leap Hellems takes this year. I feel like the biggest leaps happen Freshman to Sophomore year. Maybe some of the guys that were sophomores last season take a step as well, specifically DJ. Lot's of potential here and that is all you can ask for.

Agreed the staff took some risks this year but you expect a kid to qualify which he still has time for and a kid who isn't even a top 40 high school player is testing his draft potential. Sometimes things are just not in your control
Packfan8
Rivals has updated their 2020 and 2021 rankings. In 2020 some key targets made the top 150, Seymour(142 hope the staff continues to recruit dispite his injury), Matthew murrell(110), Terrence Williams (98), josh hall (59 huge jump like I said last week when 247 ranked him 171), Zach Loveday (54), Williams (51), Coleman (41), and cam thomas (22). In 2021 whitt(46), and Hayes (16). Probably missed a few recruits but these are the guys that are mostly talked about
First Page Last Page
Page 160 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.