Container Ship Collapses the Francis Scot Key Bridge.

8,446 Views | 199 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Ncsufist
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The video is unbelievable. Prayers for all.

Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
XxNCSUxX
Crazy, and scary.

Those power failures are going to churn up the conspiracy theories.
ncsupack1
Crazy. Saw the video feed, that's some cold water for those involved. I wonder if there was some sort of failure with the ship.
XxNCSUxX
ncsupack1 said:

Crazy. Saw the video feed, that's some cold water for those involved. I wonder if there was some sort of failure with the ship.

Looks to have lost power twice.
DrummerboyWolf
XxNCSUxX said:

ncsupack1 said:

I just saw that video that showed the power go out twice. What a tragedy!

I saw the headline that it was the Francis Scott Key Bridge. There is one of those in Washington, DC and I immediately thought that was it and not the one in Baltimore. I have been over the one in DC dozens of times and probably been over the one in Baltimore too.
ncsupack1
XxNCSUxX said:

ncsupack1 said:

Dang. Terrible
UriahHeepPack
Anyone who has been to Singapore knows they are terrible drivers, so this tracks.
packofwolves
Just terrible. Amazing that 2 people survived and were rescued. Sadly, there are a few still missing.
BBW12OG
UriahHeepPack said:

Anyone who has been to Singapore knows they are terrible drivers, so this tracks.
Now that's definitely steering this ship in a different direction........
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
BBW12OG
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
- Thomas Jefferson
wolfpackinNC
After watching the video, it looks intentional. The boat steered right into the piling
dogplasma
Holy cow, that's the first time I've seen the video. Even recognizing that a central support got wiped out by a massive ship, it's still startling to see how quickly the entire structure collapses. Man, those people on the bridge…
ncsupack1
wolfpackinNC said:

After watching the video, it looks intentional. The boat steered right into the piling

If it lost power depending on current it have drifted into the bridge. Read that the ship sent out a distress.
dogplasma
One person that was on the bridge has apparently been released from the hospital already. Amazing.

Also was told that there was smoke coming from the ship after power was first restored that could be interpreted as a fire or as exhaust from a panicked full reverse. That's just guessing though.
Wufskins
They lost power and gave a warning. Otherwise it could have been way worse had officials not begun to block access to the bridge.
Ncsufist
My understanding is the current flows in and out of the river not laterally. Also the trajectory of the boat doesn't waver once it turned into the support.
ncsupack1
Ncsufist said:

My understanding is the current flows in and out of the river not laterally. Also the trajectory of the boat doesn't waver once it turned into the support.

Either way I don't think it was on purpose.
wolfpackinNC
Ncsufist said:

If the earth was actually round instead of flat, the boat would go around the support. Just more proof....
XxNCSUxX
Ncsufist said:

The current can go multiple directions laterally based on depth and the channels.

Boats that size don't turn on a dime, and I bet they were in full reverse once they knew they would hit.
FlossyDFlynt
wolf howl
FlossyDFlynt said:

With no power he did quite the job of centering it for a direct hit. Honestly not sure he could've hit it more square with power. Prayers to all those souls on the bridge.
BBW12OG
I guess "Angelo" that died 15 years before Sleepy Joe hit his millionth mile on AmTrack was on the same train traversing the Key Bridge with Sleepy Joe...

All of you lefties and pretendependents that claim you hate President Trump because of his lies are 100x worse than anything he could be or be accused of.

You support this clown and then claim piety because you are anti-Trump...... He's much more of liar and conman than President Trump could ever be. I guess having 98% of the media covering for you, backing your lies and NEVER getting fact checked is MARXISM 101.

Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
FlossyDFlynt
wolf howl said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

With no power he did quite the job of centering it for a direct hit. Honestly not sure he could've hit it more square with power. Prayers to all those souls on the bridge.
Purely a guess, but I think after the power restored, they tried to throw it into reverse and not leave the harbor. Once the power was gone again, they were SOL heading straight for the scene of the accident.
barelypure
So this was the 2nd time this container ship has run into something.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ship-that-hit-baltimore-bridge-also-involved-in-2016-antwerp-accident/ar-BB1kzS03
Ship that hit Baltimore bridge also involved in 2016 Antwerp accident

The ship that caused the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore on Tuesday was also involved in an accident in the port of Antwerp, Belgium, in 2016.

The Antwerp port authorities said the container ship Dali hit a quay on July 11, 2016, as it tried to exit the North Sea container terminal.

ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

wolf howl said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Purely a guess, but I think after the power restored, they tried to throw it into reverse and not leave the harbor. Once the power was gone again, they were SOL heading straight for the scene of the accident.

Interesting take, could see this happening though. Hate it for all involved.
wolf howl
FlossyDFlynt said:

wolf howl said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Could be. From that angle it's really hard to get perspective on where everything is in relation to the turn that happened to hit the bridge.
waynecountywolf
wolfpackinNC said:

Ncsufist said:

If the earth was actually round instead of flat, the boat would go around the support. Just more proof....
Site needs more of this.
I am just here for the conspiracy theories
ncsupack1
waynecountywolf said:

wolfpackinNC said:

Ncsufist said:

Site needs more of this.
The Cooler could use a lot more traffic. The rest of the site is on point, and the best for NC State sports.
caryking
I'm started to think this might be intentional…
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
BBW12OG
caryking said:

Hilarious to see how quick Secretary Buttplug was on the scene....

How long did it take him and Sleepy Joe to get to Palestine, Ohio???

Wonder why???
Big Bad Wolf. OG...2002

- Thomas Jefferson
caryking
BBW12OG said:

caryking said:

Wonder why???
Yea, I don't know about that…. We need to pay close attention to this one. Intelligence people are saying this could be a cyber attack of the ships controls…. Done at night as most people will be asleep. This port is extremely important to the flow of many things. Taking out the bridge slows down transportation, of certain goods, north and south…

We will see…. I hope some of these opinions are way off.
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
ncsupack1
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

caryking said:

Wonder why???
Yea, I don't know about that…. We need to pay close attention to this one. Intelligence people are saying this could be a cyber attack of the ships controls…. Done at night as most people will be asleep. This port is extremely important to the flow of many things. Taking out the bridge slows down transportation, of certain goods, north and south…

Interesting
dogplasma
The investigation will determine what happened based on the facts, but that said, how does this appear intentional? They lost power, orders were reported given to steer to port and drop anchor, and they issued a warning to authorities when it was apparent it was out of control.
Ncsufist
You mean like the investigation that has already said it was an accident with hours of the collision?
Werewolf
caryking said:

BBW12OG said:

caryking said:

Wonder why???

Don't know if anyone recalls our naval ships going off course, circling their previous point......several years ago in the vicinity of the South China Sea. There was speculation at the time that the Chinese might have been behind it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.