Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,223,896 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

I'm a huge Keatts supporter, but it's gonna be a bad look if he loses Cone to a coach that's only been at Vt for a month, and then follows it up with not retaining one of Markell or Lecque
Honestly, the reason we'll end up losing cone is because we waited so long to offer him. Keatts messed up with that one, and has made several gaffs on the recruiting trail so far in his career. Hopefully he turns it around
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I'm a huge Keatts supporter, but it's gonna be a bad look if he loses Cone to a coach that's only been at Vt for a month, and then follows it up with not retaining one of Markell or Lecque
Tech did retain the asst coach who was recruiting Cone before Buzz left. Also close friends with Landers Nolley who just removed his name from the Transfer Portal at Tech.

I mean that's fine and all, but Keatts tolled the dice I'm hoping he'd have Markell/Lecque and now could very well lose both and not have a true backup plan
I'll repeat what I have said before....if we miss on Cone, lets get Shakeel Moore on campus and push for a commit.

He could end up being a better fit for us, especially short term.

I agree with you, but you made it sound like tech was getting both. We don't know if Keatts will even offer
Tech thinks they are

Cone just visited, Moore is there this weekend.

I honestly think they are playing them against each other to entice one of them to commit earlier than expected.

So why wouldn't they take both?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Big Jalen Cone news coming, maybe a college decision by Thursday.

Trying to find out of Va Tech is the landing spot.

So the news is coming tonight and then more news Thursday?
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech did retain the asst coach who was recruiting Cone before Buzz left. Also close friends with Landers Nolley who just removed his name from the Transfer Portal at Tech.

I mean that's fine and all, but Keatts tolled the dice I'm hoping he'd have Markell/Lecque and now could very well lose both and not have a true backup plan
I'll repeat what I have said before....if we miss on Cone, lets get Shakeel Moore on campus and push for a commit.

Any idea on if we are recruiting for either class? have to think that Siddle followed him on Twitter for some reason
Struttingwolf96
Glad to hear & see someone else notices that Keatts seems to wait to long to give out offers. It's gonna back fire on him if he keeps making these bad judgment calls. This isn't Hargrave where it's like there the unc/duke of prep schools. This is NC State where you got to put your work in & stay persistent when it comes to recruiting kids. Can't wait to the last minute & let kids fall in your lap. Hope Keatts realizes this sooner rather than later. I hope he has some inside knowledge that My & Lecque will be in Raleigh later this year. Or maybe the Aluma kid will transfer in & State will only lose just one of MJ or Lecque.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I agree with you, but you made it sound like tech was getting both. We don't know if Keatts will even offer
Tech thinks they are

I honestly think they are playing them against each other to entice one of them to commit earlier than expected.

Very similar players. Not sure they could play togeather. Tech also has other players they are recruitng at SG in 2019 and may want a little 'scholarship spacing' when it comes to smallish PGs

ETA: They currently have no Centers or PFs on the roster. I would think they want a couple of bigs as either postgrads, transfers or HS recruits
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech thinks they are

Very similar players. Not sure they could play togeather. Tech also has other players they are recruitng at SG in 2019 and may want a little 'scholarship spacing' when it comes to smallish PGs

ETA: They currently have no Centers or PFs on the roster. I would think they want a couple of bigs as either postgrads, transfers or HS recruits

For what it's worth VT buddy who is usually pretty in the know (knew they were hiring Young well b4 it was announced) said Cone to VT is done, and Shakeel Moore will likley happen in the next week.
ge_traveler
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech thinks they are

For what it's worth VT buddy who is usually pretty in the know (knew they were hiring Young well b4 it was announced) said Cone to VT is done, and Shakeel Moore will likley happen in the next week.

Let's just hope Cone heard some news on Kell and Lecque that he didn't like and that is why he is making his decision now.
Packfan8
ge_traveler said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech thinks they are

Let's just hope Cone heard some news on Kell and Lecque that he didn't like and that is why he is making his decision now.

Hope so, didn't he say he didn't want to rush a decision and he wanted to see how everything plays out or am I making that up?
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

ge_traveler said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech thinks they are

Hope so, didn't he say he didn't want to rush a decision and he wanted to see how everything plays out or am I making that up?

He said something along the lines of waiting to see who stays in the draft
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

ge_traveler said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech thinks they are

He said something along the lines of waiting to see who stays in the draft

A state fan over thinking about what a recruit does: "this must mean that Keatts told cone that lecque and Markell were coming" lol
ClePack
Struttingwolf96 said:

Glad to hear & see someone else notices that Keatts seems to wait to long to give out offers. It's gonna back fire on him if he keeps making these bad judgment calls. This isn't Hargrave where it's like there the unc/duke of prep schools. This is NC State where you got to put your work in & stay persistent when it comes to recruiting kids. Can't wait to the last minute & let kids fall in your lap. Hope Keatts realizes this sooner rather than later. I hope he has some inside knowledge that My & Lecque will be in Raleigh later this year. Or maybe the Aluma kid will transfer in & State will only lose just one of MJ or Lecque.
agree 100%. And you bring up an interesting point, could this maybe mean JL and Kell are coming?
PicklePacker
Lecque hasn't even hit the combine yet. He's not gonna make a decision before that. Markell, maybe. But not JL.
Dunlow66
I keep hearing conflicting info on Markell.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Do you really think you are the only one who notices stuff like that?

Get over it.

Some of us wanted to offer Cone before you even created this account.

Hell, I STILL want Gary Clark.

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

I've heard from more people that he's gone than those that think he stays.
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

I've heard from more people that he's gone than those that think he stays.
Then hit the bricks. But if he's gone, what's he waiting for? Go ahead and announce it. At least give us time to make a move before all options are gone.
Packfan8
This cone situation reminds me of McGowens last year, reclassifies and goes to an acc school that is despite for bodies
Dunlow66

Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

This cone situation reminds me of McGowens last year, reclassifies and goes to an acc school that is despite for bodies
McGowens ended up being a great addition AND his younger brother looks even better.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

McGowens ended up being a great addition AND his younger brother looks even better.

Yeah he had multiple 30 point games in conference play, a bit off topic but Pitt was 4-0 last year when he scored 20 or more points 3-0 in acc
Dunlow66
@BigShotsNation
FollowingFollowing @BigShotsNation
More

Two of NC's best in 2021 Elijah Jamison & Jalen McDonald of @teamloadednc look to posterize you at the rim. They play with that edge you love to have on your team

6'2 PG Elijah Jamison
Offers: Ole Miss

6'5 SG Jalen McDonald
Offers: Ole Miss, Murray St +

#BIGSHOTS #TeamLoaded

Packfan8
McDonald can absolutely jump out the gym
Packfan8
Looks like vt might get samari Curtis at some point, mike young might piece together a solid class for the future
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Looks like vt might get samari Curtis at some point, mike young might piece together a solid class for the future
I think Curtis is a Va Tech lock right now.
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Tech kicking our ass right now.
duran_duran
Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Gotta respect Mike Young for making something out of such a bleak situation
Dunlow66
duran_duran said:

Dunlow66 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

Gotta respect Mike Young for making something out of such a bleak situation
and I'm just kidding around about them kicking our ass. No surprise the kid followed his coach much like Bryce did with Keatts.
Packfan8
On jalen cones brothers Instagram story there is a vt balloon in the house, it could be from his visit that he took with him because it looked a little deflated
oceanclub
You can spit shine anything you want and excuse any isolated case, but as a whole, our ability to recruit is still in question. Losing Cone to va tech will be brushed aside, but if carter Witt and cam Hayes goes elsewhere then boo might need to step in and help assess the issue.
duran_duran
oceanclub said:

You can spit shine anything you want and excuse any isolated case, but as a whole, our ability to recruit is still in question. Losing Cone to va tech will be brushed aside, but if carter Witt and cam Hayes goes elsewhere then boo might need to step in and help assess the issue.
I don't think Coach Keatts would take very kindly to the new AD interfering in an area where he has no expertise. We hired Keatts to bring in talent, we need to let him work it out
oceanclub
A strong AD can bring a lot to the table. If yow had been here, she might have helped chuck. Just a fresh set of eyes is what i meant.
Engineer97
Dunlow66 said:

This afternoon in Asheville, Keatts sounded far from certain.
Packfan8

We made top 6, Keatts needs to bring the whole staff for an in home and get him to think about his options a little longer
First Page Last Page
Page 159 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.