2024 Elections

84,893 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ncsupack1
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

Except you're missing the rest of the story.

They're pushing illegals into nlue states that are losing population so that NY and CA representation in Congress isn't affected. Bring in enough illegals into these blue states and they might even gain some seats. Remember the census counts everyone, including illegals, for the purpose of allocation of Congress and Federal money.

If the Republicans can somehow wrest control from the Democrats they need to pass a bill that only American citizens are counted in the census. Do that and it removes a reason Democrats want all they can get
Unequivocally
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

caryking said:

Here you go Oldsouljer…

So now that inflation is way down, we're crafting new ways to try to prop up the idea that inflation is still OMG BAD?

Yesterday on here it was "Yeah but in 1980 we calculated inflation different..."

Today it's gold.

Why are we looking at gold to measure inflation when we can just look at, you know, inflation to measure inflation?
Inflation isn't way down. There's a reason why federal employees received a record 5.2% COLA to begin 2024. The rate of inflation is reduced somewhat from last year, but that is still a bad thing because inflation is cumulative.
Wufskins
But the cola for SS beneficiaries is down from 2023 record increase.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Here you go Oldsouljer…

So now that inflation is way down, we're crafting new ways to try to prop up the idea that inflation is still OMG BAD?

Yesterday on here it was "Yeah but in 1980 we calculated inflation different..."

Today it's gold.

Why are we looking at gold to measure inflation when we can just look at, you know, inflation to measure inflation?
Inflation isn't way down. There's a reason why federal employees received a record 5.2% COLA to begin 2024. The rate of inflation is reduced somewhat from last year, but that is still a bad thing because inflation is cumulative.

The 5.2% pay raise was elective, as part of a Biden executive order. That was not the COLA bump for this year.

SS Admin COLA fell to 3.2% this year, from 8.7% the year prior and 5.9% the year before that.

Saying the inflation rate is down but "inflation isn't" is semantic mumbo-jumbo. When we talk about and gauge inflation, it's always the rate we're referring to.

And yes, inflation is definitely way down. It peaked at 9.1% in mid-2022 and is now hovering a little over 3%.
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Here you go Oldsouljer…

Today it's gold.

The 5.2% pay raise was elective, as part of a Biden executive order. That was not the COLA bump for this year.

SS Admin COLA fell to 3.2% this year, from 8.7% the year prior and 5.9% the year before that.

Saying the inflation rate is down but "inflation isn't" is semantic mumbo-jumbo. When we talk about and gauge inflation, it's always the rate we're referring to.

And yes, inflation is definitely way down. It peaked at 9.1% in mid-2022 and is now hovering a little over 3%.
I never mentioned SS, that's a totally different issue from the federal work force, and isn't treated the same as the active federal work force. Inflation and inflation rate are two distinctly things. That 9.1% rate of inflation of mid-2022 is still with us today, baked into todays prices, which continue to rise at current rate of 3.2% as of February 2024.
Civilized
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Here you go Oldsouljer…

Today it's gold.

I never mentioned SS, that's a totally different issue from the federal work force, and isn't treated the same as the active federal work force. Inflation and inflation rate are two distinctly things. That 9.1% rate of inflation of mid-2022 is still with us today, baked into todays prices, which continue to rise at current rate of 3.2% as of February 2024.

Right. But inflation is water under the bridge. There's nothing to be done about it now. The target inflation rate of 2.x% is the same regardless of whether the prior year's inflation rate was 10% or 3%. We're a helluva lot closer to the target inflation rate now than we were two years ago.

The SS Admin's COLA numbers are commonly cited as a reflection of inflation trends because they're calculated using the average inflation rate for the preceding year.

The federal workforce pay increases are at the discretion of the President and are much less quantitative. But to the extent you want to for some reason focus on this arbitrary metric, you should include the fact that Biden has proposed a 2% increase for 2025, almost certainly due to the diminishing inflation rate.
SmaptyWolf
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

Here you go Oldsouljer…

Today it's gold.

Of course you forgot to mention wages. Here's an interesting graph that tells the whole story:

You can cherry pick specific items that are overly inflated to make scary headlines, but since 2019, the overall cost of groceries has only increased 1.5% more than average wages. 1.5%!!!

If you only point to inflation but ignore the wages that always go up to compensate for it then you're being disingenuous. Both have steadily climbed in unison since a hamburger cost a nickel.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

They're pushing illegals into nlue states that are losing population so that NY and CA representation in Congress isn't affected. Bring in enough illegals into these blue states and they might even gain some seats. Remember the census counts everyone, including illegals, for the purpose of allocation of Congress and Federal money.

If the Republicans can somehow wrest control from the Democrats they need to pass a bill that only American citizens are counted in the census. Do that and it removes a reason Democrats want all they can get

Maybe Texas's governor should stop bussing illegals to NY? Whoopsie!
Or maybe Biden should stop flying illegals on the taxpayer's dime, 320,000 at last count, from their home country into TX and FL to turn those states blue. Double whoopsie!!
barelypure
Well there goes some people's hopes and dreams. No Labels' third-party path to the White House appears to have reached a dead end. Despite having secured ballot access in several states, the organization announced on April 4 that it was abandoning its search for two candidates to fill out its presidential ticket.

"No Labels has always said we would only offer our ballot line to a ticket if we could identify candidates with a credible path to winning the White House. No such candidates emerged, so the responsible course of action is for us to stand down," the centrist group said in a statement.
Ground_Chuck
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Werewolf said:

Maybe Texas's governor should stop bussing illegals to NY? Whoopsie!
Or maybe Biden should stop flying illegals on the taxpayer's dime, 320,000 at last count, from their home country into TX and FL to turn those states blue. Doiuble whoopsie!!
here is an AP explainer on the Biden Administrations use of parole authority to legally migrate about 30k people a month.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-misinformation-immigrants-parole-biden-trump-musk-dbd634820b3f8d07b859b8a05b2b20a7

Quote:

But migrants are not being flown into the U.S. randomly. Under a Biden policy in effect since January 2023, up to 30,000 people from Cuba, Haiti, Nicaragua and Venezuela can enter the country monthly if they apply online with a financial sponsor and arrive at a specified airport, paying their own way. Biden exercised his "parole" authority, which, under a 1952 law, allows him to admit people "only on a case-by-case basis for urgent humanitarian reasons or significant public benefit."
Werewolf
I appreciate that you show up every once a while Chuck. Do you really believe these fact checker sites are the authorities on an issue? They are part of the fake news with the angle that "we're going to correct the info that's out there". Who owns these sites........ever wonder?
Wufskins
Werewolf said:

I appreciate that you show up every once a while Chuck. Do you really believe these fact checker sites are the authorities on an issue? They are part of the fake news with the angle that "we're going to correct the info that's out there". Who owns these sites........ever wonder?

Any of those sites have to pay out close to a billion due to the misinformation they printed or aired?
Werewolf
Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Any of those sites have to pay out close to a billion due to the misinformation they printed or aired?
Fact checkers told you the jab would protect you from the virus. Fact checkers told you that jab was safe. That worked out well for ya didn't it.
Carry on grasshopper.
Wufskins
Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Fact checkers told you the jab would protect you from the virus. Fact checkers told you that jab was safe. That worked out well for ya didn't it.
Carry on grasshopper.

Double vaccinated and boosted. Still haven't gotten it since.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

That you know of. That's why mask are so effective…our " experts " told us so.
Buzzosborne
Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Well I'm not growing a second head from the vaccine or the booster. Did you resist injecting bleach when THE expert told you to?
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Well I'm not growing a second head from the vaccine or the booster. Did you resist injecting bleach when THE expert told you to?

Ha…nice come back. I chose to do neither. And I'm still here. How many " experts " were wrong and want amnesty now?
Werewolf
Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

B da man, do it again!
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Ha…nice come back. I chose to do neither. And I'm still here. How many " experts " were wrong and want amnesty now?

Plenty of people got it wrong. Mostly those that died because they were unvaccinated. You do you. I don't want the government telling me I have to get vaccinated and I don't want the government making decisions that should be made by people and their healthcare provider(s).
Wufskins
Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

B da man, do it again!

I just may, thanks for the encouragement! I listened to Mr Swift and got the double jab last fall. Haven't gotten the flu or covid.
Werewolf
Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

B da man, do it again!

I just may, thanks for the encouragement! I listened to Mr Swift and got the double jab last fall. Haven't gotten the flu or covid.
It was so effective you should certainly have another. You and #Nappy could be called the Pfizer Boys .......as a pair on TV.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Plenty of people got it wrong. Mostly those that died because they were unvaccinated. You do you. I don't want the government telling me I have to get vaccinated and I don't want the government making decisions that should be made by people and their healthcare provider(s).

And plenty died that got the shot. My biggest issue was the government trying to mandate that vaccine, which Biden tried to for many folks but I do agree that the government should stay out of it. Everyone has their own choice to make.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

And plenty died that got the shot. My biggest issue was the government trying to mandate that vaccine, which Biden tried to for many folks but I do agree that the government should stay out of it. Everyone has their own choice to make.

And some tried to mandate what private businesses wanted to do, like with DeSantis and the cruise ships.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

And some tried to mandate what private businesses wanted to do, like with DeSantis and the cruise ships.

Didn't Biden try to mandate private businesses as well? You can cover for the massive screw up job that the government did. It was a joke from day one and for a lot of people, they lost trust in some institutions. I'm also sick of hearing the ol we didn't know. BS….From Trump to your guy Biden, Covid was a massive fumble by the government.
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Didn't Biden try to mandate private businesses as well? You can cover for the massive screw up job that the government did. It was a joke from day one and for a lot of people, they lost trust in some institutions. I'm also sick of hearing the ol we didn't know. BS….From Trump to your guy Biden, Covid was a massive fumble by the government.

Would be nice to have the ability to see into a crystal ball. Instead all we saw were people dropping like flies all over the world.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

Would be nice to have the ability to see into a crystal ball. Instead all we saw were people dropping like flies all over the world.

So just panicking is the answer? I also recall some in the medical field voice concerns and try to give advice and were shut down. The conversation was one damn sided. Don't give me the crap of crystal ball, there were other voices. Sorry that you can't speak bad at all about your side…and you talk about the Trump cult…
Werewolf
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

You followed MSM closely I'm sure..........you should continue to follow their guidance re COVID, the jab and all future pandemics........it will serve this country well.
Wufskins
Loving all this positivity from Werewolf. It's refreshing to see. Keep it up my friend!
Wufskins
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

So just panicking is the answer? I also recall some in the medical field voice concerns and try to give advice and were shut down. The conversation was one damn sided. Don't give me the crap of crystal ball, there were other voices. Sorry that you can't speak bad at all about your side…and you talk about the Trump cult…

I've been critical of the Biden administration numerous times. You can paint me as Biden is my guy. Hell Michael Jordan would be my guy if I thought he could keep Trump out of the WH. I made the mistake in 2016 of voting third party cuz I couldn't stomach for years of Clinton. I won't make that mistake again.

Continue on with your Monday morning quarterbacking. I've got a dog to walk before a stressful but mammoth night for my State fandom.
ncsupack1
Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

I've been critical of the Biden administration numerous times. You can paint me as Biden is my guy. Hell Michael Jordan would be my guy if I thought he could keep Trump out of the WH. I made the mistake in 2016 of voting third party cuz I couldn't stomach for years of Clinton. I won't make that mistake again.

Continue on with your Monday morning quarterbacking. I've got a dog to walk before a stressful but mammoth night for my State fandom.
I'll wait and see what kind of issues you have of Biden. Monday morning BS, there were people that had tried, and some folks would just rather move on. More folks need to be called out for it. BTW, enjoy the walk with the dog....I always enjoy doing that and GO State!
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

ncsupack1 said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Wufskins said:

Werewolf said:

Carry on grasshopper.

It's my body, it's my choice…. Then you ask, why do you have a male inside you? Is that male you or another body?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
Ground_Chuck
Werewolf said:

The parole authority that Biden is using comes from a 1952 law. Its a cold war era law.

Its a reasonable position to dislike the use of the authority in this case. I was just posting that 320k+ migrants are not illegals.

Too often in the immigration debate the distinction between legal and illegal immigration is blurred.

Regarding the fact check, its an AP link.
Werewolf
I agree. It's the AP.
barelypure
If you want to read a positive Biden article explanation of why they are flying them in

https://www.snopes.com/news/2024/03/07/320000-unvetted-migrants/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.