Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,939 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
WOLFDAC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fantastic...and concerning Kirk...he never would have left if he played for KK...he would have been utilized.
williewolf
wolfpacker7 said:

Feel like he has a lot of potential. Thinking he benefits rotating with Andree first year.
i'm not sure how rotation will look at 4 next year...........i would guess dj, hellems, andree, and atticus all would be considered primarily a best fit at 4 but maybe dj shares the 5 spot with bates and plays alongside one of the others
Packfan8

Seems pretty impressive to me
Thunderhill
7'2" wingspan. Last guy at State with a 7'2" wingspan weighed a hundred pounds more. This one will hopefully have more productivity.
WolfpackSI
Thunderhill said:

7'2" wingspan. Last guy at State with a 7'2" wingspan weighed a hundred pounds more. This one will hopefully have more productivity.

Didn't beejay have like a 7'8 wingspan or something? I vaguely recall is being a ncaa record or something
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfpackSI
Could Atticus be taking over Seabron's scholarship?
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
metcalfmafia
Thunderhill said:

You're hoping for more productivity than the best shot blocker in NC State history?
NatePait94
WolfpackSI said:

Thunderhill said:

Didn't beejay have like a 7'8 wingspan or something? I vaguely recall is being a ncaa record or something

I believe it was 7'9" and it was definitely an NCAA record.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

Could Atticus be taking over Seabron's scholarship?
I think he is taking Walker's
Dunlow66
williewolf said:

wolfpacker7 said:

Feel like he has a lot of potential. Thinking he benefits rotating with Andree first year.
i'm not sure how rotation will look at 4 next year...........i would guess dj, hellems, andree, and atticus all would be considered primarily a best fit at 4 but maybe dj shares the 5 spot with bates and plays alongside one of the others
Unless we get another big man, DJ will spend all his time as a 5.

Andree, IMO, gets starters minutes at the 4. Atticus will have to work his way into the rotation as a PF or maybe even a 'small ball' center.

Hellems is the wild card.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Thunderhill said:

You're hoping for more productivity than the best shot blocker in NC State history?
Offense, rebounding, ability to run the court......certainly hope so

Honeslty, I wouldnt want another Anya on defense with this team. Went for so many shot block attempts that he was far to often out of position to get a defensive rebound.
TheStorm
Anya was "good" for one (1) season... his sophomore year. Everything else basically just became a wasted opportunity on his part.
Dunlow66
Engineer97 said:

I think I'm pertaining more to them having the number 5 recruiting class for 2019?

As far as Arizona, I'll take your word for it.
ESPNVerified account @espn 14m14 minutes ago
More

The NCAA has launched an investigation into the Arizona men's basketball program, a university spokesman confirmed to the Arizona Daily Star in Tucson on Friday night.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Thunderhill said:

Honeslty, I wouldnt want another Anya on defense with this team. Went for so many shot block attempts that he was far to often out of position to get a defensive rebound.

Touche. I do think that Anya deserves a little more respect in the record books than just being overweight. Dude was really good at one thing. We've had several players through the years that were only good at one thing that get more respect than him.
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Thunderhill said:

Touche. I do think that Anya deserves a little more respect in the record books than just being overweight. Dude was really good at one thing. We've had several players through the years that were only good at one thing that get more respect than him.
I stil wonder what could have been with Anya if he would have just worked more on his fitness.
PackDaddy
Can we just rename this to Dunlow's thread? That's the only reason people come here
Engineer97
Very interesting.
Packfan8
Dun, do you think Markell will wait until May 29th to announce his decision or will he do it sooner?
Packfan8
nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

I'm shocked bigger schools havent come into play yet. But they will
gopack_83
Packfan8 said:

I'd love to have him committed soon
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

I'm shocked bigger schools havent come into play yet. But they will

Me too that's why I posted this, it wasn't really anything ew but it also didn't include unc, Duke or Kentucky which is always good for us
Dunlow66
Big Jalen Cone news coming, maybe a college decision by Thursday.

Trying to find out of Va Tech is the landing spot.
wufpack7
Great. Cone was a huge reason for any optimism I had for the future. And we look like we're going to lose him to Wofford's coach? Yay us.
wolfpackfan00
Dunlow66 said:

Could he just be announcing that he's officially reclassifying?
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Could he just be announcing that he's officially reclassifying?

I think there is more to it than that.
Dunlow66
Hope we really push for Shakeel Moore if Cone does go elsewhere.

Top100 talent even if the rankings dont say so yet.
sf59
Only thing worse than missing on a recruit is missing on the back up options.
nryanh94
I'm a huge Keatts supporter, but it's gonna be a bad look if he loses Cone to a coach that's only been at Vt for a month, and then follows it up with not retaining one of Markell or Lecque
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

I'm a huge Keatts supporter, but it's gonna be a bad look if he loses Cone to a coach that's only been at Vt for a month, and then follows it up with not retaining one of Markell or Lecque
Tech did retain the asst coach who was recruiting Cone before Buzz left. Also close friends with Landers Nolley who just removed his name from the Transfer Portal at Tech.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Tech did retain the asst coach who was recruiting Cone before Buzz left. Also close friends with Landers Nolley who just removed his name from the Transfer Portal at Tech.

I mean that's fine and all, but Keatts tolled the dice I'm hoping he'd have Markell/Lecque and now could very well lose both and not have a true backup plan
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I mean that's fine and all, but Keatts tolled the dice I'm hoping he'd have Markell/Lecque and now could very well lose both and not have a true backup plan
I'll repeat what I have said before....if we miss on Cone, lets get Shakeel Moore on campus and push for a commit.

He could end up being a better fit for us, especially short term.
Dunlow66
and still no confirmation other than Cone will be in the 2019 class and Tech thinks they are in a strong spot...post OV.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I'll repeat what I have said before....if we miss on Cone, lets get Shakeel Moore on campus and push for a commit.

I agree with you, but you made it sound like tech was getting both. We don't know if Keatts will even offer
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

I agree with you, but you made it sound like tech was getting both. We don't know if Keatts will even offer
Tech thinks they are

Cone just visited, Moore is there this weekend.

I honestly think they are playing them against each other to entice one of them to commit earlier than expected.
First Page Last Page
Page 158 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.