Basketball recruiting and transfers

4,198,400 Views | 13799 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by SM1987
ClePack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Moving on, for real though, how confident should we be the Lecque suits up for us? Him deciding to skip out on college would do heavy damage to our team next year. We really can't afford it with the way we're recruiting right now

What do you mean by "the way we're recruiting right now"
Aside from Lecque, we've got some slim pickings in front of us, and there aren't many more guys we can add. Brown looks like he's moved on, and we have pretty much the same team coming back next year. That's fine and all, but our ceiling is pretty low atm. I think Lecque could add a lot of value, but if he doesn't come, we're looking at 9-9 in the ACC again next year, probably.
nryanh94
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Moving on, for real though, how confident should we be the Lecque suits up for us? Him deciding to skip out on college would do heavy damage to our team next year. We really can't afford it with the way we're recruiting right now

Aside from Lecque, we've got some slim pickings in front of us, and there aren't many more guys we can add. Brown looks like he's moved on, and we have pretty much the same team coming back next year. That's fine and all, but our ceiling is pretty low atm. I think Lecque could add a lot of value, but if he doesn't come, we're looking at 9-9 in the ACC again next year, probably.

We have 2 roster spots to fill, and I'm sure he'd rather fill them with grad transfers who can come in and contribute then random Hs kids. We aren't hurting in recruiting, we'll be fine.
ClePack
nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

We have 2 roster spots to fill, and I'm sure he'd rather fill them with grad transfers who can come in and contribute then random Hs kids. We aren't hurting in recruiting, we'll be fine.
well, we just got whipped at home by GT. I'd say we're hurting. Our team just isn't made up of ACC caliber layers. I'd love to add more
TheStorm
Wolfonit said:

James Henderson said:

Wolfonit said:

ClePack said:

Cory smith isn't the most connected. Take it with a grain of salt
They have been doing good work over there as late. And, they do not put up video links only. They do transcribe the vast majority of their stuff. I am committing to them. I am not renewing here until I see changes, if any. If not, well wishes to all.

If you are subscribing based on partial transcriptions of video interviews there is probably no reason to be subscribed at all, most of those are free. I know ours are.

Good luck!
You are right. I shouldn't be subscribing here and I am not the only one that feels that way. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
So far, you are about the only one that feels that way... but please - by all means - show your ass (like you've been intent on doing) on your way out. Pure class right there.

Clown.
Dunlow66
Wolfonit said:

James Henderson said:

Wolfonit said:

ClePack said:

They have been doing good work over there as late. And, they do not put up video links only. They do transcribe the vast majority of their stuff. I am committing to them. I am not renewing here until I see changes, if any. If not, well wishes to all.

If you are subscribing based on partial transcriptions of video interviews there is probably no reason to be subscribed at all, most of those are free. I know ours are.

Good luck!
You are right. I shouldn't be subscribing here and I am not the only one that feels that way. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
Why are you posting about subscribing on the free forum?
Dunlow66
ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Dont forget some 'committed' kids will re-open their recruitments once the coaching changes start.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Dont forget some 'committed' kids will re-open their recruitments once the coaching changes start.

Dun, in your opinion do you think we get 1 more 2019 guy and then a grad transfer or 2 grad transfers?
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Dun, in your opinion do you think we get 1 more 2019 guy and then a grad transfer or 2 grad transfers?
Honestly, it would not surprise me to see 2 grad transfers if they fit team needs. The staff is really pushing for a big time '2020' class and may want to save a scholarship by going the grad transfer route instead of taking a 'project' type of HS player.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

Dunlow66 said:

ClePack said:

nryanh94 said:

ClePack said:

Honestly, it would not surprise me to see 2 grad transfers if they fit team needs. The staff is really pushing for a big time '2020' class and may want to save a scholarship by going the grad transfer route instead of taking a 'project' type of HS player.

That's what I was thinking they would do based on what they have done previously. I remember Keatts saying he wasn't going to add anyone just to fill a scholarship so I'm confident that whoever they pick up will fit what he wants either next year or for the next few years
mddocisa
Dunlow66 said:

Coach Keatts watched Farmville advance to the State 2A semifinals last night. Next up is Green Co with the winner going to the State Championship.

HoopSeen North Carolina @HoopSeenNC 10h10 hours ago
More

2020 guard Samage Teel with 28 points, 7 rebounds, 4 steals & 4 assists and 2020 PG Justin Wright with 32 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals & 1 block for Farmville Central HS as they advance to the East 2-A Regional Final.
Dun,

Were you at the game? I was at the game but did not see coach but it was awfully crowded in there. Looks like Farmville has a couple of college prospects and should win it all. Unfortunate thing happened during the girls game, a man had a heart attack and eventually died.
TriangleDreamer
TheStorm said:

Wolfonit said:

James Henderson said:

Wolfonit said:

ClePack said:

Good luck!
So far, you are about the only one that feels that way... but please - by all means - show your ass (like you've been intent on doing) on your way out. Pure class right there.

Clown.
Buh bye. And don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya... cuz a door to your face could really hurt.
"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation." ~ Charles Kettering
gopack_83
Dunlow66
OK State coach Mike Boynton visiting Christian Brown today.
Dunlow66
gopack_83 said:

Adam Finkelstein Retweeted

At the half of semifinal 1
@BrewsterHoops 39 @MMAPGBasketball 30

nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

gopack_83 said:

Both guys are playing really well, been really impressed with Seabron
Dunlow66
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

gopack_83 said:

I would bet Seabron contributes more to NCSU(over a career) than Lecque.
nryanh94
Dunlow66 said:

nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

gopack_83 said:

I would bet Seabron contributes more to NCSU(over a career) than Lecque.

I just hope Lecque makes it here lol
Packfan8
nryanh94 said:

Dunlow66 said:

gopack_83 said:

I was about to say the same, I've only been watching for a few minutes but seabron has played really well. I like his ability to drive and finish inside. He's got the tools to be a really good defender as well
Packfan8
Has anyone see the big man play for seabrons team. I've been watching off an on and I haven't seen him in the game
Packfan8
Seabron with a nice pass to his future teammate for a windmill jam lol
Packfan8
Dunlow66
zach smart @zsmart3 27s27 seconds ago
More

Jalen Lecque scored 21 points in @BrewsterHoops 91-73 victory over Massanutten. Jamal Mashburn Jr added 17, including a trio of treys.

Jarren McAllister scored 26 points to pace MMA. Dereon Seabron added 20

Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

zach smart @zsmart3 27s27 seconds ago
More

Jalen Lecque scored 21 points in @BrewsterHoops 91-73 victory over Massanutten. Jamal Mashburn Jr added 17, including a trio of treys.

Jarren McAllister scored 26 points to pace MMA. Dereon Seabron added 20

Both played really well against good competition throughout this tournament
Packfan8
Looks like brown will not wear red next year. Can't say I'm surprised, osu insider has submitted a cab for him and Boynton flew in to see him today
nryanh94
https://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/rosters-for-the-inaugural-big-baller-brand-all-american-game-revealed/

Max Farthing will be a participant in the Big Baller Brand all American game inn march 31
Dunlow66
Packfan8 said:

Looks like brown will not wear red next year. Can't say I'm surprised, osu insider has submitted a cab for him and Boynton flew in to see him today
I think Boynton has been coming in and visiting Brown a few times. This is there last 'in home' visit

I heard a few days ago that Brown would likely announce something at his school in a few weeks(for OK State)

But there have been so many rumors with Brown.

Also have a legit shot at pulling Isaiah Todd but UK/UNC also in it.
TheWhiteWolf
Dunlow66 said:

Packfan8 said:

I think Boynton has been coming in and visiting Brown a few times. This is there last 'in home' visit

I heard a few days ago that Brown would likely announce something at his school in a few weeks(for OK State)

But there have been so many rumors with Brown.

Also have a legit shot at pulling Isaiah Todd but UK/UNC also in it.
If State could land Brown would that open a door for Todd?
Dunlow66
Will likely be eligible next year...from the Cincy area. One of the first good players to annouce a potential PG transfer.

Jon RothsteinVerified account @JonRothstein
FollowingFollowing @JonRothstein
More

West Virginia's James Bolden will transfer, per his Twitter page.
Packfan8
Dunlow66 said:

Will likely be eligible next year...from the Cincy area. One of the first good players to annouce a potential PG transfer.

Jon RothsteinVerified account @JonRothstein
FollowingFollowing @JonRothstein
More

West Virginia's James Bolden will transfer, per his Twitter page.

If Markell leaves then this guy will be a pretty good replacement for 1 year. Shots nearly 40% from 3 on his career
Dunlow66
Not sure who gets on this kid, but I mainly posted him to show that new names could pop up at any time now with the PostGrad rule still in effect.
gopack_83
For those that missed the first round, Lecque will play again tonight at 7 I believe
Packfan8
Dunlow66
3 Crystal Ball predictions for Brown to OK State including Jerry Meyer.
Dunlow66
gopack_83
Lecque looked really good in those games
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 395

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.