Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,278 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
metcalfmafia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunlow66 said:

Jaylon Gibson is a name some may know and some don't YET, but once you watch this young man on the court, it is easy to see that this 6'10 prospect is only starting his story.

Gibson has the size, the length, and unique skillset that college coaches simply won't be able to pass up. He made the move to Grace Christian this past year and has been a dominant force in the paint, as well as his ability to run the floor, display his handles, and of course, be a bruising force down low in the paint. That is why programs like Providence and USF have already offered, with other programs like Wake Forest, East Carolina, NC State, and Auburn have all expressed interest.

It has been truly amazing to see Gibson's growth from when we first saw him as a 6'6 prospect and just beginning his journey. Now, at 6'10 and possibly still growing, even more high major programs will be coming his way. Just check out what was said back in October from Phenom Hoops, when he first started at Grace Christian:

Gibson has transferred to GRACE Christian in Cary, North Carolina and has reclassed to the 2020 class. A perfect situation considering that now Gibson stands 6'10" and is young. Yes, he is now 6'10", up for 6'6"/6'7" a year ago, and get this, Gibson says he thinks he is still growing, projecting that he could get to be a true 7' tall.

Looking at his game, Gibson is incredibly fluid athletically. He runs the floor like a wing, gliding up and down the floor. He has a quick second jump both when rebounding and when blocking shots. Offensively, Gibson has range extending beyond the 3-point line, he went 3-4 from 3 during game play in this work out. He has ball skills as he pushes the break, with the ability to finish around the basket with an array of euro steps footwork.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2020-610-jaylon-gibson-grace-christian-could-be-adding-more-high-major-offers-to-his-list/
Ok I'm sold.
Packfan8
The Gibson kid looks really thin but from reading he has a lot of potential with his height. If he develops properly we could really use someone with his length that could defend and stretch the floor
Packfan8

Only 5'11'' but in 2018 he averaged 21.2 ppg while shooting 42.6% from 3 while attempting nearly 8 3's a game. He was injured for some of this year and his numbers took a dip but he can certainly stroke the ball.
Packfan8
Also it looks like tim miles will be gone at Nebraska so look for players to transfer or decommit. If only Copeland was a rs jr
Packfan8
Just to have a little bit of fun I'm having a dream scenario where buzz Williams takes the a&m job and Blackshear grad transfers here
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Also it looks like tim miles will be gone at Nebraska so look for players to transfer or decommit. If only Copeland was a rs jr
Thomas Allen is still out there in Nebraska
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

#hardshipwaiver
Dunlow66
metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

#hardshipwaiver
Damn right it is a hardship going from living in Raleigh to F'ing Nebraska. No Southern cooking, No pork BBQ....HARDSHIP!!
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

metcalfmafia said:

Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

#hardshipwaiver
Damn right it is a hardship going from living in Raleigh to F'ing Nebraska. No Southern cooking, No pork BBQ....HARDSHIP!!

He could probably get a waiver if he went to chapel hill lol
Packfan8

Living in Idaho warrants a hardship right???? We need this kid
Dunlow66

FollowingFollowing @jeffborzello
More

Little Rock wing Rayjon Tucker tells ESPN he is leaving the program as a graduate transfer.

20.3 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 41.1 3PT%

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

More

Little Rock wing Rayjon Tucker tells ESPN he is leaving the program as a graduate transfer.

From N.C. so if we reach out we will be in good shape
PackAlpha91
I really want Tucker. Could sell him on our need for shooters = playing time and playing close to home in the ACC.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

More

Man this is like a dream come true replacement for dorn who could very possibly add more product than dorn. I hope unc doesn't get involved because I want this kid
ClePack
Dunlow66 said:

More

yo, we reaching out to this guy?
Thunderhill
Looks like Arizona is involved. They're mentioned with almost every high level GT I've read about so far.
TheStorm
Thunderhill said:

Looks like Arizona is involved. They're mentioned with almost every high level GT I've read about so far.
See, that's the problem with relying on Grad Transfers and Traditional Transfers (now that it's open season w/ the bogus "hardships")... before it was a novelty, niche market... now its not - and the big boys are at the waterhole first and some that didn't used to have to wait for a drink now have to wait in the bushes until it's all clear.

Roy Williams being able to poach Pitt's best returning player two (2) years ago should have never been allowed to have happened "in conference".

And it's only going to get worse.
Packfan8
Looks like we haven't reached out yet to rayjon but I imagine they didn't have time to yesterday with preparing for the game but they definitely need to. We can't pass up on a kid from in state who wants to play at a higher level
Packfan8

nryanh94
Packfan8 said:

Looks like we haven't reached out yet to rayjon but I imagine they didn't have time to yesterday with preparing for the game but they definitely need to. We can't pass up on a kid from in state who wants to play at a higher level

We have, per Borzello

Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Packfan8 said:

We have, per Borzello

Good I didn't see this tweet
Packfan8
I know we don't know anything about Tucker and where we stand but we have to be up on his list being close to home. I try not to get too excited but this line up will be killer.
1. Johnson 2. Beverly/Lecque 3/4. Bryce 3/4. Tucker 5. Walker
ClePack
Packfan8 said:

I know we don't know anything about Tucker and where we stand but we have to be up on his list being close to home. I try not to get too excited but this line up will be killer.

yes, but move beverly and walker to the bench
Packfan8
ClePack said:

Packfan8 said:

yes, but move beverly and walker to the bench

Was thinking the same thing but I was just plugging tucker into the returning starters. I hate it for walker but he might be the third big man in our rotation next year. Beverly coming off the bench won't be a bad thing because hopefully his efficiency will go up if he isn't relied on so much
PicklePacker
The way we foul, Walker will get his minutes.
NCSU1995
Packfan8 said:

We take out one 6'5" guy and plug in another at the 4 and we continue to get eaten alive.
nryanh94
We didn't offer before, but Kobe Brown would be a solid kid to look at this late. 6"7 and has a pretty looking jump shot. Just got his release from Texas A&M
Luke12321
We need a shot blocker.

We need two dynamic guards. MJ is one.

Louisville won with that, along with playing with a roster full of players that were recruited as High School prospects, not 5th year guys.

If we are going to play small at the 4 like Dorn, we need our 4 to be bigger. Louisville kid was 245 and same height as Dorn.

If we continue to bring in transfers who are 1 year rentals we will never be able to implement the Louisville press style that Pitino ran. It takes time to learn that press and what we are running right now isn't close to how RP ran it.

It is year 2, I willing to give it plenty of time. Wish we would stop chasing 5th year guys and transfers and build it from the ground up with HS prospects. Ok to take 1 or 2 transfers from time to time, but taking 3-4 a year isn't what Louisville was doing.

Louisville is the blueprint Keatts is using, right?
PackFansXL
Per your post, I would say the answer to your question is "No".
williewolf
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Man this is like a dream come true replacement for dorn who could very possibly add more product than dorn. I hope unc doesn't get involved because I want this kid
why not put Hellems into the 4 slot instead of a 1 year fix?
gopack_83
williewolf said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

why not put Hellems into the 4 slot instead of a 1 year fix?

Probably will come down to how his off-season development goes
wolfpackfan00
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

UNC is involved with Tucker. They have been in contact.
Packfan8
wolfpackfan00 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Damn I saw a pic of him from high school wearing all unc gear. Could mean nothing but who knows
TheStorm
wolfpackfan00 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

More

Just like I said earlier...
wolfpackfan00
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.