Republican Party

11,367 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 29 days ago by Werewolf
Wufskins
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

I want all you anti-Trumpers to look at this…. The Republican Party we all want to be proud of.. Hokie, you are a Thomas Massie fan, right? Wufskins, this is what I mean when I say.. Democrats play smash mouth Football, when Republicans are Weak!!

Take that up with the House Parliamentarian.
No, just take it up with Speaker Johnson. This is why he has people lining up to boot him out. Unfortunately, if that happens, then Jefferies may end up being Speaker.

Republicans have members announcing their retirement; however, they want leave the house, until after it's too late to replace him. So, we end up with one less seat, until 2024 election with 2025 placement. If you don't think it's intentional, then you are kidding yourself.
Unless Louisiana's primary season isn't over, Johnson may be safe for two more years. But next cycle, it might be his constituents who replace him. What he's done is nothing short of a betrayal of the expectations of conservative voters.
I agree and what he's done is why Establishment Republicans are needing to be replaced, across the country. Unfortunately, we have too many Fox News watchers that don't see the real problem, within the Republican Party. My family (not immediate) are the prototypical Republicans.

I don't think people should like like the following Republicans; however, they are fighting the real conservative ideals: Gosar, Gaetz, Mace, Roy, Taylor-Green, Bobert, sometimes Massie, Gold, and a few others. Heck, even Spartz, the foreign born Representative, is really solid!

I think most people had high hopes for Johnson; however, he has shown that he's no better than McCarthy.

lol at Gropert "fighting for real conservative ideals."
Oldsouljer
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

The fact that you think Gaetz, Mace, Taylor-Green, & Bobert are true conservatives Is laughable. They will destroy any credibility conservatives will have for a generation if they continue to be representatives in the House.
Hokie, in the House who do you think is a true conservative?
First and foremost, someone who is interested in governing rather than bomb throwing and trying to get on cable news every night.
Governing? By itself, that's an ambiguous term. What results should be expected from governing? Fiscal responsibility? Defending the borders from an onslaught of illegal entry? Ensuring equal application of law? Creating the most advantageous economic conditions for the citizenry? None of these things are a thing right now, and it's not the supposed bomb throwers that are primarily responsible. They're clearly a minority so they couldn't be.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

I want all you anti-Trumpers to look at this…. The Republican Party we all want to be proud of.. Hokie, you are a Thomas Massie fan, right? Wufskins, this is what I mean when I say.. Democrats play smash mouth Football, when Republicans are Weak!!

No, just take it up with Speaker Johnson. This is why he has people lining up to boot him out. Unfortunately, if that happens, then Jefferies may end up being Speaker.

Republicans have members announcing their retirement; however, they want leave the house, until after it's too late to replace him. So, we end up with one less seat, until 2024 election with 2025 placement. If you don't think it's intentional, then you are kidding yourself.
Unless Louisiana's primary season isn't over, Johnson may be safe for two more years. But next cycle, it might be his constituents who replace him. What he's done is nothing short of a betrayal of the expectations of conservative voters.
I agree and what he's done is why Establishment Republicans are needing to be replaced, across the country. Unfortunately, we have too many Fox News watchers that don't see the real problem, within the Republican Party. My family (not immediate) are the prototypical Republicans.

I don't think people should like like the following Republicans; however, they are fighting the real conservative ideals: Gosar, Gaetz, Mace, Roy, Taylor-Green, Bobert, sometimes Massie, Gold, and a few others. Heck, even Spartz, the foreign born Representative, is really solid!

I think most people had high hopes for Johnson; however, he has shown that he's no better than McCarthy.

Why don't you try and understand what I'm saying as opposed to the irrelevant post…
Wufskins
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Why don't you try and understand what I'm saying as opposed to the irrelevant post…

Why don't you list what she has accomplished with putting forth bills or co-sponsored bills that fight for real conservative ideals?
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

The fact that you think Gaetz, Mace, Taylor-Green, & Bobert are true conservatives Is laughable. They will destroy any credibility conservatives will have for a generation if they continue to be representatives in the House.
First and foremost, someone who is interested in governing rather than bomb throwing and trying to get on cable news every night.
Governing? By itself, that's an ambiguous term. What results should be expected from governing? Fiscal responsibility? Defending the borders from an onslaught of illegal entry? Ensuring equal application of law? Creating the most advantageous economic conditions for the citizenry? None of these things are a thing right now, and it's not the supposed bomb throwers that are primarily responsible. They're clearly a minority so they couldn't be.
So true. Why would it not be governing to require one member (speaker, in this case) to follow rules that are part of any norm? Johnson just violated exactly what he said he would do when nominated and elected Speaker.

Think about what he allowed to happen…

A bill, from the last Congress, was passed for Veteran Health services. Between Johnson and Schumer, they took that bill, stripped all the words from it, and created a funding bill for Ukraine and Israel. Nothing from the original bill passed was included in this newly written bill, using the same bill number, by the Senate. The rules committee allowed this to happen, violating their commitment, via pressure (I'd bet), or collusion with Johnson and the Dems.

If you don't understand what happened, don't be a sideline *****ing person and dive deep into the details of how this happened. It's disgusting!!
Wufskins
You left off, "and was passed overwhelmingly with bipartisan support."
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Why don't you list what she has accomplished with putting forth bills or co-sponsored bills that fight for real conservative ideals?
Don't change the subject, yet again, please…. ***** and moan about people as opposed to understanding what's actually happening. If this is really how you like to do things (which I hope not), then you are not a serious person, which is sad.
Wufskins
*** are you talking about? Change the subject. The subject is a quote from you.
caryking
Wufskins said:

*** are you talking about? Change the subject. The subject is a quote from you.
Because I use peoples names for holding the speaker accountable, you then call out a person in a slanderous way and asked what they have done passing, sponsoring a bill, how in the hell is that not changing the subject?

Actually, what do you think the subject is?
Wufskins
No I asked how are they fighting for real conservative ideals thru legislation. They are a pain in the side of the Republican Party. They refuse to compromise. Is that why you revere them?
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Since you guys have been radicalized and completely lost the plot, let me help. "Governing" is accepting that in a country of 330 million people there are going to be a LOT of different opinions on which way to steer the ship, and if your job is to represent people in congress then you need to accept you will NEVER get even close to everything you want.

Guess what? Even in that tangled mess of compromise we're currently the most powerful country on Earth with the strongest economy on Earth. Of course you act like we're Haiti when a Dem is in the White House, in order to justify your increasingly anti-American thinking.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

No I asked how are they fighting for real conservative ideals thru legislation. They are a pain in the side of the Republican Party. They refuse to compromise. Is that why you revere them?

My problem is the childish antics that they bring. I don't know if any of them know what true conservative values mean. It's a talking point. Most of them have dumpster fire personal lives and have near zero morals. The poster child for this is Mark Roberson. This is coming from a conservative person politically.
caryking
Wufskins said:

Procedure (rules), according to all Speakers, is far more important than policy. So, for now, if they hold the system to procedure (policy), then that's a win! Sponsoring a bill isn't the bellwether to win me over. Standing up to the system is the most important thing some of these representatives can do.

It's the system that is lost! We can include most republicans and all Democrats in this equation. BTW, there is a time to compromise and then there isn't. Taking a bill, created in the last congress and gerrymandering it into something else is disingenuous, at best.

So YES, if they do things like this, then I guess I revere them (your words)!
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

My problem is the childish antics that they bring. I don't know if any of them know what true conservative values mean. It's a talking point. Most of them have dumpster fire personal lives and have near zero morals. The poster child for this is Mark Roberson. This is coming from a conservative person politically.
All I can say is learn what they want to do. If you still find them childish; then, so be it…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

All I can say is learn what they want to do. If you still find them childish; then, so be it…

Other than throwing temper tantrums and jerking off boyfriends in a theatre, what are they doing other than raising money off of it? It's costing them power and GOP majorities. That's just my take, there are ways to present their ideas to the table, but they end up drowning themselves out.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

So, who is that? Hokie, you're calling out people I named…. Give me a name that you think represents conservatism..
anyone that doesn't believe that there is a trade off between funding our allies when they are attacked with the border issue. Both can happen. Take the Senate bill, negotiate the best you can and pass it. Take the win. It's better than what currently is happening.

Also someone who has a long term plan and knows it takes 3-5 election cycles to get the numbers needed to pass better legislation. This continual catastrophising of each election being a moratorium on whether the United States will fail is both exhausting and short sighted. It's the real reason why you can't get what you want.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

So, who is that? Hokie, you're calling out people I named…. Give me a name that you think represents conservatism..
anyone that doesn't believe that there is a trade off between funding our allies when they are attacked with the border issue. Both can happen. Take the Senate bill, negotiate the best you can and pass it. Take the win. It's better than what currently is happening.

Also someone who has a long term plan and knows it takes 3-5 election cycles to get the numbers needed to pass better legislation. This continual catastrophising of each election being a moratorium on whether the United States will fail is both exhausting and short sighted. It's the real reason why you can't get what you want.
I guess you're saying that n one is up to your approval. If they were, you would be able to name someone. What am I missing?
ncsupack1
I don't mind funding, but I want to where that money is going. I'm not a fan of a open check book.
Wufskins
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I guess you're saying that n one is up to your approval. If they were, you would be able to name someone. What am I missing?

Liz Cheney was and still is. Same for Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell. There are plenty in the Senate. The House GOP is a mess.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Liz Cheney was and still is. Same for Mitt Romney, Mitch McConnell. There are plenty in the Senate. The House GOP is a mess.
You see, that's where we disagree. I think you've said you are more Republican than Democrat. Based on the names you just gave, tells me how we see things differently. No problem. We can't all see things the same way.

BTW, I do appreciate you telling me what you think. I have no problem talking/debating with people that have different views.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

I don't mind funding, but I want to where that money is going. I'm not a fan of an open check book.
I do. We are 35T in debt and running 2.5T in deficits for the foreseeable future. At some point, we have to quit spending money. I think Europe can step up to support their landmass in this terrible conflict.

BTW, I don't think Putin is some Saint; rather, I think his KGB background is still very prevalent.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

You see, that's where we disagree. I think you've said you are more Republican than Democrat. Based on the names you just gave, tells me how we see things differently. No problem. We can't all see things the same way.

BTW, I do appreciate you telling me what you think. I have no problem talking/debating with people that have different views.
Folks now like Mitt and Liz cause they are never Trumpers. I remember a time ago Dems hated anyone with Cheney in the name. I'm sure Mitt was also disliked cause of personal wealth, now the shoe fits for some.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

I don't mind funding, but I want to where that money is going. I'm not a fan of an open check book.
I do. We are 35T in debt and running 2.5T in deficits for the foreseeable future. At some point, we have to quit spending money. I think Europe can step up to support their landmass in this terrible conflict.

BTW, I don't think Putin is some Saint; rather, I think his KGB background is still very prevalent.
Europe most def, agree here. I do feel we need to help Israel, jmo.
Wufskins
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I'm more Democrat than Republican. Fiscally conservative but socially liberal.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Folks now like Mitt and Liz cause they are never Trumpers. I remember a time ago Dems hated anyone with Cheney in the name. I'm sure Mitt was also disliked cause of personal wealth, now the shoe fits for some.

I don't like Cheney's views. She voted with Trump far more than Stefanik. The question was about who I thought are true conservatives. Just because she stood up to Trump doesn't mean I like her views. I do respect her for standing firm in her beliefs, when she could have easily kissed the ring to stay in office. And yes, her dad is still an evil sob.
caryking
Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Fair enough. What fiscally conservative views do you hold?
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I don't like Cheney's views. She voted with Trump far more than Stefanik. The question was about who I thought are true conservatives. Just because she stood up to Trump doesn't mean I like her views. I do respect her for standing firm in her beliefs, when she could have easily kissed the ring to stay in office. And yes, her dad is still an evil sob.
I got ya. I was more so speaking in generals. I see now folks talking highly of her and Mitt, and not too long ago folks disliked them.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Fair enough. What fiscally conservative views do you hold?
Good question.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

I got ya. I was more so speaking in generals. I see now folks talking highly of her and Mitt, and not too long ago folks disliked them.

Conversely, I see people crapping on Liz and Mitt when previously one was a ranking member in the House and the other a previous nominee for president. That's how much Trump has taken over the GOP.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Conversely, I see people crapping on Liz and Mitt when previously one was a ranking member in the House and the other a previous nominee for president. That's how much Trump has taken over the GOP.
LOL.. it's a dang mess for sure, I'll give you that.
caryking
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

This "so-called" take overs of the GOP is nothing different that the old Tea Party movement. It's basically the ideals with a new figure head. I don't really know anyone that was significantly enthusiastic for Mitt. He was who we had, so, we supported him.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

This "so-called" take overs of the GOP is nothing different that the old Tea Party movement. It's basically the ideals with a new figure head. I don't really know anyone that was significantly enthusiastic for Mitt. He was who we had, so, we supported him.

Mitt is a door knob…
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Mitt is a door knob…

Agree! Is and was a door knob…
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Mitt is a door knob…

Agree! Is and was a door knob…

Agree
Buzzosborne
I'm proud to have voted for Romney. Last intelligent R to run for POTUS. We'd have have never had the orange f-ktard in power if he'd won.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.