Republican Party

5,432 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by caryking
caryking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is what we are working with…

On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
packofwolves
Republican Party is a total embarrassment regarding the election of a new speaker. They need to do their d**n job and elect someone.
caryking
Go look to see how many people that voted against Jordan are on Appropriations committees…

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Go look to see how many people that voted against Jordan are on Appropriations committees…
yeah, Jordan messed up not getting them on board. I guess using the media to blackmail folks for votes backfired.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
dogplasma
Sure doesn't seem counterproductive to get gov't running again and clean up the mess behind the curtains.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

yeah, Jordan messed up not getting them on board. I guess using the media to blackmail folks for votes backfired.
Hokie, that's just not what happened. There was a large number of Jordan supporters that wanted him to stay on the floor, until they got to a Speaker. Jordan chose to negotiate behind closed doors trying to get these people onboard. So far, it hasn't happened...

I don't think blackmail is a good term for this... BTW, he has a completely different group of bed partners voting against him. I think you may find a good number of these people on appropriations committees...

So, what you should be be thinking about is why these people on appropriations committee are voting against a person that's considered conservative...

Joe Biden
caryking
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Hokie, that's just not what happened. There was a large number of Jordan supporters that wanted him to stay on the floor, until they got to a Speaker. Jordan chose to negotiate behind closed doors trying to get these people onboard. So far, it hasn't happened...

I don't think blackmail is a good term for this... BTW, he has a completely different group of bed partners voting against him. I think you may find a good number of these people on appropriations committees...

So, what you should be be thinking about is why these people on appropriations committee are voting against a person that's considered conservative...
looks like I posted too late...

Joe Biden
Werewolf
identification of the uniparty ….on the record.
caryking
caryking said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

looks like I posted too late...

Maybe not…

Joe Biden
Werewolf
dogplasma said:

Sure doesn't seem counterproductive to get gov't running again and clean up the mess behind the curtains.
Curious as to why it's so essential to get the federal govt working again. Your belief being that its essential to our daily lives?

Only a few aspects of the federal govt are critical on a day-to-day basis.
- military
- immigration and customs

The bulk of the federal govt - as is - does very little for us except strip us of our constitutional rights. Local and state govt - independently or via consortium - could provide most nearly all of the remaining federal govt services.

caryking
Werewolf said:

dogplasma said:

Curious as to why it's so essential to get the federal govt working again. Your belief being that its essential to our daily lives?

- military

The bulk of the federal govt - as is - does very little for us except strip us of our constitutional rights. Local and state govt - independently or via consortium - could provide most nearly all of the remaining federal govt services.
All you need to do is look at your paycheck…. What percentages go to Federal vs State? That will tell you the 10th amendment has been thrown out the window…

Joe Biden
dogplasma
They'd have to be paralyzed a long time to directly impact me or you, I suppose. But they get paid to legislate (or try to) and right now that's not happening. Also, it's reported that security and foreign affairs oversight committees can't perform their oversight functions because they can't get security clearances, so we've lost that function right at a time when it seems most important.
Werewolf
caryking said:

Werewolf said:

dogplasma said:

- military

All you need to do is look at your paycheck…. What percentages go to Federal vs State? That will tell you the 10th amendment has been thrown out the window…
The 1.7 trillion budget deficit is really a manipulated #......it's actually 2 trillion.
Werewolf
dogplasma said:

They'd have to be paralyzed a long time to directly impact me or you, I suppose. But they get paid to legislate (or try to) and right now that's not happening. Also, it's reported that security and foreign affairs oversight committees can't perform their oversight functions because they can't get security clearances, so we've lost that function right at a time when it seems most important.
$2 trillion is the deficit this year. Bet we can cut it to near zero and balance the budget while retaining adequate military and customs........

Scrap the rest of the federal govt for the most part. Actually, we'd be better off without Biden's border patrol.......they're aiding illegal crossings under Biden.

caryking
dogplasma said:

As far as I'm concerned, screw them all…. Biden will do absolutely nothing at the border. I don't want anymore money to foreign wars. So, let the house speaker stay vacant for a year and we will probably be better off.

Jordan never really wanted the position, I'll bet…. Damn near everyone else is crap; so, id rather shut it down!!

I'm fed up with fake conservatives! I'm fed up with stupid democrats! Burn the damn thing down and we will be better!

Joe Biden
caryking
Next speaker of the house?

Joe Biden
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Next speaker of the house?

They need a really big Johnson as Speaker.
caryking
Well, this guy may assemble a great speakership for half of America!!! The other half, well…

Joe Biden
caryking
This is big news!!

Joe Biden
caryking
If this is true…

Joe Biden
hokiewolf
It's not true, it's someone's wet dream to tarnish a guy who took the job of being a congressman very seriously and is fed up with the circus clowns that are being elected more and more who are more interested in being TV stars then legislators.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

It's not true, it's someone's wet dream to tarnish a guy who took the job of being a congressman very seriously and is fed up with the circus clowns that are being elected more and more who are more interested in being TV stars then legislators.
So, you don't know if it's true?

Joe Biden
Werewolf
We are approaching control of the purse. #boomerang

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
I want all you anti-Trumpers to look at this…. The Republican Party we all want to be proud of.. Hokie, you are a Thomas Massie fan, right? Wufskins, this is what I mean when I say.. Democrats play smash mouth Football, when Republicans are Weak!!

ncsupack1
Democrats have always been more organized and have better leadership than the GOP, at least in my life time. For whatever reason when the GOP has power and in the majority they fail more times than not on the national level. The divide has never been more apparent than MAGA and the current leadership.
Wufskins
caryking said:

I want all you anti-Trumpers to look at this…. The Republican Party we all want to be proud of.. Hokie, you are a Thomas Massie fan, right? Wufskins, this is what I mean when I say.. Democrats play smash mouth Football, when Republicans are Weak!!

Take that up with the House Parliamentarian.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

No, just take it up with Speaker Johnson. This is why he has people lining up to boot him out. Unfortunately, if that happens, then Jefferies may end up being Speaker.

Republicans have members announcing their retirement; however, they want leave the house, until after it's too late to replace him. So, we end up with one less seat, until 2024 election with 2025 placement. If you don't think it's intentional, then you are kidding yourself.
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

No, just take it up with Speaker Johnson. This is why he has people lining up to boot him out. Unfortunately, if that happens, then Jefferies may end up being Speaker.

Republicans have members announcing their retirement; however, they want leave the house, until after it's too late to replace him. So, we end up with one less seat, until 2024 election with 2025 placement. If you don't think it's intentional, then you are kidding yourself.
Unless Louisiana's primary season isn't over, Johnson may be safe for two more years. But next cycle, it might be his constituents who replace him. What he's done is nothing short of a betrayal of the expectations of conservative voters.
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Unless Louisiana's primary season isn't over, Johnson may be safe for two more years. But next cycle, it might be his constituents who replace him. What he's done is nothing short of a betrayal of the expectations of conservative voters.
I agree and what he's done is why Establishment Republicans are needing to be replaced, across the country. Unfortunately, we have too many Fox News watchers that don't see the real problem, within the Republican Party. My family (not immediate) are the prototypical Republicans.

I don't think people should like like the following Republicans; however, they are fighting the real conservative ideals: Gosar, Gaetz, Mace, Roy, Taylor-Green, Bobert, sometimes Massie, Gold, and a few others. Heck, even Spartz, the foreign born Representative, is really solid!

I think most people had high hopes for Johnson; however, he has shown that he's no better than McCarthy.

hokiewolf
The fact that you think Gaetz, Mace, Taylor-Green, & Bobert are true conservatives Is laughable. They will destroy any credibility conservatives will have for a generation if they continue to be representatives in the House.
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

The fact that you think Gaetz, Mace, Taylor-Green, & Bobert are true conservatives Is laughable. They will destroy any credibility conservatives will have for a generation if they continue to be representatives in the House.
An evidentiary explanation of this claim is in order. What then, specifically defines a true conservative?
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

An evidentiary explanation of this claim is in order. What then, specifically defines a true conservative?
I'm a true conservative. I also want our country back. I want to use any tool we have to bring us back to limited government. Right now, the only true conservative ideals is to bring the Federal Government back in some type of norm. Now, I truly want a strict constitutionalist; however, it's a step at a time, Hokie. Hanging on to what you think is true conservatism is fools gold. They aren't! Heck, I don't even know who you think is conservative…

WE HAVE TO FIGHT TO CHANGE THE STATUS QUO…

Like him or not (I know, some think he's a grift), this is the rhetoric we need to listen to, for step one. After that, it's getting back to true conservatism!!

caryking
hokiewolf said:

Hokie, in the House who do you think is a true conservative?
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

First and foremost, someone who is interested in governing rather than bomb throwing and trying to get on cable news every night.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

First and foremost, someone who is interested in governing rather than bomb throwing and trying to get on cable news every night.
So, who is that? Hokie, you're calling out people I named…. Give me a name that you think represents conservatism..
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.