Putting My Dog Down

386 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by TheStorm
flylike44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
15 years is a good run. Unfortunately my lil buddy Kiwi is suffering. So we made the decision to pamper her for a few days before we (me, my wife, 2 kids) say goodbye.

If you have a sec, send some prayers her way.

ncsupack1
Thinking about you and your family.
packgrad
God bless you and your family. Such a hard thing to do.
flylike44
ncsupack1 said:

Thinking about you and your family.

Thanks dude
flylike44
packgrad said:

God bless you and your family. Such a hard thing to do.

Thank you my friend
TheStorm
Had a little tear come to my eye as I read this, this morning... that's got to be a difficult decision. Enjoy your time that you have left together.
flylike44
TheStorm said:

Had a little tear come to my eye as I read this, this morning... that's got to be a difficult decision. Enjoy your time that you have left together.

Thanks dude. You've been around longer than I have I think? I joined PP in 2002. It's like we're related!
Gulfstream4
flylike44 said:

15 years is a good run. Unfortunately my lil buddy Kiwi is suffering. So we made the decision to pamper her for a few days before we (me, my wife, 2 kids) say goodbye.

All dogs go to heaven. RIP sweet baby.
flylike44
Gulfstream4 said:

flylike44 said:

All dogs go to heaven. RIP sweet baby.

Thank you brother
Ground_Chuck
Dogs are the best.

Thinking of you and your family.
DrummerboyWolf
We had to put our girl Sophie down in June. It's not easy. They are definitely a member of the family.

We had a vet come to the house. It's expensive, but usually worth it as she is surrounded by family and it's the last thing they see.

Best of luck to you and sending prayers your way.
Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
packofwolves
So sorry to hear this news for your family. Dogs are family members and our best friends. Prayers sent.
hokiewolf
Hardest thing I ever had to do. Miss this guy every day.
CoachCase
Dogs are loyal and faithful. Regardless of what kind of day you are having, they will always be glad to see you. I have been right where you are at too many times. I feel your pain.
TheStorm
Sometimes they also just know when it's time to go on their own. We have been very fortunate that way. Two small indoor dogs and two outdoor cats so far and my wife and I will have to go through it one more time with our little guy who turns 10 next month. He still has a ton of tread left on the tires still, but we know that our time left with him won't be forever. There won't be another one for us after this - it's just too hard when they leave.

Our first dog who we got for our daughter (oldest of our two children) as a puppy for Christmas when she was 2, passed the evening one day short of her (dog's) 16th birthday laying on the couch with my wife watching TV. The 2nd cat almost made it to age 21 (just a few months short) and was still eating just as healthy as he ever was. Would be waiting at the back sliding glass door every morning and late afternoon, to come skulking into the kitchen to get fed and then he'd want to go right back out. Found him lying in his bed / dog dome thing inside our screened-in porch that we kept propped open for him one morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.