Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,197,893 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
Struttingwolf96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How'd they wait so long? They've been there like what 2 weeks now. At least they didn't wait a whole year like Keatts did. The thing that concerns me is with the Cone interview is when the State coaches told him, man you really improved. Thought Keatts would have seen that if he was such a good evaluator of talent.
Luke12321
I understand KK had a great 1st year. Overachieved BIG LEAGUE.

This year, we probably did as expected. Fringe bubble team. Probably should of had a better season considering the start we had but whatever.

I am hoping Lecque decides to come to state, Markell doesn't get a passport within the next month and we go into next year with a full, experienced roster ready to compete.

Our biggest recruits at this point are JL and Markell (especially Markell). If we have them back, we should be a solid squad.

Packfan8
Looks like dorn will workout for the suns. According to his Instagram he is in Tempe and that's the only explanation I can make. Unless he's working with smits trainer lol
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Alright Keatts, offer this young man. Heard he really likes State. Don't be picky with the offers like this past year.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

How'd they wait so long? They've been there like what 2 weeks now. At least they didn't wait a whole year like Keatts did. The thing that concerns me is with the Cone interview is when the State coaches told him, man you really improved. Thought Keatts would have seen that if he was such a good evaluator of talent.
Struttingwolf96
From the Jalen Cone interview IPS did. Am pretty sure Cone was good back then & could had offered.

"They talked about how they love me and how my game fits their system," said Cone. "They said I've got so much better since the first time they saw me and they kept emphasizing I'd be close to home.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

From the Jalen Cone interview IPS did. Am pretty sure Cone was good back then & could had offered.

"They talked about how they love me and how my game fits their system," said Cone. "They said I've got so much better since the first time they saw me and they kept emphasizing I'd be close to home.
Maybe it's time for you to move along with this constant 'COACH KEATTS DIDNT OFFER IN TIME' stuff.

it is getting old. Maybe a new approach to moderating this thread is needed.
camelwolf
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Maybe it's time for you to move along with this constant 'COACH KEATTS DIDNT OFFER IN TIME' stuff.

Didn't he just quote a premium article?
Packfan8
camelwolf said:

Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Didn't he just quote a premium article?

I didn't want to point it out but yeah he did. Pretty sure that's like strike 3 by now
Law of the Wolf
Struttingwolf96 said:

This just shows no understanding of basketball recruiting. You can't just throw 15-20 offers out and see who accepts them. It really is getting tiresome to constantly read the negative post over and over, especially when you have no clue what is really going on, give it a rest.
Packfan8
Law of the Wolf said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

This just shows no understanding of basketball recruiting. You can't just throw 15-20 offers out and see who accepts them. It really is getting tiresome to constantly read the negative post over and over, especially when you have no clue what is really going on, give it a rest.

You offer the elite freshman, great sophomores, great juniors and then seniors who blowup. If you just offer a ton of kids then you'll have a freshman like kwe Parker who was a sensation but never improves or shows he can play in college to commit and then it gets nasty when you rescind an offer
wolf01
Struttingwolf96 said:

Dude, what part of having a roster full of guys that didn't develop into ACC caliber recruits just so you can get the 1 or 2 Devonte Graham's or Gary Clark's out there do you not understand??? If a kid feels so slighted because we weren't the 1st to offer that he doesn't come here, then that's just petty on the kid. Plus, keep in mind a lot of coaches will tell you that it's not the kids you miss on that hurt you the most, it's the kids you bring in and don't pan out. I'd much rather our coaches be cautious and miss out on a late bloomer that becomes a player than sign 7 or 8 Shaun Kirk's.
nryanh94
Smh lol

nryanh94
MarOdoxPhoenician7
I personally like KK recruiting style, we just need it to work. What it does is instead of offer 100s of kids and make them feel like they have "just another offer." KK is selective and offers a few only. So what this does is it makes the kid feel special and it also allows the kid to feel like a "need" and a priority, which is how you build relationships and target elites to commit
ClePack
Jekdjdjdj said:

On Dorns Instagram story. On second look it might just be a grey backpack but it's hard to tell
just checked it out. I think it's a grey backpack
Packfan8
Looks like the staff is moving on from getting another true big and is just trying grab a big wing by offering Taylor. Maybe he commits on his visit
TheDireWolf33
I wonder if Strutt in high school asked every single girl to the prom in hopes that one would choose him and the rest would hate him.
duran_duran
Packfan8 said:

Looks like the staff is moving on from getting another true big and is just trying grab a big wing by offering Taylor. Maybe he commits on his visit
If he can rebound like Dorn did last year than I'm fine with taking him instead of a big
Engineer97
MarOdoxPhoenician7 said:

I personally like KK recruiting style, we just need it to work. What it does is instead of offer 100s of kids and make them feel like they have "just another offer." KK is selective and offers a few only. So what this does is it makes the kid feel special and it also allows the kid to feel like a "need" and a priority, which is how you build relationships and target elites to commit

Trick is, you have to land some if you do that. If you miss, it hurts you worse.
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

maybe, maybe not.

One big man to watch could be Wofford transfer, Keve Aluma. Sophomore big man. Dont know if he could get a waiver or if he would have to sit a year.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

maybe, maybe not.

One big man to watch could be Wofford transfer, Keve Aluma. Sophomore big man. Dont know if he could get a waiver or if he would have to sit a year.

Could help with depth, the ncaa has allowed a lot of waivers lately. I mean Tate Martel got one from Ohio state to Miami when he's from California. Is Thomas Allen going to apply for a waiver or is the staff gonna wait and see what happens with lecque and Johnson before applying for that?
nryanh94
HungryWolf92
Do we think Taylor is quick enough for our style? I like his shot, he seems to be fairly confident in it. He doesn't seem to be the quickest guy at 6'7" though.
warlords86
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

maybe, maybe not.

Could help with depth, the ncaa has allowed a lot of waivers lately. I mean Tate Martel got one from Ohio state to Miami when he's from California. Is Thomas Allen going to apply for a waiver or is the staff gonna wait and see what happens with lecque and Johnson before applying for that?
Don't think a waiver is in the plans for Thomas Allen, at least last I heard. He and his step-father will be driving back from Nebraska with his things this week. Here's wishing them safe travels!
Dunlow66
HungryWolf92 said:

Do we think Taylor is quick enough for our style? I like his shot, he seems to be fairly confident in it. He doesn't seem to be the quickest guy at 6'7" though.
He would play PF for us. Quick enough for that, IMO
Dunlow66
warlords86 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

maybe, maybe not.

Don't think a waiver is in the plans for Thomas Allen, at least last I heard. He and his step-father will be driving back from Nebraska with his things this week. Here's wishing them safe travels!
Seems like he should get one if he wanted. Coach fired and he was a LONG way from home. Bet he could if he were suiting up for UNC
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

MONSTER recruiting target. Looks like the second coming of Kevin Durant.
Dunlow66
Corey EvansVerified account @coreyevans_10 2h2 hours ago
More

Corey Evans Retweeted Corey Evans
Virginia's Tony Bennett will complete an in-home visit tonight with Henry Coleman
Dunlow66

Recent Henry Coleman interview on his recruitment
Dunlow66
wolfpackfan00

As Dun was saying earlier
nryanh94
wolfpackfan00 said:

If we're willing to take a kid who is gonna sit, that might tell you we're losing someone else
PicklePacker
nryanh94 said:

wolfpackfan00 said:

If we're willing to take a kid who is gonna sit, that might tell you we're losing someone else
I saw Fundy in the video with Dorn. Has anyone heard from Hellems?
Dunlow66
Corey EvansVerified account @coreyevans_10 3m3 minutes ago
More

Kansas' Bill Self is expected in tomorrow for top-50 junior Jabri Abdur-Rahim; NC State and Uconn are his latest offers
First Page Last Page
Page 153 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.