The Biden Administration..V3

577,805 Views | 8509 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Ncsufist
SmaptyWolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
barelypure said:

Do we need to change the title of this thread since our leftist friends don't want to talk about Biden but go all in with their But Trump. And I'm pretty sure there is already a Trump thread for them to make their accusations.

Yes, the natural order of the Water Cooler Universe is that all Trump threads must talk about how great Trump is and all Biden threads are reserved for trashing Biden.

It's actually pretty comical being one of the few guys on here pointing out positive things about Biden... such a foreign experience in your bubble that it's basically always met with a chorus of "OMG THIS CAN'T BE SERIOUS SUCH A TROLL IGNORE THIS GUY!".

Anyway, do you also police the Trump thread? Sure seems to be a lot of But Biden going on over there.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Do we need to change the title of this thread since our leftist friends don't want to talk about Biden but go all in with their But Trump. And I'm pretty sure there is already a Trump thread for them to make their accusations.

Yes, the natural order of the Water Cooler Universe is that all Trump threads must talk about how great Trump is and all Biden threads are reserved for trashing Biden.

It's actually pretty comical being one of the few guys on here pointing out positive things about Biden... such a foreign experience in your bubble that it's basically always met with a chorus of "OMG THIS CAN'T BE SERIOUS SUCH A TROLL IGNORE THIS GUY!".

Anyway, do you also police the Trump thread? Sure seems to be a lot of But Biden going on over there.
Well since you are the But Biden expert I'll leave that task to you. Besides I'm not here but for a couple hours a day so surely much would slip thru the cracks if I took on that role.
SmaptyWolf
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Well since you are the But Biden expert I'll leave that task to you. Besides I'm not here but for a couple hours a day so surely much would slip thru the cracks if I took on that role.

Alternatively you could just stop bawling about what gets posted where. Have you seen Werewolf's disinformation vomit in every thread? It's not like we're maintaining the Library of Congress here.
barelypure
SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Alternatively you could just stop bawling about what gets posted where. Have you seen Werewolf's disinformation vomit in every thread? It's not like we're maintaining the Library of Congress here.
And yet here you come bawling about what I posted and what werewolf posts. Kind of ironic isn't it.
Gulfstream4
barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

And yet here you come bawling about what I posted and what werewolf posts. Kind of ironic isn't it.

They can't talk about their guy and it's been like that for three years. Everything…EVERYTHING, comes back to something-something Trump.
wolfbreath
Gulfstream4
wolfbreath said:

lol
Werewolf
Tyranny is rapidly on its way, do we awaken in time to stop it?

Wufskins
Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

They can't talk about their guy and it's been like that for three years. Everything…EVERYTHING, comes back to something-something Trump.

I personally liked the name Learjet better.
Gulfstream4
Wufskins said:

Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Thank you packskins
Wufskins
Gulfstream4 said:

Wufskins said:

Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Thank you packskins

You're a good guy, we just have different views in politics. And I'd switch to wufskins on PP if i knew how.
Gulfstream4
Wufskins said:

Gulfstream4 said:

Wufskins said:

Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Thank you packskins

You're a good guy, we just have different views in politics. And I'd switch to wufskins on PP if i knew how.

Back at you, amigo!

I'm seeing more and more posters from PP here. The new pay to be on the BY idea is killing that place. I don't think I'll go back?
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

Because he was the most recent President and quite possibly our next President.

Who would you prefer we compare Biden to?

John Quincy Adams?
Gulfstream4
Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

John Quincy Adams?

If you scroll to the top you'll see this is the Biden administration thread. You could talk about the guy you voted for and the job he's doing without something-something Trump, or maybe you can't?
Civilized
Gulfstream4 said:

Civilized said:

Gulfstream4 said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

SmaptyWolf said:

barelypure said:

John Quincy Adams?

If you scroll to the top you'll see this is the Biden administration thread. You could talk about the guy you voted for and the job he's doing without something-something Trump, or maybe you can't?

Sure. But specifics matter.

If you say "Biden's southern border situation is a hot mess" and I say "yeah but Trump is a serial sex assaulter" you have a point about whataboutisms.

If you say "Biden's southern border situation is a hot mess" and I say "OK but there was a sharp and statistically significant uptick in southern border crossings in 2018 and 2019 under Trump that abated only when the world shut down for COVID; I wonder what caused that sharp increase in southern crossings under Trump and how different the dialogue would be now regarding the causes and reasons for the sharp increase if that pattern that emerged under Trump had not been sidetracked by a global pandemic" then that is good-faith conversation that absolutely germane.

If you want this to be a "***** about Biden" thread then I get it. If you want to have actual contextual discussion about policy options, decisions, and results it's absolutely relevant to compare this President to the most recent one and/or the prospective future one to compare results and speculate about how the other guy's way of handling something would have worked better (or not).

Werewolf
Real inflation is running at 12-18% as it was computed back in the 1980's before the massage......and we are already taxed to smithereens.

Werewolf
TheStorm
Civ still playing Sergeant Shultz, I see!
barelypure
So what did we learn last week. Trump stops off at a Chick-fil-a, the POC all fall in love with him and he buys milkshakes for everyone there. To show him up Biden goes to Sheetz and 1 guy hugs him but everyone else there pretty much ignores him. And he buys a milkshake just for himself, well after some difficulty.

How did Biden react to his cold reception? Well, the very next day the Biden regime sued Sheetz, Inc. for racial discrimination because the compan0y won't hire felons. Is not hiring felons racist? I don't get it. I guess the next time he goes out the message has been sent, either have people lined up to fawn over him or expect lawfare to reign holy hell down on your business.

Wufskins
FYI, the EEOC is not part of the Biden regime. It's an independent agency that enforces federal laws.
Civilized
barelypure said:

So what did we learn last week. Trump stops off at a Chick-fil-a, the POC all fall in love with him and he buys milkshakes for everyone there. To show him up Biden goes to Sheetz and 1 guy hugs him but everyone else there pretty much ignores him. And he buys a milkshake just for himself, well after some difficulty.

How did Biden react to his cold reception? Well, the very next day the Biden regime sued Sheetz, Inc. for racial discrimination because the compan0y won't hire felons. Is not hiring felons racist? I don't get it. I guess the next time he goes out the message has been sent, either have people lined up to fawn over him or expect lawfare to reign holy hell down on your business.

I knew your post was an obvious truth distortion when reading it without even knowing anything about the EEOC/Sheetz situation.

Evidently they're not suing Sheetz because they won't "hire felons". They're suing them because they're turning away POC applicants at a higher rate than white applicants for having "failed" a criminal background check.

You can't screen job and housing applicants on race but you can on credit and criminal. However this standard is often not applied equally by companies towards applicants, which is the heart of the EEOC's complaint.

Sheetz turns away POC at a 50% greater rate than white applicants due to criminal background. My guess is they aren't adequately substantiating (in the EEOC's eyes) that the POC applicants contain 50% more applicants that don't meet their criminal background check standard, compared to white applicants.

Also, more germane to this post topic, the EEOC's Sheetz complaint dates back 7 years so it's got little or nothing to do with Biden.

barelypure
Civilized said:

barelypure said:

I knew your post was an obvious truth distortion when reading it without even knowing anything about the EEOC/Sheetz situation.

Evidently they're not suing Sheetz because they won't "hire felons". They're suing them because they're turning away POC applicants at a higher rate than white applicants for having "failed" a criminal background check.

You can't screen job and housing applicants on race but you can on credit and criminal. However this standard is often not applied equally by companies towards applicants, which is the heart of the EEOC's complaint.

Sheetz turns away POC at a 50% greater rate than white applicants due to criminal background. My guess is they aren't adequately substantiating (in the EEOC's eyes) that the POC applicants contain 50% more applicants that don't meet their criminal background check standard, compared to white applicants.

Also, more germane to this post topic, the EEOC's Sheetz complaint dates back 7 years so it's got little or nothing to do with Biden.

Hey you, quit kicking sand on my conspiracies
barelypure
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2024/03/joe-biden-unrequited-love-american-workers/677777/

Why Biden's Pro-worker Stance Isn't Working

The most pro-labor president in history could hardly do more for unions, but their members aren't feeling it.

He's getting the endorsements from union leadership but the rank and file are trending Trump. Add to this his weakness with young progressive voters, black and Hispanic voters, he has a lot of work to do before November to shore up his base.

It might help if he could point to something positive he's done that's actually helped people. As we see by posters here when they're asked for his accomplishments we're more likely to get a But Trump answer than something Biden has done.

Even his campaign he doesn't point out his successes or his vision for the future. It's all about Trump and MAGA. His latest slogan doesn't seem to be catching on, We Choose Freedom Over Democracy. I'm not sure that sends the message he thinks it does.

barelypure
So the Washington Times has a poignant political cartoon by Alexander Hunter. I wish I could post it but alas...

Anyway it shows Biden asleep behind the Resolute desk with a plaque that says The Buck Stops. Not The Buck Stops Here, but just Stops. A woman answering the phone saying, It's Tehran again...they want to know what's our acceptable Jew body count for their next attack. An aide responds, Just say we'll get back to them after we check with Dearborn.

It so encapsulates how many Americans, and possibly others, in how things actually work. The President is asleep and clueless what's going on in his Administration while some nameless aide is seeing which way the wind is blowing for making crucial decisions.
barelypure
But just to show I'm not a Debbie Downer bringing just bad news about Biden, here's some positive news those on the left can rejoice in.

Biden's poll numbers are going up .... in the undocumented voters from Venezuela
barelypure
ncsupack1
So true
Gulfstream4
barelypure said:

Perfect
BBW12OG
What do these folks have in common?

Please lefties..... enlighten us.

Gulfstream4
Who goes to see Jesus first, Joe or Bernie?
Oldsouljer
Wufskins said:

FYI, the EEOC is not part of the Biden regime. It's an independent agency that enforces federal laws.
So it's unaccountable to the American people which is a problem, particularly if it's funded by the American people.
hokiewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Wufskins said:

So it's unaccountable to the American people which is a problem, particularly if it's funded by the American people.
what does this mean? They are accountable through the judiciary and the legislative branches. The EEOC is part of title VII of the Civil Rights act.
Originator of the Tony Adams Scale
Wufskins
Funny that you questioned my factual post and not Barely's pot stirring one.
justaguy
Gulfstream4 said:

Who goes to see Jesus first, Joe or Bernie?

Only thing I know is neither of them is going to be seeing him for very long
wolfbreath
Fact Check: Viral Meme Says Biden Graduated 76th in a Class of 85 at Syracuse University College of Law in '68. Here Are the Facts

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fact-check-viral-meme-says-234400023.html

First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 244

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.