The Biden Administration..V3

917,869 Views | 10736 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Werewolf
hokiewolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

Greg Abbott is going to defend his border.

Zero clue about the legalities surrounding this, but I feel like this is a very savvy move by Abbott. I feel like the Biden Administration is backed into a corner and I dont know how they can respond without looking awful to the voting public given how big of an issue immigration has become.

Agreed. It's a big issue to most folks, cultists aside. No idea how the Biden admin can play this.
I'm by no means saying what Abbot did was wrong, but the Constitution is pretty clear when States are allowed to secure the border instead of the US Government.
Read Abbot's letter. He is quoting the constitution with his State rights.
Article IV Section 4 seems pretty clear to me who has the authority. And unfortunately in this case, that is the Federal Government. So I don't fault Abbot at all, the fault is squarely on the Congress to act and fix this error, and again they would regather throw bombs at each other and then send out those clips to their email servers to get more donations.

The way out of this is to elect more people who are serious about doing the actual work, understanding that that serious work involves compromise, and then re-electing those folks when they are primaried by someone like a MTG or and AOC or a Matt Gaetz or a guy like Bernie Saunders whose been in congress for 30 years and gotten one bill passed. 1!

Get me more people like Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, or Roy blunt and Sherrod Brown. Those last two agreeed on probably 5 things and guess what, those 5 things are laws now.
Hokie, did you read Abbots letter?
yes

Do you feel comfortable enough in your constitutional law knowledge to stand firm in your "I don't think Abbbott is wrong but he's wrong" position.
other than the Constitutional law elective it took 25 years ago in college, no. But generally speaking, I'm not in favor of interpretation of the Constitution to fit what the wants and desires are for the two political parties.
Hokie, the following is Abbot's claim:

Because the Federal Government is derelict if its duties to uphold the following:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Then, it kicks in the following:

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Is that legal maneuvering? Possibly.
I think because there is no declaration of war, that invasion language doesn't fly with what Abbott did
That would be derelict of duty; therefore, the state is acting. Abbott declared an invasion!

Listen, I think Abbott was derelict in his duties, for three years, as well. Biden allowed this mess to start! Abbott should have done this three years ago.

Now, the big story is about this border deal, being stopped. First off, no one has read this bill, but a few…

Trump solved any border problem, we had, and needed no "bill" to do so. It's called.. being Presidential! Oh, that's right… you, Hokie, don't think Trump is qualified to be president.
I will admit there were some good things Trump did at the border, but he didn't "solve it" by any means.

And yes, he's still in my mind disqualified to be president.

Anyway, this will probably go to the Supreme Court and Roberts willl be the swing.
Werewolf
Reader comment:

"My concern is that this is all political theater.

The last figures I saw indicated 6 million illegals have entered the U.S. in 2023. Apparently, they are somewhere in the interior.

Whatever the number, it was MANY, and likely enough for whatever the purpose of this invasion is, as intended by the Biden communists.

Now, the politicians are free to play to their citizens and make a big show about taking a stand at the Texas border and shutting down illegal immigration.

But in reality the communists may have enough manpower already inside of CONUS, and are ready to move on to the next phase of their nefarious plan.

I trust nothing I'm seeing."
#Devolution #Expand Your Thinking #Eye of The Storm #TheGreatAwakening
Werewolf
Reader comment:

"There are 27 Republican Governors.

Who is missing from this list?

Vermont…not sure who else hasn't thrown their hat in"
Oldsouljer
Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

This is pretty simple, the Biden administration is refusing to enforce the current laws on the books. Both parties can be blamed for not "fixing" those laws but Biden has created this mess and it's not fair to the state of Texas or any other border state.
Texas has declared an invasion and they have every right under the Constitution to defend themselves. It's crystal clear if you know the Constitution. People forget that Texas is indeed it's own Republic and they never would have joined the union if they were not able to defend themselves against an invasion.

Great that other states have stepped up and backed Greg Abbott. I would hope the Legislature here in North Carolina would step up and voice their support for Texas. I know leftist Roy Cooper won't, but the House and Senate can.

Now if the Pedophile in Chief chooses to send troops to enforce Federal Law. Will the men and women in uniform defy their oath to the Constitution of not following unlawful orders and attack other American citizens? I have faith that the lower level officers and enlisted will not follow unlawful orders.

Politics at their best.
You're sure one to be talking... your President created this issue by purposefully opening (I'm not even going to call it "not securing") our borders to whomever wants to come across. Three full years of this bull**** now...

But yeah, blame it on Trump! (TDS)

Blame whoever you want for the state of affairs until now but Congress is six weeks into negotiating border legislation and it's the 11th hour and it's 'going to get torpedoed because Trump and MAGAs want to campaign on Biden's failures on the issue.

McConnell to Floating Splitting Ukraine and Border Deal
It's horrible legislation for starters and its passage or lack thereof in no way hinders the executive branch from protecting the border.
Werewolf
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

This is pretty simple, the Biden administration is refusing to enforce the current laws on the books. Both parties can be blamed for not "fixing" those laws but Biden has created this mess and it's not fair to the state of Texas or any other border state.
Texas has declared an invasion and they have every right under the Constitution to defend themselves. It's crystal clear if you know the Constitution. People forget that Texas is indeed it's own Republic and they never would have joined the union if they were not able to defend themselves against an invasion.

Great that other states have stepped up and backed Greg Abbott. I would hope the Legislature here in North Carolina would step up and voice their support for Texas. I know leftist Roy Cooper won't, but the House and Senate can.

Now if the Pedophile in Chief chooses to send troops to enforce Federal Law. Will the men and women in uniform defy their oath to the Constitution of not following unlawful orders and attack other American citizens? I have faith that the lower level officers and enlisted will not follow unlawful orders.

Politics at their best.
You're sure one to be talking... your President created this issue by purposefully opening (I'm not even going to call it "not securing") our borders to whomever wants to come across. Three full years of this bull**** now...

Blame whoever you want for the state of affairs until now but Congress is six weeks into negotiating border legislation and it's the 11th hour and it's 'going to get torpedoed because Trump and MAGAs want to campaign on Biden's failures on the issue.

It's horrible legislation for starters and its passage or lack thereof in no way hinders the executive branch from protecting the border.
We'd still be subjects of the Crown with the lethargic nature of 3 of the guys on here back in 1776. They are #traitors under the current circumstances.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

Zero clue about the legalities surrounding this, but I feel like this is a very savvy move by Abbott. I feel like the Biden Administration is backed into a corner and I dont know how they can respond without looking awful to the voting public given how big of an issue immigration has become.

Agreed. It's a big issue to most folks, cultists aside. No idea how the Biden admin can play this.
I'm by no means saying what Abbot did was wrong, but the Constitution is pretty clear when States are allowed to secure the border instead of the US Government.
Article IV Section 4 seems pretty clear to me who has the authority. And unfortunately in this case, that is the Federal Government. So I don't fault Abbot at all, the fault is squarely on the Congress to act and fix this error, and again they would regather throw bombs at each other and then send out those clips to their email servers to get more donations.

The way out of this is to elect more people who are serious about doing the actual work, understanding that that serious work involves compromise, and then re-electing those folks when they are primaried by someone like a MTG or and AOC or a Matt Gaetz or a guy like Bernie Saunders whose been in congress for 30 years and gotten one bill passed. 1!

Get me more people like Marco Rubio, Ben Sasse, or Roy blunt and Sherrod Brown. Those last two agreeed on probably 5 things and guess what, those 5 things are laws now.
yes

Do you feel comfortable enough in your constitutional law knowledge to stand firm in your "I don't think Abbbott is wrong but he's wrong" position.
other than the Constitutional law elective it took 25 years ago in college, no. But generally speaking, I'm not in favor of interpretation of the Constitution to fit what the wants and desires are for the two political parties.

Because the Federal Government is derelict if its duties to uphold the following:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

I think because there is no declaration of war, that invasion language doesn't fly with what Abbott did
That would be derelict of duty; therefore, the state is acting. Abbott declared an invasion!

Listen, I think Abbott was derelict in his duties, for three years, as well. Biden allowed this mess to start! Abbott should have done this three years ago.

Now, the big story is about this border deal, being stopped. First off, no one has read this bill, but a few…

Trump solved any border problem, we had, and needed no "bill" to do so. It's called.. being Presidential! Oh, that's right… you, Hokie, don't think Trump is qualified to be president.
I will admit there were some good things Trump did at the border, but he didn't "solve it" by any means.

Anyway, this will probably go to the Supreme Court and Roberts willl be the swing.
Actually, he did solve it while he was in office. Biden, on the other hand, did away with all Trumps actions, that contributed to the problem. Then, he communicated the openness at the border and flow started happening.

Don't you remember seeing all the immigrants wearing Biden/Harris t-shirts before getting to the border?

Regarding the Supreme Court, they already did rule. They said the Federal Government can take down the wired fences. At this point, the Federal Government, hasn't done so. I believe I saw where Biden gave an ultimatum to take the wire fence down, by a certain date…

Trump is the most qualified person to be President we've had run and/or is still running!
On the illegal or criminal immigrants…

“they built the country, the reason our economy is growing”

Joe Biden
caryking
Oldsouljer said:

Civilized said:

TheStorm said:

Civilized said:

DrummerboyWolf said:

jkpackfan said:

Politics at their best.

This is so correct!! Trump had the border under control, without this money. This tells me that the bill, being discussed, has some nastiness in it.

Joe Biden
Werewolf
Create the crisis, provide the remedy .....our electorate falls for it every time. In the case, with the #'s of military age Chinese and Middle Easterners coming across its more than that.
Civilized
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packgrad said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

packgrad said:

yes

Actually, he did solve it while he was in office. Biden, on the other hand, did away with all Trumps actions, that contributed to the problem. Then, he communicated the openness at the border and flow started happening.

Don't you remember seeing all the immigrants wearing Biden/Harris t-shirts before getting to the border?

Regarding the Supreme Court, they already did rule. They said the Federal Government can take down the wired fences. At this point, the Federal Government, hasn't done so. I believe I saw where Biden gave an ultimatum to take the wire fence down, by a certain date…

Trump is the most qualified person to be President we've had run and/or is still running!

Yeah, no. Not even close.

Crossings under Trump were running at about the same clip as during Obama's presidency until 2019 when they shot up before dipping again in 2020 when we locked down for COVID.

We can blame Biden for the current sitiuation all we want but immigration numbers under Trump looked the same as they had for years before he was ever in office. He didn't have a problem with immigration the way Biden has but he didn't solve anything either. If you think the levels of immigration we saw under Trump were "solving" the problem then Obama solved it and Trump kept the status quo.

Of course Obama didn't solve it either. The trendline was steadily down when he took office.

This doesn't get "solved" until we completely overhaul immigration processes and streamline the process for legal immigration.
Werewolf
Werewolf
Werewolf
That's a large # of domestic terrorists all in one place.

Werewolf
Biden should take some lessons from Obama and use a drone to carpet bomb these terrorists.........just like Obama did in Afghanistan and in the Pashtun areas of Pakistan.

SmaptyWolf
Werewolf said:

Biden should take some lessons from Obama and use a drone to carpet bomb these terrorists.........just like Obama did in Afghanistan and in the Pashtun areas of Pakistan.

Trump thinks that Biden could do it and it would be totally legal.
packgrad
Biden is uniting the country. Well, except for the radical leftists.

packofwolves
No way he can last 4 more years…

hokiewolf
packofwolves said:

I don't think either of them are going to last the full 4 years. We shouldn't be electing octogenarians to President of the United States. My pop is 84, still runs his own business and is sharp as a tack, but even he would struggle with the public aspects of the office.

Both Biden and Trump are starting to show the bands on the tires.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

I don't think either of them are going to last the full 4 years. We shouldn't be electing octogenarians to President of the United States. My pop is 84, still runs his own business and is sharp as a tack, but even he would struggle with the public aspects of the office.

Joe Biden
packgrad
The mental capabilities of the two are not even comparable. The fact that hokie can't acknowledge that is hilarious. Bububut Trump….
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

SmaptyWolf
packgrad said:

The mental capabilities of the two are not even comparable. The fact that hokie can't acknowledge that is hilarious. Bububut Trump….
I'm sure Fox News would have a field day with this guy if he were a Dem:

caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

You're an idiot if you are trying to compare that video to Biden's daily screw-ups!!!

Joe Biden
SmaptyWolf
caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

You're an idiot if you are trying to compare that video to Biden's daily screw-ups!!!
No, you just prefer having all of Trump's slurring and confusion edited out of your news.
caryking
SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

SmaptyWolf said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

No, you just prefer having all of Trump's slurring and confusion edited out of your news.
Like I said above...

Joe Biden
packofwolves
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -
You have got to be kidding. Biden is a mental mess. Trump doesn't come close to that. You are way off.
hokiewolf
packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -
You have got to be kidding. Biden is a mental mess. Trump doesn't come close to that. You are way off.

2016 Trump does equal 2024 Trump Not even close buddy. It's not an indictment of Trump. Old people tend to act like old people. Some are better, some are worse, none of them near or over 80 years old should be in Public Office, let alone running for President of the United States.
SmaptyWolf
packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -

You're confusing what you hear every day with actual reality. Listen to that Wisconsin speech... it's really good.

Trump flubs his prompter lines all the time and says some pretty bizarre things to cover for it. You guys have just chosen to make this stuff a centerpiece of your campaign against Biden because you're pathetic and desperate.
Civilized
packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -

Are we really going to split these hairs?

It's completely obvious these guys are noticeably diminished versions of their prime selves (or even their 65-year old selves if we're being honest) and they both routinely sound like idiots when they're talking. Both of them. Very frequently. I think it is likely true that they are not as diminished as they sometimes sound but still, we are splitting hairs.

Neither should be anywhere close to the White House. Their wisdom can be conveyed to other leaders in advisory roles and to their grandkids.

They are older than 498 of the Fortune 500 CEOs. Being President is a role for someone in their 40s or 50s or 60s on the outside edge.
FlossyDFlynt
If the FAA has a mandatory retirement age of 65 because you can no longer be trusted with a commercial airliner, that same rule should apply to the legislative, judicial, and executive branches of government.
hokiewolf
FlossyDFlynt said:

If the FAA has a mandatory retirement age of 65 because you can no longer be trusted with a commercial airliner, that same rule should apply to the legislative, judicial, and executive branches of government.
I would be fine with 72 being the limit.
caryking
hokiewolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Hell, let's just make is 50….then, make the minimum age 48.

Joe Biden
Civilized
caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

FlossyDFlynt said:

Hell, let's just make is 50….then, make the minimum age 48.

You don't think a 37 year range is sufficient Cary?
packofwolves
hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -

2016 Trump does equal 2024 Trump Not even close buddy. It's not an indictment of Trump. Old people tend to act like old people. Some are better, some are worse, none of them near or over 80 years old should be in Public Office, let alone running for President of the United States.

So predictable. Rather than commenting on Biden's mental acuity, you pull in Trump.

Let us know when Trump is a stumbling mess equivalent to Biden. The Trump thread would be a good place to post it.
Oldsouljer
packofwolves said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -

So predictable. Rather than commenting on Biden's mental acuity, you pull in Trump.

Let us know when Trump is a stumbling mess equivalent to Biden. The Trump thread would be a good place to post it.
The telling difference between the two is that Trump will agree to a debate and I seriously doubt Biden's handlers ever again allow him within a mile of a debate stage.
packgrad
Oldsouljer said:

packofwolves said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

caryking said:

hokiewolf said:

packofwolves said:

Hokie -

The telling difference between the two is that Trump will agree to a debate and I seriously doubt Biden's handlers ever again allow him within a mile of a debate stage.

Hell, just an interview. Biden can't handle that when he has the questions ahead of time. The usuals are just blinded by derangement. Pitiful.
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 307

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.