Republican Party

5,169 Views | 129 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by caryking
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking
Werewolf said:

I would hope, people like Hokie, would say Rand Paul is a true conservative. If so, he is saying exactly how I feel.
ncsupack1
Good ideas just hand it over to the Democrats. lol smart move
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Good ideas just hand it over to the Democrats. lol smart move
At some point, we act like conservatives, with policy and/or procedure, or we don't. I'm not a fan of giving anymore aid to Ukraine; however, I know I don't have the only view on the issue. Basically, I would vote "no" on more funding.

That said, the procedure that Congress uses to get bills through is disgusting, to me. This isn't new; however, I would have thought a person, supposedly of integrity, like Johnson, would have gone about this in a straight forward manner. That means, he would follow the rules process he agreed to, when being elected, as Speaker.

So, as a Republican, we are no better than the worst of people, that came before this group.
ncsupack1
I get it. But I also don't want to see Democrats in charge. That isn't good either.
ncsupack1
For those wanting to give up and give the Democratic's power, New York Post has an article about a bill in New York doing away with individual wrap cheese. In the name of climate and waste.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

For those wanting to give up and give the Democratic's power, New York Post has an article about a bill in New York doing away with individual wrap cheese. In the name of climate and waste.
Yep, and if they do that in our US Congress, then that would be a sure fire way for us to win back the Senate and keep the house. NYC is really a bunch of fruit loops.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yep, and if they do that in our US Congress, then that would be a sure fire way for us to win back the Senate and keep the house. NYC is really a bunch of fruit loops.

New York and California.
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah, it's the state banning wrapped cheese that you really have to look out for. Not the lunatic states banning IVF.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Yeah, it's the state banning wrapped cheese that you really have to look out for. Not the lunatic states banning IVF.

Stupid is stupid, don't make it right either way
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

So you've managed to "both sides" banning wrapped cheese versus banning IVF. That perfectly encapsulates the last few decades of our politics.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

So you've managed to "both sides" banning wrapped cheese versus banning IVF. That perfectly encapsulates the last few decades of our politics.

Both are stupid. Who gives a crap about how cheese is wrapped?
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Both are stupid. Who gives a crap about how cheese is wrapped?

Seems like they're trying to combat the amount of trash in our landfills and in our oceans. Akin to grocery stores in some states banning plastic bags.
ncsupack1
Reduce? The city is one big trash pile. Start there, instead of cheese.
Wufskins
It isn't just NYC. Wal Mart, that big ol liberal chain, is eliminating the use of plastic bags in some states.

"Walmart is trying to get ahead of legislation in some states that are cracking down on plastics. Many customers are also demanding change, and Walmart has outlined corporate environmental goals to achieve zero waste in its US operations by 2025."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/business/walmart-plastic-bag-bans-grocery-stores/index.html
SmaptyWolf
Lol, there's an f'ing island of plastic garbage TWICE THE SIZE OF TEXAS swirling in the middle of the Pacific ocean, getting bigger by the day. Let's definitely ignore that.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

It isn't just NYC. Wal Mart, that big ol liberal chain, is eliminating the use of plastic bags in some states.

"Walmart is trying to get ahead of legislation in some states that are cracking down on plastics. Many customers are also demanding change, and Walmart has outlined corporate environmental goals to achieve zero waste in its US operations by 2025."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/business/walmart-plastic-bag-bans-grocery-stores/index.html

Okay, then why not just band all plastic packaging? Seems like that would work?
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

Lol, there's an f'ing island of plastic garbage TWICE THE SIZE OF TEXAS swirling in the middle of the Pacific ocean, getting bigger by the day. Let's definitely ignore that.

I'm sure that other countries do as good as the US. Once again the left loves blaming the world's ills on the US.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

I'm sure that's the ultimate goal but some states are pushing back as they pass laws banning such action.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

I'm sure that's the ultimate goal but some states are pushing back as they pass laws banning such action.

As they should. Free market.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

I'm sure that other countries do as good as the US. Once again the left loves blaming the world's ills on the US.

It's not blaming to point out we have a problem with the overuse of plastic.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

We do, but the clean up only works if everyone ( countries) are pulling the rope in the same direction. Don't you agree?
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

We do, but the clean up only works if everyone ( countries) are pulling the rope in the same direction. Don't you agree?

Agree but if everyone adopted that same approach, nothing would change for the better.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Clearly the concept of "leadership" eludes you.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Agree but if everyone adopted that same approach, nothing would change for the better.

I'm not holding my breath for other countries to adopt. Be nice if they did.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

To do something anything, is the liberal way, even if there is no chance of it working. Seen this play out over time. Then when it fails, you will take the moral high ground. I'm glad though you are showing the way with your zero use of plastic. Congrats
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

To do something anything, is the liberal way, even if there is no chance of it working. Seen this play out over time. Then when it fails, you will take the moral high ground. I'm glad though you are showing the way with your zero use of plastic. Congrats
Most everything you have around you, right now, contains some type of plastic. Keep making yourselves feel good...
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Most everything you have around you, right now, contains some type of plastic. Keep making yourselves feel good...

? Make myself feel good, I'm not a fan of it.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

If we listened to guys like you we'd still be using leaded gas.

Anyway, I personally still use tons of plastic. But if there are easy ways to reduce some of that it's stupid not to. I've tried the Kraft singles that aren't individually wrapped, and shockingly it still tasted the same. Most cheese you buy is already just separated by wax paper. The world doesn't end when you eat it.

Seriously, you guys can be driven to outrage by literally anything. Whatever it takes to "both sides" Republican bad behavior.
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Anyway, I personally still use tons of plastic. But if there are easy ways to reduce some of that it's stupid not to. I've tried the Kraft singles that aren't individually wrapped, and shockingly it still tasted the same. Most cheese you buy is already just separated by wax paper. The world doesn't end when you eat it.

Seriously, you guys can be driven to outrage by literally anything. Whatever it takes to "both sides" Republican bad behavior.

Nobody is outraged. Just laughing at you.
SmaptyWolf
ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Nobody is outraged. Just laughing at you.

Trust me, imagining double-wides across the country packed to the ceiling with stockpiles of individually wrapped Kraft singles is pretty funny.
ncsupack1
Keep fighting the good fight.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Sorry, that wasn't meant for you…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Sorry, that wasn't meant for you…
Go ya. No worries.
Werewolf
The vote, an exact accounting of the #Uniparty.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.