Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,217,754 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Dunlow66
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Latest on Christian Brown rumors...Georgia moving back in front. Mom rumored to be running the recruitment.

I hope Coach Keatts just lets this one go.
metcalfmafia
Dunlow66 said:

Latest on Christian Brown rumors...Georgia moving back in front. Mom rumored to be running the recruitment.

I hope Coach Keatts just lets this one go.
I feel the same way.
metcalfmafia
I wish we had a thread like this on the pay side.
NatePait94
Need more threads with this much activity on in the free side. This may be the most viewed topic on the entire site.
We're all Red on the inside. Some of us are just Blue in the face, and they're sick.
Dunlow66
Christian Brown commits to Georgia.
Dunlow66
Dunlow66 said:

Corey Evans @coreyevans_10 5h5 hours ago
More

Five-star junior Isaiah Todd considers a move into the 2019 class, potential visit to Kentucky in the works, sources tell @Rivals
I think Todd is now staying put in 2020
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Is he still gonna choose from his top 2 of Georgia or Clemson?
LOL....
HungryWolf92
Would've been nice to have his skill set. Interesting young man with an interesting recruitment. Not sure the skill set outweigh the attention.
Ripper
Dunlow,

Any word on Tyler Maye? Spent 2018 at VCU. Is currently playing at a JUCO this season. Would he be a good fit at State as a Jr transfer, eligible to play right away (I assume)?
WolfpackSI
All that just to commit to the school you were gonna commit to like a year ago? Man recruiting is something else
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Engineer97
Ok, so is the FBI deal hurting us or not? It's ok to talk about it - we should at least talk about it.
nryanh94
Engineer97 said:

Ok, so is the FBI deal hurting us or not? It's ok to talk about it - we should at least talk about it.

I don't think it really is. I think Keatts is just very picky with who he offers as he should be.

Kansas, Arizona, and Louisville have all been named in the fbi stuff and they're doing fine in recruiting
Engineer97
nryanh94 said:

Engineer97 said:

I don't think it really is. I think Keatts is just very picky with who he offers as he should be.

Kansas, Arizona, and Louisville have all been named in the fbi stuff and they're doing fine in recruiting
He needs to stop being so picky, at least in the short term.
Willies1
Starting to wonder.
Struttingwolf96
Agree with that statement. Better hit the 2020 class hard, don't want to build the team with transfers. Don't wanna become the Wolfpack of the East, like the wannabes out West.
nryanh94
Struttingwolf96 said:

Agree with that statement. Better hit the 2020 class hard, don't want to build the team with transfers. Don't wanna become the Wolfpack of the East, like the wannabes out West.

Why the hell does it matter if you build a team with transfers vs HS kids. Just get guys that can play. It doesn't matter where they're from
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Why the hell does it matter if you build a team with transfers vs HS kids. Just get guys that can play. It doesn't matter where they're from

Agree with this, it doesn't really make a difference as long as they can compete
WolfpackSI
Struttingwolf96 said:

You do know that those wannabes out west are killing it right now? We would be lucky to be a program like that.

Our biggest problem isn't that we have tranfers, its that we have low quality bigs. Funderburk is ok but hes not a true big and WW should be a 3rd/4th big.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Engineer97
I didn't mean to sound so obtuse. This is just a very important time for Keatts and his tenure imho. If we could look back, maybe the most precarious and important window of time in his time here.
Dunlow66
Everything NCST @everythingncst 1h1 hour ago
More

Everything NCST Retweeted Jeff Borzello
.@CoachKeattsNCSU is always working.

Has reached out to William & Mary graduate transfer, Justin Pierce who averaged 14.9 PPG, 8.9 RPG, & 4.1 APG throughout the 2018-19 season.
Dunlow66
Engineer97 said:

I think it has.Some recruits/parents are worried about how this will all play out for NC State.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Everything NCST @everythingncst 1h1 hour ago
More

Everything NCST Retweeted Jeff Borzello
.@CoachKeattsNCSU is always working.

Has reached out to William & Mary graduate transfer, Justin Pierce who averaged 14.9 PPG, 8.9 RPG, & 4.1 APG throughout the 2018-19 season.

Shot the ball very well a year ago. We could use a kid like this who is a big guard/wing. Think he will go closer to home (Illinois) because that's what I have seen a lot from grad transfers in the last few years
NCSU1995
WolfpackSI said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

You do know that those wannabes out west are killing it right now? We would be lucky to be a program like that.

Our biggest problem isn't that we have tranfers, its that we have low quality bigs. Funderburk is ok but hes not a true big and WW should be a 3rd/4th big.

Agreed though I think Funderburk is a really good young player that will get better as he puts on weight. We need bigs. We can't match up with good teams and get blitzed inside.
Packfan8
NCSU1995 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Agreed though I think Funderburk is a really good young player that will get better as he puts on weight. We need bigs. We can't match up with good teams and get blitzed inside.

Funderburk has been a great spark off the bench. I'm excited for two more years of him on the roster
WolfpackSI
IMO Ideally we need 4 bigs on our roster next year:

Manny + DJ should be the two headed monster that get majority of the minutes. When we play the big teams, DJ should be able to slide over to the 4 spot against Duke/UNC/UVa/FSU. Manny should give us a defensive presence.

Walker should be treated like Lockett and Sam Hunt. Should only be playing when the matchup is ideal or our guys are in foul trouble.

We also could use a developmental Big like Mohamadou Diawaria( I really, really like what I see from that kid) who won't get too many minutes but can develop under our S+C coaches and learn the system.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
sf59
DJ should primarily play the 4 no matter who the competition is. He can guard 1-5 and shoot better than TD. Just as long as Manny can rebound.
Dunlow66
sf59 said:

DJ should primarily play the 4 no matter who the competition is. He can guard 1-5 and shoot better than TD. Just as long as Manny can rebound.
Dont agree.

We need a '4' who can stretch the court with 3 point shooting. Funderburke hasnt shown that type of game in JUCO or at NC State(so far). Maybe he develops that shot, maybe not, but he is an offensive 'mismatch' at the 5 for most teams with his midrange game.
Dunlow66
JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 4h4 hours ago
More

Top-100 junior Elijah Wood has reopened his recruitment, he tells Stockrisers and Prep Hoops. Former Tulane commit goes separate ways with program after Mike Dunleavy was relieved of his duties.

Plays HS ball in Maryland.. 6'5 combo guard.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

JakeVerified account @jakeweingarten 4h4 hours ago
More

Top-100 junior Elijah Wood has reopened his recruitment, he tells Stockrisers and Prep Hoops. Former Tulane commit goes separate ways with program after Mike Dunleavy was relieved of his duties.

Plays HS ball in Maryland.. 6'5 combo guard.

Can he shoot lol if so we will pick him up rn... also pretty weird that a top 100 player picked tulane
Dunlow66
Jaylon Gibson is a name some may know and some don't YET, but once you watch this young man on the court, it is easy to see that this 6'10 prospect is only starting his story.

Gibson has the size, the length, and unique skillset that college coaches simply won't be able to pass up. He made the move to Grace Christian this past year and has been a dominant force in the paint, as well as his ability to run the floor, display his handles, and of course, be a bruising force down low in the paint. That is why programs like Providence and USF have already offered, with other programs like Wake Forest, East Carolina, NC State, and Auburn have all expressed interest.

It has been truly amazing to see Gibson's growth from when we first saw him as a 6'6 prospect and just beginning his journey. Now, at 6'10 and possibly still growing, even more high major programs will be coming his way. Just check out what was said back in October from Phenom Hoops, when he first started at Grace Christian:

Gibson has transferred to GRACE Christian in Cary, North Carolina and has reclassed to the 2020 class. A perfect situation considering that now Gibson stands 6'10" and is young. Yes, he is now 6'10", up for 6'6"/6'7" a year ago, and get this, Gibson says he thinks he is still growing, projecting that he could get to be a true 7' tall.

Looking at his game, Gibson is incredibly fluid athletically. He runs the floor like a wing, gliding up and down the floor. He has a quick second jump both when rebounding and when blocking shots. Offensively, Gibson has range extending beyond the 3-point line, he went 3-4 from 3 during game play in this work out. He has ball skills as he pushes the break, with the ability to finish around the basket with an array of euro steps footwork.

http://www.phenomhoopreport.com/2020-610-jaylon-gibson-grace-christian-could-be-adding-more-high-major-offers-to-his-list/
Dunlow66
Jamie Shaw @JamieShaw5
FollowingFollowing @JamieShaw5
More

Just witnessed an absolutely dominating performance from 6'10 2020 Jaylon Gibson of GRACE Christian (NC) at the #Super60. Was all over the rims!!

An HM Target this summer
Dunlow66
ww.phenomhoopreport.com/what-a-difference-a-year-makes-610-2020-jaylon-gibson/
Struttingwolf96
Hope State goes ahead & offers this young man. I know that he said he had talked to Coach Keatts, but the only offers he has is S.Fla. & ECU. Believe this kid may blow up big time during the summer, Keatts better not be to picky with his offers. This young man seems to carry himself well & could be a great fit at the C position for the Pack, plus he plays in State as well.
twentytoe
So I guess he BETTER NOT then.
Da Pack since 75.
Dunlow66
Brian Snow @BSnow247 42m42 minutes ago
More

In grad transfer news, per @JWReamer Derrik Smits is transferring from Valpo. Zionsville, Indiana native averaged 12.2 points and 5.7 rebounds per game this season. Also I am told Akron forward Daniel Utomi will be leaving Akron, averaged 14.2 points and 5.5 rebounds per game
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.