Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,220,722 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by SM1987
Packfan8
How long do you want to ignore this user?
gopack_83 said:

Lecque looked really good in those games

Hopefully not too good
Dunlow66
Cam Hayes unofficial visit to UNC for the Duke/UNC game.
Luke12321
Interested to see who we can land to round out this class.

The problem I have with Keatts taking so many transfers....he can't keep talking about how we only have 3 returning players year in and year out.

If you are going to continue to build a team through transfers, just own it and don't use it as a crutch.

Next year we will have plenty of returning players....so at the very least that excuse will stop.

HungryWolf92
This is year 2...you've got to build with something when you don't have the recruiting jump.
Packfan8

I'm sure this means he's going pro but is he eligible to grad transfer?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dont know. But Bowman is probably gone to the NBA. Likely second round pick in current mock drafts. Should get a decent guaranteed deal. Most second round picks do now that the NBA has expanded rosters and the GLeague.

Could move up in the draft, but at least he should get a couple years guaranteed at over 1 mil per season.

Personally, I think he can be an NBA player. Maybe a good role player/bench scorer for the right team.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dont know. But Bowman is probably gone to the NBA. Likely second round pick in current mock drafts. Should get a decent guaranteed deal. Most second round picks do now that the NBA has expanded rosters and the GLeague.

Could move up in the draft, but at least he should get a couple years guaranteed at over 1 mil per season.

Personally, I think he can be an NBA player. Maybe a good role player/bench scorer for the right team.

A name I just came across on is TJ Holyfield from SFA he's a 6'8 forward who had a season ending injury earlier this season. Averaged 13 points last year and shot 41% from 3. Hasn't announced he will transfer but he looks like a player who can grab a lot of attention from bigger programs.
He's also started 101 games on his career
Dunlow66
Think we may be out of the Christian Brown race....for now anyway.
Struttingwolf96
Not over until he makes his announcement. Still have faith in Coach Keatts, can get Brown to hold off. Hope he can get Brown back on campus after the season.
WolfpackSI
CB's recruitment is too wacky for me. I'm just gonna accept that hes not coming here and I'll be presently surprised if he does end up here lol
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Dunlow66
WolfpackSI said:

CB's recruitment is too wacky for me. I'm just gonna accept that hes not coming here and I'll be presently surprised if he does end up here lol
Even if we dont land him this time....always keep the door open for a potential future transfer.

I think we look into the grad transfer market for a shooter and a big man. Maybe see if some recruits decommit once the post season coaching changes start popping off.
WolfpackSI
Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Even if we dont land him this time....always keep the door open for a potential future transfer.

I think we look into the grad transfer market for a shooter and a big man. Maybe see if some recruits decommit once the post season coaching changes start popping off.

If Markell leaves then we have a huge hole at pg to fill. Blake hasn't shown much and Braxton is better off the ball. Lecque may be the guy to hand the key to in that case.

Man, the whole SKJ situation pisses me off to much because I really liked Steere -he could have helped us this year and going forward. we could have atleast grabbed someone mid-semester. Hopefully we get a good big out of high school that will come and stick around for a few years. It would be nice to get some continuity at that position since walker and DJ are both upper classmen.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
WolfPacker54
WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

If Markell leaves then we have a huge hole at pg to fill. Blake hasn't shown much and Braxton is better off the ball. Lecque may be the guy to hand the key to in that case.

Man, the whole SKJ situation pisses me off to much because I really liked Steere -he could have helped us this year and going forward. we could have atleast grabbed someone mid-semester. Hopefully we get a good big out of high school that will come and stick around for a few years. It would be nice to get some continuity at that position since walker and DJ are both upper classmen.

I think Blake Harris has shown some real promise these past couple of games
Packfan8
WolfPacker54 said:

WolfpackSI said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfpackSI said:

I think Blake Harris has shown some real promise these past couple of games

I feel the same way he's been steady on both ends. I think he understands his role on this years team now and gives you a good spurt here and there
WOLFDAC
It might have been the camera eye yesterday...but it looked as if Manny has grown some more...6'11" perhaps.
nryanh94
WOLFDAC said:

It might have been the camera eye yesterday...but it looked as if Manny has grown some more...6'11" perhaps.

Manny is verrryyyy close to pushing 7"0
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

WOLFDAC said:

Anyone know what kind of role he will have next year. My guess is that he will be the third behind walker/funderburk but could be a late game situation sub in for his defense
gopack_83
Packfan8 said:

nryanh94 said:

WOLFDAC said:

Anyone know what kind of role he will have next year. My guess is that he will be the third behind walker/funderburk but could be a late game situation sub in for his defense

I think you'll be surprised with the amount of playing time Manny gets. He looks to have added some muscle to his frame and if he can just block some shots and rebound he will be a huge asset
ClePack
if/when sean miller gets fired, are we looking at any of their recruits?
WolfpackSI
ClePack said:

if/when sean miller gets fired, are we looking at any of their recruits?
Chase Jeter seems to be having a pretty solid season for them. Wonder if he ends up grad transfering.
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Struttingwolf96
Won't he just be a Junior, since he had to sit out a year?
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Won't he just be a Junior, since he had to sit out a year?
Played 2 years at Duke
Sat 1 year
Played 1 year at Zona
Struttingwolf96
Ok, thanks. Didn't know how many years he played at duke.
Dunlow66
Struttingwolf96 said:

Is he still gonna choose from his top 2 of Georgia or Clemson?
Georgia rumored to lead OK State in the Christian Brown recruitment.

WolfPacker54
Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

This might be the weirdest recruitment I've heard of. This sounds like a kid that's gonna play for 3 different colleges in his career.
Dunlow66
WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

This might be the weirdest recruitment I've heard of. This sounds like a kid that's gonna play for 3 different colleges in his career.
Well, he attended 4 different high schools.
Packfan8
Daryl Edwards a sg at LSU is attempting to receive a medical hardship and grad transfer. His numbers aren't all that impressive, he averaged 6.8 points a game last year and shot 37% from 3 and started half of their games.
Packfan8
Packfan8 said:

Daryl Edwards a sg at LSU is attempting to receive a medical hardship and grad transfer. His numbers aren't all that impressive, he averaged 6.8 points a game last year and shot 37% from 3 and started half of their games.

Lol I just did some more digging after posting this and he committed a few weeks back to Nevada
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Packfan8 said:

Lol I just did some more digging after posting this and he committed a few weeks back to Nevada
Nevada seems to get 3 or 4 transfers ever year. I think their entire starting lineup and most of the bench is made up of transfers.
Packfan8

In the next few weeks a lot more names will begin to pop up in the grad transfer market but for now this might be worth a look
fivepointword
Does anybody know what our interest level with Nick Farrar is? Even though we need a big, imo he seems a little unathletic for being undersized.
state95
Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Didn't Ian Steere also go to 4 different high schools? And we see where that got us.
WolfpackSI
state95 said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Didn't Ian Steere also go to 4 different high schools? And we see where that got us.

Iirc Blake went to like 5 or something
NCSU ChE '13
Go pack!
Packfan8
WolfpackSI said:

state95 said:

Dunlow66 said:

WolfPacker54 said:

Dunlow66 said:

Struttingwolf96 said:

Iirc Blake went to like 5 or something

And he went to Missouri before us. (Granted he came here for a different reason)
Dunlow66
Thought this would happen as soon as the commit was announced. Nothing to gain by playing an extra year of HS. Could redshirt at UVA .

I expect the same from teammate and NCSU recruit PG Cam Hayes. Both are originally 2020 class recruits.

G.Hyman @hymanprofitness 15h15 hours ago
More

Virginia Commit Carson McCorkle of Greensboro Day (NC) will attend UVa as part of his original 2020 class
First Page Last Page
Page 121 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.