Water Cooler what are you drinking thread

9,557 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by ncsupack1
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WolfpackUSC said:

Got lucky at the ABC store today.

Yes you did!
ncsupack1
Starting off with something cold, Pina colada's.
ncsupack1
Vodka.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

Vodka.
Sounds good, with the score 3-3, bottom of the eight, I think I'll go downstairs to the resorts bar and order some of that nerve tonic.
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Vodka.
Sounds good, with the score 3-3, bottom of the eight, I think I'll go downstairs to the resorts bar and order some of that nerve tonic.
I get it.
WolfpackUSC
This stuff any good? Saw it behind the counter at the ABC store, figured it was decently hard to find.
TheStorm
WolfpackUSC said:

This stuff any good? Saw it behind the counter at the ABC store, figured it was decently hard to find.

Should be. I have one, but mine's only a nine year.
ncsupack1
Maker's. Too dang hot to sit outside.
ncsupack1
Gentleman Jack as we try and figure dinner out.
FlossyDFlynt
Transfusions. Need to get the grill going here somewhat soon
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

What we grilling?
FlossyDFlynt
ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

What we grilling?
Pizza. At the end of a bag and need a burnout to clean the grill. Worked out timing wise as I am gonna do a long(ish) cook tomorrow
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

What we grilling?
Pizza. At the end of a bag and need a burnout to clean the grill. Worked out timing wise as I am gonna do a long(ish) cook tomorrow
I've never grilled a pizza before and want to at some point.
ncsupack1
Having a drink and watching the waves. A pretty good storm just rolled through here.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

Having a drink and watching the waves. A pretty good storm just rolled through here.
Hey! Where you at?!? Storm came through this area last night right around the time you posted this (first time it has rained here in about 3 weeks). You're staying on the coast north of Wilmington, right?
ncsupack1
Correct, north of Wilmington
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

North Topsail, Surf City or Topsail?

I live on the mainland just across the ICWW from the North Topsail bridge... you need to at least let me buy you a drink or drop off a bottle of Savage Wolves wherever you're staying. DM me an address, and I'll drop something off with my business card attached.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

North Topsail, Surf City or Topsail?

I live on the mainland just across the ICWW from the North Topsail bridge... you need to at least let me buy you a drink or drop off a bottle of Savage Wolves wherever you're staying. DM me an address, and I'll drop something off with my business card attached.
Thanks. I'll take a rain check this time, but we are down here a lot and I'll hit you up next time. That was a strong on yesterday, lot of raining sideways.
ncsupack1
Having some Jack and coke, what's everyone having on this hot day?
FlossyDFlynt
Ranch water. Probably my favorite summer drink
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

Ranch water. Probably my favorite summer drink

Cheers!
Oldsouljer
Gatorade. I'm outside a lot spraying plants or hitting the gym. At my age, I gotta stay hydrated
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

Gatorade. I'm outside a lot spraying plants or hitting the gym. At my age, I gotta stay hydrated

I get it. My dry out starts tomorrow.
ncsupack1
Well, said why not? Makers tonight
ncsupack1
Having some Savage while watching the race.
WolfpackUSC
Went to the Youngsville ABC allocated event today. They had 250 allocated bottles, and you draw a number starting the day before, numbered 1-250. Lower the number, earlier time you enter the store to pick.

Was able to get a Little Book Chapter 8 with pick #41. Expensive thing, but I like the way they do the allocated stuff. Eliminates those dudes that used to camp out before deliveries.
ncsupack1
WolfpackUSC said:

Went to the Youngsville ABC allocated event today. They had 250 allocated bottles, and you draw a number starting the day before, numbered 1-250. Lower the number, earlier time you enter the store to pick.

Was able to get a Little Book Chapter 8 with pick #41. Expensive thing, but I like the way they do the allocated stuff. Eliminates those dudes that used to camp out before deliveries.

I've driven by there and that line is crazy. What am I missing? Do they get stuff others don't? Our local spot has nothing like that.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

I've driven by there and that line is crazy. What am I missing? Do they get stuff others don't? Our local spot has nothing like that.
I've often wondered myself. Youngsville is a redneck town, although it's changing with all the carpetbaggers moving in, thanks to that greedy backstabbing b****** Matt Winslow and his developer buddies. As long as the ABC keeps a steady supply of Makers 46, I don't care what else they have.
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

I've often wondered myself. Youngsville is a redneck town, although it's changing with all the carpetbaggers moving in, thanks to that greedy backstabbing b****** Matt Winslow and his developer buddies. As long as the ABC keeps a steady supply of Makers 46, I don't care what else they have.

I hear ya. BTW, you are the second poster here that has mentioned Matt. What's going on there? I've seen the homes going up.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

I hear ya. BTW, you are the second poster here that has mentioned Matt. What's going on there? I've seen the homes going up.
He's the Don Corleone of Youngsville and king of the developers and he's in the state legislature to protect his interests, and further his control over other developers.
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

He's the Don Corleone of Youngsville and king of the developers and he's in the state legislature to protect his interests, and further his control over other developers.

I got ya.
WolfpackUSC
ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

It's the allocated stuff that NC ABC stores only get so often. Best part is they are way cheaper than getting them out of state. I do think some people in those drawings resale their bottles. Blantons alone is $70, but going for well over $150 out of state.

Yesterday the 10 bottles they had were:
Old Fitzgerald 10Y BiB
Little Book Chapter 8
Blantons
Peerless Double Oaked
Very Old Barton
1792 12Y
1792 Sweet Wheat
High West BIB
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare

I'm building a bar in the house so I'm stocking up on bourbons.
ncsupack1
Wow. I just drink either Jack or Maker's. With some Vodka mixed in.
TheStorm
WolfpackUSC said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

It's the allocated stuff that NC ABC stores only get so often. Best part is they are way cheaper than getting them out of state. I do think some people in those drawings resale their bottles. Blantons alone is $70, but going for well over $150 out of state.

Old Fitzgerald 10Y BiB
Little Book Chapter 8
Blantons
Peerless Double Oaked
Very Old Barton
1792 12Y
1792 Sweet Wheat
High West BIB
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare

Man, I'd love to see wilmwolf's personal opinion on each of those bottles... dude seems like he's had everything at least one time at a minimum.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

WolfpackUSC said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Old Fitzgerald 10Y BiB
Little Book Chapter 8
Blantons
Peerless Double Oaked
Very Old Barton
1792 12Y
1792 Sweet Wheat
High West BIB
Buffalo Trace
Eagle Rare

Man, I'd love to see wilmwolf's personal opinion on each of those bottles... dude seems like he's had everything at least one time at a minimum.
No kidding.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.