US Open -2024

4,748 Views | 112 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Packchem91
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well, I just left Pinehurst after a few of us went down to see things today. Course is looking like it's going to play really tough.

Bryson DeChambeau of course is decked out in Stitch. Ben Kohles is also decked out in Stitch.

This is my brother talking with Bryson…

Glasswolf
Is the course back to regular play instead of that British Open style Links play they had years ago?
Payton Wilson on what he thought of Carter Finley: Drunk Crazy Crowded

caryking
Glasswolf said:

Is the course back to regular play instead of that British Open style Links play they had years ago?
they added more of the long grass in the bunkers. So, I would say its even more Links than before...
grantwolf
I'm going tomorrow and Friday. Will follow Carter Jenkens when I can.
wilmwolf
Was there on Sunday in 2005. I still think that was the one of the most difficult setups I've seen. Greens were like trampolines. That was peak Tiger era and the mass of people following him made the ground rumble. Grateful to have been able to spend Father's Day with my Dad there, I lost him a few years after that.
Just a guy on the sunshine squad.
The Gatekeeper.
jkpackfan
caryking said:

Well, I just left Pinehurst after a few of us went down to see things today. Course is looking like it's going to play really tough.

Bryson DeChambeau of course is decked out in Stitch. Ben Kohles is also decked out in Stitch.

Hook me up with some us open shirts lol. Seriously that's pretty cool
caryking
jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

Actually, those shirts were not planned. They just happen to be wearing the same shirt…. The third guy is Charles Woodward, wearing all Stitch. He is at most tour weekends and is a manufacturer rep. One of the greatest people you will meet…
TheStorm
wilmwolf said:

Was there on Sunday in 2005. I still think that was the one of the most difficult setups I've seen. Greens were like trampolines. That was peak Tiger era and the mass of people following him made the ground rumble. Grateful to have been able to spend Father's Day with my Dad there, I lost him a few years after that.
I was there with my Dad that Sunday as well, thanks for your post that made me remember that... we were there together in 1999 and 2005.
caryking
caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

Actually, those shirts were not planned. They just happen to be wearing the same shirt…. The third guy is Charles Woodward, wearing all Stitch. He is at most tour weekends and is a manufacturer rep. One of the greatest people you will meet…
Also, my brother and Bryson wear the same size shirt…. It's amazing how 30 years age difference has you fill out the shirt differently. My brother will be 60 this year. Still in great shape, just not like Bryson's shape…. Age changes our bodies, for sure…
TheStorm
caryking said:

caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

Also, my brother and Bryson wear the same size shirt…. It's amazing how 30 years age difference has you fill out the shirt differently. My brother will be 60 this year. Still in great shape, just not like Bryson's shape…. Age changes our bodies, for sure…
Thanks for the picture Cary... can't bring myself to pull for Bryson - but I love seeing your product making it into the telecasts!
packgrad
I'll be there Friday.
TheStorm
I was invited to go to practice round today, but just have too much work going on. First time that I haven't made it to at least one day of the Open week at #2.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

Thanks for the picture Cary... can't bring myself to pull for Bryson - but I love seeing your product making it into the telecasts!
I speak about Narratives a lot in the Water Cooler. I believe most are just hogwash. My brother has known Bryson for a number of years. My brother has said that Bryson has always been a great guy, even when he was getting so much negative press. Perhaps they have had a different relationship...

I will say this... yesterday, the people were treating him like a rockstar!!! He spent a bunch of time signing autographs and speaking with people and the kids. Very engaged!!

Also, I had never met him; however, when I shook his hand... WOW!!!! His hands are massive! Also, he is a very fit guy! Also, I don't know if I mentioned it, but I took that picture.
packgrad
I don't know the narratives about Bryson. I remember hearing about guys having issues with him, Brooks in particular, but I don't remember why. It did affect the way I viewed him. I have seen several of Bryson's TikToks though, and they have certainly changed my perception of him. Seems like a good fun guy. Watched him play some holes with kids clubs the other day. Always good to see a reminder of how good they are. Having said that (and completely irrelevant to the topic), I love watching the pros miss the green from 150 yards in.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

I was invited to go to practice round today, but just have too much work going on. First time that I haven't made it to at least one day of the Open week at #2.

I had a chance to go Friday and Sunday but I missed 4 last days of work for a trip to New England so didn't want to miss another day
And then this will be the first Fathers Day since my father passed, so I didn't want to leave my mom (even though she'd insist I do so). Easy decision.

But the place looks incredible
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

caryking said:

jkpackfan said:

caryking said:

Have zero intentions to pull for Bryson, but I think he is the one golfer who left for LIV but actually improved his perception with PGAT fans.
All the rest seemed to have taken a step down
TheStorm
I saw that Robert McIntyre had a STITCH golf bag earlier today on the telecast...
caryking
TheStorm said:

I saw that Robert McIntyre had a STITCH golf bag earlier today on the telecast...
I'll need to check on that. I didn't realize that.

Bryson DeChambeau is wearing the specially designed Crushers Shirt today. It's really nice looking. I wouldn't wear it, personally; however, it has been selling like crazy at the LIV events. Should be online, for sale, soon…
caryking
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Bryson DeChambeau is wearing the specially designed Crushers Shirt today. It's really nice looking. I wouldn't wear it, personally; however, it has been selling like crazy at the LIV events. Should be online, for sale, soon…
McIntyre is not carrying our bag, unless he bought one and is playing with it, which I doubt. We only keep about 10, at any given time, in inventory, and don't sell them. It's purely a marketing piece.

They would be extremely expensive as they are built with a different type of structure, compared to bags you can find around of the same size.
Packchem91
Seems like for years Rory has had a bad first day at majors and basically been out of it by Sunday then shoots the round if the day when it doesn't matter

Today, he's co-leading with an impressive 65. Be interesting to see if he builds on that
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

Seems like for years Rory has had a bad first day at majors and basically been out of it by Sunday then shoots the round if the day when it doesn't matter

Today, he's co-leading with an impressive 65. Be interesting to see if he builds on that

I'm pulling for him, and Scheffler
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

I would prefer Scheffler or Finau of the guys at the top, but would be very happy for Rory if he won. Not pulling against him.

Now Cantlay, I just can't get behind him. And no Frenchmen winning the US, please.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain, amd if not, by Sunday those greens will be reallly tough
Packchem91
Story of the day has to be Jackson Suber, who is 40th on the Korn Ferry tour and failed to make the cut in two PGAT events, gets a break when Rahm WDs and he gets in as alternate
Only to be paired with Jordan Spieth and Hideki. I bet he had more people standing by on the first tee box than he'd ever seen on the whole course.
And then shoots a 69
Richdawg_098
Bryson has always been a great guy even when he was getting so much negative press.
jkpackfan
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

I would prefer Scheffler or Finau of the guys at the top, but would be very happy for Rory if he won. Not pulling against him.

Now Cantlay, I just can't get behind him. And no Frenchmen winning the US, please.

I'm hoping it doesn't rain, amd if not, by Sunday those greens will be reallly tough
Agreed 1000% on Cantlay and the Frenchmen lol.
Packchem91
Richdawg_098 said:

Bryson has always been a great guy even when he was getting so much negative press.

He may have been - but his persona around the course on interviews, etc was very whiny. I don't think I'm unique in that opinion

He seems happier now. He's sure playing well in majors
Packchem91
jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

When I see Pavon (who has been good this year), I cant help but picture him being like Jean Gerard in Talledega Nights
TheStorm
caryking said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

McIntyre is not carrying our bag, unless he bought one and is playing with it, which I doubt. We only keep about 10, at any given time, in inventory, and don't sell them. It's purely a marketing piece.

They would be extremely expensive as they are built with a different type of structure, compared to bags you can find around of the same size.
Well it was laying on the edge of the green when McIntyre was putting so I just assumed it was his... Navy Blue with Orange logo and trim? Where else would I come up with that?

OK - just in case I looked up his playing partners... Mackenzie Hughes and Nick Taylor - someone in that group played that bag yesterday. They tee off this morning at 7:18.
TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

jkpackfan said:

Packchem91 said:

When I see Pavon (who has been good this year), I cant help but picture him being like Jean Gerard in Talledega Nights
I had to think for a second on that one.
TheStorm
Cantlay actually got a new pair of golf shoes earlier this year.
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Well it was laying on the edge of the green when McIntyre was putting so I just assumed it was his... Navy Blue with Orange logo and trim? Where else would I come up with that?

OK - just in case I looked up his playing partners... Mackenzie Hughes and Nick Taylor - someone in that group played that bag yesterday. They tee off this morning at 7:18.
Storm, that makes it more clear…. The Navy Blue bag, with Orange trim is available to buy on Stitchgolf.com

That is a standard bag that we don't use for tour players. Actually, for some reason, I think we have done something with Mackenzie Hughes, in the past. I'll check it out…
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Storm, that makes it more clear…. The Navy Blue bag, with Orange trim is available to buy on Stitchgolf.com

That is a standard bag that we don't use for tour players. Actually, for some reason, I think we have done something with Mackenzie Hughes, in the past. I'll check it out…
OK. So I just looked at the bag on your website and that wasn't exactly it... seems like this one also had white accenting complementing the orange.

Maybe we'll see it today.

BTW, what network is the tourney on today? Yesterday morning it was on USA, and I see no sign of it anywhere this morning.
TheStorm
No TV coverage this morning... Only on Peacock until 1:00 PM.
Packchem91
TheStorm said:

Really? I'm on the office today so would miss regardless, but USA is not covering like yesterday?
That would stink.

TheStorm
Packchem91 said:

TheStorm said:

Really? I'm on the office today so would miss regardless, but USA is not covering like yesterday?
That would stink.

Yes. I'm watching on the US Open website but you can only follow certain groups... so, I'm not going to be able to prove to Cary that he has a STITCH bag on the course.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.