Political Operation: Target - Supreme Court

10,059 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Civilized
statefan91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

We did take in about a million folks just last year who believe they can get out of poverty in their countries and traveled a lot farther than anyone you can mention already living here. Regardless, slaughtering people is not a solution to poverty. That's a terrible answer if that is the best you have.
How many children have you adopted?
PackFanXL, that is such a great point! All this other stuff is just noise! If there is a will, there is a way!

I have one for you... If you can't afford the trip for an abortion, close your legs! Any other reason, for an abortion, will not be available, regardless of your CNN report.
In a perfect world that would be great. We're not in a perfect world, so now you would rather someone bring an unwanted child into the world?
PackFansXL
statefan91 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

We did take in about a million folks just last year who believe they can get out of poverty in their countries and traveled a lot farther than anyone you can mention already living here. Regardless, slaughtering people is not a solution to poverty. That's a terrible answer if that is the best you have.
PackFanXL, that is such a great point! All this other stuff is just noise! If there is a will, there is a way!

I have one for you... If you can't afford the trip for an abortion, close your legs! Any other reason, for an abortion, will not be available, regardless of your CNN report.
In a perfect world that would be great. We're not in a perfect world, so now you would rather someone bring an unwanted child into the world?
Given the choice to live or never live, how many of those "unwanted" children would choose to be ripped to pieces in their mother's womb versus fighting to make a better life for themselves?
statefan91
God has a plan, no? If they are never born then they would get to experience the glory of Heaven, isn't that what we all ultimately want?
caryking
statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Me personally? None. My brother adopted two girls and paid for their college educations. The second one just graduated last week.

How about you?
I've not adopted any but I'm also not advocating for removing the option of abortion. If you're pro-life, why haven't you adopted any children yourself and helped these children that have been brought into the world unwanted?
typical liberal... move the issue away from the real issue.

BTW, kids do need families, I agree. I also believe they need a mother and a father. Do you?
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
statefan91 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

No, I want people to start taking accountability! That includes you! We have an immediate issue of abortion, damn near on-demand. I wish people, like you, would put the focus back on the spiritual leaders to help educate the negative affects on children being brought into this world without a strong foundation!

Abortions will always be here; so, the true way to slow them down is to help people live an accountable life!

Joe Biden
PackFansXL
statefan91 said:

God has a plan, no? If they are never born then they would get to experience the glory of Heaven, isn't that what we all ultimately want?
If only we followed God's plan ... We wouldn't slaughter nearly a million unborn Americans every year since the disastrous Roe v Wade decision. I am not trying to be judge of anyone. I just can't see how we can justify destroying the life of someone because their mother was irresponsible, or no longer likes the father, or wants to spend her time on her career, or thinks she can't afford them.

BTW, I have never heard anyone propose the fast track to heaven argument. Have you heard that one at your church?
PackFansXL
https://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/

Quote:

The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2020, there were 74,868 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.

Percentage Reason
0.01% The pregnancy resulted from an incestuous relationship
0.15% The woman was raped
0.20% The woman's life was endangered by the pregnancy
0.98% There was a serious fetal abnormality
1.48% The woman's physical health was threatened by the pregnancy
1.88% The woman's psychological health was threatened by the pregnancy
20.4% The woman aborted for social or economic reasons
74.9% No reason (elective)
Quote:

• In 2019, women who had not aborted in the past accounted for 58% of all abortions; women with one or two prior abortions accounted for 34%, and women with three or more prior abortions accounted for 8% (CDC).

Looks like I was wrong about the percentage of repeating abortion selecting mothers. 34% sounds more like a third than half. Notice the reasons given by about 3/4s of women is simply elective. According to this data, only 20% of would be mothers mentioned finances as their primary reason.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why not move a short distance away....where?"

Who said they have to move to low income housing? Are you saying they can't just choose to move to a better place with a better environment? And no I'm not saying it's as easy as flipping a light switch. But where there's a will there's a way.

"Why stay poor?"

You kind of answered your own statement here. Culture! That's the failing part of all of this. It takes a movement to change the culture, or remove yourself from the culture. For every example you give off things to overcome, you can find an example of somebody that has overcome those circumstances. It can happen, it's not impossible.

"legislators don't care about those in abject poverty"

Well, that's where I say to make change with you vote. They have that option as well. Nobody is forcing them to vote for crappy representation. I never said any of this is easy. But, there are thousands of examples that it's possible. I'm really not trying to argue about this, and I don't have all the answers. But if it's possible for some, it's possible for the many.
Do you feel like housing / rental prices are at a place where someone who is in a bad situation can easily move somewhere else? You say "where there's a will, there's a way" but what does that mean for people that have a will but no realistic way to get out of the cycle of poverty?

No, I don't. And again, I'm not saying that it's a decision that happens like turning on the lights. But, what you and Chem are doing is making excuses. Should those in poverty keep making excuses and just stay there. "My life sucks, I can't catch a break! I'm just going to get some weed and alcohol and hang with my friends and ***** about our lives." Is that a choice?

I'm really not trying to say this is easy, or that everybody can overcome these things that exist in poverty ridden areas. But, I do think the more people that do overcome, it could finish these areas over time. It's not an easy fix either. But, you have to start somewhere.
LOL, come on man, thats not making excuses, its reality. Tell you what, I don't know the worst, poorest school in your current district, but why don't you send your kids there for 12 years? Let them get the poorest resrouces and the poorest friends to hang out with for their developmental cycles?

Then lets test them when they graduate and see if they have the same principals and interests and motivations that the other kids in your current neighborhood.

I know what you're trying to say, and in theory I agree....ask my kids, I am 100% the "get up off the ground, shake it off, and get back at it" approach to life, and that has served them well.

But i think you underappreciate how stacked the deck is against many people to just say "suck it up".

Sooo....when you say you have to start somewhere -- do what? Cut them off and give them nothing, sink or swim?
If you're not married, we're going to take your kids? Sew you up so you can't have more?

You can LOL all you want. If people had your outlook, there wouldn't be any success stories in the game of life. Do you not know if anybody that overcame any of the things you mention as holding them back? I'll send my kids to whatever school you want me to. But, they'll still have me as a parent to kick their ass when they do something stupid and keep them in the right path.

I have a young man I worked with that was literally left in a garbage can, find and put through the foster system. He ended up going and playing college football, playing for Team USA football, and is an awesome motivational speaker. Did he have things stacked against him? Did he make a decision to get himself out of it?

Again, I'm not saying that everybody has the same wherewithal to do it. But, how many just give into the their surroundings and don't try? The more we help to turn the corner, I believe it becomes easier for the next one to do it. I'm also not talking about cutting anybody off. But, if people aren't willing to stand up for themselves and get helped, no matter what we do, they can't be helped.

What's the first step an alcoholic has to make?

Steve Videtich
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

The state of Florida records a reason for every abortion that occurs within its borders each year. In 2020, there were 74,868 abortions in Florida. This table lists each reason and the percentage of abortions that occurred because of it.

Percentage Reason
Quote:

• In 2019, women who had not aborted in the past accounted for 58% of all abortions; women with one or two prior abortions accounted for 34%, and women with three or more prior abortions accounted for 8% (CDC).

Looks like I was wrong about the percentage of repeating abortion selecting mothers. 34% sounds more like a third than half. Notice the reasons given by about 3/4s of women is simply elective. According to this data, only 20% of would be mothers mentioned finances as their primary reason.

That's still high!
910wolf
statefan91 said:

Holy smokes is this actually an argument for abortion now? Killing unborn children and not giving them a chance to live their life is fine because they can just go to heaven? What an absurd statement
cowboypack02
caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

Me personally? None. My brother adopted two girls and paid for their college educations. The second one just graduated last week.

How about you?
I've not adopted any but I'm also not advocating for removing the option of abortion. If you're pro-life, why haven't you adopted any children yourself and helped these children that have been brought into the world unwanted?

BTW, kids do need families, I agree. I also believe they need a mother and a father. Do you?
We are back and forth but I think that this is a huge issue!

The traditional family unit has fallen out of favor with a large majority of the country and I think we are paying for the consequences of that.
Steve Videtich
cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

The traditional family unit has fallen out of favor with a large majority of the country and I think we are paying for the consequences of that.

Agreed! It's at the core of many underlying problems we have.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Who said they have to move to low income housing? Are you saying they can't just choose to move to a better place with a better environment? And no I'm not saying it's as easy as flipping a light switch. But where there's a will there's a way.

"Why stay poor?"

You kind of answered your own statement here. Culture! That's the failing part of all of this. It takes a movement to change the culture, or remove yourself from the culture. For every example you give off things to overcome, you can find an example of somebody that has overcome those circumstances. It can happen, it's not impossible.

Well, that's where I say to make change with you vote. They have that option as well. Nobody is forcing them to vote for crappy representation. I never said any of this is easy. But, there are thousands of examples that it's possible. I'm really not trying to argue about this, and I don't have all the answers. But if it's possible for some, it's possible for the many.
Do you feel like housing / rental prices are at a place where someone who is in a bad situation can easily move somewhere else? You say "where there's a will, there's a way" but what does that mean for people that have a will but no realistic way to get out of the cycle of poverty?

No, I don't. And again, I'm not saying that it's a decision that happens like turning on the lights. But, what you and Chem are doing is making excuses. Should those in poverty keep making excuses and just stay there. "My life sucks, I can't catch a break! I'm just going to get some weed and alcohol and hang with my friends and ***** about our lives." Is that a choice?

I'm really not trying to say this is easy, or that everybody can overcome these things that exist in poverty ridden areas. But, I do think the more people that do overcome, it could finish these areas over time. It's not an easy fix either. But, you have to start somewhere.
LOL, come on man, thats not making excuses, its reality. Tell you what, I don't know the worst, poorest school in your current district, but why don't you send your kids there for 12 years? Let them get the poorest resrouces and the poorest friends to hang out with for their developmental cycles?

Then lets test them when they graduate and see if they have the same principals and interests and motivations that the other kids in your current neighborhood.

I know what you're trying to say, and in theory I agree....ask my kids, I am 100% the "get up off the ground, shake it off, and get back at it" approach to life, and that has served them well.

But i think you underappreciate how stacked the deck is against many people to just say "suck it up".

Sooo....when you say you have to start somewhere -- do what? Cut them off and give them nothing, sink or swim?
If you're not married, we're going to take your kids? Sew you up so you can't have more?

You can LOL all you want. If people had your outlook, there wouldn't be any success stories in the game of life. Do you not know if anybody that overcame any of the things you mention as holding them back? I'll send my kids to whatever school you want me to. But, they'll still have me as a parent to kick their ass when they do something stupid and keep them in the right path.

I have a young man I worked with that was literally left in a garbage can, find and put through the foster system. He ended up going and playing college football, playing for Team USA football, and is an awesome motivational speaker. Did he have things stacked against him? Did he make a decision to get himself out of it?

Again, I'm not saying that everybody has the same wherewithal to do it. But, how many just give into the their surroundings and don't try? The more we help to turn the corner, I believe it becomes easier for the next one to do it. I'm also not talking about cutting anybody off. But, if people aren't willing to stand up for themselves and get helped, no matter what we do, they can't be helped.

Actually, if people had my outlook, and a supportive set of parents (though very blue collar, lower income), like I did, we'd be much better off, as my personal track record shows.
Nevertheless....if your kids did that, odds say they would not be as successful....but of course, having you there increases that odd very much. So of course with most poverty, that 2nd parent in the home does not exist.

So now who's teaching the accountability? If they don't learn it from 2 parents, where are they learning it? The street? The guy on the corner who is making $$$?

You point out an exception, and that is awesome. Something in his DNA, or somebody in his path that helped along the way I guess.

Look....I'd love for all these people impoverished to have some sort of great motivation to rise up. But I've been in a number of projects in Charlotte, and man, it is so depressing that it was easy to see how it is easy to take the wrong road....especially when daddy isn't there to kick the butt.
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

In my view, the biggest issue we have. Period. By far. Bigger than abortion/non-abortion, state vs federal rights, gas prices vs environment, or Trump is a saint or a sinner.....much more important

But not a popular one to call out
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

Actually, if people had my outlook, and a supportive set of parents (though very blue collar, lower income), like I did, we'd be much better off, as my personal track record shows.
Nevertheless....if your kids did that, odds say they would not be as successful....but of course, having you there increases that odd very much. So of course with most poverty, that 2nd parent in the home does not exist.

So now who's teaching the accountability? If they don't learn it from 2 parents, where are they learning it? The street? The guy on the corner who is making $$$?

You point out an exception, and that is awesome. Something in his DNA, or somebody in his path that helped along the way I guess.

Look....I'd love for all these people impoverished to have some sort of great motivation to rise up. But I've been in a number of projects in Charlotte, and man, it is so depressing that it was easy to see how it is easy to take the wrong road....especially when daddy isn't there to kick the butt.

According to your posts, all they need is an excuse. Very sad...
caryking
cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

100% agree!!!

Joe Biden
GuerrillaPack
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-enraged-they-may-have-to-drive-a-few-hours-to-commit-murder

Quote:

Democrats Enraged They May Have To Drive A Few Hours To Commit Murder

WASHINGTON, D.C.Democrats have gathered in force on the steps of the Supreme Court Building to express their collective outrage at possibly having to drive a few hours to commit murder.

"A five-hour round trip just to be able to murder a baby? Does the oppression never end?" cried Senator Warren, surrounded by protesters. "No woman should ever have to fill up with gas in order to meet a hitman!"
top comment on YouTube post

Quote:

"Woman on way to commit abortion across state lines bursts into tears after hitting a wild rabbit"…."it was so small and precious, damn the patriarchy for making me do this!"
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
mrcpack17
The my body my choice guys certainly changed their tune real quick.
GuerrillaPack
mrcpack17 said:

The my body my choice guys certainly changed their tune real quick.
The unborn child is NOT "the woman's body". That is a separate human being -- with a separate DNA, heartbeat, etc.
"Ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." - John 15:19
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

And according to yours, maybe you can wave a magic wand to create lots of available jobs, you can click your heels and transport them all to a fairyland where they can live at no expense....and you can give your pep talk of "Suck it up buttercup" on the way there.
Even sadder.
Oldsouljer
statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

I've had experience with this. Married relatively late in life. We found out we medically couldn't have children. Looked into domestic adoption (I wasn't interested in going overseas again), found out it's nearly impossible for a middle aged Caucasian couple to adopt, we just weren't considered suitable parents.
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

In my view, the biggest issue we have. Period. By far. Bigger than abortion/non-abortion, state vs federal rights, gas prices vs environment, or Trump is a saint or a sinner.....much more important

Its not because this discussion goes directly to race because of the disparity between black and white households.

According to the Census, in 2020 61% of Black children grow up in a single parent household compared to only 24% for white children. That is a huge difference and I believe that is what causes a lot of the other issues we see in this country.

Unfortunately if this gets brought up you'll typically gat called a racist, that ends this particular conversation, and then all of the benefits that could be had by solving this are lost.

cowboypack02
Oldsouljer said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

I've had experience with this. Married relatively late in life. We found out we medically couldn't have children. Looked into domestic adoption (I wasn't interested in going overseas again), found out it's nearly impossible for a middle aged Caucasian couple to adopt, we just weren't considered suitable parents.
If you don't mind me asking...why?
Packchem91
Oldsouljer said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

We adopted from Guatemala vs domestic. Our biggest concern -- the ability of the mother to change her mind later one. Sad, selfish, but truth. I've heard of mixed success with doing it domestically -- lots of people with relative ease, but also some terribly bad stories too. And sadly, the cost is also a huge prohibitor -- there are many capable and willing parents who can't afford the $30k+ it often takes to do it.

Adoption is difficult. And for the kids it is too --- the # of adopted children with long-term emotional / mental health issues is high, sadly.

While we've learned that a lot more people than ever thought do adopt, there are wayyyyyy to few folks who do it. Its terrible in the US, but far worse in poor countries. I visited a US-Christian run orphanage in Guatemala as part of a mission trip a few years back and it was bad...BUT compare to the government run orphanages there, it is a heaven.
Packchem91
cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

Its not because this discussion goes directly to race because of the disparity between black and white households.

According to the Census, in 2020 61% of Black children grow up in a single parent household compared to only 24% for white children. That is a huge difference and I believe that is what causes a lot of the other issues we see in this country.

Unfortunately if this gets brought up you'll typically gat called a racist, that ends this particular conversation, and then all of the benefits that could be had by solving this are lost.

Yeah, that is a big factor. And while we don't want the government dictating family structure, they could at least be more truthful and outspoken on how much of a factor the broken family is on poverty. Churches have kind of lost their way with their own scandals that take away the moral authority.
And of course the cultural inputs almost exclusively celebrate these lifestyles instead of call them out.
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

And according to yours, maybe you can wave a magic wand to create lots of available jobs, you can click your heels and transport them all to a fairyland where they can live at no expense....and you can give your pep talk of "Suck it up buttercup" on the way there.
Even sadder.

Have people come out of these bad situations and made good out of their lives, yes or no?
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

Even sadder.

Have people come out of these bad situations and made good out of their lives, yes or no?
Of course -- as i said earlier, there are plenty of exceptions. There are plenty of people reared in the best of conditions who fail misreably at adjusting in life as well. Both cases are exceptions to the rule. Neither implies that the majority of the rest of the people from those two backgrounds are going to follow suit.
So how do you change the likelihood of success. It can't just be catch sayings that you apply to yourself of your family because the backgrounds to support that are completely different.

I'm all for the gameplan to resolve it. Is it some mix of business / community support like what happened at East Lake, Atlanta (where the PGA Tour Championship event occurs every year)? Wild success....but who else is even trying to emulate it?
Steve Videtich
Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

Even sadder.

Of course -- as i said earlier, there are plenty of exceptions. There are plenty of people reared in the best of conditions who fail misreably at adjusting in life as well. Both cases are exceptions to the rule. Neither implies that the majority of the rest of the people from those two backgrounds are going to follow suit.
So how do you change the likelihood of success. It can't just be catch sayings that you apply to yourself of your family because the backgrounds to support that are completely different.

I'm all for the gameplan to resolve it. Is it some mix of business / community support like what happened at East Lake, Atlanta (where the PGA Tour Championship event occurs every year)? Wild success....but who else is even trying to emulate it?

I have never once argued with your points of what they have to overcome. I've never once argued with your point that it's a tough road to travel. All I've simply said is that many have overcome. If some can do it, more can do it. Probably not all.

I haven't put anybody down for not coming out of it. Sorry for having a glass half full approach to it. But, focusing on the negative isn't going to change their circumstances. I'm done arguing with you about something so basic.
Packchem91
Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

Packchem91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

statefan91 said:

Steve Videtich said:

"Why stay poor?"

Even sadder.

I have never once argued with your points of what they have to overcome. I've never once argued with your point that it's a tough road to travel. All I've simply said is that many have overcome. If some can do it, more can do it. Probably not all.

I haven't put anybody down for not coming out of it. Sorry for having a glass half full approach to it. But, focusing on the negative isn't going to change their circumstances. I'm done arguing with you about something so basic.
LOL, and I've never once said having a good attitude and strong work ethic is bad.
But the vast vast majority do not overcome -- there is a reason that the "circle of poverty" is such a well-versed saying. So how do you make it easier for them. You can't just say "end poverty"....if it was so basic, it wouldn't be a problem.
PackFansXL
PackFansXL said:

Quote:

Percentage Reason
Quote:

I still don't think poverty is the primary source of our abortion problem.
Oldsouljer
cowboypack02 said:

Oldsouljer said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

If you don't mind me asking...why?
It's hard for me to answer, I can only tell you what adoption agencies told us, but many kids up for adoption in this country aren't white so that was a strike against us, but our age was the real deal breaker, I think.
packgrad
statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

What a stupid post.
packgrad
This reminds me of posters here.

caryking
packgrad said:

This reminds me of posters here.

Is suicide an option?

BTW, that is a joke...

Joe Biden
cowboypack02
Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

Packchem91 said:

cowboypack02 said:

caryking said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

statefan91 said:

PackFansXL said:

How about you?

Yeah, that is a big factor. And while we don't want the government dictating family structure, they could at least be more truthful and outspoken on how much of a factor the broken family is on poverty. Churches have kind of lost their way with their own scandals that take away the moral authority.
And of course the cultural inputs almost exclusively celebrate these lifestyles instead of call them out.
True on the government part.

On the church part...while I agree that some churches have had their own scandals and issues, I would also say that we as a culture have de-emphasized religion as a whole. Unfortunately it also seems like people have turned politics into a religion in the place of churches.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.