TRUMP 2024

298,026 Views | 4731 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Werewolf
barelypure
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Trump is campaigning to repeal the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974. Before 1974 Presidents could decide not to spend all of the money Congress authorized and return the unspent portion back to the General Fund. In effect it set the ceiling of what could be spent. With the passage of this act it set the floor. So if Congress passed a bill calling for $1.4 trillion to be spent that was the minimum amount that was going to be spent and they could add to that amount. Under Impoundment the $1.4 trillion was the max that could be spent and the President could decide to spend less. That sounds like a good thing to me. It could get spending back in check.

Agree. What's the downside of this?

The alternative, current arrangement incentivizes waste and deemphasizes value.

I'd go a step further and incentivize ways to reward departments or endeavors that come in under budget. No different than a developer incentivizing builders and vendors to be economical by sharing in realized cost savings with them.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this saying that a rogue president should have the power to fully defund any law he doesn't like? If so I can certainly envision some downsides.
Do you mean like Biden deciding not to enforce our immigration laws? Or maybe withholding armaments from Israel that Congress passed and he signed into law? Or forgiving student loans contrary to what the law says and the SCOTUS amplified. Or the myriad of regulations relating to oil leases, exploration, etc. Be specific as to what should happen to a rogue President who thumbs his nose at laws legally passed but he decides not to enforce.

I'm sure you're pointing this at Trump but he's not a rouge President, he's an orange President.
Werewolf
#Sieve, #Nappy, #Gobbler and #Foreskin; what's next? Whatcha got?

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
caryking
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Trump is campaigning to repeal the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974. Before 1974 Presidents could decide not to spend all of the money Congress authorized and return the unspent portion back to the General Fund. In effect it set the ceiling of what could be spent. With the passage of this act it set the floor. So if Congress passed a bill calling for $1.4 trillion to be spent that was the minimum amount that was going to be spent and they could add to that amount. Under Impoundment the $1.4 trillion was the max that could be spent and the President could decide to spend less. That sounds like a good thing to me. It could get spending back in check.

I'd go a step further and incentivize ways to reward departments or endeavors that come in under budget. No different than a developer incentivizing builders and vendors to be economical by sharing in realized cost savings with them.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is this saying that a rogue president should have the power to fully defund any law he doesn't like? If so I can certainly envision some downsides.
Do you mean like Biden deciding not to enforce our immigration laws? Or maybe withholding armaments from Israel that Congress passed and he signed into law? Or forgiving student loans contrary to what the law says and the SCOTUS amplified. Or the myriad of regulations relating to oil leases, exploration, etc. Be specific as to what should happen to a rogue President who thumbs his nose at laws legally passed but he decides not to enforce.

I'm sure you're pointing this at Trump but he's not a rouge President, he's an orange President.
Yes, that's why I have mixed opinions of this change.
ncsupack1
caryking said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Yes, that's why I have mixed opinions of this change.

I have mixed feelings as well. It could get ugly.
caryking
Somebody's doing their homework…

Ncsufist
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

barelypure said:

Yeah the details would matter obviously but I think discretion should be given to not have to spend all allocated money if the purpose of the allocation had been achieved without full disbursement for the task.

There are ripple effects and unintended consequences of essentially every action or inaction, but eliminating bloat and aligning incentives are things that the federal government should absolutely try to incorporate when and where practicable.

It's impractical and maybe inadvisable for the fed gub'mint to model itsel after private industry in all or even most ways but reigning in waste and inefficiencies wherever practicable helps everyone.

The mindset of use or lose prevents this theoretical operating modus.
Ncsufist
caryking said:

Somebody's doing their homework…

Wait until someone remembers they can pull funding for specific government employees position or drastically lower their salary
Ncsufist
So what do yall think is gonna happen to trumps ga case now that the Fulton county da office has been removed from prosecuting it??
Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

I don't watch Hannity but saw this on Twitter and he's interviewing two patriots.

You really have to wonder about the mental state of people who repeatedly call down God to uphold their oaths as truth when it isn't.
Werewolf
Are you aware of how many of these federal and state office holders who have either?
a) not signed their oath of office
b) signed an oath to the International Monetary Fund

SmaptyWolf
Ncsufist said:

So what do yall think is gonna happen to trumps ga case now that the Fulton county da office has been removed from prosecuting it??

Oh, did Fani Willis get taken off the case on Earth 2 where you guys live?
ncsupack1
SmaptyWolf said:

Ncsufist said:

Oh, did Fani Willis get taken off the case on Earth 2 where you guys live?

All I can find is that Trump won an appeal. I guess I could have missed something?
barelypure

caryking
Ok, this is funny…

Werewolf
#daSieve and #Nappy are going down with the ship.

Werewolf
Nothing #Sieve, Nothing......can stop what's coming. #Boomerang #Devolution

Oldsouljer
Werewolf said:

#daSieve and #Nappy are going down with the ship.

Saw that, seems to be a bit of a Trumprising in South Bronx.
barelypure
NYC has more population than 39 other states. Los Angeles has more population than 40 other states. Both will vote for Biden. It takes a lot of votes in the other states to overcome their numbers.
wolfbreath

Werewolf
LMAO. #daSieve and #Nappy will not be deterred.
Werewolf
Civilized
Same list as Billy Madison?

TheStorm
Civilized said:

Same list as Billy Madison?

I think that top line was supposed to read John Simonds?
Werewolf
Now SIeve, that's not the attitude to take! ;-)
ncsupack1
Trump coming to the 600.
Werewolf
LMAO
SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

LMAO

So he's not eligible to run for a third term in 2024 then? Awesome!
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

Werewolf said:

LMAO

So he's not eligible to run for a third term in 2024 then? Awesome!
Will you make an exception?
Werewolf
^I post a lot of provocative things here. Let's see how it all pans out ;-)
jkpackfan
barelypure said:

NYC has more population than 39 other states. Los Angeles has more population than 40 other states. Both will vote for Biden. It takes a lot of votes in the other states to overcome their numbers.
Thank god for the electoral college.
caryking

ncsupack1
jkpackfan said:

barelypure said:

Agree. Ever notice who doesn't like it?
Werewolf
caryking said:

#BOOMERANG
jkpackfan
ncsupack1 said:

jkpackfan said:

barelypure said:

Lol exactly
Gulfstream4
ncsupack1 said:

jkpackfan said:

barelypure said:

Yep
First Page Last Page
Page 111 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.