2024 Elections

56,160 Views | 1112 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ncsupack1
Werewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
.......an easy com. LOL
Werewolf
packgrad
lol
Werewolf
Werewolf
Sieve, ur man is laying down the gauntlet!
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
100 million in Iowa.....where does that much money come from?
DrummerboyWolf
DeSantis suspends his campaign and endorses Trump. He also slams Nikki Haley.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis-ends-presidential-bid-201129134.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Being an N. C. State fan builds great character!
Werewolf
Gotta make a few of the RINOs here read it.

"It's clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Donald Trump another chance," he said in a video posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary comes Tuesday.

DeSantis derided former U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley, long his closest rival for second place in the primary race, saying Republicans "can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Civilized
DrummerboyWolf said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ron-desantis-ends-presidential-bid-201129134.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

According to Ron, Republicans "can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."

"Warmed-over corporatism" is the worst thing you can say about Haley, and somehow that's worse for America than a President that attacks democracy itself?

Interesting analysis, Ron.
caryking
Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

According to Ron, Republicans "can't go back to the old Republican guard of yesteryear, a repackaged form of warmed-over corporatism that Nikki Haley represents."

"Warmed-over corporatism" is the worst thing you can say about Haley, and somehow that's worse for America than a President that attacks democracy itself?

Civ, I know you will never vote for a Republican and that's okโ€ฆ. That said, people like Hokie are in the minority within the Republican Party.

I've said it beforeโ€ฆ no candidate is perfect! Trump isn't perfect! Trump represents a feeling, in this country, by many that are tired of the corporatists controlling things. Corporatists, Wall Street, International Organizations, want nothing less than maintaining control and keeping people hanging onโ€ฆ

Don't believeโ€ฆ I suggest trying different media. Mix it in with mainstream stuff, then you will understand the sentiment of many.
On the illegal or criminal immigrantsโ€ฆ

โ€œthey built the country, the reason our economy is growingโ€

Joe Biden
Werewolf
If you don't recall, Leo Terrell was the liberal on Hannity several years back and convert to a Trump supporter after seeing Trump fulfilling many of his promises in the face of great resistance from the establishment and all their money & minions. Yep, I watched Fox and Hannity back then.........just as snookered then as #theGobbler is now.

packgrad
Wasn't Tim Scott hokie's horse before? He endorses Trump too.

And lol at the faux outrage about a "President that attacks democracy" while casting a vote for Biden, or hell any Democrat in today's Democratic Party.

Here's a crazy thought, maybe Dems should spend more time holding their party accountable for putting a geriatric with dementia in office then worrying about TTTTTRRRRUUUMMMPPP!!!! These people try to say they don't have TDS, but their entire focus is keeping Trump from getting the nomination with frivolous lawsuits and party soldier *****s crying rape from 25-40 years ago instead of finding a candidate without dementia or even having a primary.
hokiewolf
caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Civ, I know you will never vote for a Republican and that's okโ€ฆ. That said, people like Hokie are in the minority within the Republican Party.

I've said it beforeโ€ฆ no candidate is perfect! Trump isn't perfect! Trump represents a feeling, in this country, by many that are tired of the corporatists controlling things. Corporatists, Wall Street, International Organizations, want nothing less than maintaining control and keeping people hanging onโ€ฆ

Don't believeโ€ฆ I suggest trying different media. Mix it in with mainstream stuff, then you will understand the sentiment of many.
Which is sad because I don't have the following ideals as my governing principles for selecting candidates:

1. An apocalyptic world view - America is ending or is over and it's all going down. And if it's all going down, who are we to quarrel about James Madison's intent and the meaning of federalism? Given these "high stakes", we can't afford to have discussion and compromise. It's also funny to me that most of you hate the media, yet the media is what fuels this current apocalyptic view you have of America and you choose to dive right into it rather than reject this obvious driven narrative as absolute.

2. Negative partisanship demands very little of itself and it's very emotionally rewarding.

And these two concepts marry up very well. It can be summed up this way: "America is ending, it is THEIR fault, all we have to do is to try and stop them". And instead of taking the time to understand and develop a true conservative agenda and legislation - which also includes as the founding fathers intended - rigorous debate and COMPROMISE (oh no, that evil word!), instead of that stuff, it's just really easy to say if the other people win, the world will end, therefore the other people must not be allowed to stay.

What's the one thing I keep seeing here that you guys really like about Trump - and it's also backed up with polling is that Trump is STRONG! He's Virile! He smashes his enemies in front of him! That approach lines up very well with that apocalyptic negative partisanship.

What America has lost is our amazing strength of middle brow tendency, the expectation that elite ideas existed not just for the elite to turn into policies to scold the lower classes with and enjoy the benefits only for themselves while denying it to others, but, the reason why America is so different is that we have REJECTED this premise time and time again and held steady and proven these ideas are for everyone!

This middle brow was the "border wall" that protected America from popular uprisings, radicals on either side, and elite disdain for the common man. Over the history of the US, those ideals have challenged the American experiment and time and time again America has risen to get to a better place. I fear now that that has been lost, because the middle is far more receptive to the radicalized notions from what's coming beneath than respectful of anything that is coming from above.

That's because you feel like rubes! You've done the right thing, you've made a good living, paid your taxes, gone to church, if they were immigrants they came here legally and they want to be Americans. You followed all the rules. And you were generally able to stay out of politics.

But cultural war politics the last 20-30 years has it impossible for you not to play into the culture war. Your drafted constantly against your will. You're told things that what you believe and what you do should make you feel ashamed for being racist or sexist. So the easy answer is to burn it all down! It's no longer worth the consideration that the complete destruction of all temples and norms of the federalist experiment will make us all worse off then the current perception that those of you with an apocalyptic negative partisanship view have.

Your tribalism to rally around a most imperfect presidential candidate and to waive off any and all things that Trump has done in the last 7 years to clearly disqualify him from a public office, especially that of President of the United States makes me believe that you all are the ones fiddling while Rome is burning.

Your Presidential Candidate/Deity is going to fail you in the end, and it's going to lead to consequences for America that you probably didn't take the time to think through or understand. And that is why I hate populist movements. They are not based in careful thought and debate. They ingest the people who rally to the worst and ingest them like an out of control forest fire into illiberal thought and actions. You have become what you have mocked the far left for being and you don't see it.
hokiewolf
packgrad said:

And lol at the faux outrage about a "President that attacks democracy" while casting a vote for Biden, or hell any Democrat in today's Democratic Party.

Here's a crazy thought, maybe Dems should spend more time holding their party accountable for putting a geriatric with dementia in office then worrying about TTTTTRRRRUUUMMMPPP!!!! These people try to say they don't have TDS, but their entire focus is keeping Trump from getting the nomination with frivolous lawsuits and party soldier *****s crying rape from 25-40 years ago instead of finding a candidate without dementia or even having a primary.
The Crook vs the Coot part II. The sequels are never as good as the original movie.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Which is sad because I don't have the following ideals as my governing principles for selecting candidates:

1. An apocalyptic world view - America is ending or is over and it's all going down. And if it's all going down, who are we to quarrel about James Madison's intent and the meaning of federalism? Given these "high stakes", we can't afford to have discussion and compromise. It's also funny to me that most of you hate the media, yet the media is what fuels this current apocalyptic view you have of America and you choose to dive right into it rather than reject this obvious driven narrative as absolute.

2. Negative partisanship demands very little of itself and it's very emotionally rewarding.

And these two concepts marry up very well. It can be summed up this way: "America is ending, it is THEIR fault, all we have to do is to try and stop them". And instead of taking the time to understand and develop a true conservative agenda and legislation - which also includes as the founding fathers intended - rigorous debate and COMPROMISE (oh no, that evil word!), instead of that stuff, it's just really easy to say if the other people win, the world will end, therefore the other people must not be allowed to stay.

What's the one thing I keep seeing here that you guys really like about Trump - and it's also backed up with polling is that Trump is STRONG! He's Virile! He smashes his enemies in front of him! That approach lines up very well with that apocalyptic negative partisanship.

What America has lost is our amazing strength of middle brow tendency, the expectation that elite ideas existed not just for the elite to turn into policies to scold the lower classes with and enjoy the benefits only for themselves while denying it to others, but, the reason why America is so different is that we have REJECTED this premise time and time again and held steady and proven these ideas are for everyone!

This middle brow was the "border wall" that protected America from popular uprisings, radicals on either side, and elite disdain for the common man. Over the history of the US, those ideals have challenged the American experiment and time and time again America has risen to get to a better place. I fear now that that has been lost, because the middle is far more receptive to the radicalized notions from what's coming beneath than respectful of anything that is coming from above.

That's because you feel like rubes! You've done the right thing, you've made a good living, paid your taxes, gone to church, if they were immigrants they came here legally and they want to be Americans. You followed all the rules. And you were generally able to stay out of politics.

But cultural war politics the last 20-30 years has it impossible for you not to play into the culture war. Your drafted constantly against your will. You're told things that what you believe and what you do should make you feel ashamed for being racist or sexist. So the easy answer is to burn it all down! It's no longer worth the consideration that the complete destruction of all temples and norms of the federalist experiment will make us all worse off then the current perception that those of you with an apocalyptic negative partisanship view have.

Your tribalism to rally around a most imperfect presidential candidate and to waive off any and all things that Trump has done in the last 7 years to clearly disqualify him from a public office, especially that of President of the United States makes me believe that you all are the ones fiddling while Rome is burning.

Your Presidential Candidate/Deity is going to fail you in the end, and it's going to lead to consequences for America that you probably didn't take the time to think through or understand. And that is why I hate populist movements. They are not based in careful thought and debate. They ingest the people who rally to the worst and ingest them like an out of control forest fire into illiberal thought and actions. You have become what you have mocked the far left for being and you don't see it.
Hokie, where did you get that diatribe?

Remember, it took a raucous crowd, in the 1700's, to make this federalist experiment! It's funny how these, supreme, all knowing writers, can refer to Trump as a Deity. When someone uses that as a description, of another individual, walking this earth, other than Jesus, that shows me they don't get itโ€ฆ

Instead, maybe you should listen to the epitome of the corporatist, Jamie Dimonโ€ฆ

CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday praised former President Donald Trump's record and admonished Democrats to be "more respectful" of Trump's supporters, or else risk hurting President Joe Biden's reelection bid.

"I wish the Democrats would think a little more carefully when they talk about MAGA," Dimon said on CNBC's "Squawk Box," referencing Trump's supporters by the acronym of his "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan.

Biden has warned that Trump and "MAGA Republicans" pose an existential threat to American democracy. But he has also tried to distinguish between Trump's most hardline supporters and "mainstream Republicans," who Biden says make up a majority of the party.

"I think this negative talk about MAGA is going to hurt Biden's election campaign," Dimon said from the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

Dimon argued that using the phrase "MAGA" incorrectly links Trump's supporters to the former president's personality and character. Democrats "are basically scapegoating them, [saying] that you are like him," Dimon said. "I don't think they're voting for Trump because of his family values," he said. The remarks by Dimon, who has donated to Democratic candidates but previously described himself as "barely a Democrat," came two days after the former president trounced his few remaining Republican rivals in the Iowa caucuses.

In November, Dimon heaped praise on one of Trump's challengers, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, who finished third in Iowa on Monday.

Dimon also gave Trump credit for his policy record.

"Take a step back, be honest. He was kind of right about NATO, kind of right on immigration. He grew the economy quite well. Trade tax reform worked. He was right about some of China." "He wasn't wrong about some of these critical issues, and that's why they voted for him," Dimon said. Asked which candidate would be better for his business, Dimon said, "I have to be prepared for both. I will be prepared for both. We will deal with both."
"And I hope whoever it is will be respectful of other people," he added.

The White House did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment on Dimon's remarks.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
#Sieve, don't ever say I never did anything for ya. Posting this one for #daSieve.

Civilized
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Remember, it took a raucous crowd, in the 1700's, to make this federalist experiment! It's funny how these, supreme, all knowing writers, can refer to Trump as a Deity. When someone uses that as a description, of another individual, walking this earth, other than Jesus, that shows me they don't get itโ€ฆ

Instead, maybe you should listen to the epitome of the corporatist, Jamie Dimonโ€ฆ

CEO Jamie Dimon on Wednesday praised former President Donald Trump's record and admonished Democrats to be "more respectful" of Trump's supporters, or else risk hurting President Joe Biden's reelection bid.

"I wish the Democrats would think a little more carefully when they talk about MAGA," Dimon said on CNBC's "Squawk Box," referencing Trump's supporters by the acronym of his "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan.

Biden has warned that Trump and "MAGA Republicans" pose an existential threat to American democracy. But he has also tried to distinguish between Trump's most hardline supporters and "mainstream Republicans," who Biden says make up a majority of the party.

"I think this negative talk about MAGA is going to hurt Biden's election campaign," Dimon said from the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.

Dimon argued that using the phrase "MAGA" incorrectly links Trump's supporters to the former president's personality and character. Democrats "are basically scapegoating them, [saying] that you are like him," Dimon said. "I don't think they're voting for Trump because of his family values," he said. The remarks by Dimon, who has donated to Democratic candidates but previously described himself as "barely a Democrat," came two days after the former president trounced his few remaining Republican rivals in the Iowa caucuses.

In November, Dimon heaped praise on one of Trump's challengers, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, who finished third in Iowa on Monday.

"Take a step back, be honest. He was kind of right about NATO, kind of right on immigration. He grew the economy quite well. Trade tax reform worked. He was right about some of China." "He wasn't wrong about some of these critical issues, and that's why they voted for him," Dimon said. Asked which candidate would be better for his business, Dimon said, "I have to be prepared for both. I will be prepared for both. We will deal with both."

The White House did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment on Dimon's remarks.

I mean, isn't Dimon just saying Dem elites shouldn't think of MAGAs as deplorables?

He's clearly right about that, that was some elitist **** that never served any productive purpose. There's a way better way to say what Clinton may have been trying to say that didn't give Pubs talking points about how out of touch lots of Dem elites are (which is true).

But I completely disagree with Dimon downplaying Trump's personality as being a huge part of his gravity as a politician. Most people from either party couldn't name a single policy that their president championed; their vote is more based on personality, feel, general agenda, and most importantly partisanship.
SmaptyWolf
Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

I mean, isn't Dimon just saying Dem elites shouldn't think of MAGAs as deplorables?

He's clearly right about that, that was some elitist **** that never served any productive purpose. There's a way better way to say what Clinton may have been trying to say that didn't give Pubs talking points about how out of touch lots of Dem elites are (which is true).

But I completely disagree with Dimon downplaying Trump's personality as being a huge part of his gravity as a politician. Most people from either party couldn't name a single policy that their president championed; their vote is more based on personality, feel, general agenda, and most importantly partisanship.

Dimon's diatribe was some gaslighting bulls**t. Handwringing about calling out MAGA Republicans when they can't go 5 minutes without calling for Civil War to round up "the vermin" is ridiculous nonsense. Too f***ing bad, they've more than earned "deplorable" and far worse at this point.

And sorry Jamie, no, Trump wasn't right about:
  • Dismantling NATO (a catastrophically bad idea)
  • Basically shutting down immigration (which was always nonsense, ask his corporate backers hiring the illegals)
  • His stupid tariffs which Dimon knows full well barely affected China and punished Canada, etc.

Trump at least talked tough about China, which was smart, but it took Biden to do anything that actually made China sweat. So yeah, Dimon is a tool.
caryking
Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Isn't that really the problem? Pubs dont need talking points based on Hillary's words; rather, it's damn near everything they say and/or do that's so condescending. Just look at Smapty for a local example.

Trumps personality is part of the draw, no doubt. I think what Dems are missing is that his words give Pubs the feeling of being in the room. Civ, your world view (I know you don't like that) essentially prohibits you from seeing what the average Joe seesโ€ฆ

That last statement is what is really driving this whole thing!!

Joe Biden
packgrad
Smapty is deplorable. I can assure you he was one of the brainwashed morons that supported rounding up the "unvaccinated" and putting them in camps. It's hilarious how the left talks about fetishizing civil war when they have been doing it since Covid, except theirs is more in line with Hitler and rounding up the 2nd class citizens, non believers. They literally accuse the right of everything they actually do.
TheStorm
packgrad said:

Personally, I still wanted DeSantis... but I'm going to vote for whomever the GOP nominee is regardless of which one prevails from here.

Hokie - no vote for President is +1 for Biden... but, do whatever makes you feel good about yourself, I guess.

Maybe you'll get to vote for Haley, but I kind of doubt it.
Civilized
caryking said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

Isn't that really the problem? Pubs dont need talking points based on Hillary's words; rather, it's damn near everything they say and/or do that's so condescending. Just look at Smapty for a local example.

Trumps personality is part of the draw, no doubt. I think what Dems are missing is that his words give Pubs the feeling of being in the room. Civ, your world view (I know you don't like that) essentially prohibits you from seeing what the average Joe seesโ€ฆ

That last statement is what is really driving this whole thing!!

My world view is exactly why I said the 'deplorables' bit was so counterproductive. It's elitist and exclusive.

Trump's power is in somehow despite being an otherworldly selfish and myopic elite himself making many folks in middle America and normal towns feel like they're not less-than and not forgotten. That's traditionally been the Dem coalition tactic but between his appeal and Hillary's lack thereof he flipped that on its head enough in 2016 to get the W.

Of course, once he got in office, he proved himself to be even more unlikable than many people thought he could be hence the historic turnout numbers in 2020 driven largely by the widespread desire to vote him out of office.

Democrats would be well served to not have short memories and forget the lessons learned from 2016.
Civilized
'Deplorables' was catastrophic electorally for Hillary, one of that campaign's absolutely biggest blunders.

If you're Hillary in 2016 or Dems in 2024 you've got to figure out a way to say whatever you want to say that doesn't drive forgotten-feeling voters into the clown tent.

Biden did a good job of this in 2020, keep really hammering that inclusive messaging home.
hokiewolf
Neither Trump or Biden have done ANYTHING to deserve my vote. Not my problem that Crook/Coot 2 is what the majority came up with in 2024.

And people like me aren't going to be the reason why Trump loses. The reason he will lose is because of Trump. And that's sad because Biden does not deserve to be president. He's terrible.
hokiewolf
How am I supposed to read this other than illiberal and just not constitutional? From Trumps truth social:

A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE FULL IMMUNITY, WITHOUT WHICH IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM/HER TO PROPERLY FUNCTION. ANY MISTAKE, EVEN IF WELL INTENDED, WOULD BE MET WITH ALMOST CERTAIN INDICTMENT BY THE OPPOSING PARTY AT TERM END. EVEN EVENTS THAT "CROSS THE LINE" MUST FALL UNDER TOTAL IMMUNITY, OR IT WILL BE YEARS OF TRAUMA TRYING TO DETERMINE GOOD FROM BAD. THERE MUST BE CERTAINTY. EXAMPLE: YOU CAN'T STOP POLICE FROM DOING THE JOB OF STRONG & EFFECTIVE CRIME PREVENTION BECAUSE YOU WANT TO GUARD AGAINST THE OCCASIONAL "ROGUE COP" OR "BAD APPLE." SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO LIVE WITH "GREAT BUT SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT." ALL PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE COMPLETE & TOTAL PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY, OR THE AUTHORITY & DECISIVENESS OF A PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES WILL BE STRIPPED & GONE FOREVER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE AN EASY DECISION. GOD BLESS THE SUPREME COURT!
packgrad
Read it however you want. You're no different than a Democrat in your hyperventilating response to everything he says. Trump can be wrong on things and the sky is, in fact, not falling.

Sounds like you're more looking for a religious savior, not a president. Interesting how it's only Trump you're triggered by though. Your girl has said some doozies here lately. And lord know Biden does every day.
hokiewolf
Ok, now re-read the above and pretend it's from Obama's Twitter account. You see nothing wrong with this argument?
packgrad
hokiewolf said:

Ok, now re-read the above and pretend it's from Obama's Twitter account. You see nothing wrong with this argument?

If Obama had been incessantly misrepresented, harassed and prosecuted, I would see why he would think that, but disagree
Civilized
packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

If Obama had been incessantly misrepresented, harassed and prosecuted, I would see why he would think that, but disagree

This is the same ridiculous circular logic loop that has allowed Trump to capture the right.

No matter how unethical, undemocratic, or illegal Trump's behavior is, calling him to task on it is simply an indication of the left's TDS. Doesn't matter if it's clearly unpresidential, undemocratic, unethical, or illegal. He should be above reproach, persecution, and prosecution. Any attempts to check his ridiculous behavior is framed as further evidence of him being victimized by the left, which allows him to escape consequences and further emboldens his behavior.

If Obama had behaved like Trump did, he too would have been harangued, criticized, and prosecuted. If you do illegal **** you should be called to task by the media and prosecuted by the justice system. Period.

To the judge's point, play out the scenario where that isn't the case.

Should Biden be able to commission Seal Team 6 to assassinate his political rival without fear or threat of prosecution?

Presidents that live without any fear of prosecution for their behavior while in office aren't presidents, they're dictators.
caryking
Obama walked on water! Trump, on the hand, walked into an ambush!!! Anybody that doesn't see this, well... we just have different world view, right Civ?

Joe Biden
packgrad
This is the same ridiculous TDS that encompasses every post you make in regards to any post involving Trump, Biden, or Obama. You have no objectivity. You cheerlead lawsuits against him no matter how frivolous.

Zzz
Civilized
packgrad said:

This is the same ridiculous TDS that encompasses every post you make in regards to any post involving Trump, Biden, or Obama. You have no objectivity. You cheerlead lawsuits against him no matter how frivolous. Your straw men are plentiful and without fact as per usual.

Zzz

You're proving my point. No complaint about Trump is valid. It's all just TDS.

Let's have a contest.

Name all the potentially or clearly criminal behavior by Biden, Obama, and Bush.

Let's compare to Trump.

hokiewolf
Civilized said:

packgrad said:

This is the same ridiculous TDS that encompasses every post you make in regards to any post involving Trump, Biden, or Obama. You have no objectivity. You cheerlead lawsuits against him no matter how frivolous. Your straw men are plentiful and without fact as per usual.

Zzz

You're proving my point. No complaint about Trump is valid. It's all just TDS.

Let's have a contest.

Name all the potentially or clearly criminal behavior by Biden, Obama, and Bush.

Let's compare to Trump.

he'll never do it because he knows it's wrong but he doesn't care to debate it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.