TRUMP 2024

293,189 Views | 4716 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by Werewolf
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

That whole family lies like most people breathe.

I used to think that if you pointed out to MAGA people that almost everything they see is fabricated crap then they would snap out of it.

Turns out they just seamlessly transition form being shockingly gullible to happy that they're part of the con that's owning the libs.

I'm not MAGA, both sides are pathetic.

Don't you know, anyone who votes for Trump is MAGA.

I don't know who you have voted for or plan to vote for, but the left throws anyone voting Republican into the MAGA bucket.

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

1) manufacture it, here in America
2) stop illegal immigration

Now, other policies that I can support…. Tax the Hell out of the rich! They are all Democrats! Tax the hell out of them. I'm talking about Billionaires! Everyone else, flat tax them. Everyone needs to contribute something to the Federal Government coffers. Everyone!! Delete all deductions!! That's means all, including Child Tax Credits!!

Pull out of all treaties and start over, from a new, clean slate. We don't have a clear understanding of what we really support.

Social Security, stop the program immediately. Quick collecting money, quick sending out money. I would gladly give up my contribution(s) if they stop it today. Would you?

Medicare, slim it down significantly and quit covering so much. It needs to be a primary insurance, and everyone should get a supplement (they pay for) for anything more than standard healthcare. Slowly work on shutting it down, in 25 years.

Federal Government pensions, Stop it all! Cut it off immediately. People need to go final others jobs, if they want a retirement plan. Let the employment free market work.

Welfare and homeless support. Let the States work out their State problems. Federal funding should stop immediately! Also, Individuals and businesses can come up with money to support these people. Quit the government programs.

Quit sending money to other countries for anything. It's time for each country to figure out their own problems! Were broke!

So take away social security from older folks who rely on it right now that paid into their whole working lives? Lot of older people rely on that money.
So will I soon enough…

Don't mean to be presumptuous Cary but I don't think you'll rely on it to the same degree as tens of millions of others do.

Agree here Civ. Lot of older people rely on it. Plus, they were promised their money that they put into.
At what age do you cut that off? Let's say 40. Everyone 40 and older get a payment for your contribution, without any return on your money. Most likely, this would have to be paid out over time, as we are broke!

That said, when Biden keeps giving away tuition loans, then, those people get nothing. That's your return!

I'm not saying that you have a bad idea. I'm just saying that cutting it off right now may cause more problems than good. Now, phasing it out over time, I'd listen.

Yes, he has a bad idea. THIS is idiocy at work! It's like a 15 year old trying to re-imagine the world with no real understanding of how things currently work, or how awful things were that led to Social Security in the first place. How many tents will he bawl about when giant tent cities reemerge in every public park? How many millions of grandparent would he like eating cat food? Does he own stock in the pet food industry?
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I used to think that if you pointed out to MAGA people that almost everything they see is fabricated crap then they would snap out of it.

Turns out they just seamlessly transition form being shockingly gullible to happy that they're part of the con that's owning the libs.

I don't know who you have voted for or plan to vote for, but the left throws anyone voting Republican into the MAGA bucket.

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

Now, other policies that I can support…. Tax the Hell out of the rich! They are all Democrats! Tax the hell out of them. I'm talking about Billionaires! Everyone else, flat tax them. Everyone needs to contribute something to the Federal Government coffers. Everyone!! Delete all deductions!! That's means all, including Child Tax Credits!!

Pull out of all treaties and start over, from a new, clean slate. We don't have a clear understanding of what we really support.

Social Security, stop the program immediately. Quick collecting money, quick sending out money. I would gladly give up my contribution(s) if they stop it today. Would you?

Medicare, slim it down significantly and quit covering so much. It needs to be a primary insurance, and everyone should get a supplement (they pay for) for anything more than standard healthcare. Slowly work on shutting it down, in 25 years.

Federal Government pensions, Stop it all! Cut it off immediately. People need to go final others jobs, if they want a retirement plan. Let the employment free market work.

Welfare and homeless support. Let the States work out their State problems. Federal funding should stop immediately! Also, Individuals and businesses can come up with money to support these people. Quit the government programs.

Quit sending money to other countries for anything. It's time for each country to figure out their own problems! Were broke!

If you actually care about U.S. manufacturing Biden is your only choice. Trump talked tough about it, but accomplished exactly nothing. Easy to forget that conservatives are the ones who gutted U.S. manufacturing in the first place... not exactly in their DNA to put it back together.

Also, Biden and Dems are the only party that talks about taxing the rich. You'll recall Trumps only signature achievement during his terms was cutting taxes for the rich.

Your other ideas are mostly just ignorant nonsense. For example, did you know we have Medicare because people over 65 are COMPLETELY UNINSURABLE IN THE FREE MARKET? It would be mathematically impossible for an insurance company to pay for 30 bottle of pills and cancer treatment for every grandparent in America. You're basically wishing for a dramatic reduction in our life expectancy.
packofwolves
Corrupt judge (to go along with the DA and DOJ lawyer):

https://www.foxnews.com/media/alan-dershowitz-rips-tyrant-judge-outrageous-rulings-trump-trial-never-seen-spectacle
ncsupack1
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

Civilized said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

So take away social security from older folks who rely on it right now that paid into their whole working lives? Lot of older people rely on that money.
So will I soon enough…

Don't mean to be presumptuous Cary but I don't think you'll rely on it to the same degree as tens of millions of others do.

Agree here Civ. Lot of older people rely on it. Plus, they were promised their money that they put into.
At what age do you cut that off? Let's say 40. Everyone 40 and older get a payment for your contribution, without any return on your money. Most likely, this would have to be paid out over time, as we are broke!

That said, when Biden keeps giving away tuition loans, then, those people get nothing. That's your return!

I'm not saying that you have a bad idea. I'm just saying that cutting it off right now may cause more problems than good. Now, phasing it out over time, I'd listen.
Trust me, once we (would) open this up for discussion, then every constituent group will be out asking for theirs... Once that happens, nothing gets done. oh, wait.... that's the Washington works today...

Maybe I'm not following, how do you just drop something that currently people use and or are old enough not to be able to work?
Werewolf
The MSM matrix that so many here reside in...........actually wallow in it.

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Gulfstream4
caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

I could get behind all of this.
Werewolf
Most all of our govt should be from the state and local levels. Issues across state lines could be addressed by consortium of those states.....ie water and air quality, transportation.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

100% MAGA!!

If you actually care about U.S. manufacturing Biden is your only choice. Trump talked tough about it, but accomplished exactly nothing. Easy to forget that conservatives are the ones who gutted U.S. manufacturing in the first place... not exactly in their DNA to put it back together.

Also, Biden and Dems are the only party that talks about taxing the rich. You'll recall Trumps only signature achievement during his terms was cutting taxes for the rich.

Your other ideas are mostly just ignorant nonsense. For example, did you know we have Medicare because people over 65 are COMPLETELY UNINSURABLE IN THE FREE MARKET? It would be mathematically impossible for an insurance company to pay for 30 bottle of pills and cancer treatment for every grandparent in America. You're basically wishing for a dramatic reduction in our life expectancy.
Paragraph one response:

The difference between you and I is that I blame the entire system (and both Party's) on the gutting of the manufacturing base. It truly stated with Clinton, then put on steroids by Bush, finally Obama kept it going.

Paragraph two response:

The Dems should have done something about it when they had control of everything. They aren't going to do anything because the uber rich are "mostly" big Dem donators. Also, Iv'e talked to many middle-class Americans that had their taxes reduced, from the Trump tax cuts. Mine, on the other hand, went up!!

Paragraph three response:

I love it!!! I'm ignorant; however, you said the quiet part out-loud. People are uninsurable!!! That's right... lets make the everyone else pay for someones else' insurance. Not a big fan of forcing one to take care of another. That said, I probably donate more of my time and money for people in need than you. We need to quit the mandatory requirement of people supporting others. Once people, in general, see others in need, they will step up and help. It's been proven many times, in our history.

We are a generous society!!!
Oldsouljer
dogplasma said:

Beat me to it. In 2016, Trump was the unknown running against the not-so-popular known (with a Comey assist). Trump is very well known and very well defined now, which makes no difference to his base but doesn't, IMO, play well to the middle. The big questions, should he somehow win the nomination, are who he would run against, because I don't think it will be Biden, and (obviously) what the economy looks like in two years.
All true. Also possibly true is that there are voters out there, not necessarily of the MAGA bent, who will vote to stop their pain. And that is Biden's Kryptonite. Whether that vulnerability transfer to a Biden substitute is the question.
barelypure
"Quit sending money to other countries for anything. It's time for each country to figure out their own problems!"

I've always maintained that we shouldn't be propping up 1st world countries.
We shouldn't be giving money to countries that are our enemies.
We shouldn't be giving money to 3rd world countries where the ruling elites siphon off the money for their own pockets.
Now 3rd world countries where the money actually goes to help the people but then only if there's a quid pro quo and they have something we need, whether that be oil, minerals, food, etc.

I'd also look at all the bases we have around the world and reduce the numbers. For example we have 85 facilities in Japan. 40 in Germany. 8 in Italy. And so on. That takes a lot of money to support all that. Money that goes into the local economy that we don't get much of a benefit. Warfare has changed. Having small pockets scattered around the globe only makes them more vulnerable. Besides if a country wants our presence then they should be willing to pick up part of the tab.
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

How about the US Government and especially politicians stop trying to influence or just flat out control industrial planning? They suck at it, and they've proven that they suck at it time and time again, But for some reasons both parties want more and more control over industrial planning, and even MAGA folks which doesn't jive too well with the whole free market thing.

It all about creating power centers for politicians to exploit. That's why I hate both parties and their turn to populism. It's selfish for them to control power and then pass it over to the rubes who vote for them as a great idea that will solve all their problems.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

How about the US Government and especially politicians stop trying to influence or just flat out control industrial planning? They suck at it, and they've proven that they suck at it time and time again, But for some reasons both parties want more and more control over industrial planning, and even MAGA folks which doesn't jive too well with the whole free market thing.

It all about creating power centers for politicians to exploit. That's why I hate both parties and their turn to populism. It's selfish for them to control power and then pass it over to the rubes who vote for them as a great idea that will solve all their problems.

Libertarians especially have created this myth that the "free market" is this magical cure-all for our economic woes, more is always better! But an unguided free market is like lighting a fire in your house without a fireplace.

The only reason we're having a populist revolt at the moment is because a few decades ago, after Reagan declared war on unions and got the worker's voice out of congress, we went all in on the global free market with Free Trade Agreements. That huge sucking sound you heard soon after was NC's entire furniture and textile industry moving to China. I'm sure that was great for shareholders... not so much for American workers and their towns left behind.
Bockwinkle
hokiewolf
Nostalgia and then turning towards bigger government is not the way you fix that.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

Nostalgia and then turning towards bigger government is not the way you fix that.

So how do you feel about big government protecting business from labor unions for the last 50 years? If your answer is to get government out of the equation, are you ok with workers re-organizing themselves and demanding a seat at the table?
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

So how do you feel about big government protecting business from labor unions for the last 50 years? If your answer is to get government out of the equation, are you ok with workers re-organizing themselves and demanding a seat at the table?
I have no issues with private sector unions. I have huge problems with public sector unions.
SmaptyWolf
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

I have no issues with private sector unions. I have huge problems with public sector unions.

Why one and not the other?
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

ncsupack1 said:

packofwolves said:

ncsupack1 said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

LOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I've noticed.
100% MAGA!!

Libertarians especially have created this myth that the "free market" is this magical cure-all for our economic woes, more is always better! But an unguided free market is like lighting a fire in your house without a fireplace.

The only reason we're having a populist revolt at the moment is because a few decades ago, after Reagan declared war on unions and got the worker's voice out of congress, we went all in on the global free market with Free Trade Agreements. That huge sucking sound you heard soon after was NC's entire furniture and textile industry moving to China. I'm sure that was great for shareholders... not so much for American workers and their towns left behind.
Holy Cow!! Smapty, you and I agree on something! Quoting Ross Perot, as well…
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

I have no problem with Private Sector unions either. Now, I do have a problem with Union management. Unions started out by creating a safe work environment, especially, in the steel industry. Management got greedy, so they needed more power. They did that by bolting on other issues, outside of safety. When they got to collective negotiating on compensation, they became more powerful and wealthy. The management is really no different than government… they want more power and individual wealth, from their power.

It's the same reason why I despise non-profits (in general). It makes no sense when a non-profit can have leadership salaries that are in the millions. Just look at the PGA!
hokiewolf
SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Because with public unions there's no accountability, performance doesn't matter. Elected leaders come and go, but public unions just say no. The veto power of public unions comes from an arsenal of legal rights that were acquired and are enforced by hard-knuckle political power. It's the cause of inefficiency in government and lack of trust and transparency
BBW12OG
hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

Because with public unions there's no accountability, performance doesn't matter. Elected leaders come and go, but public unions just say no. The veto power of public unions comes from an arsenal of legal rights that were acquired and are enforced by hard-knuckle political power. It's the cause of inefficiency in government and lack of trust and transparency
Tell me and Hokie why Unions are needed.... I see what he is saying.

Please tell me when unions started, why they started and why they are needed today?

SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

I have no problem with Private Sector unions either. Now, I do have a problem with Union management. Unions started out by creating a safe work environment, especially, in the steel industry. Management got greedy, so they needed more power. They did that by bolting on other issues, outside of safety. When they got to collective negotiating on compensation, they became more powerful and wealthy. The management is really no different than government… they want more power and individual wealth, from their power.

It's the same reason why I despise non-profits (in general). It makes no sense when a non-profit can have leadership salaries that are in the millions. Just look at the PGA!
You can certainly say the same thing about corporate management. Without pressure from a powerful government and/or workers (via unions) they also get out of control. It's all a balancing act of checks and balances that has kept our economy sane.

The modern Libertarian "free market" movement has mostly been a scam to get those checks and balances out of the way. We're currently in another Guilded Age super-yacht era for a reason.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

SmaptyWolf said:

hokiewolf said:

You can certainly say the same thing about corporate management. Without pressure from a powerful government and/or workers (via unions) they also get out of control. It's all a balancing act of checks and balances that has kept our economy sane.

The modern Libertarian "free market" movement has mostly been a scam to get those checks and balances out of the way. We're currently in another Guilded Age super-yacht era for a reason.
I hear you; however, I'm a firm believe in the buyer beware mindset. The only place I "may" support government intervention is around monopolies, using antitrust laws. Unfortunately, that can be political as well. Google, I hear your name!
barelypure
Try working with the textile and furniture workers who have been laid off and what their future looks like. In Rockingham when that textile plant closed it had employed entire generations from granny to her grandchild. The workers were poorly educated and had almost no skills on which to fall back on. Not to mention the job prospects in that area was very limited.

When you have a woman in her 50s or 60s who dropped out of high school to work in a textile mill that just evaporates they have few choices. Dan River was shuttered as some billionaire in India wanted the brand name and now DR is produced there. The furniture workers were a little better off but not by much.

I don't know that unions would have helped them all that much. The educational opportunities in those areas are still lacking and that's where the state needs to step in and get the generation coming up educated in positions of the future. Textile and furniture aren't coming back.

Next up on the chopping block is going to be the retail positions as we see online shopping increase its market share. And that's an argument against allowing 8.7 million illegals and up to enter. They are going to be just another anchor on society that those who pay taxes will have to support.
caryking
barelypure said:

Try working with the textile and furniture workers who have been laid off and what their future looks like. In Rockingham when that textile plant closed it had employed entire generations from granny to her grandchild. The workers were poorly educated and had almost no skills on which to fall back on. Not to mention the job prospects in that area was very limited.

When you have a woman in her 50s or 60s who dropped out of high school to work in a textile mill that just evaporates they have few choices. Dan River was shuttered as some billionaire in India wanted the brand name and now DR is produced there. The furniture workers were a little better off but not by much.

I don't know that unions would have helped them all that much. The educational opportunities in those areas are still lacking and that's where the state needs to step in and get the generation coming up educated in positions of the future. Textile and furniture aren't coming back.

Next up on the chopping block is going to be the retail positions as we see online shopping increase its market share. And that's an argument against allowing 8.7 million illegals and up to enter. They are going to be just another anchor on society that those who pay taxes will have to support.

I agree with all you said…
Oldsouljer
caryking said:

barelypure said:

I agree with all you said…
Back in the day when unions actually were on guard for the interests of their members, they'd have crucified Biden over the border invasion.
SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

Putting aside working conditions and wages, what most people don't realize is that probably the most important thing about unions is their political power. Back when unions were strong, workers had a seat at the table. Congress made laws knowing that they had to please companies and workers.

It could certainly be argued that globalization would have looked a lot different if workers had been involved in the lawmaking.
packofwolves
Don't know about the actual number, but it is clearly a large number of people who attended. There are Libby heads imploding tonight.

hokiewolf
I'm looking forward to this debate of two old kooks

hokiewolf
I've wondered this myself

caryking
hokiewolf said:

Play the rest of the segment…. Hokie, are you turning into a disenchanted liberal?
caryking
hokiewolf said:

I'm looking forward to this debate of two old kooks

Are you saying he's not accurate?
BBW12OG
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

Play the rest of the segment…. Hokie, are you turning into a disenchanted liberal?
No... he's a spoiled, entitled, never has had to work a day in his life because of his parent's hard work millennial.

He's proven it time and time again.

First day he actually works without benefiting from what he was given will be his first.

FACT.
Werewolf
Werewolf

First Page Last Page
Page 113 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.