TRUMP 2024

317,701 Views | 4848 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Werewolf
ncsupack1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Republicans could really lock this up now if they get the Vice President pick correct. Hint: It has to be someone that could actually be President if ever needed to be... not window dressing.
has to be someone living outside of Florida
Yeah, but outside of DeSantis, there's not many I could get enthused about. Ted Cruz, maybe, but this is a poor time to give up a Senate seat in Texas.
It might be Ben Carson. Carson doesn't have a desire for future presidency; so, that will allow for four year on governance.

DeSantis signed a 6 week abortion law. I think that alone would kill any chance of winning. Haley would bring numbers. Not sure on Scott. It is imperative to win this election.

Republicans win this election by convincing enough of the 10% of undecideds and others still on the sidelines to swing their way.

Their primary and nearly exclusive consideration with the VP pick needs to be "Who is most appealing to undecideds?"

Getting distracted from that focus risks torpedoing the election.

DeSantis may be the worst possible choice of potential candidates in this regard. Ramaswamy or Noem would be almost as bad.

If they want to optimize their chances to win, they choose Haley. Scott is probably second, with some inexperienced, fairly unknown candidate that has little record to campaign against third.
Civilized's post is the best possible evidence that the best choice would be DeSantis...
DeSantis can't be the choice. Both President and VP can't be from the same state….

Why would any sane person consider Civ's advice on VP picks?

Not taking his advice. My opinion has been no to Ramaswamy, Noem and DeSantis. I like DeSantis a lot, but he won't help the ticket. Neither will the other two.
So who is going to bring the folks over that aren't big Trump fans? Another MAGA person isn't going to work.

Maybe Tim Scott or possibly someone who hasn't been talked about. Noem killed her chances with the book. Personally I don't care for Ramaswamy, at least not for VP (nor POTUS). I find him obnoxious. I don't see him helping with independents, but my view is slanted based on my opinion of him.

Desantis I really like, but he brings abortion to the forefront. Hopefully the Republicans learned that lesson in 2022.
It's got to be a women. Center right.

Agree a woman would be ideal, someone who can convey women's rights related issues. Can't be Noem, so who does that leave as options? Haley has already been mentioned.
Noem is done. As much as the hard core MAGA don't like it, Haley would bridge it. She would bring the mods, center right, and the folks that don't like Biden, but aren't sure of Trump. This isn't hard, she would help with women's right, but as usual, MAGA is more than likely gonna kick their own teeth in.
packofwolves
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Republicans could really lock this up now if they get the Vice President pick correct. Hint: It has to be someone that could actually be President if ever needed to be... not window dressing.
Yeah, but outside of DeSantis, there's not many I could get enthused about. Ted Cruz, maybe, but this is a poor time to give up a Senate seat in Texas.
It might be Ben Carson. Carson doesn't have a desire for future presidency; so, that will allow for four year on governance.

DeSantis signed a 6 week abortion law. I think that alone would kill any chance of winning. Haley would bring numbers. Not sure on Scott. It is imperative to win this election.

Republicans win this election by convincing enough of the 10% of undecideds and others still on the sidelines to swing their way.

Their primary and nearly exclusive consideration with the VP pick needs to be "Who is most appealing to undecideds?"

DeSantis may be the worst possible choice of potential candidates in this regard. Ramaswamy or Noem would be almost as bad.

If they want to optimize their chances to win, they choose Haley. Scott is probably second, with some inexperienced, fairly unknown candidate that has little record to campaign against third.
Civilized's post is the best possible evidence that the best choice would be DeSantis...
DeSantis can't be the choice. Both President and VP can't be from the same state….

Not taking his advice. My opinion has been no to Ramaswamy, Noem and DeSantis. I like DeSantis a lot, but he won't help the ticket. Neither will the other two.
So who is going to bring the folks over that aren't big Trump fans? Another MAGA person isn't going to work.

Maybe Tim Scott or possibly someone who hasn't been talked about. Noem killed her chances with the book. Personally I don't care for Ramaswamy, at least not for VP (nor POTUS). I find him obnoxious. I don't see him helping with independents, but my view is slanted based on my opinion of him.

Desantis I really like, but he brings abortion to the forefront. Hopefully the Republicans learned that lesson in 2022.

Agree a woman would be ideal, someone who can convey women's rights related issues. Can't be Noem, so who does that leave as options? Haley has already been mentioned.
Noem is done. As much as the hard core MAGA don't like it, Haley would bridge it. She would bring the mods, center right, and the folks that don't like Biden, but aren't sure of Trump. This isn't hard, she would help with women's right, but as usual, MAGA is more than likely gonna kick their own teeth in.

Agree on Haley and she would actually be a competent VP (unlike the current VP). Haven't thought much about Stefanik, seems a bit young at this point.
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Agree on Haley and she would actually be a competent VP (unlike the current VP). Haven't thought much about Stefanik, seems a bit young at this point.
Yeah, I haven't given her much thought either. Haley would help Trump, look at it like this, Harris vs Haley, yeah, no comparison.
Oldsouljer
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

That's for sure. There's a strong anti-foreign war involvement crowd within Trump's base and they will never trust Haley. I'm not sure Trump wants her given that she could just as easily bring division rather than unity to the ticket.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Wrong - it's got to be someone that can actually serve as the president and actually handle the job.

If that's a woman fine, but you don't just pick a woman to have a woman. That's what the Democrats did with Harris - and she is not qualified to ever serve as President.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

It was never going to be Noem.
Oldsouljer
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Wrong - it's got to be someone that can actually serve as the president and actually handle the job.

If that's a woman fine, but you don't just pick a woman to have a woman. That's what the Democrats did with Harris - and she is not qualified to ever serve as President.
Totally agree, but if he goes for that option, maybe he should give Victoria Spartz a look. She's like a more grownup version of Marjorie Taylor Green, is a solid anti-socialist and has worked harder than most to oppose runaway spending in Congress. Her Ukrainian ancestry may make people think she's like Haley in foreign policy, though.
caryking
Actually, it has to be someone without political aspirations and knows how to manage. Ben Carson!!
Werewolf
Werewolf
caryking said:

Actually, it has to be someone without political aspirations and knows how to manage. Ben Carson!!
Honest Ben, a great choice from all those listed above.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

If it's a hard MAGA, Trump isn't winning. BTW, do we want to win this time or die on the hill out of spite? Sometimes, I know this is hard for some people to understand, you have to play politics. Trump, has to win center, left and right. He has his base.
TheStorm
I don't consider myself to be MAGA anyway... I am a huge fan of most of the "America First" policies though, as most Americans should be.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

I don't consider myself to be MAGA anyway... I am a huge fan of most of the "America First" policies though, as most Americans should be.

As you should. But this is politics, Trump needs to sell it to others who are on the fence. Can't keep burning bridges and then ask for help.
Werewolf
Werewolf said:

caryking said:

I'll add that the 2024 election will not occur in November. There are many possibilities for why November 2024 doesn't happen. I'll make a guess and predict the next election to be March 2025. Yep, its a guess :-)
Civilized
Werewolf said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

I'll add that the 2024 election will not occur in November. There are many possibilities for why November 2024 doesn't happen. I'll make a guess and predict the next election to be March 2025. Yep, its a guess :-)

Were no offense buddy but at some point if all my guesses about near-future societal annihilation turn out to be eons apart from reality I'd just give up the guessing game.
ncsupack1
Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

Were no offense buddy but at some point if all my guesses about near-future societal annihilation turn out to be eons apart from reality I'd just give up the guessing game.

Lot of spaghetti getting thrown at the wall.
caryking
TheStorm said:

That makes you MAGA!!! MAGA is not a person; rather, its a policy mindset.
TheStorm
Civilized said:

Werewolf said:

Werewolf said:

caryking said:

I had to finally star one of Civ's posts...

(I'm sure it isn't the first, but I can promise you there haven't been many)
packofwolves
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

If it's a hard MAGA, Trump isn't winning. BTW, do we want to win this time or die on the hill out of spite? Sometimes, I know this is hard for some people to understand, you have to play politics. Trump, has to win center, left and right. He has his base.

I don't think anyone is suggesting someone as VP who isn't qualified. Absolutely the pick needs to be well qualified. Haley along with a few other names being discussed are qualified.

It is so important to win this election and picking a VP candidate who can pull in Independents and moderate Dems fed up with Biden would help. The name of the game is WIN, something Dems are good at it.
ncsupack1
packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting someone as VP who isn't qualified. Absolutely the pick needs to be well qualified. Haley along with a few other names being discussed are qualified.

It is so important to win this election and picking a VP candidate who can pull in Independents and moderate Dems fed up with Biden would help. The name of the game is WIN, something Dems are good at it.

Agree. The GOP needs to most definitely win.
TheStorm
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Yeah, nah... I would never go to see a politician in person, or fly a flag from my car or from the front of my house. You can believe in a lot of the same things and still not fit directly into that exact category.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Yeah, nah... I would never go to see a politician in person, or fly a flag from my car or from the front of my house. You can believe in a lot of the same things and still not fit directly into that exact category.

This me as well.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Hard MAGA is America First!!! Either you are America First or not!! Someone please define MAGA vs Hard MAGA...
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.
I also try to treat anyone and everyone in real life the same way that I would hope people would treat me... and I don't automatically hate or immediately dislike someone else because they may happen to believe in something else than I do - but geez... there needs to be just a tad more common sense and overall decorum applied to things in general...
caryking
TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Storm, I wouldn't go see Trump, if he came to my neighborhood. Do you think I'm Hard MAGA?
caryking
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.
I also try to treat anyone and everyone in real life the same way that I would hope people would treat me... and I don't automatically hate or immediately dislike someone else because they may happen to believe in something else than I do - but geez... there needs to be just a tad more common sense and overall decorum applied to things in general...
If a person, or group of people, demonize you to a point whereas you are potentially going to Prison, you may have a different opinion...
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Hard MAGA is America First!!! Either you are America First or not!! Someone please define MAGA vs Hard MAGA...

Pick a Trump clone and kiss the White House goodbye.
ncsupack1
TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.

Agree.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I said Ben Carson. Is the White House gone if it's him?

I can play this game as well... Pick Nikki Haley and the White House is gone!!!
ncsupack1
caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.
If a person, or group of people, demonize you to a point whereas you are potentially going to Prison, you may have a different opinion...

If I may, why are you potentially going to prison?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I said Ben Carson. Is the White House gone if its him?

Potentially. Women in general are hesitant about the GOP at the moment. Maybe rightfully so.
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.

I didn't say I was; however, I think we have seen enough people go to prison for simple crimes and sometimes not even a crime. Shall we bring Jan 6 back up?
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

This me as well.

I didn't say I was; however, I think we have seen enough people go to prison for simple crimes and sometimes not even a crime. Shall we bring Jan 6 back up?

No, I'm not going to get into another pissing contest over Jan 6.
TheStorm
ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

What happens if Trump doesn't get to serve as President again, even after he is elected? Do you think the Dems are just going to roll over and take it? They impeached him twice while in office over sht that Biden has either done the same or worse already. They literally crucified George W. Bush the last 2-3 years he was in office. They will never stop with Trump. They are totally obsessed.

The best way to win this election is to have a VP pick that is far superior than both people on the other side. This should be easy as far as I am concerned...
caryking
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

TheStorm said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

Oldsouljer said:

caryking said:

TheStorm said:

I said Ben Carson. Is the White House gone if its him?

Potentially. Women in general are hesitant about the GOP at the moment. Maybe rightfully so.
Pick Nikki Haley and potentially a reasonable amount of Trump supporters will become hesitant... You know, I can play the same game with all these possibilities.

Trump will pick whomever he wants and let the chips fall where they do. For me, I'm voting for Trump and not the VP. That said, Trump listened to all the Republicans and nominated a bunch of people that were just awful....

I hope he listens to a different set of people this time... Also, I don't care who the VP is as I don't want them to run in 2028. Hopefully, by then, we have fleshed out all of the bad in Washington and we start fresh, in 2028.
First Page Last Page
Page 130 of 139

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.