Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,215,798 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
nryanh94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Hoping that unc doesn't get in on hall because he's one like cam Thomas that I really want
Hall and Thomas would be outstanding additions.

So Hayes-UNC/ Whitt-UVA. Are there any kids you think we'll get? Or are things looking bleak
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Hoping that unc doesn't get in on hall because he's one like cam Thomas that I really want

So Hayes-UNC/ Whitt-UVA. Are there any kids you think we'll get? Or are things looking bleak
Remember, Hayes may not get the UNC offer so I dont think we are out of it yet.

Wouldnt be suprised to see Whitt reclass, commit to UVA then redshirt a year give some scholarhip spacing with Carson McCorkle already on board for 2020.

Of course that could change if UVA uses 2 scholarships on the Hausers
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Still a lot of time for that class. Lets see who we get to visit.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

How do you feel about our chances with Thomas. Are we the leader? Or is he waiting for a blue blood
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

How do you feel about our chances with Thomas. Are we the leader? Or is he waiting for a blue blood
Have not heard a lot either way but he is performing like a kid who will get targetted by the big boys.
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Have not heard a lot either way but he is performing like a kid who will get targetted by the big boys.
How do you feel about our recruiting in general? It's very early, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of warm fuzzies
Dunlow66
IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

How do you feel about our recruiting in general? It's very early, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of warm fuzzies
To be totally honest, I think the rumors around the FBI investigation have hurt us more than some people realize, JMO.
nryanh94
I've seen 53 names listed so far for nba combine invites. No Lecque or Markell
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

I've seen 53 names listed so far for nba combine invites. No Lecque or Markell
There will probably be around 17 more announced and several alternates. Last year 69 players attended the combine. But maybe they make it more selective this year with the g league elite combine as well. If neither get selected for the combine then you can probably at least count on one of them being in Raleigh but that's just my opinion and you never know what is going on in these kids head or their family situation
IseWolf22
Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

To be totally honest, I think the rumors around the FBI investigation have hurt us more than some people realize, JMO.
Thanks. Your honest opinion is what I was looking for
Jekdjdjdj
Hall has now been offered by texas
PicklePacker
Jekdjdjdj said:

Hall has now been offered by texas
He'll never make it that far from home. I think we can get him as long as the Heels don't offer.
Packfan8
nryanh94
Think him liking this confirms what you were saying Dunlow66:

Hall is waiting on a UNC offer
MarOdoxPhoenician7
Is this just rumors?
MarOdoxPhoenician7
About leque
nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

About leque

What about? He received an invite to the combine.

Wasserman is fairly reputable
TheWhiteWolf
nryanh94 said:

He did retweet something about Keatts coming to watch him a few days prior for what its worth
TheWhiteWolf
Seems like Hall, Williams, and Hayes are all enamored with the blue bloods
Packfan8
TheWhiteWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

He did retweet something about Keatts coming to watch him a few days prior for what its worth

Ehhhh seems to me like he just likes everything that has his name in it.
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Wonder why the rumors haven't hurt Louisville, Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. and i'm being serious here, I really do wonder why we are the only ones truly effected.
TriangleDreamer
ClePack said:

Dunlow66 said:

IseWolf22 said:

Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Wonder why the rumors haven't hurt Louisville, Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. and i'm being serious here, I really do wonder why we are the only ones truly effected.

Purely speculation on my part, but I think it is less impactful to the schools who've either won a NC or been contenders in recent years (i.e., this century) than schools like State. Kids are more willing to ignore the rumors and take a chance if offered by an elite program versus taking a flier on a mid-tier P5 program which, if we're honest with ourselves, is our status currently.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
Dunlow66
TheWhiteWolf said:

nryanh94 said:

I think his younger brother was playing AAU ball.
PicklePacker
I think most schools are willing to bend the recruiting rules to a certain extent, in order to land recruits. With us being under a microscope at the moment, I think Keatts is probably playing it very safe. Just a guess.
Packfan8

Markell gets a predraft workout or as I like to call it "thanks for playing maybe next year workout"
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Markell gets a predraft workout or as I like to call it "thanks for playing maybe next year workout"
Wonder how many foreign teams scout these workouts?
Jekdjdjdj
Manny has a boot on his foot, any word on what happened?
Packfan8

Not sure if this is true but cone liked it. Wonder what strutting would think about the new vt staff waiting so long to offer
Luke12321
I am starting to wonder if Keatts has the right guys on his bench.

I know Johnson has ACC HC experience so hard to dispute him. VT was good but not great when he was Assistant under Greenberg.

SIddle is a young guy from NC. I would think he is the best recruiter of the three just due to age and connections to NC.

Roberson is bit of a head scratcher to me. Isnt super young and no college experience.

We have a HC from VA and two assistants from VA and one guy from NC but Eden isnt far from VA either.

We got two kids from Hargrave which probably had lots to do with former assitant along with KK connection. And one kid who may or not may not even make it on campus.

The sad thing is, recruiting against Va tech and UVA has been very difficult the lat two years.

Maybe we need to add someone to the staff from GA. Sid couldnt coach a lick but he had that ATL/WWR pipeline flowing!

ClePack
Jekdjdjdj said:

Manny has a boot on his foot, any word on what happened?
jesus, really?
Jekdjdjdj
On Dorns Instagram story. On second look it might just be a grey backpack but it's hard to tell
RDUwolfpack
Luke12321 said:

I am starting to wonder if Keatts has the right guys on his bench.

I know Johnson has ACC HC experience so hard to dispute him. VT was good but not great when he was Assistant under Greenberg.

SIddle is a young guy from NC. I would think he is the best recruiter of the three just due to age and connections to NC.

Roberson is bit of a head scratcher to me. Isnt super young and no college experience.

We have a HC from VA and two assistants from VA and one guy from NC but Eden isnt far from VA either.

We got two kids from Hargrave which probably had lots to do with former assitant along with KK connection. And one kid who may or not may not even make it on campus.

The sad thing is, recruiting against Va tech and UVA has been very difficult the lat two years.

Maybe we need to add someone to the staff from GA. Sid couldnt coach a lick but he had that ATL/WWR pipeline flowing!

Takes like this make me wonder if Keatts over performing in year 1 hurts perception. Like if he goes 5-13 in year one no one is upset and the trajectory is up.

Just a thought. I've said since day 1 that I have no expectations until year 3 so I don't wonder about stuff like this. He hasn't had enough time IMO.

Plus if he goes 5-13, 9-9, everyone is talking about "progress". Idk. I'm happy with where we are. Not gonna win an ACC title overnight.
PicklePacker
Jekdjdjdj said:

On Dorns Instagram story. On second look it might just be a grey backpack but it's hard to tell

it's a backpack
Packfan8

Ok then that escalated quickly. Houston has done a good job of coming into Nc and taking great talent that is underrated. Hopefully the staff is keeping in touch and offers if they feel like he warrants one. Didn't he say we are his dream school or something like that?
Struttingwolf96
Alright Keatts, offer this young man. Heard he really likes State. Don't be picky with the offers like this past year.
First Page Last Page
Page 152 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.