TRUMP 2024

237,713 Views | 3870 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Werewolf
packofwolves
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Civilized said:

barelypure said:

So to get around the gag order Trump is now reading excerpts published by CNN, the Today Show and Good Morning America. He's also repeating what various legal scholars have said about the case. It will be interesting what Judge Merchan does next.

That's not "getting around the gag order." The gag doesn't cover normal speech about the case. He can do that all he wants.

He just can't intimidate or threaten court staff or their families or witnesses or jurors.

He isn't allowed to post/share a link to an article published by a news outlet. Who knows what the judge will think of him reading excerpts.
packofwolves
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Oldsouljer said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

Redwolf said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

What's unconstitutional about the gag order?
As I understand it, A gag order would typically be used for the witnesses of the prosecution. The defense, being that they are being indicted, would be able to do whatever, as they are the ones being indicted.

Lol, you can stop right there. You don't understand it... though I'm sure some rando on X was very convincing.

Yes, you can put a gag order on the defense. See every mob trial in history. And yes it's constitutional... the constitution doesn't just protect free speech, it also protects having a fair trial.

I can't keep all his trials straight for obvious reasons but is he appealing all his gags or just the Jack Smith one?

Courts seem to have leaned into the First Amendment pretty heavily on the topic of gags.

I think the state has the burden of demonstrating there is sufficient risk of the fairness of the trial being in jeopardy if the gag is not issued, right? They also can't be overly broad so as not to excessively restrict speech, etc.

I think Trump has insulted the judge and judge's staff moreso than witnesses, but you could clearly make the case that such threats/harassment even of non-witnesses or jurors set a threatening tone, and jurors' and witnesses' ability to weigh in fairly may be impacted if they don't want to become the next harassment victim in Trump's crosshairs.

I'll be interested to hear the arguments and outcome if/when the gag order topic does ever go before an apellate judge.

Cohen (witness) is blabbing all over, badmouthing Trump and soliciting gifts on TikTok. Inexcusable Trump is the only one with a gag order. The judge is far from impartial.

No judge is impartial. They've all got biases.

Their judgments better be based in case law though or they'll be overturned.

Lol, you know I was stating this judge is not being impartial on this case. And this case will be overturned. What he allowed to happen in court today, which is completely irrelevant to a bookkeeping charge, is a disgrace. And no gag order on Cohen, an absolute joke.
What did he allow that's such a disgrace?

Come on, like you don't know what has been going on with this case.
Dude is just being an ass..at least that's what we use to call it…gaslighting is that the new term..either way it's an omission .. being an ass is no way to go through life.

What's going on is the prosecution is trying to establish witness credibility and that the boot knocking happened.

Trump still says he and Stormy didn't bang and that she's lying, remember?

So clearly the prosecution is going to spend time establishing that it definitely happened and that Trump and Stormy banging was what he was paying her hush money to hide.

And there it is, you are paying attention. But you like to pretend your not.

I'm not pretending anything.

I'm asking y'all questions so you'll support your claims.

I'm disagreeing that the judge did a 'disgraceful' job yesterday.

The judge objected several times to try to keep Stormy's testimony relevant, and said as much. People can quibble with some specifics but there was nothing 'disgraceful' about the job he did. He was clearly tuned into trying to keep the testimony relevant.

It's hilarious that y'all get your panties all wadded up about a judge's handling of Trump's case, but not Trump's ridiculous conduct that leads to these cases.

The case is about how the transaction was recorded in the books. There is no dispute a payment was made. Anything outside that scope is a deliberate side show and is irrelevant to the charges.

This isn't a simple review of bookkeeping.

The 'why' matters because one of the charges against him is "conspiracy to promote election." That's a felony in NY.

The state is alleging Trump, Cohen, et. al. conspired to cover up or bury dirt against Trump so it wouldn't harm his election campaign.

Motive is relevant.

They're establishing why he needed to falsify the business records. He needed to make the hush money payment to avoid a salacious affair hitting the papers leading up to the election and potentially harming his 2016 electoral prospects. Then he covered up the hush money payment later by falsifying the records.

News flash, it's not illegal to bury a story, with or without a payment. Why do you think the Feds decided not to bring charges?
And if it is illegal in NY, that's likely an unconstitutional law.

It's not illegal in NY either.

You guys seem to struggle with multifaceted problems.

Most presidents have taken classified documents.

But, no other presidents have been unable or unwilling to return them once asked to do so a bunch of times. That's obstruction, and is quite possibly criminal.

Similarly, hush money payments are not illegal.

But, conspiring to promote Trump's election by falsifying business records to cover up the payments quite possibly is illegal according to New York State law.

Whether or not the feds bring charges is not the state's concern. Different laws.

We'll see how well the state makes their case, but it's abundantly clear this goes beyond simply evaluating the legality of a hush money payment. At issue is the cover-up and conspiracy.

It cracks me up how the "state's rights" folks are so quick to crap on states when Trump regularly breaks state laws. I mean state laws don't really count, right?

It's wild man.

They can't say he didn't break laws.

All they've got is "those laws don't count," "he was the President so he shouldn't be charged even though he broke the law," "he needs to campaign so he shouldn't be charged even though he broke the law," or "TDS."

You never hear "He didn't do it."

I hope it becomes obvious when it's not so easy to charge other Presidents with crimes that the reason is that it's very uncommon to crime like Trump.

And if there was ever evidence to indict Biden or any other President, you wouldn't hear word 1 from me about it. Presidents aren't above the law and if they commit crimes they need to pay the price. I don't care what party they're in.

I finally agree on something Civ posted. We won't hear a word from him if a Dem is indicted.
barelypure
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2024-04-30/what-to-know-about-the-gag-order-violations-in-trumps-new-york-hush-money-case

The Additional Gag Order Violations:
April 22, 2024: Trump told reporters at the courthouse: "When are they going to look at all the lies Cohen did in the last trial. … He got caught lying, pure lying."
April 22, 2024: Trump said in an interview with Real America's Voice: "That jury was picked so fast 95% Democrats. … You think of it as a purely Democrat area. It's a very unfair situation."
April 23, 2024: Trump said in an interview with Action News: "Michael Cohen is a convicted liar, and he's got no credibility whatsoever. He was a lawyer and you rely on your lawyers. But Michael Cohen was a convicted liar. He was a lawyer for many people, not just me. Then he got in trouble because of things outside of what he did for me."
April 25, 2024: Trump told reports at the courthouse, regarding former National Enquirer publisher David Pecker, who was set to testify: "David's been very nice, a nice guy."

Cohen was found guilty of lying. So how is telling the truth a violation
The jury was picked fast and NYC is a Dem area. What was the violation
Again about Cohen
But someone explain how saying Pecker is a very nice guy. That sounds like a compliment
caryking
Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Oldsouljer said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

Redwolf said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

packofwolves said:

Civilized said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

Wufskins said:

What's unconstitutional about the gag order?
As I understand it, A gag order would typically be used for the witnesses of the prosecution. The defense, being that they are being indicted, would be able to do whatever, as they are the ones being indicted.

Lol, you can stop right there. You don't understand it... though I'm sure some rando on X was very convincing.

Yes, you can put a gag order on the defense. See every mob trial in history. And yes it's constitutional... the constitution doesn't just protect free speech, it also protects having a fair trial.

I can't keep all his trials straight for obvious reasons but is he appealing all his gags or just the Jack Smith one?

Courts seem to have leaned into the First Amendment pretty heavily on the topic of gags.

I think the state has the burden of demonstrating there is sufficient risk of the fairness of the trial being in jeopardy if the gag is not issued, right? They also can't be overly broad so as not to excessively restrict speech, etc.

I think Trump has insulted the judge and judge's staff moreso than witnesses, but you could clearly make the case that such threats/harassment even of non-witnesses or jurors set a threatening tone, and jurors' and witnesses' ability to weigh in fairly may be impacted if they don't want to become the next harassment victim in Trump's crosshairs.

I'll be interested to hear the arguments and outcome if/when the gag order topic does ever go before an apellate judge.

Cohen (witness) is blabbing all over, badmouthing Trump and soliciting gifts on TikTok. Inexcusable Trump is the only one with a gag order. The judge is far from impartial.

No judge is impartial. They've all got biases.

Their judgments better be based in case law though or they'll be overturned.

Lol, you know I was stating this judge is not being impartial on this case. And this case will be overturned. What he allowed to happen in court today, which is completely irrelevant to a bookkeeping charge, is a disgrace. And no gag order on Cohen, an absolute joke.
What did he allow that's such a disgrace?

Come on, like you don't know what has been going on with this case.
Dude is just being an ass..at least that's what we use to call it…gaslighting is that the new term..either way it's an omission .. being an ass is no way to go through life.

What's going on is the prosecution is trying to establish witness credibility and that the boot knocking happened.

Trump still says he and Stormy didn't bang and that she's lying, remember?

So clearly the prosecution is going to spend time establishing that it definitely happened and that Trump and Stormy banging was what he was paying her hush money to hide.

And there it is, you are paying attention. But you like to pretend your not.

I'm not pretending anything.

I'm asking y'all questions so you'll support your claims.

I'm disagreeing that the judge did a 'disgraceful' job yesterday.

The judge objected several times to try to keep Stormy's testimony relevant, and said as much. People can quibble with some specifics but there was nothing 'disgraceful' about the job he did. He was clearly tuned into trying to keep the testimony relevant.

It's hilarious that y'all get your panties all wadded up about a judge's handling of Trump's case, but not Trump's ridiculous conduct that leads to these cases.

The case is about how the transaction was recorded in the books. There is no dispute a payment was made. Anything outside that scope is a deliberate side show and is irrelevant to the charges.

This isn't a simple review of bookkeeping.

The 'why' matters because one of the charges against him is "conspiracy to promote election." That's a felony in NY.

The state is alleging Trump, Cohen, et. al. conspired to cover up or bury dirt against Trump so it wouldn't harm his election campaign.

Motive is relevant.

They're establishing why he needed to falsify the business records. He needed to make the hush money payment to avoid a salacious affair hitting the papers leading up to the election and potentially harming his 2016 electoral prospects. Then he covered up the hush money payment later by falsifying the records.

News flash, it's not illegal to bury a story, with or without a payment. Why do you think the Feds decided not to bring charges?
And if it is illegal in NY, that's likely an unconstitutional law.

It's not illegal in NY either.

You guys seem to struggle with multifaceted problems.

Most presidents have taken classified documents.

But, no other presidents have been unable or unwilling to return them once asked to do so a bunch of times. That's obstruction, and is quite possibly criminal.

Similarly, hush money payments are not illegal.

But, conspiring to promote Trump's election by falsifying business records to cover up the payments quite possibly is illegal according to New York State law.

Whether or not the feds bring charges is not the state's concern. Different laws.

We'll see how well the state makes their case, but it's abundantly clear this goes beyond simply evaluating the legality of a hush money payment. At issue is the cover-up and conspiracy.

It cracks me up how the "state's rights" folks are so quick to crap on states when Trump regularly breaks state laws. I mean state laws don't really count, right?

It's wild man.

They can't say he didn't break laws.

All they've got is "those laws don't count," "he was the President so he shouldn't be charged even though he broke the law," "he needs to campaign so he shouldn't be charged even though he broke the law," or "TDS."

You never hear "He didn't do it."

I hope it becomes obvious when it's not so easy to charge other Presidents with crimes that the reason is that it's very uncommon to crime like Trump.

And if there was ever evidence to indict Biden or any other President, you wouldn't hear word 1 from me about it. Presidents aren't above the law and if they commit crimes they need to pay the price. I don't care what party they're in.
That's because we work from a position of: innocent until proven guilty. You know Civ, that works both ways for some of us…. He's innocent and he may have done it. We don't know, for sure. That said, all these indictments definitely looks like a hit job, brought on by the Biden admin.
Werewolf
Civilized said:

That's not "getting around the gag order." The gag doesn't cover normal speech about the case. He can do that all he wants.

He just can't intimidate or threaten court staff or their families or witnesses or jurors.
#Sieve, you're so disingenuous with this comment. Trump is being prevented from intimidating or threatening court staff or their families or witnesses or jurors......????

Comical.

Gulfstream4
Ncsufist said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BBW12OG said:

Ncsufist said:

So with what has come out in ga about the 20 election…. I wonder if the attorneys are going to be dropping motions to dismiss based on the fact that the ga state election board has released that there were more fraudulent votes for Biden than the number of votes that he won by. The whole premise was that Trump was trying to change the election results. But that's what in fact we now know occurred but for Biden.

Where you at Smapty???

You dodge all of the facts when convenient but yap on when you think you have a point.

Come on comrade.. show up or STFU.

"Georgia election officials determined mistakes in 2020 by county election workers would not have changed the outcome." VINDICATED!!1

https://georgiarecorder.com/2024/05/07/georgia-oversight-panel-ruminates-on-2020-election-hiccups-as-2024-showdowns-loom/

When asked if they had the ballots and scans of ballots they said no. They do not have the ability to go back and actually count what they have… because they don't have anything. That's why nothing will change.

I don't know why this is difficult for our liberal friends to understand?
packofwolves
This article from The Washington Examiner sums it up nicely, "The Trump trial farce". How in the hell is a DA allowed to prosecute a crime without stating what the crime is? I guess only in a NY court.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/editorials/2996508/the-trump-trial-farce/

"According to the indictment filed by Bragg, Trump is on trial for the crime of falsifying business records in 2016 and 2017. Bragg claims that money paid by Trump to his lawyer, Michael Cohen, was used to keep Daniels from speaking publicly before the 2016 presidential election.

It is not illegal to pay for someone's silence. Nor is it illegal to pay a third party to make the payment. What Bragg alleges is that Trump recorded his payments to Daniels falsely in his business records. This is, if true, a bookkeeping crime."

" What is this "other crime" that Trump is alleged to have intended to commit or conceal? Bragg's indictment does not say. Trump is literally on trial, facing more than 100 years in jail, for a crime that his tormentor-prosecutor cannot or will not name."
packgrad
Haven't you heard? He "quite possibly" did something against New York State law. What that is nobody knows. It may not even be a law yet. Maybe they can change another law to meet the charges. Dims are fine with that. Fair trials and all...
BigBarryWood
Sounds a lot like the mueller investigation. We don't have anything but if we investigate him we can find something.
SmaptyWolf
BigBarryWood said:

Sounds a lot like the mueller investigation. We don't have anything but if we investigate him we can find something.

Uh huh. Except there was so much smoke (more like a volcano) that a REPUBLICAN appointed Mueller to investigate. The alternate reality you guys live in really is a wonder to behold.
BigBarryWood
SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

Uh huh. Except there was so much smoke (more like a volcano) that a REPUBLICAN appointed Mueller to investigate. The alternate reality you guys live in really is a wonder to behold.

Yet you are proving my point. Someone is living in an alternate reality that's for sure.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-robert-mueller-a-democrat-republican-his-appointment-was-lauded-by-both-parties-58693

If Mueller is registered today as a Republican, Democrat, or Independent, it is not clear. The last time this was known was in 2001. As he was considered for FBI director by the Bush administration, the Washington Post reported that he was a registered Republican. In the same report, though, it was noted that he is considered by most to be "apolitical," and that he had a history of pushing Democrats for temporary openings, even under a Republican president.

Mueller was also appointed by Obama and it's hard to believe someone as partisan as Dear Leader would appoint a Republican for anything higher than dog catcher and maybe not even then.

Just like Tucker Carlson was a registered Democrat. You're putting too much emphasis in how a person is registered rather than what their ideology might be.

barelypure
The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct is looking at whether Judge Arthur Engoron broke the rules.

New York City real estate attorney, Adam Leitman Bailey stated publicly that he spoke with Judge Engoron three weeks before the decision, advising him to "get it right." Although Engoron has denied any influence from Bailey, the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct is reportedly investigating whether Engoron violated judicial conduct rules, according to NBC New York.

New York State Rules of Judicial Conduct explicitly prohibit judges from engaging in ex parte communications, except when seeking advice from a disinterested expert. According to New York law, "If a judge inadvertently receives an unauthorized ex parte communication bearing upon the substance of a matter, the judge shall make provision promptly to notify the parties of the substance of the communication and provide the parties with an opportunity to respond."

The code doesn't provide an exception for 'well, this was a small conversation' or 'well, it didn't really impact me' or 'well, this wasn't something that I, the judge, found significant. The rules are meant not only to prevent outside influence, but also any appearance of outside influence.

SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

https://www.bustle.com/p/is-robert-mueller-a-democrat-republican-his-appointment-was-lauded-by-both-parties-58693

If Mueller is registered today as a Republican, Democrat, or Independent, it is not clear. The last time this was known was in 2001. As he was considered for FBI director by the Bush administration, the Washington Post reported that he was a registered Republican. In the same report, though, it was noted that he is considered by most to be "apolitical," and that he had a history of pushing Democrats for temporary openings, even under a Republican president.

Mueller was also appointed by Obama and it's hard to believe someone as partisan as Dear Leader would appoint a Republican for anything higher than dog catcher and maybe not even then.

Just like Tucker Carlson was a registered Democrat. You're putting too much emphasis in how a person is registered rather than what their ideology might be.

I said a Republican, namely the deputy attorney general in Trump's DOJ, appointed Mueller. Turns out Mueller didn't even bother to investigate 95% of the massive red flags, and instead mostly just documented endless instances of obstruction of justice (you know, innocent people stuff) and kicked the them over to congress to deal with. By the time conservative spin masters were done, OMG TRUMP WAS EXONERATED. Anyhoo, that's another conversation.

Anyway, if you'd care to spend five minutes googling you might discover that Dems appoint Republicans to high ranking positions, especially in the DOJ, all the time. It's Republicans that would never appoint a Dem in a million years. Because you're nuts.
PackProwl63
If Trump is found guilty it will be because Soros has offshore accounts of millions in the jurors names !!
packofwolves
PackProwl63 said:

If Trump is found guilty it will be because Soros has offshore accounts of millions in the jurors names !!

I will go with severe TDS.
ncsupack1
Some of these threads can get very interesting.
BigBarryWood
SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

I said a Republican, namely the deputy attorney general in Trump's DOJ, appointed Mueller. Turns out Mueller didn't even bother to investigate 95% of the massive red flags, and instead mostly just documented endless instances of obstruction of justice (you know, innocent people stuff) and kicked the them over to congress to deal with. By the time conservative spin masters were done, OMG TRUMP WAS EXONERATED. Anyhoo, that's another conversation.

Anyway, if you'd care to spend five minutes googling you might discover that Dems appoint Republicans to high ranking positions, especially in the DOJ, all the time. It's Republicans that would never appoint a Dem in a million years. Because you're nuts.

Didn't investigate 95%. Good lord.
SmaptyWolf
BigBarryWood said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

I'd be happy to give you an extensive list of the many W T F questions that never got looked into... literally every time you opened one of the Trump Admin's closets a Russian oligarch popped out... but I imagine you don't really care.
packgrad
RUSSIA!!!!!!
ncsupack1
A pattern.
hokiewolf
Sorry, but Russian / Trump collusion in 2016 is a farce and has been widely disproven by many reputable reporters.

You can ***** about it, but that puts you in the same category as election deniers in my book
Bockwinkle
SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

I'd be happy to give you an extensive list of the many W T F questions that never got looked into... literally every time you opened one of the Trump Admin's closets a Russian oligarch popped out... but I imagine you don't really care.

Lmfao. Still wears a mask. Guaranteed.
Gulfstream4
SmaptyWolf said:

BigBarryWood said:

And what was the big gotcha Mueller came up with after the investigation?
Ncsufist
One of braggs paralegals testified today that phone calls between cohen and stormys attorney were deleted by the das office. Wow. That will get any case dismissed as well as criminal charges for destruction of evidence.
ncsupack1
Ncsufist said:

One of braggs paralegals testified today that phone calls between cohen and stormys attorney were deleted by the das office. Wow. That will get any case dismissed as well as criminal charges for destruction of evidence.
I need to look into this.
Ncsufist
ncsupack1 said:

Ncsufist said:

Yeah I'm waiting for the person I watch does their daily recap to confirm this but it was really specific with the dudes name and everything.
packofwolves
Ncsufist said:

ncsupack1 said:

Ncsufist said:

Yeah I'm waiting for the person I watch does their daily recap to confirm this but it was really specific with the dudes name and everything.

I came across this reference:

" The paralegal has admitted that they've deleted some call records from the files. Bove also has Jarmel-Schneider confirm that some calls were removed from an exhibit of calls between Gina Rodriguez and Dylan Howard."

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-hush-money-trial-05-10-24/h_2d81aa0d37827548150bf889f12f7db2

Another reference:

" Using the phone records, Jarmel-Schneider said he removed extraneous calls, standardized the time zones, and created charts to act as a "roadmap" so jurors could easily see the witnesses' relevant communications."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/trump-hush-money-trial/defense-tries-to-show-peckerhicks-call-never-took-place-110111674?id=110052829
Ncsufist
Deleted call records. While not as bad it's still bad. This sounds more like it's from their presentation and not the actual records. Should have just been redacted and not removed
Werewolf
Trump!!!!

#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
This movie is longer than I expected but its looking like its about to get really good. Hiting the 'head' right quick and then to the counter for a box of buttery popcorn. Hey Sieve, I understand its quite an epoch ending! ;-)

The greatest military operation in the history of the world and you're watching it!

Oldsouljer
Ncsufist said:

Deleted call records. While not as bad it's still bad. This sounds more like it's from their presentation and not the actual records. Should have just been redacted and not removed
Even if your first thought was correct, I doubt it would have happened. If this Merchan guy is representative of the NY State legal system, its obviously corrupt to its core.
Werewolf
Learn from the eagle and don't fight the crows. Just keep ascending, there might be along for the ride but they will soon fall off. Do not allow yourself to succumb to distraction, keep you focus on things above and continue rising.

Werewolf
Domestic terrorists congregate in New Jersey. Looks like a lot of em' in Jersey.

Werewolf
#Sieve, when you're ready to convert, I'll send you a MAGA cap. I'll continue to extend the olive branch.

Don't be the last to jump from the sinking ship. You'll be embarrassed when you learn what flag that ship actually flies.

They were saying 40K, then 80K and now its supposedly 100K. Damn bunch of terrorists.

First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 111

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.