Mark Robinson for Governor

16,216 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by caryking
Oldsouljer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

Stein now using fabricated ads against Robinson via AI. As AI continues to get abused in this manner, will society come to reject any information conveyed through electronic means? Interesting sociological question for the future.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/fully-ai-generated-political-tv-ad-takes-aim-at-north-carolina-governors-race/ar-AA1qJtlh
The statement tells the story…. It completely aligns with the narrative about Dems…

"In the past," Sturgill said, "if you wanted to tediously sit there and go through hours of someone's speeches and cut up their words and expertly audio-edit them together, you could still make people say things, but now it's basically a free app, right?

This is a bigger issue than partisan preference….its a powerful mechanism to control people. Robinson never said anything like how he's parodied in that AI-generated hit piece but it's so real, and people are so ignorant of AI, that it's devastating.
Yeah, so....AI didn't exist when Robinson posted his disgusting fantasies and anti-black rhetoric.
Don't bother. That's made up up stuff until the receipts are produced.
Did you read the CNN article? They brought receipts by the truckload.
CNN….there it is.
So you didn't read it.
That would be pointless. CNN has long since been demonstrably ideological and not terribly credible.
You didn't read the article, yet post fact-filled nuggets like this:
"Robinson never said anything like how he's parodied in that AI-generated hit piece but it's so real, and people are so ignorant of AI, that it's devastating."
That's from WRAL, also no friend of Robinson. Why they admitted it, I can't imagine.
grantwolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

grantwolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Heard there may be some more bad news coming for Robinson in the next day or two
It gets worse?
Ive heard two potential ones out there, one probably wouldnt be that surprising (think of some of the negative ads that are out there, its related) and one thats way more in left field. Dont know the validity of either or which one would be coming out.
He's not winning his race, so unless it is something that would affect down-ballot voting, it probably doesn't matter.
grantwolf
Oldsouljer said:

That's from WRAL, also no friend of Robinson. Why they admitted it, I can't imagine.
Ah, I took your comment out of context then. I thought you were describing the CNN article. Apologies.
FlossyDFlynt
grantwolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

grantwolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Heard there may be some more bad news coming for Robinson in the next day or two
It gets worse?
Ive heard two potential ones out there, one probably wouldnt be that surprising (think of some of the negative ads that are out there, its related) and one thats way more in left field. Dont know the validity of either or which one would be coming out.
He's not winning his race, so unless it is something that would affect down-ballot voting, it probably doesn't matter.
I tend to agree. The story from left field might have that affect, but kinda feel like if the other story didnt move the needle for some people, neither of these would either
Oldsouljer
grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Ah, I took your comment out of context then. I thought you were describing the CNN article. Apologies.
Actually, I only used Robinson as an example, I did not mean to make him the central premise. I was originally discussing how dangerous AI could and will likely be in political matters.
grantwolf
Oldsouljer said:

grantwolf said:

Oldsouljer said:

Actually, I only used Robinson as an example, I did not mean to make him the central premise. I was originally discussing how dangerous AI could and will likely be in political matters.
Yep, I'd be in favor of absolutely throttling the use of AI in politics.
Bas2020
AI will only get worse.

For the record, I dont think this particular case is AI. Stein gave this info to CNN, but he would be incredibly stupid to run an AI fabricated hit piece while up by 10 pts. That doesnt make sense.

Trying to ruin a guy's campaign is one thing... trying to destroy his family and business seems a little over the top and cut throat as it relates to this race... again that is not even competitive at this point. IF a republican tried to destroy a black democrat like this ohhh boy... they would be called racist up and down. But no mention of race here which is telling .

As for "AI" I do think the media or some obscure source while try to float some AI material days before the election. Probably a made up phone call with Trump or Vance saying the "N word" which will totally be an AI fabrication... but they will leave it floating in the ether and claim its unverified etc. I can almost guarantee a dirty trick like that will be played.

They will be desperate to come up with something, so I think it will happen or something very similar. All the other OPPO on Trump has obviously been used and or disproven time and time again over the last decade. There is nothing "new" to drop so they will make something up via AI.

CoachCase
I think the majority of Americans who are voting have made up their mind. Not sure who Dems might still be courting, but I do think that Pubs can benefit from some Catholic, Jewish, AA and Hispanic vote that they have not got in the past. Key now is voter registration and turnout. Also, there are less mail-in ballots and that process is more monitored so hopefully those votes are legit. Of course, lot of time left and I would not be surprised if both sides have something left up their sleeves!
Civilized
CoachCase said:

I think the majority of Americans who are voting have made up their mind. Not sure who Dems might still be courting, but I do think that Pubs can benefit from some Catholic, Jewish, AA and Hispanic vote that they have not got in the past. Key now is voter registration and turnout. Also, there are less mail-in ballots and that process is more monitored so hopefully those votes are legit. Of course, lot of time left and I would not be surprised if both sides have something left up their sleeves!

Even Trump has started admitting he lost in 2020. Did it again today at his NC campaign stop.

Pubs now have permission to stop with the "hope the votes are legit" BS. Even Trump has given up on that big loser of a platform.
caryking
Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Even Trump has started admitting he lost in 2020. Did it again today at his NC campaign stop.

Pubs now have permission to stop with the "hope the votes are legit" BS. Even Trump has given up on that big loser of a platform.
Stupid post…. Why would Trump even want to talk about the 2020 election. At this point, that's old news. As long as the Pubs are lawyering up, this election, hopefully will have a better feel, than 2020.
ncsupack1
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Stupid post…. Why would Trump even want to talk about the 2020 election. At this point, that's old news. As long as the Pubs are lawyering up, this election, hopefully will have a better feel, than 2020.

It's not a coincidence that on multiple occasions in the last few weeks he's talked about losing the election.

It's because he knows or has been told by advisors that the Big Lie is a net-negative for his electoral chances.
CoachCase
Civ, you are better than that. I meant that I hope votes are legit for everyone. I want fair elections period. That includes legit and valid registration, as well as no fraud period. If you would have read carefully, I said nothing to suggest partially to either side. I would hope you would too!
Civilized
CoachCase said:

Civ, you are better than that. I meant that I hope votes are legit for everyone. I want fair elections period. That includes legit and valid registration, as well as no fraud period. If you would have read carefully, I said nothing to suggest partially to either side. I would hope you would too!

Why are we spending time hoping for something we've always had?

We've always had fair elections without consequential fraud, including in 2020. This country has never had an issue with election security.

And we have no reason to believe that won't continue.
CoachCase
This country unfortunately has plenty examples of fraudulent elections at all levels of government over the centuries committed by both parties. Examples include Election of 1876, Tweed Ring in NYC and Daley Machine in Chicago to name a few. Of course, I'm sure that most elections overall have been fair. But, to think that the fraud can't occur and not to be vigilant to ensure that it doesn't happen would also be a mistake.
caryking
Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

We've always had fair elections without consequential fraud, including in 2020. This country has never had an issue with election security.

That's like asking… why do we spend time on the Debt? It doesn't matter, according to economist, that you probably revere…

caryking
CoachCase said:

This country unfortunately has plenty examples of fraudulent elections at all levels of government over the centuries committed by both parties. Examples include Election of 1876, Tweed Ring in NYC and Daley Machine in Chicago to name a few. Of course, I'm sure that most elections overall have been fair. But, to think that the fraud can't occur and not to be vigilant to ensure that it doesn't happen would also be a mistake.
Furthermore, I don't know of a single person that doesn't want to count every "legal" vote. Count them all and let the cards fall how they do…

People's opposition to the above makes one question, why?

I mean dang… we sure spend a ton of money and time on a lot of stuff some people (including me) question…
grantwolf
Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

You and I both know the answer to this. Pubs love to shout about "fair elections" because their efforts to "make it more secure" will always result in lower voter turnout....and lower turnouts are good news to pubs.
Civilized
grantwolf said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

You and I both know the answer to this. Pubs love to shout about "fair elections" because their efforts to "make it more secure" will always result in lower voter turnout....and lower turnouts are good news to pubs.

Not just lower turnout across the board, disproportionately lower Dem turnout.

Their efforts always disproportionately affect left-leaning demographics - minorities, college students, elderly Americans, poorer Americans, etc.

This is walking around with a hammer looking for nails. There has never been any evidence of consequential fraud or election insecurity.

It's "fixing" a problem that doesn't exist, with the side-effect of making it harder for people to vote.

I will say that despite this I am all for a federalized program to put photo ID in everyone's hands. This heads off a lot of the objections if we all have photo ID. We can finally stop with the fake concern about "security."

Guess who's resisted an effort to do so in the past?

The real intent of "election security" measures is completely transparent.
CoachCase
Civilized said:

grantwolf said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Their efforts always disproportionately affect left-leaning demographics - minorities, college students, elderly Americans, poorer Americans, etc.

This is walking around with a hammer looking for nails. There has never been any evidence of consequential fraud or election insecurity.

It's "fixing" a problem that doesn't exist, with the side-effect of making it harder for people to vote.

I will say that despite this I am all for a federalized program to put photo ID in everyone's hands. This heads off a lot of the objections if we all have photo ID. We can finally stop with the fake concern about "security."

Wow, you guys are priceless! I want all Americans that are citizens and registered to vote to do just that - vote!
I do not care what political party they are affiliated with! As for photo ID, common sense say yes. It is the Democrats that have always opposed that measure which leads to speculation that wrong doing may occur. No, I do not believe that noncitizens, nonregistered people should be allowed to vote. Do you?
grantwolf
It's pretty rich that the party that claims to want election integrity has nominated a candidate that literally actively and repeatedly schemed to circumvent the will of the people in a free and fair election and aren't at all interested in seeing him punished for it.
CoachCase
Again, I do not believe that noncitizens should be allowed to vote in America. Do you?
SmaptyWolf
CoachCase said:

Again, I do not believe that noncitizens should be allowed to vote in America. Do you?
You realize that's already illegal, right? You have any proof that noncitizens are somehow voting? Hint: They aren't, it's not that hard to check.

Besides, you really think some dude that just walked across multiple countries and risked his life to get here is going to risk getting deported in order to vote in some election he could probably care less about? Have you guys ever thought about this for 30 seconds? You don't think maybe your strings are being pulled?
hokiewolf
CoachCase said:

Civilized said:

grantwolf said:

Civilized said:

CoachCase said:

Wow, you guys are priceless! I want all Americans that are citizens and registered to vote to do just that - vote!
I do not care what political party they are affiliated with! As for photo ID, common sense say yes. It is the Democrats that have always opposed that measure which leads to speculation that wrong doing may occur. No, I do not believe that noncitizens, nonregistered people should be allowed to vote. Do you?
There's a difference between what the average voter wants, and what is a winning strategy for an election. The winning strategy for an election shouldn't be an indictment of everyone who wants voter ID laws because they want to disparage voting rather then have more confidence in the fairness of the election they are voting in.

Those can be two completely different arguments, but they are thrown together lazily and sprinkled with some racial injustice that also isn't proven to make the counter political strategy.
statwolf
https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-carolina-news/lt-gov-mark-robinson-hospitalized-source-close-to-campaign-confirms/
ncsupack1
caryking
Marxist, Liberals, or whatever you want to call them always use tired, old arguments. They have nothing else! Also, they are brilliant at capturing an issue, make it personal, and push until they can't push anymore, which is never.

The same voter crap is being espoused again and again and again. It's really no different than the Good People remark about Charlottesville. They know it's a lie; however, they can't help themselves.

This should be a bipartisan issue to make sure only "real" US Citizens vote in our elections. But… it's not…. Those people want to make it a wedge issue. Why? My only guess is "EVIL".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.