Water Cooler what are you drinking thread

9,593 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ncsupack1
GetOffMyLawnPack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Went to the Youngsville ABC allocated event today. They had 250 allocated bottles, and you draw a number starting the day before, numbered 1-250. Lower the number, earlier time you enter the store to pick.

Was able to get a Little Book Chapter 8 with pick #41. Expensive thing, but I like the way they do the allocated stuff. Eliminates those dudes that used to camp out before deliveries.

I've driven by there and that line is crazy. What am I missing? Do they get stuff others don't? Our local spot has nothing like that.
I've often wondered myself. Youngsville is a redneck town, although it's changing with all the carpetbaggers moving in, thanks to that greedy backstabbing b****** Matt Winslow and his developer buddies. As long as the ABC keeps a steady supply of Makers 46, I don't care what else they have.

I hear ya. BTW, you are the second poster here that has mentioned Matt. What's going on there? I've seen the homes going up.
He's the Don Corleone of Youngsville and king of the developers and he's in the state legislature to protect his interests, and further his control over other developers.
^ This. In a former life, he was Director of Franklin County development. After he was gone, they made no secret that they hated him. Yes, the description above is accurate.
GetOffMyLawnPack
ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Went to the Youngsville ABC allocated event today. They had 250 allocated bottles, and you draw a number starting the day before, numbered 1-250. Lower the number, earlier time you enter the store to pick.

Was able to get a Little Book Chapter 8 with pick #41. Expensive thing, but I like the way they do the allocated stuff. Eliminates those dudes that used to camp out before deliveries.

I've driven by there and that line is crazy. What am I missing? Do they get stuff others don't? Our local spot has nothing like that.
Yes, on Tuesday mornings in literally frigid winter weather, I've seen people sitting out there in lawn chairs at 7:30 in the morning wrapped up in blankets.
WolfpackUSC
GetOffMyLawnPack said:

ncsupack1 said:

WolfpackUSC said:

Yes, on Tuesday mornings in literally frigid winter weather, I've seen people sitting out there in lawn chairs at 7:30 in the morning wrapped up in blankets.

That's why they do the drawing now. Prevents that.
ncsupack1
Some Maker's on this Friday while it rains.
ncsupack1
Anyone having anything on another hot day? Vodka, and soda water. Can't wait for the temp to somewhat come down.
Radman
Drinking a couple of TarBanks Brewing (Louisburg) Rangefinder IPAs in the mountains of Virginia. For lunch went to Villa Appalaccia Winery on the Blue Ridge Parkway for wine and a Panini. Life is good!
ncsupack1
Woke up a little foggy this am. Going to kick the day off with coffee.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

Irish?
ncsupack1
Oldsouljer said:

ncsupack1 said:

Irish?

Unfortunately no.
ncsupack1
Vodka this afternoon for the race.
ncsupack1
What a Monday, and of course it's raining. Trying to decide what I want.
Radman
Jai Alai tonight.
Skylitdrive

Picked this up in Chicago a few months ago. Trying not to open it and save it for a few years.
ncsupack1
That's a score
FlossyDFlynt
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. It's been a week
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

Nice. Hopefully the weekend gets better. Maker's here. Cheers!
FlossyDFlynt
ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Just work getting on my nerves all week, it happens

Transfusions tonight
ncsupack1
FlossyDFlynt said:

ncsupack1 said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Just work getting on my nerves all week, it happens

Transfusions tonight
I understand. Some weeks are worse than others. Tell me more about transfusions?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.